Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 600

Thread: Luck so far

  1. #251
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,226
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #252
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    It's good to see people finally seeing what Luck can do. I've been saying for months now how special of a guy we have, and I know some of my comments months ago seemed outlandish, but I know they were the truth then and I still believe it. He's the best QB I've ever seen come out of college, ever, and that's including Peyton Manning. He has the talent, skillset, mindset and ability to be the greatest ever. His game is so absolutely perfectly balanced and complete, it's awesome. I don't gush about guys like this often, if ever -- most of you know that. I've been posting here for 8 years and for 5-6 years before that on RATS, I've never posted thoughts like this about a player ever. For any team.

    He has all the makings to be damn near the most perfect football player I've ever seen, and he's still green. That's what you have to do, look at what makes him tick and put it all together and try to project into the future what this guy will be like when he actually "blossoms" and becomes comfortable. As good as he's looked, he's still very much green, young, and inexperienced.

    I didn't make those claims months ago on blind homerism. I watched him extensively and compared him to everything I've known about this game. To me, there is absolutely no comparison between him and RG3 or any other QBs in this league. It's in all the little things he does, the fundamentals, his footwork, his arm motion, his demeanor and humbleness, his mental traits and habits, his clutchness, his balance, strength, and intelligence. I've never seen a guy this young exhibit such a complete palette of traits like this. It's just a matter of time before he's the best damn quarterback in the entire league. His only mistakes right now are due to inexperience. Once he gets the experience.... it's just going to be friggin over for the entire league. I'm not saying that because I'm a Colts fan and he's a Colt. I'd say it if he was the Jags quarterback. I'd say it because I know it's the truth. I know it sounds outlandish still... it sounds outlandish to my ears to even say it, but I don't know any other way to express it, it is what it is, lol. I thought we as Colts fans had experienced the pinnacle of quarterbacking play during Manning's tenure.... but here we are.

    It's ironic that this last name is Luck, because there is no luck involved. He's good. You make your own luck. It's embodied by the saying he goes by himself: "Competence over confidence." He's competent. When you're competent, you make plays and you increase your chances of success. The goofballs will call it luck.

    And of course I'm speaking of the future, not right now, I know Luck is still a ways off from seeing his pinnacle. But it's not far off. 2-3 years. The team likely still won't have caught up to him, but he'll be carrying them. All we can do is sit back and watch and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  4. #253
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Shaking off Clay Matthews to make a ridiculous completion to Reggie Wayne, down 5 points with a minute left in game #4 of his career.... I mean, come on. That **** shouldn't happen. You guys know this. But it did.

    The Colts are better than anyone thought they'd be, and it all starts with #12. There's no logical reason why a team with $40mill in dead money, completely new management and coaching staff, and a plethora of rookies and low-experienced practice-squad players should be in the middle of the pack offensively/defensively and record-wise --- all historical precedence says we should be a train-wreck and competing for the 1st pick again this year, but we're not. The confidence they have in this kid is what lifts the entire team up.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #254
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone post this article please?
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

  7. #255
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's good to see people finally seeing what Luck can do. I've been saying for months now how special of a guy we have, and I know some of my comments months ago seemed outlandish, but I know they were the truth then and I still believe it. He's the best QB I've ever seen come out of college, ever, and that's including Peyton Manning. He has the talent, skillset, mindset and ability to be the greatest ever. His game is so absolutely perfectly balanced and complete, it's awesome. I don't gush about guys like this often, if ever -- most of you know that. I've been posting here for 8 years and for 5-6 years before that on RATS, I've never posted thoughts like this about a player ever. For any team.

    He has all the makings to be damn near the most perfect football player I've ever seen, and he's still green. That's what you have to do, look at what makes him tick and put it all together and try to project into the future what this guy will be like when he actually "blossoms" and becomes comfortable. As good as he's looked, he's still very much green, young, and inexperienced.

    I didn't make those claims months ago on blind homerism. I watched him extensively and compared him to everything I've known about this game. To me, there is absolutely no comparison between him and RG3 or any other QBs in this league. It's in all the little things he does, the fundamentals, his footwork, his arm motion, his demeanor and humbleness, his mental traits and habits, his clutchness, his balance, strength, and intelligence. I've never seen a guy this young exhibit such a complete palette of traits like this. It's just a matter of time before he's the best damn quarterback in the entire league. His only mistakes right now are due to inexperience. Once he gets the experience.... it's just going to be friggin over for the entire league. I'm not saying that because I'm a Colts fan and he's a Colt. I'd say it if he was the Jags quarterback. I'd say it because I know it's the truth. I know it sounds outlandish still... it sounds outlandish to my ears to even say it, but I don't know any other way to express it, it is what it is, lol. I thought we as Colts fans had experienced the pinnacle of quarterbacking play during Manning's tenure.... but here we are.

    It's ironic that this last name is Luck, because there is no luck involved. He's good. You make your own luck. It's embodied by the saying he goes by himself: "Competence over confidence." He's competent. When you're competent, you make plays and you increase your chances of success. The goofballs will call it luck.

    And of course I'm speaking of the future, not right now, I know Luck is still a ways off from seeing his pinnacle. But it's not far off. 2-3 years. The team likely still won't have caught up to him, but he'll be carrying them. All we can do is sit back and watch and enjoy it.
    IF Luck becomes as good as we all hope, I'll definitely say that I heard it here first lol . Thought I don't necessarily agree with everything you--specifically in regards to NOBODY in the league being able to be compared to him or his talent/mechanics-- I definitely think that Luck is slowly becoming the real deal.

  8. #256
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Schaub sure gets a lot of credit around here for a guy who has made the playoffs a whopping one time.
    Yeah, he played in the same division as Peyton Manning for the majority of his starting career.

    I don't think he's so good as I think Kevin Kolb is just really bad. I'd put Schaub in that Rivers/Cutler/Romo zone--not quite elite, not sure you can rest the load of a team on their shoulders and win a Super Bowl, but definitely playoff caliber QBs.

  9. #257

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to echo above...can someone post this?


    Comebacks thrill us. Comebacks make our hearts race. Comebacks cause us to stand up and cheer. For all that, though, comebacks do not necessarily provide an accurate measure of NFL quarterback quality. Just ask Tim Tebow, who led five comebacks in 2011, only to find himself a backup on one of the league's worst offenses in 2012. After all, to come back at the end of a game, you must first play badly enough to fall behind. On the other side of the coin, you have a guy like Matt Schaub. The Houston Texans quarterback has put together an 11-3 record as a starter the past two seasons, but has no comebacks in that time because he has provided his team with so many early leads.....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. #258
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure what your point is here? Comparing Peyton to Schaub in any way is a big stretch.
    NOT COMPARING THEM! Schaub is still good. Peyton a 1000x better than Schayb, but Peyton still had help by having Marvin and Edge as does Schaub, but Peyton is way way way way better. Get my point now?
    Smothered Chicken!

  11. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaking off Clay Matthews to make a ridiculous completion to Reggie Wayne, down 5 points with a minute left in game #4 of his career.... I mean, come on. That **** shouldn't happen. You guys know this. But it did.

    The Colts are better than anyone thought they'd be, and it all starts with #12. There's no logical reason why a team with $40mill in dead money, completely new management and coaching staff, and a plethora of rookies and low-experienced practice-squad players should be in the middle of the pack offensively/defensively and record-wise --- all historical precedence says we should be a train-wreck and competing for the 1st pick again this year, but we're not. The confidence they have in this kid is what lifts the entire team up.
    You are right about the historical record which is part of why my view of them has been so bleak. You forgot to mention that besides making that pass, Reggie made a great catch to reel it in. It is still a long season and there will be many ups and downs. We have played three of our first four games at home and that helped too. Luck is taking a beating that will be just about impossible for him to stand up to for the whole season. So, I am cautiously optimistic but this kind of team could regress or it could continue to get better. I, like all of you, hope for the latter, but I am watching everything closely. I doubt Reggie will ever have another game close to that one, very few players ever have. It wasn't a team record day (I saw that game with Raymond Berry) but Marvin never had a 200 yard receiving day... ...

  12. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YOU CAN'T.

    If you don't like my posting about it, just ignore them. See, it doesn't work like that because other people respond to it, the entire topic at hand gets derailed, and the thread no longer has any bearing on what it originally did. I don't give a **** if I am "playing into his hand" or not, it's bull **** that he's even allowed around here.
    Well, I am and I will be because I don't break any rules. Get over yourself.... ...

  13. #261
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Luck so far...
    I like what I'm seeing. He is more then advertised at this point. For a rookie, he is truely amazing. I hope he stays healthy.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. #262
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,399
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck so far...
    I like what I'm seeing. He is more then advertised at this point. For a rookie, he is truely amazing. I hope he stays healthy.
    For a rookie he's amazing? He's amazing period!

  15. #263
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Is Luck nursing injuries that we don't know about? how is it impossible for him to last the whole season at the current rate?

    Nothing like misguided posts

    Every QB takes hits but from what I've seen (and granted i haven't been able to watch every game) Luck does a good job not taking the big hit when he decides to run. Similar to Marvin Harrison who was a master and not letting opponents get a big hit on him.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


  17. #264
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a rookie he's amazing? He's amazing period!
    No, he is a rookie, not a veteran like Manning, Brady, Breeze, Rogers, Marino, Montana, Aikman, ect.. So for now he is an amazing rookie, nothing more!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  19. #265
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,553

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's good to see people finally seeing what Luck can do. I've been saying for months now how special of a guy we have, and I know some of my comments months ago seemed outlandish, but I know they were the truth then and I still believe it. He's the best QB I've ever seen come out of college, ever, and that's including Peyton Manning. He has the talent, skillset, mindset and ability to be the greatest ever. His game is so absolutely perfectly balanced and complete, it's awesome. I don't gush about guys like this often, if ever -- most of you know that. I've been posting here for 8 years and for 5-6 years before that on RATS, I've never posted thoughts like this about a player ever. For any team.

    He has all the makings to be damn near the most perfect football player I've ever seen, and he's still green. That's what you have to do, look at what makes him tick and put it all together and try to project into the future what this guy will be like when he actually "blossoms" and becomes comfortable. As good as he's looked, he's still very much green, young, and inexperienced.

    I didn't make those claims months ago on blind homerism. I watched him extensively and compared him to everything I've known about this game. To me, there is absolutely no comparison between him and RG3 or any other QBs in this league. It's in all the little things he does, the fundamentals, his footwork, his arm motion, his demeanor and humbleness, his mental traits and habits, his clutchness, his balance, strength, and intelligence. I've never seen a guy this young exhibit such a complete palette of traits like this. It's just a matter of time before he's the best damn quarterback in the entire league. His only mistakes right now are due to inexperience. Once he gets the experience.... it's just going to be friggin over for the entire league. I'm not saying that because I'm a Colts fan and he's a Colt. I'd say it if he was the Jags quarterback. I'd say it because I know it's the truth. I know it sounds outlandish still... it sounds outlandish to my ears to even say it, but I don't know any other way to express it, it is what it is, lol. I thought we as Colts fans had experienced the pinnacle of quarterbacking play during Manning's tenure.... but here we are.

    It's ironic that this last name is Luck, because there is no luck involved. He's good. You make your own luck. It's embodied by the saying he goes by himself: "Competence over confidence." He's competent. When you're competent, you make plays and you increase your chances of success. The goofballs will call it luck.

    And of course I'm speaking of the future, not right now, I know Luck is still a ways off from seeing his pinnacle. But it's not far off. 2-3 years. The team likely still won't have caught up to him, but he'll be carrying them. All we can do is sit back and watch and enjoy it.
    I agree with this... he's so far adapted to the pro game much faster than Peyton did. Remember, 18 had that one great San Francisco game that was stolen by the refs, then late in the season you literally saw him adjust to the game (especially during the BAL game that year) and you could start to see the brilliance. If Luck has that same effect happen to him.... the sky is the limit on how good he can be.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. #266
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,226
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really good with this posting format stuff but here you go:

    Comebacks thrill us. Comebacks make our hearts race. Comebacks cause us to stand up and cheer. For all that, though, comebacks do not necessarily provide an accurate measure of NFL quarterback quality. Just ask Tim Tebow, who led five comebacks in 2011, only to find himself a backup on one of the league's worst offenses in 2012. After all, to come back at the end of a game, you must first play badly enough to fall behind. On the other side of the coin, you have a guy like Matt Schaub. The Houston Texans quarterback has put together an 11-3 record as a starter the past two seasons, but has no comebacks in that time because he has provided his team with so many early leads.

    With that in mind, what can we make of Andrew Luck and his big comeback that led the Indianapolis Colts to a 30-27 win over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday? On one hand, we must credit him for 31 completions, 362 yards, 16 first downs and three touchdowns (two passing, one rushing). On the other hand, we can't ignore his 24 incompletions, his four sacks taken, his interception or his fumble.

    The fact is, Luck made a lot of good plays Sunday, but also many bad plays. He dropped back 30 times in the first half and produced only 157 net yards and five first downs. He was one of the biggest reasons the Colts fell behind in the first place. And though Luck had 11 first downs after halftime, including all three touchdowns, we can't forget that even during the comeback he had his struggles. He threw his interception while driving for a potential go-ahead score in the fourth quarter, and he also threw two incompletions as part of a three-and-out drive deep in Indianapolis territory that provided the Packers with excellent field position to set up a go-ahead score of their own.

    Honestly, the Indianapolis defense deserves as much credit for the comeback as Luck does. The Colts D let the Packers take the lead on a touchdown drive that started in Indianapolis territory, but Green Bay's seven other second-half drives resulted in four punts, two missed field goals and an interception.

    Despite his big comeback, Luck barely makes Football Outsiders' top 10 quarterbacks this week, and actually falls slightly short of his Green Bay counterpart, Aaron Rodgers. Remember too that these numbers account for the quality of defense faced. If we ignore that, Rodgers comes out way ahead of Luck.

    HTML Code:
    First- or second-year starting rookie QBs by DVOA
    Quarterback	Year	Team	DVOA
    Ben Roethlisberger	2004	PIT	34.5%
    Tom Brady*	2001	NE	29.3%
    Cam Newton	2011	CAR	16.7%
    Daunte Culpepper*	2000	MIN	13.0%
    Kerry Collins	1995	CAR	-1.1%
    Matt Leinart	2006	ARI	-1.7%
    Brett Favre**	1992	GB	-2.0%
    Drew Brees*	2002	SD	-8.7%
    Matt Ryan	2008	ATL	-9.8%
    Carson Palmer*	2004	CIN	-12.1%
    --	--	--	--
    Robert Griffin	2012	WAS	4.2%
    Andrew Luck	2012	IND	0.9%
    Ryan Tannehill	2012	MIA	-11.5%
    Russell Wilson	2012	SEA	-18.5%
    Brandon Weeden	2012	CLE	-26.9%
    * Second-year starter
    ** Second-year starter. Includes one game in which Favre threw 39 passes off the bench.
    Still, while it wasn't a great game for Luck, it was a good one, and that's getting to be routine for the rookie. His first game against Chicago was slightly below replacement level, but he has been well above that line every week since. He passed fellow rookie Robert Griffin III in passing DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement, explained here) this week and ranks 14th out of 33 qualifying quarterbacks. One month into his career, he is playing like an average starting passer, and has been much better than experienced veterans like Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler and Tony Romo.

    Is this performance unusual? Yes, but it's not unprecedented. The table on the right shows a semi-complete list of the top quarterbacks as measured by DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) in the first four starts of their career before this season. This includes passing only, not rushing. It only includes players who were starting in their first or second season, so there's no Rodgers, Kurt Warner or Rivers. It also omits passers whose first four starts were not consecutive, which eliminates Michael Vick, Cade McNown and Steve McNair. Below them is a list of the five rookie quarterbacks who are starting this season, along with their DVOA figures:

    (Note: Griffin ranks ahead of Luck in DVOA but not DYAR because DVOA is a rate stat, like completion percentage, while DYAR is a counting stat, like yards, and Luck has dropped back 31 more times than Griffin this season.)

    Four games is an awfully small sample size for projecting a player's career, but those quarterbacks who have made the strongest first impressions have usually held up over the long haul. Matt Leinart flamed out quickly, and Cam Newton is regressing in his second season, but the other names on this list proved to be quality starters for the better part of a decade or more. That's good news for Griffin, Luck and even Ryan Tannehill. It's bad news for Russell Wilson and Brandon Weeden. Then again, Peyton Manning's DVOA after four starts was minus-20.0 percent, and he turned out OK in the long run.

    WEEK 5 DYAR BEST AND WORST
    DYAR is Football Outsiders' proprietary metric that measures performance on every play against expected performance for that situation. For a deeper explanation and a full breakdown of the numbers, visit Football Outsiders.

    HTML Code:
    QB | RB | WR/TE
    THE GOOD
    Player	Team	DYAR
    Eli Manning	NYG	188
    Alex Smith	SF	168
    Peyton Manning	DEN	126
    Drew Brees	NO	89
    Tom Brady	NE	89
    Ben Roethlisberger	PIT	84
    Jay Cutler	CHI	63
    Ryan Tannehill	MIA	53
    Aaron Rodgers	GB	52
    Andrew Luck	IND	51
    THE BAD
    Player	Team	DYAR
    Blaine Gabbert	JAC	-146
    Cam Newton	CAR	-85
    Joe Flacco	BAL	-75
    Matt Cassel	KC	-63
    Kirk Cousins	WAS	-57
    Obviously, it's far too early to project what Luck is going to do over the next 10 years. What we can say now is that he's definitely ahead of the curve for quarterbacks at this stage of his career, and that the Luck-versus-Griffin race for rookie of the year is going to rage for 16 games.

    Three surprising players
    QB: Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
    Smith completed 18 of 24 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns against Buffalo, with no sacks or interceptions. It was the third 300-yard game of his career and the third time he has thrown for three scores without a turnover. Plus, he set career highs with 12.6 yards per pass and a near-perfect QBR of 99.2. At various times against Buffalo, Smith completed four passes in a row for 85 yards, four passes in a row for 95 yards, three passes in a row for 29 yards, and five passes in a row for 80 yards.

    RB: Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots
    Ridley's day against Denver was mildly surprising (28 carries for 151 yards), but not as surprising as the polar shift in football philosophy that has overcome the New England offense. The Patriots lead the league with 185 rushes. They were 17th in that category in 2011, though that was something of a fluke. Before that, they had ranked in the top 10 for five years in a row. Ridley was a model of consistency Sunday, with only one run going for fewer than 2 yards, and 12 runs of 5 yards or more.

    WR/TE: Reggie Wayne, Colts
    When Wayne re-signed with Indianapolis this offseason, it seemed an odd match for both player and team. The Colts figured to get more benefit by finding a younger receiver to be the Marvin Harrison or, well, Wayne to Luck's Manning, while Wayne's best shot at landing another Super Bowl ring in the twilight of his career seemed to be elsewhere. Wayne decided to stick around, though, and it's hard to imagine where Indianapolis would be without him. He leads the club with 36 catches and 506 yards; no other player on the team has even half that total in either category. Wayne caught 13 passes in 20 targets for 212 yards against Green Bay, a personal best for yardage. Like his quarterback, Wayne got off to something of a slow start, but finished strong. Each of the last five passes thrown to him was caught for a first down -- one for a touchdown -- for a total of 64 yards.
    Why so SERIOUS

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  22. #267
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really good with this posting format stuff but here you go:
    THANK YOU!!

  23. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he is a rookie, not a veteran like Manning, Brady, Breeze, Rogers, Marino, Montana, Aikman, ect.. So for now he is an amazing rookie, nothing more!
    I think Rogers dropped several notches on my list of top ten QBs after Sunday. I saw something in his face and eyes at the start of the second half. I think it was over confidence and taking a win for granted. Farve for all of his failings would never have done that and Rogers played that way when he came out too. I think our guys played great. I think they were also very lucky. It took:

    Two missed FG from a very good kicker
    A missed attempt at a two point play
    A bad call of a helmet to helmet hit against our QB that was only a very good hit
    It took the best day of Reggie Wayne's career
    A break down and loss of a play before the final kick

    I am willing to give credit to the Colts for all of these things but I also think Green Bay deserves a lot of blame for this loss.... ...

  24. #269

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Two missed FG from a very good kicker
    A missed attempt at a two point play
    A bad call of a helmet to helmet hit against our QB that was only a very good hit
    It took the best day of Reggie Wayne's career
    A break down and loss of a play before the final kick

    I am willing to give credit to the Colts for all of these things but I also think Green Bay deserves a lot of blame for this loss.... ...
    Hahaha.

    Colts also...

    Missed FG from a very good kicker
    A missed attempt at a two point play
    A bad no-call of Woodson tackling Wayne in the endzone
    A breakdown of the defense losing Cobb for the big reception on their final drive.

    Similar to just about any other game, each team has breakdowns, missed opportunities, bad calls, and bad plays. Green Bay had injuries? Well the Colts had injuries.

    Also, in 2010, Reggie had games of 15 rec for 196 yds and 14 rec for 200 yds and 1 TD and the Colts lost both of those games.

    But thanks for being willing to give credit to the Colts...lol

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  26. #270
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Best comment I heard from a Packer fan walking out of the stadium on Sunday, someone goes, REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE. Packer fan turns around and says, "If you didn't have Reggie Wayne today you wouldn't have won the game." No **** sherlock.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  28. #271
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,885

    Default Re: Luck so far

    So the troll provides the whopping and unheard of conclusion that beating a team involves that team making some mistakes. No **** Sherlock.

    FACT: OlButt predicted the Colts to start 0-8 and not be remotely competitive this year. The Colts already have as many wins as last season and have beaten two good teams.

    FACT: OlButt coronated RGIII as by far the better QB. After five weeks, the Redskins are 2-3 and WINLESS at home with two wins over crappy 1-4 teams. RGIII already got the first of what will be many concussions with his reckless style of play. Meanwhile, Luck has been at his best in the clutch and is #4 in the league in QBR, ahead of Tom Brady.

  29. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the troll provides the whopping and unheard of conclusion that beating a team involves that team making some mistakes. No **** Sherlock.

    FACT: OlButt predicted the Colts to start 0-8 and not be remotely competitive this year. The Colts already have as many wins as last season and have beaten two good teams.

    FACT: OlButt coronated RGIII as by far the better QB. After five weeks, the Redskins are 2-3 and WINLESS at home with two wins over crappy 1-4 teams. RGIII already got the first of what will be many concussions with his reckless style of play. Meanwhile, Luck has been at his best in the clutch and is #4 in the league in QBR, ahead of Tom Brady.

    Complete crap. Luck is getting hit more often and harder than RGIII. RGIII still has a QB rating over 100. Luck is in the 70s. RGIII is well on the way to being rookie of the Year. Luck, not so much. What QBR are you looking at? The regular rating has RGIII way ahead of Luck. The Colts have played three of their four games at home. Lets see how they do on the road against a struggling NY Jets team...... RGIII will play well in the toughest division in football. Luck may be in the softest division and he will have enough problems trying to win there...... ...

  30. #273

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Olblu you know they record hits on a qb that don't result in sacks right? Rg3 has been hit more often than luck so let's not dramatize a flat out lie.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-10-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  31. #274
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    888

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Last edited by Noodle; 10-10-2012 at 11:21 PM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:


  33. #275
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RGIII will play well in the toughest division in football.
    Maybe you just got caught up reaching in the argument, but if you actually believe what you said, I have my doubts that you even watch the NFL.

Similar Threads

  1. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  2. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  3. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Good Luck Al
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:31 PM
  5. 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •