Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck so far

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You decide that after five games? What if he misses the last ten? Wait till the season is over to determine that......
    You already decided Luck sucks after 5 games, hell you decided before he ever donned a Colts jersey, so what's the difference? It's no less illogical than your ill-logic.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    No doubt so far that is true. Peyton was much slower to adapt than Luck. I think big part of that is Luck is the better natural athlete. Buys him more time. Peyton was never very mobile so it was either eat the ball or chuck it.
    I agree with that. What remains to be seen is if Luck can run a game anything close to what Peyton did. It will be a few years before we know that. I doubt but I also doubt that about just about any other QB. Certainly I don't think RGIII will ever be able to run a team that way...... Peyton was very tough. Until the neck injury, I think he only missed one snap because of an injury (broken jaw). I am not sure Luck will be that durable or that he would play with an injury like that but no one really knows that until it happens.... What Peyton did that Luck doesn't show was to be very accurate. I have seen Luck throw all over the place. Perhaps this is because of the pressure he is under. It will be a while before all of this plays out. Watch Peyton tonight and they rewatch yesterday's game. There is a big difference between a man and a little boy.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with that. What remains to be seen is if Luck can run a game anything close to what Peyton did. It will be a few years before we know that.
    If you actually knew anything, you'd know that Luck ran out of the no-huddle for 80% of the plays against Packers. He's doing now in his fourth game ever what Peyton didn't do until his 3rd or 4th season. But you will never see that because your mind is so clouded with hate for him.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    You already decided Luck sucks after 5 games, hell you decided before he ever donned a Colts jersey, so what's the difference? It's no less illogical than your ill-logic.
    That isn't true. I doubled him before he was drafted because I listened to people talk about him. I thought RGIII would be better and he is. I also knew the Colts were throwing away a winning tradition to be losers for what I believe will be many years. I don't think Luck sucks. I don't think he is a great player either. I think any QB would have a big problem playing on this team right now. I am against taking almost any view about him other than to say that RGIII is FAR better at just about every phase of the game and RGIII still has the most upside to improve. I'm not sure Luck has that......

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watch Peyton tonight and they rewatch yesterday's game. There is a big difference between a man and a little boy.....
    Why wouldn't a guy with 14 years of experience look better than a guy who's played five games?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That isn't true. I doubled him before he was drafted because I listened to people talk about him. I thought RGIII would be better and he is. I also knew the Colts were throwing away a winning tradition to be losers for what I believe will be many years. I don't think Luck sucks. I don't think he is a great player either. I think any QB would have a big problem playing on this team right now. I am against taking almost any view about him other than to say that RGIII is FAR better at just about every phase of the game and RGIII still has the most upside to improve. I'm not sure Luck has that......
    Nothing different than what the previous guy claimed. So don't ridicule him for it.

Banned
    Mood

If you actually knew anything, you'd know that Luck ran out of the no-huddle for 80% of the plays against Packers. He's doing now in his fourth game ever what Peyton didn't do until his 3rd or 4th season. But you will never see that because your mind is so clouded with hate for him.
    There wasn't that much no huddle played until Manning came along. Luck will never run a no huddle as well as Manning because Peyton has the best mind in football. He ran that against the Packers because he was way behind. How did that do yesterday?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There wasn't that much no huddle played until Manning came along. Luck will never run a no huddle as well as Manning because Peyton has the best mind in football. He ran that against the Packers because he was way behind. How did that do yesterday?
    No rookie is running the no huddle, except Luck. Because generally they can't. Including RG3.

Banned
    Mood

Why wouldn't a guy with 14 years of experience look better than a guy who's played five games?
    Why would a player like RGIII with even less football experience look so much better than Luck so far? The reason is that both RGIII and Peyton are far better players than Luck is right now. I think that will not change much in the coming years. Some of you think he will get much better and be as good as RGIII and Peyton. I just don't see that......

Banned
    Mood

No rookie is running the no huddle, except Luck. Because generally they can't. Including RG3.
    You think Luck runs that huddle? Ha!!!

RGIII, a rookie, followed up his concussion with a great game. He will have many more. Luck will have many more of the Jets type games but that is the difference between the two. The most NFL ready QB every has proven to be mediocre at best and RGIII is a superstar already.... You should have heard the fans here at a restaurant in Washington talking about him today. They are predicting a pro bowl (if they still have it) appearance by him this year. I don't think anyone is talking about Luck in those terms. I didn't like the pick before they made, less after they made it and I have hated it ever since I have watched him struggle.....
    You must have hated watching rookie Peyton Manning. Luck is almost identical to rookie Peyton, though he will likely end up with more wins.

Were you really this hard on Manning when he was a rookie? I seriously doubt it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You think Luck runs that huddle? Ha!!!
    Oh man, you seriously have no clue:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...luck-just-fine

Indianapolis Colts interim coach and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Monday that around 80 percent of the Colts' plays Sunday against the Packers were run out of a no-huddle offense. That number is pretty significant with rookie Andrew Luck at the helm, especially since Arians didn't throw the no-huddle offense at Peyton Manning until Manning's second year in the league.
    "We didn't attempt no-huddle the first year," Arians said, referring to Manning's first year. "We did a lot of check with mes, and gave him two or three options, but not at the line, rolling in a no-huddle situation until the second year. It's something he's been wanting to do. I felt the rest of the guys were more than capable now. We practiced it for four or five weeks. It was time to try it."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would a player like RGIII with even less football experience look so much better than Luck so far? The reason is that both RGIII and Peyton are far better players than Luck is right now. I think that will not change much in the coming years. Some of you think he will get much better and be as good as RGIII and Peyton. I just don't see that......
    He doesn't look better than RG3. He only looks better to little kids who get fired up about 76-yard touchdown runs. Rg3 has more rushing touchdowns than passing touchdowns. All that tells me is that 1) they're designing a bunch of simple run plays for him, and that 2) he's falling back on the run when he's not getting through his reads. What would you do if you wre getting confused in your check-downs? If you were fast, you'd take off running. In other words its "Okay I hiked the ball, and.... dammit not real sure what to do, gonna take off and just wing it." It's not a good sign for the growth of a passer. The knowledgeable fans out there who recognize great football play in the style of Manning are all-eyes on Andrew Luck right now.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-15-2012 at 02:37 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Oh man, you seriously have no clue:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...luck-just-fine
    It is good to know that you believe all of the the team tells you. Not that Irsay or company would ever lie about anything.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh good grief.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am completely happy with Luck's progression.

For a rookie QB that has no running game nor anything that resembles competent pass protection what he has done is really great. He has things to work on, but when we can get him a consistent running threat and some protection his accuracy should go up especially on the long ball.

The guy is all ready running the no huddle and has shown the ability to lead the team down the field when it matters.

The sky is the limit for this guy.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

That's all well and good, but it's not like he's running it extremely well. 53% completion percentage, 9 TO's, 21st ranking in PPG. It's impressive that we can run the no huddle, but if it's not effective nor efficient then what's it matter.

Luck is your typical rookie--very high ups, and very low downs.

He has the potential to be a great player, and really just needs to work on consistency and poise.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I am completely happy with Luck's progression.

For a rookie QB that has no running game nor anything that resembles competent pass protection what he has done is really great. He has things to work on, but when we can get him a consistent running threat and some protection his accuracy should go up especially on the long ball.

The guy is all ready running the no huddle and has shown the ability to lead the team down the field when it matters.

The sky is the limit for this guy.
    There are three rookie QBs rated ahead of Luck and one is right behind him and playing the Colts this weekend and he could pass Luck with a big day. This isn't what you expect from the most overhyped rookie in NFL history who was supposed to be the most "pro ready" QB in the draft. Just think, we could have had Wilson from Seattle, a whole boat load of picks and we could have kept Peyton Manning and been a winning team for the next four to five years with our future QB on the roster. I don't see the sky as the limit for Luck, I think that he has already show that his limit is not very high at all. Who cares that he runs the no huddle when he can barely complete 50% of his passes and his yards look good because he chucks it a lot. Sorry, I would have kept the best QB of his era, taken the picks, developed a very good QB and over ten years, I would be way ahead of where the Colts are and are going to be.......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Luck is your typical rookie--very high ups, and very low downs.

He has the potential to be a great player, and really just needs to work on consistency and poise.
    There are three rookie QBs rated ahead of him that also have the potential to be great players and we could have had one of them and the biggest haul of high draft picks in history to put a team around him and we could have kept Peyton Manning who wanted to finish his career here and been winners for the next few years while that QB develops..... There was your recipe for ultimate success not a purge that is going to get you highly overrated QB ruined or eventually injured because he has no protection. Note, that I did not say that I want that to happen, I just know that eventually it will happen when you get punished like he has been....

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    That's all well and good, but it's not like he's running it extremely well. 53% completion percentage, 9 TO's, 21st ranking in PPG. It's impressive that we can run the no huddle, but if it's not effective nor efficient then what's it matter.
    ITs impressive since he has done it when it actually should be done which is when the game is on the line. Luck hasn't been running the no huddle a lot in all the games and actually Ryan Tannehill runs it more than any rookie QB.

I don't think Manning really wanted to finish his career here. Not once last year was over. Liked to have? Yeah, maybe...sure.... Realized the market and better teams were out there for him? Certainly.

The Colts had one way to get Manning back IMHO- Pick up the option on his contract. He wasn't going to renegotiate IMHO and I think Irsay would've done almost anything to not let Manning walk. But he couldn't mortgage the future for it.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I felt my brain cells committing suicide while reading this.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I felt my brain cells committing suicide while reading this.
    Reading what?

For a rookie QB, Luck looks pretty good. He does run the 'slow' no-huddle well. No question about that. He has a nice understanding of the playbook and what the Colts want to do. But he does have the usual rookie issues with the speed of the NFL game. In time that should go away, but it just takes game play to for the brain to catch up to the confusion on the field and begin to sort it out quickly enough.

A couple of examples of what I'm talking about. In the pocket, Luck tends to pull the ball down and run too quickly or hold on the the ball too long. That ability to judge how long he has to make his decisions is still in the learning phase. Nothing wrong with that, as long as he gets better at some point.

Also, his throws tend to be late and behind the receiver. IMO, that indicates he has to see the opening before he is able to throw to it. He hasn't learned to throw to where the opening is going to be. He lacks that anticipation that veteran QB's have. Again, nothing unusual about that with a rookie. As long as it improves.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post: