Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 600

Thread: Luck so far

  1. #501
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Olblu has really grown on me. It's hilarious how just one poster can make people actually quit pd. People are way too sensitive. Olblu is our Skip Bayless. Asking mods to ban him is like ESPN firing Skip. Blu is great for ratings!
    David "And One" West

  2. #502
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Last time I checked this was Pacers Digest, not Colts Digest so if they shut this sub-site down, big deal.

    Just my two cents on the subject, however, Andrew Luck is doing a fantastic job for a rookie. Does he still have a lot he needs to improve on? No doubt.

    Was management good on making the decision to replace Manning? Yes. Peyton is doing well in Denver. There isn't any way around that. However, we'd be in the same boat if we would've kept Peyton. The defense and offensive line would still be in the same shape it's in right now with Luck running the offense. The only difference is that Peyton's career is coming towards a close within the next 5 years or so (to be safe). Andrew has who knows how many if he can stay healthy and fit, let alone protected by his line.

    At this point, it's really moot to argue to decision, and even more to argue with the opposition. Let them stew in their anger and leave them alone to be butt hurt. It's their loss if they want to act that way.

    No need to let their bad attitudes ruin our fun and how well the Colts are doing right now. Just enjoy it, people!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  4. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think your split of 2500 posts is Colts related, Pacers related, and other?
    Oh, I am sure it is way heavy on the Colts side. I mostly agree with what managment has done with the Pacers other than their inexperienced coach. I don't say much there because I agree with most posters. Here, however, I disagree with most posters and I do not like managements approach to fielding a team.... ...

  5. #504
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The avg on pacers board is 189 and colts 19
    Fact of life, it used to be 3
    It is also the reason things got to fester so long, we took notice to late and the Lynch mob was alreadyvoting,
    Sometimes there is a reason for a mob my friend. Too much yelling fire in the theater created this problem and I was ready to call it quits myself. PD's integrity took a big hit I'm afraid and it will take a while to get that taste out of everyone's mouth too. Maybe it is time to close the Colts board?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  7. #505
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last time I checked this was Pacers Digest, not Colts Digest so if they shut this sub-site down, big deal.
    But by that same token we're use to the excellence fostered on the main Digest site and I believe folks would like to create that same type of community here too since Able has been nice enough to provide it. Also you know passion is going to run strong if you really support your team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  8. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes there is a reason for a mob my friend. Too much yelling fire in the theater created this problem and I was ready to call it quits myself. PD's integrity took a big hit I'm afraid and it will take a while to get that taste out of everyone's mouth too. Maybe it is time to close the Colts board?
    If you find it uncomfortable here, why not just quit visiting it? Is this another form of censorship? "If I can't get everyone on the forum to think the way I do, we should just close it."? Interesting....... ...


    NO POLITICS!

    A

  9. #507
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But by that same token we're use to the excellence fostered on the main Digest site and I believe folks would like to create that same type of community here too since Able has been nice enough to provide it. Also you know passion is going to run strong if you really support your team.
    It's a great thing to have, no doubt. Love the Colts, love the Pacers. LOVE the fact that I can talk both with the same people.

    However, if this is just going to be a bicker board why have it?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  11. #508
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you find it uncomfortable here, why not just quit visiting it? Is this another form of censorship? "If I can't get everyone on the forum to think the way I do, we should just close it."? Interesting. ...... ...
    Thanks for your advice and I shall take it... I too am done...
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  13. #509
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Damn

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn
    Sorry, Joe, I just can't stand people who think censorship is OK. I abide by the forum rules. I don't call people names and I listen to what people have to say. You know that. I asked for advice once and you gave it. It wasn't pleasant to hear but I respected you enough to accept that advice.... ...

  16. #511

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you find it uncomfortable here, why not just quit visiting it? Is this another form of censorship? "If I can't get everyone on the forum to think the way I do, we should just close it."? Interesting. I think we have a conservative politician here in the USA trying to do the same thing in suppressing the vote...... ...
    I don't believe that you are posting your honest opinions. I believe you are posting primarily to annoy other members and to find enjoyment in making this site unpleasant for others. A forum such as this one should not, in my opinion, allow posters who exist primarily to antagonize others. Obviously, it's not my forum and those who run it disagree with my take on this situation, but for you to suggest that others quit visiting here - when you are the reason some feel the need to leave - is pretty obnoxious.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:


  18. #512
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Post Re: Luck so far

    We had the choice to close threads, close the board etc I refuse to give in to mobs, closing down is saying you lost, I dont do losing.
    And where would we be if we did that what would be achieved? Everybody would have lost.
    With some attention and a big stick I am sure we get it civil again, if not, we can still dump it, but I want to at least try.

    So my advice to all, bury the hatchets, it will achieve nothing positive, stop calling people out and calling them names, be nice and you all get a cookie, be bad and find yourself banned.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  19. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  20. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe that you are posting your honest opinions. I believe you are posting primarily to annoy other members and to find enjoyment in making this site unpleasant for others. A forum such as this one should not, in my opinion, allow posters who exist primarily to antagonize others. Obviously, it's not my forum and those who run it disagree with my take on this situation, but for you to suggest that others quit visiting here - when you are the reason some feel the need to leave - is pretty obnoxious.

    Well, what you say is not true. I do post my honest opinions. I don't try to annoy people on purpose. I am sorry you find it obnoxious but I found it obnoxious that a poster thought the Colts forum should be closed because he didn't like seeing opinions he did not agree with. I don't want anyone to leave but the rules are the rules and I try to live up to them as best I can. I didn't call him names. I just pointed out what should have been obvious and he apparently agreed with me..... Now, if you want to talk about one of my opinions, we can do that. You won't find me antagonistic in the least.... ...

  21. #514
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #515
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes there is a reason for a mob my friend. Too much yelling fire in the theater created this problem and I was ready to call it quits myself. PD's integrity took a big hit I'm afraid and it will take a while to get that taste out of everyone's mouth too. Maybe it is time to close the Colts board?
    There is never a good enough reason for a mob, don't mistake a mob and a lynch mob in particular with a demonstration of opinions.
    You think the integrity took a hit, I think it was boasted by not giving in to a lynch mob.
    If you say we are to blame for letting it fester, well i already admitted to that, so here i am trying to right the wrongs, you think that is closing the board, i think that is cleansing it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  24. #516
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    First, OlBlu instigated a lot of arguments on this board by being disrespectful. It wasn't a matter of we just decided to "lynch" an innocent poster and censor him. Not only was he posting contrary opinions, but he was disrespectful of the Colts organization, for reasons of his own. However, that in itself isn't what was disrespectful. What was disrespectful was the manner in which he posted ---- frequently, and often making generic broad strokes insinuating us to be homers, unenlightened morons, and mindless rah-rah cheerleaders for our team. That was disrespectful. He didn't see it that way. He saw it as he was just right, and we're all morons, who cares what we think. Then, what took it over the top for me, was his tendency to take over *every* new thread on those bases. No matter what topic we posted, within 5 posts he had completely come into a thread and disrespected the entire conversation. Yeah, he has become "more sensible" over the past week --- because Luck and the Colts are performing so amazingly that even OlBlu is running out of ammo. MARK MY WORDS --- if things were reversed and RG3 and the 'Skins were tearing it up, you wouldn't be seeing the current humbled OlBlu. You'd be seeing a monster of an ego on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

    But the reaction to OlBlu by the mods was disheartening. If you discourage censorship, then don't censor what I'm about to say --- I've been here for years, been a positive productive contributor. It takes a lot for me to get mad, but when I do, there's a reason. I got mad at OlBlu's conduct on this forum. But I kept within the rules and tried to ride it out. It was because OlBlu was *allowed* to go about his rampage of disrespect unchallenged in this Colts forum for weeks. People weren't calling for his banning at first. It was after weeks of what appeared to be no effort on the part of the mods to make OlBlu play nice. We all are expected to play nice, and OlBlu was not. And that is frustrating. That made me very upset. After it appeared that the mods just weren't even paying attention to the Colts forum, or they *were* paying attention and deciding not to do anything to hinder his conduct, I finally started returning OlBlu's "disrespect" on him.

    The mods weren't doing their jobs. And when they finally did it --- they reprimanded *me*, and others. I was not given the benefit of the doubt for my 8 years of contributions to this site --- I was publically confronted and made to look like a fool. I was treated like a child. I damn near quit this board that night. But I don't think the mods or the board or myself would benefit from that. Good posters were lost over these incidents to protect a disruptive poster who's been here less than a year. With able posting things like statistics that basically say "See the massive number of posts and people here? We'll get over your loss" --- that's not impressive to me. I don't find that to be a positive thing. That's calloused. The situation was not controlled when it should have been, despite much plight from a huge number of users. Instead, we were treated, gestapo-style, like a "lynch mob". Lynch mobs occur when things are not controlled over a log period of time.

    There was a lot to be learned from all this, because there was mistreatment from almost everyone involved. That's my honest and true feelings on the subject. I've moved on, but I won't forget these past few months, and you bet it will stay on the back of my mind.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-05-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  26. #517

    Default

    Well as we would call this in the military, stand by to stand by. Whatevskis. I don't have to like it but I won't agree with it either. If that gets me in "trouble" I guess that it does. Seems silly to punish those that cross this supposed line in the sand when Blu has regularly insulted the intelligence of many others on here, with no punishment (then promptly attempted to start another argument with comments about people being "invisible" today)But hey, I won't question it. Later,
    HM3 (FMF) Daniel "Doc" Greenwell, USN
    Last edited by Dgreenwell3; 11-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  28. #518
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Amen Kid

  29. #519
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Could certain people please at least learn two reply to multiple quotes in one post.
    We dont't need one poster with a lot of consecutive posts. Since your trying your clean this place up.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  30. #520
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is never a good enough reason for a mob, don't mistake a mob and a lynch mob in particular with a demonstration of opinions.
    You think the integrity took a hit, I think it was boasted by not giving in to a lynch mob.
    If you say we are to blame for letting it fester, well i already admitted to that, so here i am trying to right the wrongs, you think that is closing the board, i think that is cleansing it.
    Congrats, able. You guys didn't give in to the immense amount of common sense around here. You stuck to your guns and let this board go to ****. Pat yourself on the back for standing strong.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  32. #521
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,254

    Default Re: Luck so far

    I don't envy the job of the moderators on this forum. I salute their efforts.

    But I think we have to admit that this type of activity (i.e. OlBlu type posting style) would not be allowed on the main PD board...or it truly would be degrading this great site.

    At the same time (and I don't expect everyone to agree with this), OlBlu is simply another form of entertainment for some posters. You can deny it if you want, but it's true for some posters. I've seen them rally around OlBlu like he was their treasure. The Cadillac of Trolls he is...and he calls this his home. Let's face it. Some have grown attached...

  33. #522

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Ridiculous, I've never been a part of something so ridiculous.

    Anyway, I think Luck has more than proven himself to anyone who thought he was overrated. He's the best player from this draft, and he's pretty much a top 10 QB in the league now. Give him a consistent offensive line and receivers who don't drop balls and you're golden. The rest will come with experience.

    And I'd like to give a pat on the back to Irsay and Grigson, who have built this team the right way.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  34. #523

    Default Re: Luck so far

    There's been many good points just in the past page of this thread - Kid, cdash, greenwell. And as Kid pointed out, OlBlu would really have to be stretching the limits for him to dog on Luck after these past couple weeks. I think it's safe to say Luck's ceiling is much greater than just a journeyman QB as he has insinuated.

    Even in my own trolling of OlBlu I haven't asked for him to be banned. But his posting on the Pacers board and the Colts board is night and day. Able throwing out silly statistics that don't relate to the issue and telling us he won't give into a "mob" certainly doesn't help any. These guys act like they're making a stand for a human rights issue - it's friggin Pacers Digest. But like I said, if they're not that interested in building up the Colts board just like they did the Pacers, then that's their choice. But losing posters who've made thousands of contributions to this board over several years, does not bode well for PD at all.

  35. #524

    Default Re: Luck so far

    And another thing, it's defensible to say RG3 is playing better than Luck, it's defensible to say you'd rather have RG3 over Luck if you had the choice. I don't agree with that, but it's not outrageous to say it, at least after 8 games. But it's not defensible to say it as a fact and then to repeat it over and over as a fact.

  36. #525
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,775

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is never a good enough reason for a mob, don't mistake a mob and a lynch mob in particular with a demonstration of opinions.
    You think the integrity took a hit, I think it was boasted by not giving in to a lynch mob.
    If you say we are to blame for letting it fester, well i already admitted to that, so here i am trying to right the wrongs, you think that is closing the board, i think that is cleansing it.

    Thank you for keeping it open. I value the Colts/NFL discussion here just as much as the Pacers/NBA discussion. Things are looking bright for the Colts and I want to keep discussing the team with people here.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  2. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  3. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Good Luck Al
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
  5. 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •