Thread: Luck so far

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha I admit I'm trolling you, but not the entire board. That's the difference. Go back and prove each of my bullets points in post #415 if you're not lying or trolling. But see, we've been down that road and you can't or won't.

Carry on...
    I have, you just won't accept the proof.... I did the same thing for the offshore betting but I think the mods cracked down on his "dumbass" comments. He is very quiet now. If you admit you are a troll, they should just ban you and be done with it but that is just me..... I may have an opinion but I let the mods be the mods and I try to follow their guidelines....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Travmil's sig explained very well why you should be banned. It's a set of rules you're breaking.

If you're aware you're doing it, you're a troll. If you're not aware you're just the dumbest human being on earth. Either way, nobody should have to be subjected to such stupidity.
    Wow, this is getting good. Dumbest human being on earth and stupid. Nothing I have said is stupid at all and I back it up with stats and facts. You just don't like what I try to show you..... Am I off of ignore now?

The reason for mod intervention is that every thread disintegrates into conflict and nastiness and never progresses to any kind of meaningful discussion.

So mods while you clearly can't see an overt violation of the rules the spirit of this board is violated with every thread pertaining to the colts. If you let this continue you may as well kiss the Colt board goodbye. You seem to be confused as to how to handle this because you can't be pleased with this board as it is.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Green Bay is not a good defense. I had them in fantasy league and quickly dumped them. They are a bit better than last year but that is the biggest problem Green Bay has, the defense. Chicago is a good defense and you saw how they ate Luck up. I think RGIII would have better stats than Luck no matter how often they throw it because he adds a different dimension with his ability to run and he is just a more accurate passer with a much stronger arm than Luck. QBR is a ******** stat that is the only one you can find that ranks Luck high. I have seen no one but ESPN use it and announcers and television analysts do not use it. You have to be a top three QB once to be there for a long time. Luck has to be a top 25 QB first. RGIII is already in the top five. Yes, Washington has the much better team and they play in a tough division. I don't regret the Colts choice. I wouldn't want to have to see RGIII play behind that miserable line knowing it will take years to get better. Luck is not the choice that I regret. Bad franchises and the Colts are a bad franchise except for the Peyton years, always break down the team to rebuild. Good franchise just don't do that. They may come down a little for a year or two and then they are right back chasing a Super Bowl. Teams like New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Baltimore stay close to the top all of the time. The reason is management. The Giants always tend to field a good team. The Colts are a mess right now and it is going to be years to rebuild it. By the time they get a defense and a line and replace the 25 or so players they need to replace, Luck will be long gone from the scene (and so will I) to be replaced by the next "sure thing".
    Green Bay Packers: 13th in yards allowed and first in sacks.

Maybe you're confusing last year with this year. Their scoring defense is 18th, but by most metrics this is at least a decent defense.

The Bears are the number one defense, and Luck moved the ball pretty well on them. Not just a "good" defense, but number one. Yes, he threw a few picks, and I'm okay with that. Growing pains and all.

And before you dismiss QBR, maybe you should learn what it is. To me it is a far more complete evaluation than the traditional NFL passer rating, which itself has taken much criticism over the years.

The accuracy issues, as addressed before, mostly result from the play-calling. Yes, I see Luck throw balls too high, but that is easily corrected. He plays in a vertical offense, and RGIII does not. I won't call RGIII a dinker-and-dunker, but then again Brady has been accused of the same, and everyone knows how great he is. Different ways to move the ball. I do, however, expect Luck to drastically improve in the redzone.

You don't even acknowledge the undeniably *good* things about Luck, like the incredible clutchness, his *own* athleticism, and the fact the kid perseveres and never hangs his head despite playing behind probably the worst offensive line in the NFL, with a defense to challenge the o-line's own lack of talent. Instead you compare him to someone as negatively remembered as Jeff George. First of all, there is zero comparison -- that is just as asinine as it gets and reeks of some kind of grudge against the kid, who is by all accounts a standout character. And you "wonder" why people are upset.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Wow, this is getting good. Dumbest human being on earth and stupid. Nothing I have said is stupid at all and I back it up with stats and facts. You just don't like what I try to show you..... Am I off of ignore now?
    Lol, but mostly with outright lies and opinions. You haven't proven any of your many lies, you only try to dance around them.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Lol, but mostly with outright lies and opinions. You haven't proven any of your many lies, you only try to dance around them.
    No, I didn't dance around them at all. I posted proof for all. I can't help it if you are reading challenged....

I find it funny that somehow all of us are wrong and he is somehow the only one who is right on this subject. The odds aren't really in his favor. But of course, we are all Luck homers (that's his argument, correct?).
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Is everyone getting an infraction or just me?

He's already admitted multiple times that he's only being a complete troll because he doesn't like that Manning is gone and Luck is somehow at fault for enabling that to happen and being his replacement.

Why he has taken it upon himself to harrass the forum is beyond me. No one here had anything to do with Manning not being a Colt anymore.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Is everyone getting an infraction or just me?
    I wouldn't vote for you to get an infraction but I don't break the forum rules in any way. Perhaps the mods just get tired of hearing people complain about me because they don't agree with what I have to say... I am sure some did get infractions because they broke those rules. I don't recall that you ever resorted to calling names like they did.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    He's already admitted multiple times that he's only being a complete troll because he doesn't like that Manning is gone and Luck is somehow at fault for enabling that to happen and being his replacement.

Why he has taken it upon himself to harrass the forum is beyond me. No one here had anything to do with Manning not being a Colt anymore.
    I don't harrass the forum, I just point out management mistakes, in my opinion and some of you decide to take that into name calling. That isn't my fault...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post

I have never once admitted to being any kind of troll and I have denied it many times.... So, that statement is just not true and you should retract it.....

I think you should all be appreciative and amazed by this guy so far; how high of expectations he had coming into this year and how he is meeting every one of them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Find me a single player on a new team who has had a greater impact on that team than Luck. You can't do it. Not even with that guy out in Denver.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A quarter of the way through the season:

That projects over 16 games for 4,832 yards, 28 TD's and 20 INT's. 296 yards rushing and 4 TD's.
    Half season update. Here's his on pace for now:

4,808 yards, 20 TD's, 16 INT's, 56.5% completion percentage, 286 rushing yards and 26 total TD's.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Half season update. Here's his on pace for now:

4,808 yards, 20 TD's, 16 INT's, 56.5% completion percentage, 286 rushing yards and 26 total TD's.
    Which is, needless to say --- ridiculous. He just shredded a very good defense without much help.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So are you guys starting to believe now? I was sort of lambasted 4-5 months ago for some of my "wild" claims about him but like I said then and now, he's beyond special.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

He looked very good, and this game was DEFINITELY a special one for him. But I wouldn't say he didn't have help. The WR's ran good routes and were beating those DB's regularly (not to mention TYs ridiculous catch over two defenders lol)

My biggest issue with him earlier in the season was his completion percentage and his tendency to turn it over a bit. Outside of his fumble today, he's seemed to calm some of those issues. Watching him play, he may never be a super high percentage passer simply bc he likes to go down the field (ala Big Ben)

The game seems to be slowing for Luck right now. And as it does he's starting to show why he was such a hot prospect coming out of college. Hopefully he can keep up his high level of play

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So are you guys starting to believe now? I was sort of lambasted 4-5 months ago for some of my "wild" claims about him but like I said then and now, he's beyond special.
    Hey Cam Newton out up wild numbers last season as a rookie also!!! Lol don't jinx it

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cam did it in his first few games, and then dropped off and has never reached those #s again. See my sig.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

What an amazing game. We have ourselves a future MVP here. His performance and the Pagano speech has convinced me the Colts will make the playoffs.

What Luck is doing this year is unfathomable for a rookie
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

His feats today, with guys draped all over him and still making completions... amazing. His knack for making 3rd down completions was ridiculous. 13 of 19. And they were usually 3rd and LONG... he wasn't making namby-pamby plays, he was making man-passes. He's a rookie....

I'm glad Jim Harbaugh is the guy who got to Luck first. Don't think that gets talked about enough

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    His feats today, with guys draped all over him and still making completions... amazing. His knack for making 3rd down completions was ridiculous. 13 of 19. And they were usually 3rd and LONG... he wasn't making namby-pamby plays, he was making man-passes. He's a rookie....
    I didn't get to see most of the game, so I looked at the play by play and boxscore. He converted on 3rd and 14, 3rd and 16, and 3rd and 20.

I still vividly remember the 3rd and 12 he converted on the game-winning drive against the Packers with Clay Matthews preparing to "send him off on a stretcher."

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to not only realize that we're fully experiencing life after Manning, but to believe that it could possibly be going this well.