Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck so far

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

Luck so far... not just good. Truly magnificent. This kid will be a top-5 quarterback soon. Very soon.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck so far... not just good. Truly magnificent. This kid will be a top-5 quarterback soon. Very soon.
    Where is he now? I mean is there anymore debate that he is the best QB in the division?

I don't know where I'd put him right now if someone put a gun to my head and made me rank QBs, but it'd be tough to not put him top 10 at this moment.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-08-2012 at 12:19 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You guys are not going to get anywhere, but requesting OlBlu to get banned. It plays exactly into his hands. If you want him gone, reply to his posts with thought out sane responses and watch him continue to descend into his own madness. It's much more fun this way anyway.

But to continue to call for his head, you are giving him his best defense. Which is that everyone here is just "against" him, just let it play out, we've seen this 100 times on PD. Yes, I like to play with trolls as much as anyone, but continuing to ask for him to get banned does nothing but tick the admins off and give OlBlu the ammo he needs to defend himself. If you respond to him with logic and thought our responses, no matter how far out of left field his views may be, eventually he will either get bored and tone it down or leave, or he will slip up so much trying to draw attention to himself, that he will get banned. But continually asking for him to be banned is going to accomplish absolutely nothing, that has never been how this board has worked.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Hey, I have admitted that I was wrong about this week. The Colts have already accomplished everything I expected for the season. I think Reggie Wayne had the game of his life. Thanks for understanding that I am not a troll. I don't pick on posters. I am still not sold on Luck and still think the Colts made a ten year mistake on him and when that proves to be wrong, I will certainly step up and admit it. Some folks here just can't stand to hear a word other than how wonderful Luck is and the Colts management is. I still don't believe in either one of them but I am sure happy they won even if it did cost me a fantasy league win. I had the Packers defense. I haven't been happy with that all year but my back up defense is Buffalo and that isn't any better... ...
    A ten year mistake? Please explain to me how this is going to be a ten year mistake. Even if he never gets better than he is right now, he's already a more than serviceable NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Where he is now? I mean is there anymore debate that he is the best QB in the division?

I don't know where I'd put him right now if someone put a gun to my head and made me rank QBs, but it'd be tough to not put him top 10 at this moment.
    He's not better than Schaub... yet, but he will be
    Smothered Chicken!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Hey, I have admitted that I was wrong about this week. The Colts have already accomplished everything I expected for the season. I think Reggie Wayne had the game of his life. Thanks for understanding that I am not a troll. I don't pick on posters. I am still not sold on Luck and still think the Colts made a ten year mistake on him and when that proves to be wrong, I will certainly step up and admit it. Some folks here just can't stand to hear a word other than how wonderful Luck is and the Colts management is. I still don't believe in either one of them but I am sure happy they won even if it did cost me a fantasy league win. I had the Packers defense. I haven't been happy with that all year but my back up defense is Buffalo and that isn't any better... ...
    Ten year mistake? I guess you mean a mistake for every other team in the league since Luck will kick their asses for the next 20 years
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    He's not better than Schaub... yet, but he will be
    I think this is wrong, if Schaub didn't have his running game, Andre Johnson, and an incredibly good defense, people would view Schaub IMO as a Kevin Kolb level QB.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I think this is wrong, if Schaub didn't have his running game, Andre Johnson, and an incredibly good defense, people would view Schaub IMO as a Kevin Kolb level QB.
    yeah i understand. If Peyton didn't have Marivn or Edge, he may not have been as good
    Smothered Chicken!

This quote from Indystar is why Luck is already so smart, great understanding of how a game works and flows.

On third-and-7 at the Packers 14 with 47 seconds remaining, Luck took off. He scrambled up the middle, diving for 7 yards and a first down. Luck described his mad dash as understanding "situational football.""I realized we needed a first," he said.Had he gone into a QB's slide, he likely would have come up short of the sticks."In a crucial situation," Luck said, "you duck your head and get (it). You'd better duck your head. You owe it to your teammates. You owe it to coach Pagano, the coaching staff, the fans, everybody who loves this organization."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...polis%20Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    yeah i understand. If Peyton didn't have Marivn or Edge, he may not have been as good
    I'm not sure what your point is here? Comparing Peyton to Schaub in any way is a big stretch.

You guys are not going to get anywhere, but requesting OlBlu to get banned. It plays exactly into his hands. If you want him gone, reply to his posts with thought out sane responses and watch him continue to descend into his own madness. It's much more fun this way anyway.

But to continue to call for his head, you are giving him his best defense. Which is that everyone here is just "against" him, just let it play out, we've seen this 100 times on PD. Yes, I like to play with trolls as much as anyone, but continuing to ask for him to get banned does nothing but tick the admins off and give OlBlu the ammo he needs to defend himself. If you respond to him with logic and thought our responses, no matter how far out of left field his views may be, eventually he will either get bored and tone it down or leave, or he will slip up so much trying to draw attention to himself, that he will get banned. But continually asking for him to be banned is going to accomplish absolutely nothing, that has never been how this board has worked.
    This, or just plain IGNORE him.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Where he is now? I mean is there anymore debate that he is the best QB in the division?

I'm not sure either but top-10 is certainly possible.

If I had to pick a QB for a game I had to win tomorrow there are only 6 I can definitively say I'd choose before Luck. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, Eli, and Matt Ryan.

Before the preseason I thought this was a 4-12 team. Once I saw Luck, I said they could win 6-7 games simply because in 10 of our games we clearly had the best QB. It may be more than 10.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Rothlisberger are for sure better right now.

Rivers, RGIII, Cutler (on a good day) are at least able to make an argument. Though the last greatly two benefit from having good teams/receivers around them.

Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, and Matt Schaub are hard to gauge due to the talent and depth within their respected teams.

Vick, Romo, Stafford, and Newton, have all had tremendous ups and downs. (You could put Cutler in this group as well) they've all struggled to put up W's at one point or another--some in spite of having talented teams around them.

I think Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Sanchez, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert, Cassel, Palmer, Ponder, Freeman, Kolb, Bradford, and Wilson have easily been surpassed.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 10-08-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Did Luck play miserable in the first half? I don't recall him playing badly.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Did Luck play miserable in the first half? I don't recall him playing badly.
    No. I think he was like 16-26 or something for 156 yards. The colts actually had more yards in the 1st half than the Packers.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Let's put it this way, in the past two years Schaub is 11-3. He has not lead a single game winning comeback in that time period.

He's way better SOONER than I expected, to be quite honest. I expected him to eventually get to where he was yesterday, perhaps a year from now (as a non Colts fan & a dispassionate observer).

The earlier assessment of him being behind only Rodgers, Brady, PManning, EManning, Brees, Ryan, and Rothlisberger is probably accurate. In five years you likely are concerned only with Rogers and Ryan among those, and Luck will get better. RGIII, Shaub, and Dalton (and just maybe, to my astonishment, Tannehill) could be the ones to fend off. Plus Ryan Mallett.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure what your point is here? Comparing Peyton to Schaub in any way is a big stretch.
    I'm not comparing them. Schaub is a top 10 QB. He's good and yes he has help. But he's still good. Peyton is great but he had some help with Marvin and Edge
    Smothered Chicken!

Kevin Kolb has Larry Fitzgerald (every bit as good as Andre Johnson), yet he still sucks. Schaub is much, much better than Kolb.

Schaub is legit. His biggest issue is that he tends to crap his pants in bigger moments. But right now he's probably better than Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This, or just plain IGNORE him.
    YOU CAN'T.

If you don't like my posting about it, just ignore them. See, it doesn't work like that because other people respond to it, the entire topic at hand gets derailed, and the thread no longer has any bearing on what it originally did. I don't give a **** if I am "playing into his hand" or not, it's bull **** that he's even allowed around here.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

It's important to note that the rough Bears game still has a significant impact on Luck's overall statistics. He had a 52.9 passer rating that day. He was 23-45 with 309 yards, 1TD, 3 INT. But let's look at how other QBs have fared against Chicago this season:

Rodgers: 22-32, 1 TD, 1 INT, 219 yards, 85.3 rating

Bradford: 18-35, 0 TD, 2INT, 152 yards, 39.2 rating

Romo: 31-43, 1 TD, 5 INT, 307 yds, 60.1 rating

Gabbert: 17-33, 0TD, 2 INT, 142 yds, 37.7 rating.

So to put it into context, Luck played the very first game of his career on the road against a very solid team that has made life difficult for every QB it has faced this season. The Chicago game still has a significant impact on his stats as there have only been four games. The only QB that has looked OK against Chicago is Rodgers, but even he didn't have a great performance by his standards. Romo, Gabbert, and Bradford all looked awful against Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Kevin Kolb has Larry Fitzgerald (every bit as good as Andre Johnson), yet he still sucks. Schaub is much, much better than Kolb.

Schaub is legit. His biggest issue is that he tends to crap his pants in bigger moments. But right now he's probably better than Luck.
    Running game? Defense? Right now Kevin Kolb's team is 4-1 not a whole lot worse than one Mr. Schaub's.

Running game? Defense? Right now Kevin Kolb's team is 4-1 not a whole lot worse than one Mr. Schaub's.
    Record wise they aren't a whole lot worse. Perception wise--different story. Houston is widely regarded as one of the two best teams in football. Arizona is a feel good story who just got curb stomped by the mighty Rams. Schaub was good before he had a running game. He's been a solid quarterback for years. He's a step below elite, whereas Kolb is a step above atrocious.

Schaub sure gets a lot of credit around here for a guy who has made the playoffs a whopping one time.

Schaub sure gets a lot of credit around here for a guy who has made the playoffs a whopping one time.

And he technically didn't make the playoffs last year. He was placed on IR after week 10.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: