Thread: Agreement in principle reached with refs- may be back on the field Sunday!

Default Agreement in principle reached with refs- may be back on the field Sunday!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...y-week-sources

kind of amazing if they can get 120 guys in the next 4 days to

1) ratify the agreement
    2) pass their physicals
    3) get fitted for the new Nike uniforms
    4) get to all the venues
    5) get briefed on new rules/ points of emphasis

but hey....

I am all for it!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Agreement in principle reached with refs- may be back on the field Sunday!

So much for anyone thinking the NFL wouldn't care about what happened Monday.

Heard it from several people on sports talk radio.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Agreement in principle reached with refs- may be back on the field Sunday!

It's amazing what happens when you **** off Las Vegas...Sorry, but I will still be bitter about this. If the Packers had gotten the ****** call and people in Vegas hadn't lost close to a billion dollars the NFL wouldn't be doing squat IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing what happens when you **** off Las Vegas...Sorry, but I will still be bitter about this. If the Packers had gotten the ****** call and people in Vegas hadn't lost close to a billion dollars the NFL wouldn't be doing squat IMO.
    I actually read that even if GB had won lots of money would have been lost in Vegas. Perhaps I misread or misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually read that even if GB had won lots of money would have been lost in Vegas. Perhaps I misread or misunderstood
    If the point spread was bigger than 5 then then whoever would have bet on the Packers would have lost regardless of the outcome of the call.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Asked NFLRA source about idea that deal is done -- "Absolutely false" ... But they're getting closer, have made plenty of progress.

Retweeted by Jake Russell

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

NFL on the outside: "We're okay, this is whatever, we're not scared. The replacement refs are fine, the play stands, we won't be rattled, just stay the course."
    NFL on the inside: "Holy ****, we gotta get this figured out... call up the refs, let's get this done tomorrow."
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

streets ahead

Mr. Sports Journo ‏@BIGSPORTSWRITER
    False start, 13 yard penalty. RT @LATimesfarmer Source tells me deal between NFL-NFLRA is not as close as has been reported.
    12:16 PM - 26 Sep 12

11. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Sounds like Mort jumped the gun...

I'd assume that nothing would've leaked, though, if major issues hadn't gotten agreed upon.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Refs should make it a requirement for them to come back that the NFL admit the call at the end of the Seahawks-Packers game was incorrect.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods