Thread: Car Chase Suicide aired live on Fox News

Default Car Chase Suicide aired live on Fox News

Anyone else see that? WOW

If you didn't, they aired live the guy running from a police down a hill, then he stopped and shot himself right in the head, live on TV, they cut away but it was too late.

Default Re: Car Chase Suicide aired live on Fox News

The anchor wasn't pleased that's for sure.

I know it's morbid as hell but here it is... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...e-delay-375061 Welcome to the real world i guess.
    Last edited by RWB; 09-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The first big deal here is that they had it on 5 second delay and still screwed it up.

The second big deal here is that Fox News will probably air an asinine segment on one of their shows tonight about violence in video games ruining America's youth.

The third big deal, and the harsh truth of the matter, is that we as Americans watch way more graphic stuff than that on an almost daily basis.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

News organizations.... If you're going to take a situation live like that then take it and live with it. You've already made the choice that it is news... so let it play out. Let the pictures tell the story.

I'm more offended by the apology than the coverage. If you didn't want anyone to see something like that happen live, then don't take an out of control event like that and broadcast it as news... whether live or on 5 sec delay.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Somewhere there was a mixup, the anchor seemed like he was seeing the delay feed while the viewer was seeing the live feed. I don't know who that's on, I assume the director.

Regardless, that's a miniscule question compared to why a random car chase needs to be deemed "Breaking News" that gets live coverage. It's not like the president's limo got hijacked.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somewhere there was a mixup, the anchor seemed like he was seeing the delay feed while the viewer was seeing the live feed. I don't know who that's on, I assume the director.

Regardless, that's a miniscule question compared to why a random car chase needs to be deemed "Breaking News" that gets live coverage. It's not like the president's limo got hijacked.
    The problem with 24/7 news is that there isn't enough real news to report. In this case, the only unusual thing was the suicide and the screener was asleep at the wheel. I would find it hard to stay awake too given the interest level of the "news". Internet news is the worst. Don't get me started on Yahoo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless, that's a miniscule question compared to why a random car chase needs to be deemed "Breaking News" that gets live coverage.
    1.) Slow news day
    2.) Let's face it, people like to watch high speed car chases on TV. How else would World's Wildest Police Videos succeed without chase video?
    3.) On the "shock" factor for live news coverage that still rates kind of low for me.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca