Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck so far

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

The Dolphins were mixing up their coverages so much tryin' to confuse him, and the running game absolutely was going nowhere, and it didn't phase him. 3rd and 15? Hike the ball, avoid 2-3 guys in the pocket, get a guy hanging around his legs and he makes a ridiculous completion for the 1st. I've never seen a guy perform like he does under pressure.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes I have to pinch myself to not only realize that we're fully experiencing life after Manning, but to believe that it could possibly be going this well.
    I was thinking similar thoughts. I'm reminded of something Jake Plummer told a writer in 2006 about how even 7 years later Bronco quarterbacks were being haunted by the ghost of John Elway. The previous year he'd lead the Broncos to a 13-3 record and a trip to the AFC Championship game, but he still felt like he was being unfairly criticized by the fans for not being Elway.

So far that doesn't *seem* to be the case in Indy? From a distance it sure seems like Colts fans are (for the most part) willing to give Luck a chance, are keeping Luck/Manning comparisons in perspective, and are gradually being won over by what they're seeing on the field. It might be a stretch to say that Luck is making Colts fans forget about Peyton... But with each passing game he's making the transition easier to take.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketwatchFox For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ditka just said on "Mike and Mike" that he doesn't know if he's ever seen someone come into the league who is as mature as Luck is right now.

Is Ditka an "expert"? He is a Super Bowl winning coach, but is he an "expert"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Ditka just said on "Mike and Mike" that he doesn't know if he's ever seen someone come into the league who is as mature as Luck is right now.

No matter what gets put on ink OlBlu is never going to admit being wrong. It's a fact because he just is one of those hard headed types that cries in the corner when he's wrong. I wish we could just boot him because he does throw out little insults at the end of his posts. Ban? Idk but hey at least a slap I. The wrist to make him idk respect others opinions and not act like a troll.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck: 2,404 passing yards, 5-3 record

Manning: 2,404 passing yards, 5-3 record

Also, nfl.com/stats has a pretty cool stats lab.

Incredible
    "We want Miami"

I take this win with a grain of salt. I expected him to have a great game against a poor pass defense much like I thought RG3 running game would destroy the Panters and win that game. Too bad a dumb coach ran Morris only 17 times and one time in the second half to basically kill the Redskins season.

The interesting stat line to me is that the o-line did much better against a great pass rush and they actually got some decent yardage on the running game. The correctable stat line was the penalities which lead to far too many 3rd and longs.

The stat that most people probably don't know is that Dolphins are the number one 3rd down defense in the league and Luck destroyed them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    No matter what gets put on ink OlBlu is never going to admit being wrong. It's a fact because he just is one of those hard headed types that cries in the corner when he's wrong. I wish we could just boot him because he does throw out little insults at the end of his posts. Ban? Idk but hey at least a slap I. The wrist to make him idk respect others opinions and not act like a troll.
    I don't act like a troll but you sure do. I don't call names. I don't call for anyone to be silenced.... I state my opinions and I take what you all dish out. I did hear, however, that the mods cracked down and issued speeding tickets to lots of you for the abuse. I stated that Luck played a great game and it was a great win. I still don't like him and I will never be his fan but I am happy for the Colts....

Banned
    Mood

You answered your own question. Any Super Bowl winning coach qualifies as an expert.....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I don't act like a troll but you sure do. I don't call names. I don't call for anyone to be silenced.... I state my opinions and I take what you all dish out. I did hear, however, that the mods cracked down and issued speeding tickets to lots of you for the abuse. I stated that Luck played a great game and it was a great win. I still don't like him and I will never be his fan but I am happy for the Colts....
    The funny thing to me is that you predicted what? 5 wins in 3 seasons.. LOL.

The blatant hate your getting wouldn't be so bad is your predictions held any water what so ever. When you went after the management decisions I knew you had no clue. Grigson is proving Irsay right in how inept Chris Polain was and how deluded his farther was that he could do the job.

Irsay has made 2 great decisions in canning the coach and replacing the Polains IMO and the best part of it is that the proof is in the record not in future potential even though I think the sky's the limit.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 11-05-2012 at 11:12 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    The funny thing to me is that you predicted what? 5 wins in 3 seasons.. LOL.

The blatant hate your getting wouldn't be so bad is your predictions held any water what so ever. When you went after the management decisions I knew you had no clue. Grigson is proving Irsay right in how inept Chris Polain was and how deluded his farther was that he could do the job.

Irsay has made 2 great decisions in canning the coach and replacing the Polains IMO and the best part of it is that the proof is in the record not in future potential even though I think the skies the limit.
    Irsay learned a valuable lesson with Caldwell - don't promote someone from within whose highest job in the NFL had been a quarterbacks coach just because Tony Dungy tells you to do it. Dungy is a special person in Colts history, but we did not need him to pick his successor. Irsay should have said "thinks for your insight Tony, we'll give Caldwell an interview but we aren't making a decision until we have interviewed multiple candidates." Caldwell had never even been a coordinator in the NFL and had an awful record at Wake Forest. We had no business handing the keys to our team to him without even interviewing outside candidates.

With Pagano, we did what we should have done after the 08 season. We looked at good candidates from across the NFL and hired a defensive coordinator who ran one of the most successful defenses in the game. The way we conducted the search that resulted in the Pagano hire tells me that Irsay learned an extremely valuable lesson from how Caldwell turned out.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-05-2012 at 10:33 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'm sure the mods are very pleased that you are making what they may or may not be doing behind the scenes known to the general public.

Good grief, you never come out and flat out insult people, but you are one of the most passive aggressive personalities I have ever spent time around either on the internet or in real life.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Irsay learned a valuable lesson with Caldwell - don't promote someone from within whose highest job in the NFL had been a quarterbacks coach just because Tony Dungy tells you to do it. Dungy is a special person in Colts history, but we did not need him to pick his successor. Irsay should have said "thinks for you're insight Tony, we'll give Caldwell an interview but we aren't making a decision until we have interviewed multiple candidates." Caldwell had never even been a coordinator in the NFL and had an awful record at Wake Forest. We had no business handing the keys to our team to him without even interviewing outside candidates.

With Pagano, we did what we should have done after the 08 season. We looked at good candidates from across the NFL and hired the defensive coordinator who ran one of the most successful defenses in the game. The way we conducted the search that resulted in the Pagano hire tells me that Irsay learned an extremely valuable lesson from how Caldwell turned out.
    I also think that Peyton had a say in keeping Caldwell for better or for worse.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I also think that Peyton had a say in keeping Caldwell for better or for worse.

Probably. Peyton knew that Caldwell would stay out of his way.

Probably. Peyton knew that Caldwell would stay out of his way.
    Which is basically good for the offense and bad for the defense. The future of this team is sooo bright right now it makes it a lot more palatable that Peyton is gone given the Colts have a pretty good future with a ton of capspace to become even better.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm sure the mods are very pleased that you are making what they may or may not be doing behind the scenes known to the general public.

Good grief, you never come out and flat out insult people, but you are one of the most passive aggressive personalities I have ever spent time around either on the internet or in real life.
    Thank you. I don't know what the mods are doing. I have just noticed that some posters have all of sudden become invisable.... The mods didn't have any problem telling posters that I had a round to two with them..... If they hadn't done that, I wouldn't have said anything......

I have just noticed that some posters have all of sudden become invisable....
    When your will to live has been sucked out of you that's what happens.

On topic.... Luck is begining to really take over not just Indy but the state as well. Remember I live on the west side of the state (near THaute) and Sunday there were a ton of Colt fans around here wearing a #12 jersey. Forget bandwagon, as someone else posted there is a new breed of Colt fan that has replaced the old guard. A new fan base really was created during Manning's glory years.
    Last edited by RWB; 11-05-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Thank you. I don't know what the mods are doing. I have just noticed that some posters have all of sudden become invisable.... The mods didn't have any problem telling posters that I had a round to two with them..... If they hadn't done that, I wouldn't have said anything......
    Oh so you were just talking out of your rear when you said this then?

When doesn't he talk out of his rear?

That would be a much shorter list than the other way around.

Banned
    Mood

Oh so you were just talking out of your rear when you said this then?
    So? I did hear that the mods were cracking down. One poster said that he got a speeding ticket and wondered if anyone else did. I even posted that I didn't think that particular poster had said anything that warranted any action. I do not know for sure what the mods are doing, I haven't been consulted..... Have you, Joe?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    When doesn't he talk out of his rear?

That would be a much shorter list than the other way around.
    What are you mumbling about now? Put me back on your ignore list...

You throw out plenty of insults.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    You throw out plenty of insults.
    Well, it was not my intention. I will try to be more careful about that...

So? I did hear that the mods were cracking down. One poster said that he got a speeding ticket and wondered if anyone else did. I even posted that I didn't think that particular poster had said anything that warranted any action. I do not know for sure what the mods are doing, I haven't been consulted..... Have you, Joe?
    I don't know anything about it one way or the other, but I do know that this board existed for many years with opposing views with nothing like this ever happening before.

Banned
    Mood

I don't know anything about it one way or the other, but I do know that this board existed for many years with opposing views with nothing like this ever happening before.
    Everything changes, Joe. You should know that. I don't think that is my problem. I present an opposing view sometimes (not all) but I have never found this forum accepting of any minority view... Perhaps, as you suggest, it is just me.... Let's hope it all gets better in the coming months and years....