Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 600

Thread: Luck so far

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you watching? I have seen floaters that take forever to come down. Now Trader Joe says that was because he was hit when he threw them and I haven't had time to look into that yet. I just haven't seen that arm strength you talk about and I was watching for it because Sims and Parcells both said he couldn't make that throw.... and he can't.....
    For one thats Phil Simms, a terrible commentator, and for second that's bill parcells who hasn't ever drafted a great qb. He drafted chad henne like 3 rounds to early

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  3. #102

    Default Re: Luck so far

    And Phil Simms has said he likes Luck quite a bit and is fine with his arm strength since then.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you watching? I have seen floaters that take forever to come down. Now Trader Joe says that was because he was hit when he threw them and I haven't had time to look into that yet. I just haven't seen that arm strength you talk about and I was watching for it because Sims and Parcells both said he couldn't make that throw.... and he can't.....
    He has probably thrown that out route successfully more than any other route so far. We use it almost exclusively on the 2 minute drill. I was referring to his deep balls that float. That is where he has been hit.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #104
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Also, are we really referencing Bill Parcells? Do we need to go back to his days with the Cowboys and all the ****** QBs he trotted out there. Dude is a terrible talent scout as he has gotten older.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  8. #105
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? Just because someone has opinions different than yours? I have been reading what you all have had to say for a month without commenting. In my opinion it was all pretty boring. If you cannot make a logical argument to back up your opinions, that isn't my fault. Perhaps there is a flaw in your opinion. Have you ever considered that.....
    OK, then state a logical argument on why despite Luck's pathetically wimpy arm we are tied for 3rd in the NFL in 20+ yard passing plays, and 7th in 40+ yard passing plays. There, I used logic to prove otherwise.

    So much for his inability to keep teams honest.

    You have no idea what you're talking about, you just talk. You throw a silly RGIII comparison into every single post even when nobody else mentions him just because you think it annoys people. I mean, there's really no other purpose for it.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  10. #106
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,337

    Default Re: Luck so far

    I seem to remember Blu having respect for Mel Kiper's opinion. So here's one for Blu.


    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...guru-mel-kiper

    Hi Mel, what do you make of Andrew Luck's arm strength? I love Luck, but he does seem to have a pretty weak arm, and guys like Simms and even Mayock have seemed to question it.

    Mel Kiper (1:06 PM)


    It's not a weak part of his game. You don't need to have a Howitzer of an arm. Peyton Manning doesn't have a great arm. Joe Montana does not have a great arm. Luck's arm strength is well above average. His arm strength is not an issue. Will he have one of the five strongest arms when he comes in? No. But his accuracy, anticipation, awareness....Not having Owusu in that game with his speed really impacted their offense negatively against Oregon. The only thing you can say about his arm strength is it isn't elite.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  12. #107
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you consider fun making any absurd statement you want without anyone calling you on it, then, yes, the "fun" is over.....
    your the one who says the absurd stuff, you can't back up anything you say. It's all BS
    Smothered Chicken!

  13. #108
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Arm strength is overrated. When was the last time a "howizter" won a SB? Favre in 1997? Maybe Kurt Warner in 2000? Warner could air it out, but I never really considered him to have a Favre-like cannon.

    How many "cannons" have been in the NFL since Favre entered? I can think of.... just a few. Stafford... Cutler. Supposedly Flacco can throw a heater and a bomb, but you just never see it. Brady can throw it, but it didn't seem like he really hammered it or bombed it in the early 2000s.

    Either way... cannons aren't usually how I measure a quarterback.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  15. #109
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arm strength is overrated. When was the last time a "howizter" won a SB? Favre in 1997? Maybe Kurt Warner in 2000? Warner could air it out, but I never really considered him to have a Favre-like cannon.

    How many "cannons" have been in the NFL since Favre entered? I can think of.... just a few. Stafford... Cutler. Supposedly Flacco can throw a heater and a bomb, but you just never see it. Brady can throw it, but it didn't seem like he really hammered it or bombed it in the early 2000s.

    Either way... cannons aren't usually how I measure a quarterback.
    He can throw the ball 70 yards. Don't know what your talking about when you say his arm strength is overrated
    Smothered Chicken!

  16. #110
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    I've always viewed Brady and Manning as pretty even in arm strength. Neither of them as super elite in that category.

    Here's the thing, arm strength starts to give diminishing returns. Oh you can throw the ball 80 yards? Who gives a F, no one on your team can run that far. Oh you can throw it 100 mile per hour? Again who cares, no one on your team can catch it. Once you reach a certain plateau in the NFL of arm strength it matters less and less, Luck is on that plateau, he is where he needs to be for this category. It's nice to have the extra strength, it can help you a little when throwing on the run or under pressure, but it's not essential. I mean heck, look at some of the throws Luck has made on the run, they have been burners.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #111
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He can throw the ball 70 yards. Don't know what your talking about when you say his arm strength is overrated
    You need to re-read my post, because you completely misread me. I didn't say "his" arm strength is over-rated. I've been one of the proponents of Luck's arm strength on this forum for months, or have you not paid attention, lol. He's got damn good arm strength. If anything, Luck's arm strength is under-rated.

    My point was, arm strength on the whole is over-rated, there's a lot more to quarterbacking than arm strength. People like OlBlu seem to hang their hat completely on arm strength.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-27-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  18. #112
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    I can't do it anymore. I really can't. I'm sorry, but OlBlu, **** OFF! Go troll somewhere else. I don't give a **** anymore if the admins decide to keep you around and ban me. I can't enjoy the board anyway so if that's what they decide to do, then they deserve to have you. If someone has to be the sacrificial lamb to tell you to go to hell and get the **** out of here and leave us the hell alone then let it be me. You're nothing but an attention whore troll despite your constant blathering that you aren't a troll and you're being "picked on". You know full well what you are doing and in fact love the fact that people end up posting about you and to you instead of discussing the topic at hand. You're just some loser with a deep seeded desire to feel important and this is how you do it, by attempting to make the posters here pay attention to you. I realize that by making this post, I'm giving you EXACTLY what you want. But you know what, that's OK. You won't have to worry about me anymore as long as you're here. I'm calling you out for the troll you are. **** you and the troll horse you rode in on you ****ing trollfaced troll!

    Infraction +1. (or more maybe, but it's all true and I don't regret a word so lecturing me isn't gonna help much...)

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  20. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Dude, use the ignore user feature

    No one is worth getting banned over. You are a good poster, do not get banned for something stupid like this.

    -VA

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  22. #114
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to re-read my post, because you completely misread me. I didn't say "his" arm strength is over-rated. I've been one of the proponents of Luck's arm strength on this forum for months, or have you not paid attention, lol. He's got damn good arm strength. If anything, Luck's arm strength is under-rated.

    My point was, arm strength on the whole is over-rated, there's a lot more to quarterbacking than arm strength. People like OlBlu seem to hang their hat completely on arm strength.




    sounded like that you were saying that Luck's arm strength was overrated.
    Smothered Chicken!

  23. #115

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always viewed Brady and Manning as pretty even in arm strength. Neither of them as super elite in that category.

    Here's the thing, arm strength starts to give diminishing returns. Oh you can throw the ball 80 yards? Who gives a F, no one on your team can run that far. Oh you can throw it 100 mile per hour? Again who cares, no one on your team can catch it. Once you reach a certain plateau in the NFL of arm strength it matters less and less, Luck is on that plateau, he is where he needs to be for this category. It's nice to have the extra strength, it can help you a little when throwing on the run or under pressure, but it's not essential. I mean heck, look at some of the throws Luck has made on the run, they have been burners.
    I always gave the advantage to Brady when talking about arm strength but what does that matter when most of Bradys career was about the short throws and most of Mannings career was the bombs to Marvin and Wayne.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    your the one who says the absurd stuff, you can't back up anything you say. It's all BS
    Just to summarize Olblu thinks that Luck would be a BUST but has also said that he thinks he would be a decent QB in likes of Kerry Collins. Which one is it I don't know?

    Either way apparently Cam Newton was his QB of the next generation and there off to the same miserable start the Colts are and he has more TO than Luck.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.

  24. #116
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sounded like that you were saying that Luck's arm strength was overrated.
    Actually.... not really, lol... you just skimmed over it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  25. #117
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually.... not really, lol... you just skimmed over it.
    haha i did
    Smothered Chicken!

  26. #118
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,606

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arm strength is overrated. When was the last time a "howizter" won a SB? Favre in 1997? Maybe Kurt Warner in 2000? Warner could air it out, but I never really considered him to have a Favre-like cannon.

    How many "cannons" have been in the NFL since Favre entered? I can think of.... just a few. Stafford... Cutler. Supposedly Flacco can throw a heater and a bomb, but you just never see it. Brady can throw it, but it didn't seem like he really hammered it or bombed it in the early 2000s.

    Either way... cannons aren't usually how I measure a quarterback.
    Aaron Rodgers? Ben Rothlisberger? Those two guys have SB rings

    As far as who's in the league....Jay Cutler, Stafford (whom you mentioned) Vick still has a cannon as well.

    Edit: I'll also agree that Arm Strength is way overrated. Most QB with monster arm's fail to work hard on other parts of their game (accuracy, ball placement, footwork, etc) because they've always gotten away with just zipping the ball past defenders.

    Look at Cam Newton. Dude has a GUN for a right arm. But, he often makes throws that aren't catchable because of poor footwork.

    Pretty much 90% of the league can chuck the ball 70 yards down the field. But its the times when you need to fit a ball into a tight window when a team is in man coverage, that's when arm strength is most important. And that's truly how you gague a QB's arm strength.

    I think Luck has maybe an above average arm. Pretty good, but probably not top 10. But you don't need to have a top 10 arm to be a top 10 QB. In fact, I think the harder luck tries to throw the ball, the less accurate he is. On that INT against the Jags, he tried to zip a pass into tight coverage, and COMPLETELY overthrew the intended receiver. However, when he's on the run and is more worried about the DE that's chasing him, and less worried about how much zip to put on the ball, his arm seems pretty strong. Luck may be one of those QB's that just throws better on the run (Jake Plummer, Matt Schaub, Elway, Rodgers to name a few)

    Once Luck masters ball placement, his lack of "elite" arm strength (Rodgers, Big Ben, etc) won't matter. Hell, it hasn't really mattered all that much anyways (with the exception of that interception against the Bears)
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 09-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.

  27. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    For those curious, here are Luck's projected stats (thanks to ESPN), compared to Peyton's rookie stats, and, for a more contemporary comparison, Matt Ryan.


  28. #120
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aaron Rodgers? Ben Rothlisberger? Those two guys have SB rings

    As far as who's in the league....Jay Cutler, Stafford (whom you mentioned) Vick still has a cannon as well.
    Okay I missed Rodgers. Roethlisberger.... I guess you could throw in there, although I've always regarded his strength as his ability to improvise and extend plays. He does have a decent arm, though. I still stand by my point, though, that having a cannon for an arm isn't really a requirement for success.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  30. #121

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you watching? I have seen floaters that take forever to come down. Now Trader Joe says that was because he was hit when he threw them and I haven't had time to look into that yet. I just haven't seen that arm strength you talk about and I was watching for it because Sims and Parcells both said he couldn't make that throw.... and he can't.....
    What are YOU watching? He's made some passes with precision you normally see with a seasoned veteran. He's on pace for more than 4,000 passing yards. He has more TD's than INT's. That's all I care about. If you want to see a QB throw a ball the length of the field go watch an Arena Football game.


    Or you could go sniff Manning's jock while he throws a 10 yard dart on the final play of the game when his team needed 70 yards to win.

  31. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are YOU watching? He's made some passes with precision you normally see with a seasoned veteran. He's on pace for more than 4,000 passing yards. He has more TD's than INT's. That's all I care about. If you want to see a QB throw a ball the length of the field go watch an Arena Football game.


    Or you could go sniff Manning's jock while he throws a 10 yard dart on the final play of the game when his team needed 70 yards to win.
    Yees, he throws those dink passes very well. He is going to have lots of yards, he is chucking it 50 times a game or so.... How about yards per attempt? I don't have to go to the Arena League to see a good long pass, all I have to do is tune in to RGIII...... ...

  32. #123
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    OlBlu isn't a Colts fan, he's a 'Skin fan and Bronco fan. No need to keep feeding the troll, he's just lookin' for a reaction to his absurd comments.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  34. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OlBlu isn't a Colts fan, he's a 'Skin fan and Bronco fan. No need to keep feeding the troll, he's just lookin' for a reaction to his absurd comments.
    I was a Colts fan in the early 1960s. I still am but I do realize how inept their management is. I also see how inept their coaching staff really is. I also see that the "most pro ready QB in NFL history" is merely another in a long list of "can't miss" prospects. I see good things from him and I see many bad things too. What I see about RGIII is that he is a superstar right now..... ...

  35. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Luck so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OlBlu isn't a Colts fan, he's a 'Skin fan and Bronco fan. No need to keep feeding the troll, he's just lookin' for a reaction to his absurd comments.
    I also am not a troll. I state reasons for my opinions. I try to look at everything and I don't drink the Irsay Koolaid.... ...

Similar Threads

  1. Luck vs. RG3
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  2. Wish me luck...
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
  3. With this luck...
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Good Luck Al
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:31 PM
  5. 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •