Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Luck so far

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

Lol this has definitely gotten out of hand.

Between this and the Luck vs Griffin thread, these HAVE to be thread's of the year!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Your minority view is crammed down our throats every day, multiple times. It's not exactly what you say, although it does have a large part of it. It's how you go about it. You come onto a Colts forum and spew anti-Colts sentiment, and then wonder why everyone gets offended. that's just common sense man. You might as well go to the bear exhibit at the zoo and scream "BEARS SUCK" right in their face for 8 hours a day every day, and expect the bears not to react, and act like the bears are stupid for disagreeing with your opinion that bears sucks.

There's no logical reason for that, which leads us to believe you just enjoy conflict. And all we're here to do is talk positively about our favorite team.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol this has definitely gotten out of hand.

Between this and the Luck vs Griffin thread, these HAVE to be thread's of the year!
    Well, lets get it back in hand. I don't mind someone disagreeing with me or even being very adament about it. I do take exception to name calling and I try my best not to participate in that. I have acknowledged that Luck played great and it was a wonderful win and the team is doing much better than most folks would have expected... But, some folks won't be satisfied unless they see blood..... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 11-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Your minority view is crammed down our throats every day, multiple times. It's not exactly what you say, although it does have a large part of it. It's how you go about it. You come onto a Colts forum and spew anti-Colts sentiment, and then wonder why everyone gets offended. that's just common sense man. You might as well go to the bear exhibit at the zoo and scream "BEARS SUCK" right in their face for 8 hours a day every day, and expect the bear not to react, and act like the bear is stupid for disagreeing with your opinion that bears sucks.

There's no logical reason for that, which leads us to believe you just enjoy conflict. And all we're here to do is talk positively about our favorite team.

Then you should change the name of the forum to "The Positive Pacers Digest". I respect it when you want to talk positively about your favorite team. They are my favorite team too but I am disenchanted with then and I don't see everything as being just wonderful all of the time.... I think I get to say that too without everyone wanting to kill my first born child (no, I don't really have any children) for saying it. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me but when they start calling names, they stop over the line of being civil. I try my best not to do that no matter how bad the attack really is. I think you can see a difference between my thoughts about the Pacers and what I say about the Colts....... ... In reality, I am very easy to get along with....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Then you should change the name of the forum to "The Positive Pacers Digest"..... I don't see everything as being just wonderful all of the time....
    Rrrright, because without you, every single post about the Colts and Luck is about how perfect they are. Lol

Luck so far: Sitting comfortably in 4th for Total QBR. Not too shabby for a rookie playing in such unprecedented circumstances.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Then you should change the name of the forum to "The Positive Pacers Digest". I respect it when you want to talk positively about your favorite team. They are my favorite team too but I am disenchanted with then and I don't see everything as being just wonderful all of the time.... I think I get to say that too without everyone wanting to kill my first born child (no, I don't really have any children) for saying it. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me but when they start calling names, they stop over the line of being civil. I try my best not to do that no matter how bad the attack really is. I think you can see a difference between my thoughts about the Pacers and what I say about the Colts....... ... In reality, I am very easy to get along with....
    It's just how you do things, Blu, you don't go up to a hornets nest 25 times a day and beat it with a stick. We hornets don't believe we're perfect, most of us predicted a rocky 6-10 season. But we also don't enjoy being beat with a stick 25 times a day. You need to reduce your beatings... maybe to a respectable once/twice per day. We already know how you feel about it, so re-stating it 25 times a day isn't doing anything productive.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-05-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I'll just simply say it more politely this time, I'm out of here.

We'll call it .... losing respect for the people running the site, as the reason. This has gotten, and been out of hand for a while. I waited, and waited for something to be done, and nothing. Between Travmil and I they've now lost 2 people who were serious contributors to the site. Hope it was worth it.

To the rest of you, good luck in the future. I hope this gets fixed, but I won't be around to see it. Enjoy.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

JMV a moment ago: "If you're not on board with Andrew Luck now, you're just a sour a-hole." lol

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Well I'll just simply say it more politely this time, I'm out of here.

We'll call it .... losing respect for the people running the site, as the reason. This has gotten, and been out of hand for a while. I waited, and waited for something to be done, and nothing. Between Travmil and I they've now lost 2 people who were serious contributors to the site. Hope it was worth it.

To the rest of you, good luck in the future. I hope this gets fixed, but I won't be around to see it. Enjoy.
    Well they can't say they didn't see this coming.

Here's a telling statistic: between Travmil and xBulletproof saying adios to this site, PD just lost 10,656 posts/contributions to this board.

But hey, when you got a kid in the backseat constantly yelling, "ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET?," I'm sure the only suitable response to them is to ignore them. I guess sometimes that would work but when it doesn't, it sure is annoying for everyone else that's along for the ride.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    JMV a moment ago: "If you're not on board with Andrew Luck now, you're just a sour a-hole." lol
    Then just call me SAH...... ... ...

Wait a minute... I thought you said not to call you names?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Wait a minute... I thought you said not to call you names?
    I think he was making a little joke. I just jumped in. I noticed that LOL and I didn't think he was being serious. Oh, he was probably serious a little bit but I found it humorous.... Didn't you? ...

I'm pretty sure JMV was being serious.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Let me give you some other statistics:
    This board has been around longer than you.
    It has approximately 78000 Threads and over 1,500,000 posts
    That's not counting the 250,000.we lost due to a fire.

18,000 ppl have at some stage been a member here and about 900 are currently active.we run this board, not a lynch mob

I can bother you with hits etc but let's not go there, I'm sure you get the picture;
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    There was a idiot who called in last week blasting Luck saying among other imagined things that he had a poor attitude. Said idiot got roasted rest of the show in rather hilarious fashion. For a split second, I wondered if we knew who the caller was....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    There was a idiot who called in last week blasting Luck saying among other imagined things that he had a poor attitude. Said idiot got roasted rest of the show in rather hilarious fashion. For a split second, I wondered if we knew who the caller was....
    It wasn't me. I see nothing wrong with his attitude and I have never said that..... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Fine. It was still funny...... ...

4,404 yards, 13 TD's, led a team that was expected to be 4-12 for the year to 5-3, Rookie of the year written all over it, ESPN is even starting to notice Luck is the better rookie than RGIII

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Let me give you some other statistics:
    This board has been around longer than you.
    It has approximately 78000 Threads and over 1,500,000 posts
    That's not counting the 250,000.we lost due to a fire.

18,000 ppl have at some stage been a member here and about 900 are currently active.we run this board, not a lynch mob

I can bother you with hits etc but let's not go there, I'm sure you get the picture;
    Yeah, you're right, PD has been around for quite some time. But the problem with your statistics is that they don't provide any insight or snapshot into the current state of the Colts forum. My stats tell you that you just lost 2 posters that have contributed over 10,000 times on this board. Common sense and the ability to read show the severe lack of quality of discussion in the Colts forum.

I would love to be bothered with the weekly hit count and post count of the past couple months or so, specifically for the Colts forum. That would definitely help me get the picture. But if you're not that interested in developing the Colts forum into what the Pacers forum has become, then I completely understand that. Heck, just looking at it now, there are 98 viewers of the Pacers forum, and 35 for the Colts. After the game the Colts just had? Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Heck, just looking at it now, there are 98 viewers of the Pacers forum, and 35 for the Colts. After the game the Colts just had? Why is that?
    Because there are a number of very strong Colts only forums out there. Lets face it, in here this is just a carnival side attraction (and not complaining guys/gals).
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Yeah, you're right, PD has been around for quite some time. But the problem with your statistics is that they don't provide any insight or snapshot into the current state of the Colts forum. My stats tell you that you just lost 2 posters that have contributed over 10,000 times on this board. Common sense and the ability to read show the severe lack of quality of discussion in the Colts forum.

I would love to be bothered with the weekly hit count and post count of the past couple months or so, specifically for the Colts forum. That would definitely help me get the picture. But if you're not that interested in developing the Colts forum into what the Pacers forum has become, then I completely understand that. Heck, just looking at it now, there are 98 viewers of the Pacers forum, and 35 for the Colts. After the game the Colts just had? Why is that?
    But, you gained me with 2500+ posts to make up for that and a whole bunch of new, interesting viewpoints..... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Because there are a number of very strong Colts only forums out there. Lets face it, in here this is just a carnival side attraction (and not complaining guys/gals).
    You're absolutely right about that. I just assume the goal of those running this site is to build up the Colts forum just like it has with the Pacers. If not I stand corrected and by all means keep on at it.

But, you gained me with 2500+ posts to make up for that and a whole bunch of new, interesting viewpoints..... ... ...
    What do you think your split of 2500 posts is Colts related, Pacers related, and other?

The avg on pacers board is 189 and colts 19
    Fact of life, it used to be 3
    It is also the reason things got to fester so long, we took notice to late and the Lynch mob was alreadyvoting, not completely understanding what the chain if command is here.

It ends now. Penalties are given indiscriminately to everyone that breaks our rules, if that causes you to leave, then pls mind the door closing.if we keep it civil you find the admins nice guys in general.

Oh and don't call s stupid. That's not a good way to get along
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Just gonna say this

OlBlu's attitude when he first started posting on the Colts board sucked, I think even he would admit that now. Whether it was saying he was waiting on Irsay to die or saying that Luck would be taken off on a stretcher as Clay Matthews glowered at him, I think even Blu would admit these were in poor taste and riled the board up against him. Honestly, I think he's been much better for the past week or so, I can only assume that maybe he realized he was being extremely abrasive when it wasn't necessary, but I also cannot be surrpised that he riled so many up against him. I mean I was about ready to nuke my account a couple weeks ago over the way he was acting. Which, yes IMO, was very inflammatory, but I do think he has calmed down, but it has caused at least two good posters to leave and has just caused a general uneasiness to the board. Whether it be between members and admins or members and members. Not sure how to fix it really.

I can say that I think the constant calling for him to be banned or punished in public was a terrible move. Communication should have and probably still should be done in private. But whatever I think it's too far gone at this point. Blu has gotten more reasonable over the past couple weeks IMO, but he was so combative early on I am not surprised that a lot cannot turn the other cheek.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: