Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers' Most Improved Player for the 2012/2013 season

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers' Most Improved Player for the 2012/2013 season

What player do you want/expect to be the most improved from last season.Personally,I'd go for Paul George.The talent is undeniably there but he needs to fix his rather awful handling,decision making at times and stop being so passive in some games.Next,I hope for Roy's improvement and make his presence even more felt on the offensive end.

Default Re: Pacers' Most Improved Player for the 2012/2013 season

George has the most room for improvement for sure. But I expect to see Hibbert and Hill to be improved. Maybe even West with the lighter schedule and more time recovering from his injury.

And who knows, with the rate at which Green was improving prior to last year, he easily could have improved his shooting more this offseason.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejay Augustin.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am going on a limb here and say Danny will be more proficient and a better defender. You can now attempt to break that limb.

Mood

Roy will become a bonafide star center next season. Vogel will manage to have plays that can get the ball into him when we need him to have it and he'll have higher usage because of it, he'll also maybe play a minute or two more per game.

16 ppg
    10.5 rpg
    2.4 apg
    2.2 bpg

32 mpg

52% from the field

72 percent from the line.

All Star. All NBA 3rd team.

Heard it here first.

Hopefully George's ball handling pays off, this team is pretty stacked with guys who can score 15+ ppg, but i'll predict-

14.7 ppg
    6.5 rpg
    3 apg
    2 spg
    .8 bpg

47% from the field
    38 percent from 3
    80 percent from the line

2nd team All Defense.handles and was on a bad team he could probably put up 18 ppg in that case, but no way here.

Predicting scoring is tricky here, if he really has improved his

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly wanted to mention Tyler,but he was so bad last season that anything remotely decent will be an improvement.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly wanted to mention Tyler,but he was so bad last season that anything remotely decent will be an improvement.
    Hopefully Hollinger was right that alot of it was playing next to amundson. Now he will be playing next to Mahinmi.

I think Tyler will play better. Most improved...Gerald Green. Seemed to be finding his game late last year in Jersey. Has had a chance to mature...now he has a chance to prove himself

We all better pray that the answer to this by season's end is an emphatic, resounding "Paul George."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We all better pray that the answer to this by season's end is an emphatic, resounding "Paul George."
    Not necessarily. As long as Paul George improves greatly is all that matters. If Hibbert somehow improves even more thats just gravy.

And in regards to Green. If Green becomes the player that he looked capable of becoming when he got drafted. Then the league better watch out.

This is a tough question.

I think it'd be best for our team if it was Roy. If Roy's most improved, then we're significantly better and in the most important area.

I think Paul, Lance and Tyler have the most room/capability to be better than they were last season, especially Lance and Tyler.

I have no idea who it will be. Paul seems most logical only because that sort of thing is easiest measured by stat increases and he has the most room for growth. If Lance can stay in the rotation, stay healthy and focused then it's Lance.

More than anything, I hope we have the same player development this year that we had last year.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Whoever plays the 1 for us. If it is Hill or Collison, I do not care. I just want this position to pick it up a notch. If it does, it will elevate the whole teams play.

I'm predicting a 5-6 ppg improvement for Paul George this coming season. I'm sure he has been putting in the work this offseason, plus he has been hanging around the likes of Lebron and company probably picking their brains in the process to get ideas for improvement.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

I hope it is Tyler, but I wouldn't count Paul George out or Lance. My dark horse will be Hill.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I'm going with Tyler. He's had all summer to work on learning West's counter moves.

I have a theory that one of the reasons we signed David West is because he has a grounded offense. The same kind of offense that Tyler could develop. They were hoping that Tyler could learn that offense. He spent the season observing it. This was his summer to learn it.

btw, my answer was influenced by a Conrad Brunner article from earlier this summer.

"Tyler needs an offseason," Coach Frank Vogel said. "He's a guy I'd like to work with more than any player on our team this summer. With the motor that he has, if he ever develops the game, the skill-set, the moves and the counter-moves someone like David West has, really the sky's the limit for what he can do.

"Since he's been drafted he hasn't had an offseason to work with the coaching staff whether it's injuries or the lockout or whatever. He has a tremendous area for growth in terms of developing his skill set and his moves."
    Last edited by Strummer; 09-20-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Added the article link and quotes

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

As for the guys left from last year's squad I think Roy will make the biggest improvement. I know he'll make it his job to show that he deserves that contract. For the new guys, I think DJ will have a nice year and average some nice assist numbers. Gerald Green is my next option.

Mood

I'd love for it to be Tyler Hansbrough, but that doesn't seem very likely. I'm going to go with Paul George. In any case, it's more important for Paul to improve than Tyler.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    I'm predicting a 5-6 ppg improvement for Paul George this coming season. I'm sure he has been putting in the work this offseason, plus he has been hanging around the likes of Lebron and company probably picking their brains in the process to get ideas for improvement.
    That would mean 17-18 ppg.Although that would be great and welcomed of course,is something not easy to accomplish especially when you are in a team that has many scorers and not one go to guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    That would mean 17-18 ppg.Although that would be great and welcomed of course,is something not easy to accomplish especially when you are in a team that has many scorers and not one go to guy.
    If Paul's handles have gotten better than last year, I think the team will look to go to him as much as if not more than Granger when they need scoring.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    If Paul's handles have gotten better than last year, I think the team will look to go to him as much as if not more than Granger when they need scoring.
    I disagree. PG is one of the worst mid-range starting SG in the league.

Why would Tyler suddenly improve now? The guy has been the same exact player since he was 21.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Why would Tyler suddenly improve now? The guy has been the same exact player since he was 21.
    I think people just want to see Tyler be smarter and more consistent. Improvement doesnt alwaus mean the advancement/developmemt of a new skill set.

For example; If he becomes money with that 15 ft J like he was two seasons ago, that alone would mark improvement.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG has a load of talent, but...... he has soooooooooooooooo much to work on, offensively. The reason I say that is because he is capable of doing anything; but his offensive game is pretty low-dimensional, as in, there's not a lot of skill or diversity in his skills. He mostly seems to be a free-ranger, winging it, and trying to find opportunities off other people's actions. He uses almost exclusively his athleticism, and lacks a lot of acquired skills, or moves. He's the opposite of David West, who is not athletic at all, but has a wide range of skills in the post and mid-range that he can use to his advantage. If PG could learn the low and mid-rang skills of David West and combine that with his own athleticism and range and defensive ability, you're talking an elite player. His game is mostly in 3 tracks --- the fast break, the 3 point line, and finishing around the rim. His game in between the rim and the 3-point line is damn near non-existent. But he has the ability to be very good. One thing he could be a beast at is posting up or even the high post. At 6'9" or 6'10", whatever you want to believe, there is no SG in the league that could guard him down there. It requires building a skillset down in the post, it's not something you can just wing, which is mostly how he plays. He just wings it. He needs some set moves, that he can string together randomly to create scoring opportunities.

Having better handles certainly helps that. But he seriously needs to work on his moves. There is no limit to what this kid can do, he just needs to work hard.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-21-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    For example; If he becomes money with that 15 ft J like he was two seasons ago, that alone would mark improvement.
    His effective FG% on jump shots was .408 two seasons ago.

Obviously significantly better than last year's .326 but not exactly "money".

He shot it a ton both years so you remember more makes two seasons ago but the rate of makes to misses was still really poor.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson