Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 600

Thread: Luck so far

  1. #151
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, Luck can throw it a long way but it hangs up and floats at the end.... We will stop talking about Luck's arm when he makes a pass that shows that he has one. I agree with Parcells and Sims that he can't make a real NFL QB throw. But, don't worry, Chad Pennington won quite a few games with that kind of arm..... ...
    Did you not see the 41 yard TD pass to Hilton against the Jags? Your entire opinion is based on false information. How sad and pathetic.

  2. #152
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    RG3 seems like he has a much bigger ego than Luck, at least based on what he shows in public.

    ''They were doing a lot of dirty things. I still think they have an extremely good team, that doesn't take anything away from them, but the game was unprofessional. Who am I to talk? I've barely been a pro for very long, but from what I experienced against the Saints compared to that game, it was definitely unprofessional and it does need to be cleaned up.''

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...is-rams-092012

    Guy had played eight quarters in the league at that point and was lecturing people on professionalism.

    Then you have the fact that he wouldn't even come to Indy to do a workout. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing talent and throws a beautiful ball. I think he's going to be very good for a long time. But I don't think he acts as humble as most rookies. Most rookies wouldn't whine about hits after they had played just two NFL games. That's not how you earn respect around the league.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  4. #153
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG3 seems like he has a much bigger ego than Luck, at least based on what he shows in public.

    ''They were doing a lot of dirty things. I still think they have an extremely good team, that doesn't take anything away from them, but the game was unprofessional. Who am I to talk? I've barely been a pro for very long, but from what I experienced against the Saints compared to that game, it was definitely unprofessional and it does need to be cleaned up.''

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...is-rams-092012

    Guy had played eight quarters in the league at that point and was lecturing people on professionalism.

    Then you have the fact that he wouldn't even come to Indy to do a workout. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing talent and throws a beautiful ball. I think he's going to be very good for a long time. But I don't think he acts as humble as most rookies. Most rookies wouldn't whine about hits after they had just played two NFL games. That's not how you earn respect around the league.
    RGIII is an arrogant primadonna that parlayed ONE good season at a school in a weak conference to being selected by a team with the worst front office decision making skills in the NFL. All that hype and his team is 1-2, the lone win against the hapless and winless Saints.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you not see the 41 yard TD pass to Hilton against the Jags? Your entire opinion is based on false information. How sad and pathetic.

    Go back to page 2. I linked a youtube clip to that touchdown in post 43. In post 45, Olblu responded with "I don't care about that", probably because it completely undercut his assertion that Luck doesn't have a long ball.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  8. #155
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go back to page 2. I linked a youtube clip to that touchdown in post 43. In post 45, Olblu responded with "I don't care about that", probably because it completely undercut his assertion that Luck doesn't have a long ball.
    It's beyond pathetic the lengths this guy goes to deny reality to support his views.

  9. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you not see the 41 yard TD pass to Hilton against the Jags? Your entire opinion is based on false information. How sad and pathetic.
    I did not get to see that game. I was travelling and it wasn't carried where I was parked at the time.... ... I did see that he hit on less than half of his passes.....

  10. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's beyond pathetic the lengths this guy goes to deny reality to support his views.
    So he made one. Good. He has floated a lot more and even the most avid Colts fan will see that after a year or two, if he lasts that long playing behind that line.... ...

  11. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable that olblu has the nerve to criticize Luck when RGIII has the same 1-2 record even with a much better surrounding cast. Why can't RGIII figure out how to get rid of the football? Taking SIX sacks against the Bengals is inexcusable. You would never see Luck put himself in a position to hurt his team in that way.

    Luck has played well enough to give the Colts a 2-1 record. It's not his fault that Vinatieri misses easy FGs or that his defense gave up an 80 yard TD in the final minute of the game.

    If the Colts do lose to Green Bay, it won't be because of Luck. It'll be because the defense can't stop the Packers' offense and the offensive line can't block Clay Matthews. RGIII would be a human pinata if he went against the Packers.
    Yeah, just like its not RG3's fault that our secondary cant cover a JV receiving core

  12. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet the Colts are near the top of the league in long passing completions. If you want to see a QB more concerned with being in Subway commercials and getting sacked six times a game, tune in to RGIII.



  13. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Also, I'm with you on the lack of taxes and living in a mansion...buuut idk about pooping out fairs and lolli pops. Lol
    I meant fairys and lolli pops, though pooping fairs would be interesting as well......

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  15. #161
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he made one. Good. He has floated a lot more and even the most avid Colts fan will see that after a year or two, if he lasts that long playing behind that line.... ...

    "Floating" doesn't mean that he can't throw a long ball. It's likely more of an indication that his timing isn't quite there with the receivers given that he's a rookie. He's shown multiple times that he can air it out when he wants to. He just has to put it in the right spot at the right time. There are going to be bumps along the way.

    The pass I linked to back in page 2 was a beautiful NFL pass.

    He led us on a game winning drive to win the Minnesota game and what should have been a game winning drive against Jacksonville. He has shown an incredible amount of poise as a rookie. Our conservative play calling almost cost us the Minnesota game and it did cost us the Jacksonville game. Hopefully we don't play conservative with leads.

  16. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG3 seems like he has a much bigger ego than Luck, at least based on what he shows in public.

    ''They were doing a lot of dirty things. I still think they have an extremely good team, that doesn't take anything away from them, but the game was unprofessional. Who am I to talk? I've barely been a pro for very long, but from what I experienced against the Saints compared to that game, it was definitely unprofessional and it does need to be cleaned up.''

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...is-rams-092012

    Guy had played eight quarters in the league at that point and was lecturing people on professionalism.

    Then you have the fact that he wouldn't even come to Indy to do a workout. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing talent and throws a beautiful ball. I think he's going to be very good for a long time. But I don't think he acts as humble as most rookies. Most rookies wouldn't whine about hits after they had played just two NFL games. That's not how you earn respect around the league.
    Dude, EVERYONE was commenting on how many cheap-shots the Rams threw that game. On RG3, on Moss, or Sleepy.....on everyone. The Rams beat us physically that game, then we started getting caught up in stupid **** (see Josh Morgan, penalty, 15 yards, missed field goal....)

    God forbid a player who is hit out of bounds twice (and quite late hits at that) get pissed off about that. Esp. when that players plays a position that the modern NFL freaking treats with a kid glove

    I dont know enough about turning down the workout, but I wouldn't be surprised if his agent had more to do with that (Maybe he even already knew that Luck was the unanimous number 1)

    I agree he should not had said anything, but I guarantee you any NFL QB would have *****ed after that game. IMO his mistake wasnt *****ing, it was who he *****ed to. It should have been to a veteran captain or coach, and let them mention it to the media. Its not a good look on a rookie in any sports, and especially not a high profile one.

    Not that I care one way or the other. In 10 years I doubt we remember that game ever happened (unless it comes out Fisher has a bounty program running, which wouldn't surprise me as dirty as all of his teams have been)....but I disgress

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  18. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RGIII is an arrogant primadonna that parlayed ONE good season at a school in a weak conference to being selected by a team with the worst front office decision making skills in the NFL. All that hype and his team is 1-2, the lone win against the hapless and winless Saints.
    You are an obnoxious whiner who has repeated your same line the same way OleBlu has.

    P.S. He has the same record as the Colts, and we lost the Rams game because of a stupid penalty. Both teams could easily be 2-1.

    You are an obsessed Luck fan, and I am sorry you have so much hate built up. The Colts and Luck have a lot of hype, yet you don't hear people *****ing about all the hype he gets.

    Like I said a few weeks ago, it is pathetic how some are waiting for RG3 to fail just so you can feel good about yourself. Lord forbid we just be fans of the game and root for RG3 and Luck to both be successful.

    Of course all this ignores the stupid front office comment, which has proven that is has changed since Snyder was forced to go hands off and Bruce Allen became our G.M.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  20. #164
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he made one. Good. He has floated a lot more and even the most avid Colts fan will see that after a year or two, if he lasts that long playing behind that line.... ...

    I haven't really had a problem with you on here like many people have. You pay attention to the team and clearly care. But I do think that you are way too hard on Luck and have an inherent bias against him because he replaced Manning (which is understandable to an extent). That's just my personal opinion after reading your posts for the past 7 or whatever months. I have a hard time believing that you were this hard on Manning back in 1998 when he was slinging 28 interceptions with the team winning just three games. Or when he threw 23 picks in 2001, a season in which we went a putrid 6-10.

    Young QBs have growing pains. But I just don't see how anyone could not think that Luck has looked pretty damn solid out there so far. He has shown lots of poise and the ability to come through in big moments. He is doing all of this while scrambling for his life out there.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    FWIW, I would have LOVED my life had the Redskins taken Luck. I think he is a great QB, and I have loved some of his passes (like those shown in this thread).

    I actually think Luck is the more traditional pocket QB (I wont say he is like Peyton cause IMO no one will ever match him. He literally was a genius of the game, and what he lacked for in physical skills he made up for with amazing smarts) while RG3 is the more mobile and can make things happen on the move.

    As I said back on April 26, I think both ended up in the best situation for them. Both will have growing pains, but I have been surprised how well both have played and avoided rookie mistakes (it is still early in the season, and I missed the one game where Luck threw a couple of picks. Granted, Luck had a great bounce back and still had a good overall game)

  23. #166
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, EVERYONE was commenting on how many cheap-shots the Rams threw that game. On RG3, on Moss, or Sleepy.....on everyone. The Rams beat us physically that game, then we started getting caught up in stupid **** (see Josh Morgan, penalty, 15 yards, missed field goal....)

    God forbid a player who is hit out of bounds twice (and quite late hits at that) get pissed off about that. Esp. when that players plays a position that the modern NFL freaking treats with a kid glove

    I dont know enough about turning down the workout, but I wouldn't be surprised if his agent had more to do with that (Maybe he even already knew that Luck was the unanimous number 1)

    I agree he should not had said anything, but I guarantee you any NFL QB would have *****ed after that game. IMO his mistake wasnt *****ing, it was who he *****ed to. It should have been to a veteran captain or coach, and let them mention it to the media. Its not a good look on a rookie in any sports, and especially not a high profile one.

    Not that I care one way or the other. In 10 years I doubt we remember that game ever happened (unless it comes out Fisher has a bounty program running, which wouldn't surprise me as dirty as all of his teams have been)....but I disgress

    Fair enough. I maybe shouldn't have criticized him like that since he's just a kid. He's a special talent and I'd be excited too if I were a Skins fan.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  25. #167

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he made one. Good. He has floated a lot more and even the most avid Colts fan will see that after a year or two, if he lasts that long playing behind that line.... ...
    For all the incessant babbling about 'playing behind that line', just thought I'd bring up the FACT that Luck has been sacked 5 times this year, Griffin has been sacked - as Mr. Rooney would say - 9 times.

    But - that's a fact and some people choose to ignore them.

  26. #168
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has floated a lot more...
    So Luck floats his passes huh? Well since he's "floated" so many of them, it should be pretty easy for you to come up with specific examples of the passes you believe he floated. I'll even do the legwork for you. Here are links to NFL.com Luck highlights for all three of our games. Give us some indication as to which of these passes you think are "floated" please. I realize you're a busy and important man, and that you may not have internet where you're RV is currently parked but just get to it when you have some spare time. Thanks.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...uck-highlights
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...uck-highlights
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...uck-highlights

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  28. #169
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    He's mostly hanging his "floating ball" hat on Luck's first game, when yes Luck did underestimate the speed of the NFL and did float a few balls, or didn't put enough zing on them. That has been cut down drastically in the subsequent two games. Just shows that Blu doesn't actually watch the games, or just sees what he wants when he does watch them.

    I made the same comments about Peyton 14 years ago. I know what I'm lookin' at. Luck is a guy who's greatest strength is his ability to absorb information and make adjustments into winning plays almost instantly. Just like Peyton. They both rarely make the same mistake twice, and when you have that ability, you eventually just stop making mistakes, or very rarely. What's amazing to think about is, Luck can throw the ball better and is more athletic than Peyton. Think about that. Luck also has an improvisational ability that exceeds Manning. When things broke down, Manning usually threw the ball away or took a sack. Luck enters a whole different mode...

    I will say though that I said it before the draft and I'll say it again -- Luck's ability to sense pressure and avoid a sack/tackle is stupidly ridiculous amazing. His subtle moves make it harder for defenders to get to him, but when they do, he has a lower-half strength about him that allows him to shrug off defenders a large part of the time. I've seen some defenders get their arms around his legs/waist, and he just pulls away and leaves them on the ground. I've never seen a rookie as good as him at it. Even having a worse line than RG3 (and RG3 is also supposed to be "faster" than Luck), Luck still has less sacks.

    I'm not tryin' to hate on RG3, so I won't post most of my thoughts on him, but it's not as glowing as most of NFL fans want to make it. Lotta people are hyped up on some gimmicks right now. Here's hoping he fixes some things and can change his game.... but I know how these movies end. Seen it before.

    I said it before the draft and I'll say it again --- players that get big boosts by combine results are usually flash in the pan or rarely live up to expectations, because 40-speed and long-bombs generally don't work out long-term in the NFL. Luck moves better than RG3 in the pocket and outside the pocket, and throws better on the run, didn't matter that he didn't run a 4.4 forty. He just moves better.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  30. #170

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's one thing to argue if you have an argument, but all you are doing is arguing for the sake of getting a rise out of people. We've tried to have a conversation with you, but you say the same things over and over again with no interest in providing a counter argument. You keep saying he's chucking the ball 50 times a game, but he hasn't once hit 50 times in a game (46, 31, 45). His yards per attempt you say is bad, yet he's at 20th in the league with a crappy offensive line, no time to throw, and no running game to help him out. You say he can't throw the long ball, yet if you watch the games they point out that he's in the top 3 in the league with 20+ yard passes with 15 so far in 3 games. Luck's QBR is 2nd in the league. He has multiple 2 minute drives in all 3 games where we've either scored or gotten into position for scoring. He has multiple times avoided numerous sacks and used his athleticism to get a first down. Meanwhile, your boy RG3 is getting pummeled every game and he is way more likely to get injured than Luck is. All of your arguments are ridiculous and predicated on some ridiculous hatred of an owner who has proven that he's a fun guy and wants to win. If you want to have a conversation, fine, but don't keep saying the same thing over and over again and expect people to take you seriously.
    Ol Blu, I want you to respond to this and other posts in this thread. You make the same arguments in every thread when it suits you and ignore the facts when presented to you. And then you claim you use the "facts" to prove your point.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  31. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ol Blu, I want you to respond to this and other posts in this thread. You make the same arguments in every thread when it suits you and ignore the facts when presented to you. And then you claim you use the "facts" to prove your point.
    50 was meant as an example. 46 and 45 are close to 50 and I think he will keep chucking it at that rate or higher. He should get 300 yards per game throwing it that much. I don't have any problem with his passes of 20 and 30 yards. What I see is that when he cranks it up to 40 or a big more, the ball floats and doesn't come down and the receiver has to wait on it. Jenning in Chicago (Luck certainly made him look like a star) took advantage of this and made interceptions. The Vikings defender evidently didn't see the film on this because Luck did the same thing on a 40 yd + pass and the defender stumbled giving our receiver the chance to stand still and wait for the ball to get to him. That should have been intercepted and if it had been, the Colts would 0-3 right now. RGIII was just named the offensive rookie of the month. What other rookie QB has come out and gotten a 100+ QB rating in his first four games? RGIII has always been a runner and is used to taking the punishment. Luck is not. You may not like it but after four games, RGIII is a superstar ala Cam Newton and Luck is just running for his life every game. I think Luck will take a terrible beating in the game with Green Bay, even worse that what happened in Chicago. I hope I am wrong but I am sure that I am not.....

  32. #172

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50 was meant as an example. 46 and 45 are close to 50 and I think he will keep chucking it at that rate or higher. He should get 300 yards per game throwing it that much. I don't have any problem with his passes of 20 and 30 yards. What I see is that when he cranks it up to 40 or a big more, the ball floats and doesn't come down and the receiver has to wait on it. Jenning in Chicago (Luck certainly made him look like a star) took advantage of this and made interceptions. The Vikings defender evidently didn't see the film on this because Luck did the same thing on a 40 yd + pass and the defender stumbled giving our receiver the chance to stand still and wait for the ball to get to him. That should have been intercepted and if it had been, the Colts would 0-3 right now. RGIII was just named the offensive rookie of the month. What other rookie QB has come out and gotten a 100+ QB rating in his first four games? RGIII has always been a runner and is used to taking the punishment. Luck is not. You may not like it but after four games, RGIII is a superstar ala Cam Newton and Luck is just running for his life every game. I think Luck will take a terrible beating in the game with Green Bay, even worse that what happened in Chicago. I hope I am wrong but I am sure that I am not.....
    He also threw 31 times in the 3rd game, so there's no guarantee that he'll do that. Our running game sucks so it's possible he'll throw around 40 times a game, but you look at all the other big QBs in the league and they are doing the same thing. I don't think there's a problem throwing that much, as I feel that gives Luck an opportunity to learn as much as possible. I really don't see your floating issue, and I don't see any other expert saying he has a problem floating the ball. I think we all agree Luck didn't throw the ball great the first game, but you have to keep in mind that was his first game. You can't make judgments on his game (or his long ball since you're so interested in that) based on 1-2 games early in his career. Your argument of the Vikings defender is poor. Just because you think there is some perceived floating issue doesn't mean others think that. The defender stumbled because the receiver made a good move/the defender sucks. I just watched that video. That ball was just fine and did not "float". It went right to the receiver and was well placed.

    RG3 has played well, no one is disagreeing with you there. But just because your boy is playing well doesn't mean a thing. Cam Newton was great last year and has been terrible this year. Playing 4 games is not a prognostic indicator of future career. You may not like it, but RG3 is getting hammered because he runs the ball so much. As I've told you multiple times, he is way more likely to get hurt than Luck is. Just because he is used to being a runner doesn't mean he can get away with it in the NFL. He might have been fine in college, but in the NFL the teams and defenders will be looking to punish him, and RG3 doesn't exactly have a strong frame body. He is definitely more likely to get hurt. Luck, on the other hand, has not been hit nearly as much and avoids getting hit really well. If you watch the highlights of the games, he avoids pressure really well.

    And you use 100+ Qb rating for RG3, but Luck's QBR is number one in the league. Just saying.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  33. #173
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Luck is outstanding at avoiding sacks, and a damn good runner as well. Ask Jared Allen, whom Luck made look foolish. And Andrew Luck is already arguably better than Cam Newton. Just admit it, you haven't even seen Luck play
    David "And One" West

  34. #174
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,419

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    The plays Wash has ran for RG3 seem more simple, most of those throws are fairly low-risk and often to wide-open receivers, he's not having to make a ton of reads. He has a running game, so opposing defenses can't key on just him like they do Luck. He's had better protection (if not much) than Luck so he's had more time to make his reads and step into his throws.

    I'll admit he's protected the ball well... but it's a really simple offense. He hasn't really been forced to make any crazy throws. He's not carrying his offense like Luck has to. He did get them down the field in the last game, but Luck has done that already, too.

    He's not looked bad by any means, but I do think he's gettin a lot more credit that he probly has actually earned. The two areas he was sposed to exceed Luck was mobility and deep throws --- he's actually behind LUck on deep completions and also has taken more sacks. He does have more rushing yards, but that's because Wash runs designed plays for him, lol... He's played in 1 more game and has 1 less touchdown.

    He's played 4 of the worst defenses in the league and has yet to face a top-15 defense. The worst D Indy has faced (Jax) is almost as good as the *best* defense the 'Skins have faced. The only quality defense the 'Skins have played (and I say this tongue in cheek) is the Rams (who are middle of the pack at best) and the 'Skins lost that game. The rest of those teams are just awful, horrible defenses. Meanwhile, Indy has played only 3 games, and has played two 3-1 teams, and beat one of them, and should've won another against the Jags. Chicago and the Vikes are all top-10 defenses and both are 3-1 teams. The Vikes' only loss this year is to Indy.

    I think in due time RG3 will be exposed a lil bit, but he'll always have that excitement about him and he is a decent player so he'll have success. I do see why Luck has such a high QBR though, I've seen mostly high quality play from him and a large dependency on him by his team, as compared to say RG3, who can really hand it off and not be expected to carry his offense as much.

    I did read a stat today that Luck has a poor completion rate 10-yards or less... but then I think back to all those dropped dump passes, namely by D. Brown... it doesn't seem like Luck has missed all that many when watching the games, so was surprised to see that stat. I wonder if they include throwaways?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  35. #175
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,014

    Default Re: Luck so far

    I have noticed the longer passes hanging up on Luck... Not sure if I'm just hyper sensitive to it because Ol Blu has mentioned it so much, or if it happens a little too much to ignore....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  2. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  3. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Good Luck Al
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
  5. 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •