Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 600

Thread: Luck so far

  1. #126
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    You're a troll and nothing more. You have no interest in rooting for the Colts or even looking at them objectively, you're not providing some enlightening counter-point wisdom to us "Kool-Aid drinkers", you're only here to rile people up with absurd comments. I don't care how long you've been rooting for them; you're no longer a fan.

    You took a month off, and you jump right back in with the exact same bullcrap, you haven't learned a thing.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  3. #127

    Default Re: Luck so far

    It's one thing to argue if you have an argument, but all you are doing is arguing for the sake of getting a rise out of people. We've tried to have a conversation with you, but you say the same things over and over again with no interest in providing a counter argument. You keep saying he's chucking the ball 50 times a game, but he hasn't once hit 50 times in a game (46, 31, 45). His yards per attempt you say is bad, yet he's at 20th in the league with a crappy offensive line, no time to throw, and no running game to help him out. You say he can't throw the long ball, yet if you watch the games they point out that he's in the top 3 in the league with 20+ yard passes with 15 so far in 3 games. Luck's QBR is 2nd in the league. He has multiple 2 minute drives in all 3 games where we've either scored or gotten into position for scoring. He has multiple times avoided numerous sacks and used his athleticism to get a first down. Meanwhile, your boy RG3 is getting pummeled every game and he is way more likely to get injured than Luck is. All of your arguments are ridiculous and predicated on some ridiculous hatred of an owner who has proven that he's a fun guy and wants to win. If you want to have a conversation, fine, but don't keep saying the same thing over and over again and expect people to take you seriously.
    Last edited by Suaveness; 09-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're a troll and nothing more. You have no interest in rooting for the Colts or even looking at them objectively, you're not providing some enlightening counter-point wisdom to us "Kool-Aid drinkers", you're only here to rile people up with absurd comments. I don't care how long you've been rooting for them; you're no longer a fan.

    You took a month off, and you jump right back in with the exact same bullcrap, you haven't learned a thing.
    Well, that is true. Nothing has changed.... That is what I have been saying..... ... When Green Bay pounds the daylights out of the Colts, will you change your tune? No, you will say that even though Luck was sacked four times, intercepted three times and rushed countless times, he looked really, really good.... Watch the damn game and comment on that.... ...

  6. #129
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that is true. Nothing has changed.... That is what I have been saying..... ... When Green Bay pounds the daylights out of the Colts, will you change your tune? No, you will say that even though Luck was sacked four times, intercepted three times and rushed countless times, he looked really, really good.... Watch the damn game and comment on that.... ...
    This is the thing. If he played that poorly, I don't think anyone will say he played great (although sacks and hurries aren't his fault) some on here do tend to see the positive when he doesn't play well (bears game) but aside from that game he's played well.

    You call Griffin a superstar yet with a better defense and running game, he has the same record as Luck. In your eyes, Luck hasn't played well and we won't win another game this season, and that's just not true. Idc who you are, any rookie that passes for over 3,000 yards (on pace for 4,000 mind you) you're doing something right.

    You say he throws 50 times a game, but what else can we do to move the ball if you don't have a running game? He's not throwing the ball anymore than most good QB's in the league.

    I've gone on record saying I think Griffin is playing better than Luck, but nobody bashes me because I utilize facts and different counter arguments. If you don't like the name calling and the hostility, maybe you should try to do the same.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  8. #130
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's one thing to argue if you have an argument, but all you are doing is arguing for the sake of getting a rise out of people. We've tried to have a conversation with you, but you say the same things over and over again with no interest in providing a counter argument. You keep saying he's chucking the ball 50 times a game, but he hasn't once hit 50 times in a game (46, 31, 45). His yards per attempt you say is bad, yet he's at 20th in the league with a crappy offensive line, no time to throw, and no running game to help him out. You say he can't throw the long ball, yet if you watch the games they point out that he's in the top 3 in the league with 20+ yard passes with 15 so far in 3 games. Luck's QBR is 2nd in the league. He has multiple 2 minute drives in all 3 games where we've either scored or gotten into position for scoring. He has multiple times avoided numerous sacks and used his athleticism to get a first down. Meanwhile, your boy RG3 is getting pummeled every game and he is way more likely to get injured than Luck is. All of your arguments are ridiculous and predicated on some ridiculous hatred of an owner who has proven that he's a fun guy and wants to win. If you want to have a conversation, fine, but don't keep saying the same thing over and over again and expect people to take you seriously.
    Good post, Suaveness --- too bad it will have no effect on OlBlu. Because he's not really a Colts fan, he's just a troll.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  10. #131
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yees, he throws those dink passes very well. He is going to have lots of yards, he is chucking it 50 times a game or so.... How about yards per attempt? I don't have to go to the Arena League to see a good long pass, all I have to do is tune in to RGIII...... ...
    Luck has a better arm than RG3
    "We want Miami"

  11. #132
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that is true. Nothing has changed.... That is what I have been saying..... ... When Green Bay pounds the daylights out of the Colts, will you change your tune? No, you will say that even though Luck was sacked four times, intercepted three times and rushed countless times, he looked really, really good.... Watch the damn game and comment on that.... ...
    Why dont you. Everything you say has nothing to do with what has happened in the games
    "We want Miami"

  12. #133
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that is true. Nothing has changed.... That is what I have been saying..... ... When Green Bay pounds the daylights out of the Colts, will you change your tune? No, you will say that even though Luck was sacked four times, intercepted three times and rushed countless times, he looked really, really good.... Watch the damn game and comment on that.... ...
    Didn't even quote me right. I didn't say "nothing has changed". I said you haven't learned. So basically you're admitting that you don't learn, but we already know that based on the extremely low level of intellect exhibited by your posts.

    And Green Bay should pound the daylights out of the Colts --- they're a better team. They have a veteran quarterback and a champion-ship level roster. We're rebuilding. Duh.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. #134
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck has a better arm than RG3
    This is just false.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  15. #135
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is just false.
    RG3 can't throw it 70 yards. Luck can
    "We want Miami"

  16. #136

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't even quote me right. I didn't say "nothing has changed". I said you haven't learned. So basically you're admitting that you don't learn, but we already know that based on the extremely low level of intellect exhibited by your posts.

    And Green Bay should pound the daylights out of the Colts --- they're a better team. They have a veteran quarterback and a champion-ship level roster. We're rebuilding. Duh.
    Green Bay will NOT pound the Colts. This will be a very competitive game. Not going to predict a Colts win though it will not surprise me. Colts should move the ball on GB easily.

  17. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is just false.
    I guess there has to be a Yin-Yang you know. Coop on one side and Blu on the other.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #138
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess there has to be a Yin-Yang you know. Coop on one side and Blu on the other.
    Lol it'd be different if this were able to be debatable. But to each their own....

  19. #139
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green Bay will NOT pound the Colts. This will be a very competitive game. Not going to predict a Colts win though it will not surprise me. Colts should move the ball on GB easily.
    They SHOULD pound the colts. If they do not, then GB has some SERIOUS issues. They should win by at least 2 touchdowns. AT LEAST

  20. #140
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Yea, GB has the tools to make it ugly, we might keep it interesting, but we're going to have our issues. My post was mainly to Blu, since he thinks he's some sorta genius for predicting the Packers are gonna do this and that to the Colts. GB is the better team, they're favored to win, they're comin off Russell Wilson's game-winning interception and will take it out on the NFL for at least 6 weeks.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-28-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  22. #141

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Are you still there, travmil?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  24. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RG3 can't throw it 70 yards. Luck can
    Seriously? This is absurd as the O.B. comments as of late.

    And I hate to do this, but like others said above who can throw it 70 and 80 yards is over-rated. I would rather have accurate then rocket arm, though I did/do love Farve and Big Ben (his game, not him as a person)

    I would ask if I can bump this when RG3 throws a 80 or 90 yard bomb, but frankly I hope he doesnt any time soon. I would rather we calm down and start running the ball more (not the tripple option)

    I would also like for the crazy, redundant RG3 and Luck comparisons to cease. Then again, I want to poop out fairs and lolli pops, and to not have to pay taxes and live in a mansion with a giant pool on the roof.....

  25. #143

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also like for the crazy, redundant RG3 and Luck comparisons to cease. Then again, I want to poop out fairs and lolli pops, and to not have to pay taxes and live in a mansion with a giant pool on the roof.....
    The comparisions won't stop since a lot of Colts fans would have rathered held on to Manning and picked up RG3 and a few draft picks.

    Never mind the salary cap and never mind the fact that Manning is not the same Manning as we use to know.

    Some Colts fans just refuse to get it so why try. I am glad RG3 is doing well but its sad to see coaches use him the way they are just to hold on to their jobs.

  26. #144
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? This is absurd as the O.B. comments as of late.

    And I hate to do this, but like others said above who can throw it 70 and 80 yards is over-rated. I would rather have accurate then rocket arm, though I did/do love Farve and Big Ben (his game, not him as a person)

    I would ask if I can bump this when RG3 throws a 80 or 90 yard bomb, but frankly I hope he doesnt any time soon. I would rather we calm down and start running the ball more (not the tripple option)

    I would also like for the crazy, redundant RG3 and Luck comparisons to cease. Then again, I want to poop out fairs and lolli pops, and to not have to pay taxes and live in a mansion with a giant pool on the roof.....

    Luck has better arm strength and accuracy than RG3.
    "We want Miami"

  27. #145
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? This is absurd as the O.B. comments as of late.

    And I hate to do this, but like others said above who can throw it 70 and 80 yards is over-rated. I would rather have accurate then rocket arm, though I did/do love Farve and Big Ben (his game, not him as a person)

    I would ask if I can bump this when RG3 throws a 80 or 90 yard bomb, but frankly I hope he doesnt any time soon. I would rather we calm down and start running the ball more (not the tripple option)

    I would also like for the crazy, redundant RG3 and Luck comparisons to cease. Then again, I want to poop out fairs and lolli pops, and to not have to pay taxes and live in a mansion with a giant pool on the roof.....
    1. 30 pass att/game isnt a lot, especially in this day and age where some QB's have close to 25-30 att in the first half. Plus at nearly 200 yards a game, I think you guys are running the ball pretty well. Now I agree 100%, they need to stop with the triple option and with the QB draws before they get RG3 killed.
    2. People are ALWAYS going to compare these two, no matter what happens. It's just like the way that the Brady vs Manning debate always came up. The fact that we had a chance to draft RGIII gives colts fans some extra incentive to be interested in his progression in comparison to Luck. It's just natural as a sports fan, and a human.

    Also, I'm with you on the lack of taxes and living in a mansion...buuut idk about pooping out fairs and lolli pops. Lol

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  29. #146
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck has better arm strength and accuracy than RG3.
    You got 1 out of 2, anyway.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  31. #147
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    The notion that Luck doesn't have arm strength needs to be put to rest. He threw a 70 yard bomb to the end zone at the request of the scouts who attended his pro day.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...rdinal-pro-day

    Luck completed 46 of 50 passes, and three of those incompletions were drops by his receivers, including a perfect 70-yard-plus spiral that Chris Owusu mishandled in the end zone. It was the final pass of the day, requested by scouts to test Luck's arm strength, which might be about the only thing some have questioned.

    "Maybe arm strength isn't his weakness after all," joked tight end Coby Fleener,

    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

    This is a FACT not an opinion. Witnessed by hundreds of people in attendance and reported by ESPN (so you KNOW it must be true...)


    BTW, Luck chose to throw INTO the wind at his pro day. That's also a FACT covered in the article. This means that Luck threw a ball from his own 30-35 yard line to the end zone into the wind. Can we please stop bagging on Luck's arm now?
    Last edited by travmil; 09-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  33. #148
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Unbelievable that olblu has the nerve to criticize Luck when RGIII has the same 1-2 record even with a much better surrounding cast. Why can't RGIII figure out how to get rid of the football? Taking SIX sacks against the Bengals is inexcusable. You would never see Luck put himself in a position to hurt his team in that way.

    Luck has played well enough to give the Colts a 2-1 record. It's not his fault that Vinatieri misses easy FGs or that his defense gave up an 80 yard TD in the final minute of the game.

    If the Colts do lose to Green Bay, it won't be because of Luck. It'll be because the defense can't stop the Packers' offense and the offensive line can't block Clay Matthews. RGIII would be a human pinata if he went against the Packers.

  34. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The notion that Luck doesn't have arm strength needs to be put to rest. He threw a 70 yard bomb to the end zone at the request of the scouts who attended his pro day.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...rdinal-pro-day

    Luck completed 46 of 50 passes, and three of those incompletions were drops by his receivers, including a perfect 70-yard-plus spiral that Chris Owusu mishandled in the end zone. It was the final pass of the day, requested by scouts to test Luck's arm strength, which might be about the only thing some have questioned.

    "Maybe arm strength isn't his weakness after all," joked tight end Coby Fleener,

    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

    This is a FACT not an opinion. Witnessed by hundreds of people in attendance and reported by ESPN (so you KNOW it must be true...)


    BTW, Luck chose to throw INTO the wind at his pro day. That's also a FACT covered in the article. This means that Luck threw a ball from his own 30-35 yard line to the end zone into the wind. Can we please stop bagging on Luck's arm now?
    Oh, Luck can throw it a long way but it hangs up and floats at the end.... We will stop talking about Luck's arm when he makes a pass that shows that he has one. I agree with Parcells and Sims that he can't make a real NFL QB throw. But, don't worry, Chad Pennington won quite a few games with that kind of arm..... ...

  35. #150
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yees, he throws those dink passes very well. He is going to have lots of yards, he is chucking it 50 times a game or so.... How about yards per attempt? I don't have to go to the Arena League to see a good long pass, all I have to do is tune in to RGIII...... ...
    Yet the Colts are near the top of the league in long passing completions. If you want to see a QB more concerned with being in Subway commercials and getting sacked six times a game, tune in to RGIII.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  2. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  3. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Good Luck Al
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
  5. 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •