Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Pacers lead at the end of the 1st quarter 3 games, Miami lead the other 3. Pacers lead at half 3 games. Miami lead at half twice. And one game was tied. (Oddly enough both games we won we trailed at end of 1st quarter and were tied and behind at half.)

Miami won 4 of the third quarters. Every game they won. The team that won the 3rd quarter won every game in the series.

I don't know what this means. Generally I think our general success in the first half, is a good indication that our starters did well on a skill to skill basis versus the Miami starters. What does the drop in second half suggest? To me it could be a couple of things.

1.) The bench didn't give us a whole lot. (While Lebron played nearly entire games without flinching, thus Miami's bench was sort of unimportant)
2.) The starters ran out of gas.
3.) Vogel got his *** beat at half time adjustments in 3 of the 5 games by Spoelstra. (Throwing out the Miami blow out in game 5 because that game was just DOA for the P's)

Personally, if I'm being completely honest, as much as I love Frank, I think 3 was a much bigger factor than anyone here wants to admit.
I think you are right. Mostly a superstar stepped up and beat the Pacers with only a little support from his teammates. Perhaps a great coach would have found a way to keep this from happening....