Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

  1. #1

    Default Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...bout-his-knee/

    Q: What’s going on with the your knee?

    A: Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it, which is a way to help it heal better. I actually did it toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.

    Q:
    Would you play if this were the regular season?

    A:
    Yeah, this is more cautionary. We know we have about a month or so before we play our first regular season game.

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    I'm not sure that he actually had the procedure during the playoffs. That's not how I'm reading it. But I'm not saying you're wrong.

    I thought this quote was interesting (hope you don't mind me adding it):

    Q: Has anybody surprised you or stood out in those scrimmages?

    A: Honestly, D.J. Augustin is really impressive. He’s from New Orleans just like I am. Really a true point guard.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,786

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure that he actually had the procedure during the playoffs. That's not how I'm reading it. But I'm not saying you're wrong.

    I thought this quote was interesting (hope you don't mind me adding it):
    I still wish we'd have locked up Augustin for longer than 1 year.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still wish we'd have locked up Augustin for longer than 1 year.
    I doubt he would have signed a multi-year contract for this price tag. Also doubt we'll be able to re-sign him. I'd guess he wants to start.

  8. #5
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,655

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still wish we'd have locked up Augustin for longer than 1 year.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt he would have signed a multi-year contract for this price tag. Also doubt we'll be able to re-sign him. I'd guess he wants to start.
    I've got a good feeling about Augustin now that everyone keeps talking him up. I really think all it will take is for him to be on a good team for once.

  9. #6

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    That's the third guy bragging about little DJ. Who's next?

    It takes two parties to reach an agreement. You can't give a player more than 1 year if he doesn't want it. That's beyond the control of our management.

    And I didn't know DJ was from New Orleans. So Granger and Augustin for Eric Gordon does make some sense in the trade thread.

    Augustin/Rivers/Granger/Anderson/Davis that ain't bad at all

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,115

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    If we finally find someone who can really run an offense, I will call him Saint Augustin.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,568
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we finally find someone who can really run an offense, I will call him Saint Augustin.
    As long as he doesn't play like he is about 450 years old.

  14. #9
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,194
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the third guy bragging about little DJ. Who's next?

    It takes two parties to reach an agreement. You can't give a player more than 1 year if he doesn't want it. That's beyond the control of our management.

    And I didn't know DJ was from New Orleans. So Granger and Augustin for Eric Gordon does make some sense in the trade thread.

    Augustin/Rivers/Granger/Anderson/Davis that ain't bad at all

    Please no.... not again...

    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #10
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,488

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    I'd guess D.J. wants to be a starter at some point in the near future. We've already committed to a guy for 5 years and $40 million for that purpose.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    If it makes anyone feel better danny was out running with his bulldog last night, so he doesn't seem to be to bothered right now.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  19. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    And there goes that little bit of trade value Danny had....... JO,Dunleavy, Foster and now Danny

    Indiana Pacers "were we keep a player until he has no value" ....

  20. #13
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please no.... not again...

    Speaking of 450 years old...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,252

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there goes that little bit of trade value Danny had....... JO,Dunleavy, Foster and now Danny

    Indiana Pacers "were we keep a player until he has no value" ....
    If you trade every player who ever has any ounce of value you ever you would never win.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  24. #15

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd guess D.J. wants to be a starter at some point in the near future. We've already committed to a guy for 5 years and $40 million for that purpose.
    The Idea could be that Hill move over to SG, George move to SF and Granger gets traded for depth.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,115

    Default

    can i join u?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  27. #17
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can i join u?
    lol. i was texting a friend.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  28. #18
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,252

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Idea could be that Hill move over to SG, George move to SF and Granger gets traded for depth.
    Or we just move Hill to the bench, and have similar or better depth.

  29. #19

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or we just move Hill to the bench, and have similar or better depth.
    Depends where they want the depth

  30. #20
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,115

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as he doesn't play like he is about 450 years old.
    More like 1,450.

    But what's a millennium among friends?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  32. #21

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    Just bumping this to set the record straight. Mark Montieth reports the timeline on Danny's knee injury. He had the procedure done four weeks ago, not during the playoffs. So he only had the procedure 12 days before this thread was started.

    Interesting, he had it done in LA. I thought Kobe and others had to travel to Europe to have it done. Maybe it's approved in the US now?

    Granger injured a tendon in his left knee toward the end of the second-round playoff series with Miami last season. He tweaked it during off-season workouts, and received a platelet-rich plasma injection in Los Angeles on Sept. 16. It's a modernistic approach to an age-old problem with athletes' knees, and one that has received encouraging reviews from the likes of Kobe Bryant, who underwent a similar procedure in 2011.
    link

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  34. #22

    Default Re: Danny had a knee procedure during the playoffs

    I don't have a link, but there is a difference between the German procedure and the one Danny had done. In the US, the platelet-rich procedure just spins the blood to concentrate the platelets. The German procedure also heats [or some other tweak] the blood in addition to spinning it. It is the extra transformation step that is not allowed in the US. The use of platelet-rich plasma is and has been OK in the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just bumping this to set the record straight. Mark Montieth reports the timeline on Danny's knee injury. He had the procedure done four weeks ago, not during the playoffs. So he only had the procedure 12 days before this thread was started.

    Interesting, he had it done in LA. I thought Kobe and others had to travel to Europe to have it done. Maybe it's approved in the US now?


    link

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. UFA F Jeffries had knee procedure in Germany [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
  2. Report: Bryant undergoes knee procedure (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •