Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck so far

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

The most amazing stat regarding Luck's start is that he's 3rd in the league (behind Brees & Eli) in yards per game yet he is 32nd in percentage of yards which occured after the catch. He's not throwing a simple 4 yard slant and having guys run 75 yards after the catch.

His receivers, other than Reggie Wayne, are not getting open. At all. He's having to throw guys open. And he's succeeding. Truly remarkable.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most amazing stat regarding Luck's start is that he's 3rd in the league (behind Brees & Eli) in yards per game yet he is 32nd in percentage of yards which occured after the catch. He's not throwing a simple 4 yard slant and having guys run 75 yards after the catch.

His receivers, other than Reggie Wayne, are not getting open. At all. He's having to throw guys open. And he's succeeding. Truly remarkable.
    Yep, and he's also suffered some untimely drops on good throws too. (TY Hilton, I'm looking at you)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Maybe you just got caught up reaching in the argument, but if you actually believe what you said, I have my doubts that you even watch the NFL.
    I certainly do believe that the NFC east is the toughest division in the NFL and the AFC south may be the weakest. The NFC east has been the strongest division for a long time.... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Olblu you know they record hits on a qb that don't result in sacks right? Rg3 has been hit more often than luck so let's not dramatize a flat out lie.
    I think I said that Luck is getting sacked more and that Luck is actually running more. Total hits is another thing altogether. Last week, RGIII ran once and got sacked twice. Luck had four of each. That is what I look at. It was no lie to say what I said but you will have to see Luck carried off before you will believe anything.... ...

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I think I said that Luck is getting sacked more and that Luck is actually running more. Total hits is another thing altogether. Last week, RGIII ran once and got sacked twice. Luck had four of each. That is what I look at. It was no lie to say what I said but you will have to see Luck carried off before you will believe anything.... ...
    RGIII has taken 11 sacks. Andrew Luck as taken 9.

RGIII has 42 rushing attempts. Andrew Luck has 16.

Got anymore brilliance to share with us?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

How many times are you going to be allowed to make the joke about our QB being carried off? It's not funny. It was never funny. RGIII was not even carried off this weekend. Someone being carried off on a stretcher is a serious. Normally I enjoy laughing at your hilarious comments, but this one just isn't even funny. It's cruel to keep suggesting it is going to happen.

I think
    You should stop right there because its obviously not working for you.

Its one page back so you can eliminate the hard part and just look up what you said. QB hits is recorded as behind the line of scrimmage hits. This doesn't even take into account of all the run plays and QB scrambles for postivie yards.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-11-2012 at 12:34 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    How many times are you going to be allowed to make the joke about our QB being carried off? It's not funny. It was never funny. RGIII was not even carried off this weekend. Someone being carried off on a stretcher is a serious. Normally I enjoy laughing at your hilarious comments, but this one just isn't even funny. It's cruel to keep suggesting it is going to happen.
    OK, carried off may have been overstating it but he is going to be injured taking all of these hits. He may walk off under his own power but he will never finish the season taking this kind of punishment. RGIII may not do it either or already has if you call missing a quarter or a half missing time from injury. I don't hope that happen by any means but if Luck were playing for another team, I would think the same thing. I said it about Cutler a couple of years ago and sure enough, he got hurt...... ...

Banned
    Mood

RGIII has taken 11 sacks. Andrew Luck as taken 9.

RGIII has 42 rushing attempts. Andrew Luck has 16.

Got anymore brilliance to share with us?
    I was talking about the last game where RGIII got knocked out..... not the entire season and yes, I have lots more brilliance to share with you.... ... They are already pulling RGIII in from running so much and they will do more now......

Banned
    Mood

I wasn't joking but if I was, I think I can say about anything I want to as long as I don't break the forum rules. Suggesting that our QB is at great risk behind a lousy line doesn't break those rules as far as I know..... ... Now, if I had said that I can't wait to see him carried off and I hope it ends his career, you might have a point. I didn't say that and I certainly don't want to see that happen to Luck or any other NFL player...

How is it not breaking the rules to consistently bring up a player on a team you supposedly root for suffering an injury severe enough to be taken off the field on a stretcher?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

They are already pulling RGIII in from running so much and they will do more now......
    And there goes a big part of his game. As it has with every other 'running QB' that has come thru the NFL.

We'll see how he adapts to becoming a pocket passer. The outcome is usually 'not that well'.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I was talking about the last game where RGIII got knocked out..... not the entire season and yes, I have lots more brilliance to share with you.... ... They are already pulling RGIII in from running so much and they will do more now......
    If they pull RGIII in from running so much they will lose large dynamic of their offense. Whether it would be good for his health or not, I doubt it happens either way. RGIII likes to pass, but he is an instinctive runner and always has been. They tried tone it down his senior year at Baylor as well and he still ran quite often. The best he can do is learn when to get of bounds and when to make a play. Something Luck already understands how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    And there goes a big part of his game. As it has with every other 'running QB' that has come thru the NFL.

We'll see how he adapts to becoming a pocket passer. The outcome is usually 'not that well'.
    RGIII is a fine pocket passer, however I don't think he is on Luck's level when it comes to running a more traditional offense.

I was talking about the last game where RGIII got knocked out..... not the entire season
    Wait, so a player who played an entire game ran more than one who missed most of the second half? Let me guess, he also attempted more passes?
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post:

Of course RGIII didn't ge thit as much as LUck in the game where he was knocked out. He only played 2 and a half quarters.

Also, I don't like the way RGIII is handling this and anyone who likes RGIII shouldn't like it either. He is refusing to admit he had a concussion and has taken to calling it "temporary memory loss". So I'm not so sure he learned a damn thing from that hit.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Brohan Cruyff View Post
    Wait, so a player who played an entire game ran more than one who missed most of the second half? Let me guess, he also attempted more passes?
    I said that he took more punishment on that particular Sunday.... RGIII was only on line for two rushes if he had played that entire game.....

Banned
    Mood

RGIII has a rocket arm and he will make a GREAT pocket passer..... ...

It's impressive, but think of how good those stats will be once he starts completing a higher percentage of his passes.

Idk if you've seen RGIII, but he is a pocket passer, a lot of his runs are designed runs and rollouts that give him two reads and the option to run.

Luck runs quite a bit as well, so it's not like he's only a pocket passer.

Banned
    Mood

How is it not breaking the rules to consistently bring up a player on a team you supposedly root for suffering an injury severe enough to be taken off the field on a stretcher?
    Pointing out that possibility for a player who is taking the abuse Luck is having to endure, it not against any rules and, it is only a logical outcome unless you have complete blinders to the possibility and I'm sure there are plenty here that do and they will be amazed and surprised when it happens. I will be neither but I hope for the best. I have just seen it with too many rookie QBs in the past and we will continue to see it. Peyton made it through that first year but he had a much better line blocking for him and he didn't take anything close to the punishment Luck is enduring every week. Unfortunately, the hand writing is on the wall..... ...

RGIII was only on line for two rushes if he had played that entire game.....
    That's not how that works. By that measure, the Packers "should" have scored 42 points against us last week. Shockingly, sometimes the second half of a game is vastly different from the first.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

I said that he took more punishment on that particular Sunday.... RGIII was only on line for two rushes if he had played that entire game.....
    Oh is that how it works?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Brohan Cruyff View Post
    That's not how that works. By that measure, the Packers "should" have scored 42 points against us last week. Shockingly, sometimes the second half of a game is vastly different from the first.
    That is true but people here stretch stats over full games and even full seasons. The fact is that RGIII has taken 31 QB hits and Luck 26. That is not a huge difference and some of Luck's hits were very severe... Best wishes to him but he won't be able to keep that up.... ...

Luck has taken one really hard hit. That's pretty much it.