Thread: Luck so far

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you've been paying attention to how many easy passes have been dropped too?
    Everyone drops passes on a bad team. Have you kept track of all of the underthrows and throws behind recievers? Luck will get to throw enough to get lots of yards but his percentage will be low and I expect his interceptions to go up as the league catched up to him..... I also expect some big ugly pass rusher to end his season or cost him games. RGIII has always run the ball, he will handle it. Luck won't......

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Luck has the better Total QBR. One of the best in the league.
    Well golly now I'm confused. You mean Luck's QBR of 82.0 is better than Griffin's 69.3? And for the record I don't really care either way as both are going to be excellent QBs in this league.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I also expect some big ugly pass rusher to end his season or cost him games.
    I hope not I've always thought Peyton would be able to retire with dignity and not in a wheel chair.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Theisman said today that he foresees NFL teams just targeting RG3 even if he gives up the ball. Keep hitting him to knock him out of the game which makes sense.
    They would be idiots not to.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Well golly now I'm confused. You mean Luck's QBR of 82.0 is better than Griffin's 69.3? And for the record I don't really care either way as both are going to be excellent QBs in this league.
    I was talking to OlBlu?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I watched the game last week, and Griffin's sacks were because the Bengals blitzed and Griffin didn't get it out to the hot receiver. Also like I said earlier, since they cut the field in half, sometimes it's harder to protect the QB bc the defend knows they only need to cover one side of the field.

No your o line isn't perfect, but I'll trade you the Colts line in a second!! Honestly there are prob 5 teams with a great line from left to right. Every team has holes.

RgIII averages like 65 yards a game on be ground, that's still over 120 yards for the back! That's good man. Take it from fans that get excited about a 5 yard gain, your run game is great.
    That and our TE and RB could not pick up the blitz to save their life.

We have improved a lot in the last couple of years, but I still see our O-line as weak. We will see how things go this week, esp since it just brooke on twitter that Helu was sent to the IR

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see OlBlu is back. Well that was nice while it lasted.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

So much for fun
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    So much for fun
    If you consider fun making any absurd statement you want without anyone calling you on it, then, yes, the "fun" is over.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't let those absurd statements go by without responding with 2 of your own, can ya Blu.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Can't let those absurd statements go by without responding with 2 of your own, can ya Blu.
    Except mine are not absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I was talking to OlBlu?
    Yeah, I know my friend. I try to avoid using the green font.
    Last edited by RWB; 09-26-2012 at 02:14 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Except mine are not absurd.
    Hahahahaha stop it.

And this conversation/thread has DERAILED

Banned
    Mood

And this conversation/thread has DERAILED
    Why? Just because someone has opinions different than yours? I have been reading what you all have had to say for a month without commenting. In my opinion it was all pretty boring. If you cannot make a logical argument to back up your opinions, that isn't my fault. Perhaps there is a flaw in your opinion. Have you ever considered that.....

Why? Just because someone has opinions different than yours? I have been reading what you all have had to say for a month without commenting. In my opinion it was all pretty boring. If you cannot make a logical argument to back up your opinions, that isn't my fault. Perhaps there is a flaw in your opinion. Have you ever considered that.....
    No this thread has derailed because it's turned into personal bickering as opposed to talking about a certain topic.

As far as whose opinions are "logical" and whose opinions arent; that is all a matter of opinion as well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Perhaps there is a flaw in YOUR opinion, have you ever considered that? You know, considering most people here tend to disagree with you...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Perhaps there is a flaw in YOUR opinion, have you ever considered that? You know, considering most people here tend to disagree with you...
    That is easy to explain. This is a Colts board and many are Colts fans and they let their fandom overcome their good sense. I too am a fan but I have been watching for almost 50 years and I have seen ups and downs and numerous supposed phenoms that never were. Yes, I consider that I might have a flaw and I sure hope that I do because I see the Colts in for a long haul just to get back to respectibility. I hope I am wrong and I certainly think about it all of the time. I expect most people here to disagree with me because I am looking with a critical eye.....

Banned
    Mood

No this thread has derailed because it's turned into personal bickering as opposed to talking about a certain topic.

As far as whose opinions are "logical" and whose opinions arent; that is all a matter of opinion as well.
    Well said....

That is easy to explain. This is a Colts board and many are Colts fans and they let their fandom overcome their good sense. I too am a fan but I have been watching for almost 50 years and I have seen ups and downs and numerous supposed phenoms that never were. Yes, I consider that I might have a flaw and I sure hope that I do because I see the Colts in for a long haul just to get back to respectibility. I hope I am wrong and I certainly think about it all of the time. I expect most people here to disagree with me because I am looking with a critical eye.....
    Perhaps you are giving your critical eye too much credit? Let's face it. So far the colts have done lots better than you have suggested. Won 1 and lost 2 with the last loss by a hair. Four wins still looks pretty doable.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Perhaps you are giving your critical eye too much credit? Let's face it. So far the colts have done lots better than you have suggested. Won 1 and lost 2 with the last loss by a hair. Four wins still looks pretty doable.
    I think they are right on pace to win the two games I suggested. I was giving them credit for beating Jacksonville twice. They didn't do that and will probably lose to them twice. Minnesota gave them a gift and if a defender had not stumbled they would have lost that game... They found a way to lose that last game. Very bad teams do that......

Hate to point out idiotic sentences but the hardest throw in football isn't the long ball olblu it's the out route from a pinned boundary side towards the field side. It's the most often picked off and requires the most arm strength...you are off base my friend because luck has zipped that ball in a special way consistently

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Hate to point out idiotic sentences but the hardest throw in football isn't the long ball olblu it's the out route from a pinned boundary side towards the field side. It's the most often picked off and requires the most arm strength...you are off base my friend because luck has zipped that ball in a special way consistently
    What are you watching? I have seen floaters that take forever to come down. Now Trader Joe says that was because he was hit when he threw them and I haven't had time to look into that yet. I just haven't seen that arm strength you talk about and I was watching for it because Sims and Parcells both said he couldn't make that throw.... and he can't.....

What are you watching? I have seen floaters that take forever to come down. Now Trader Joe says that was because he was hit when he threw them and I haven't had time to look into that yet. I just haven't seen that arm strength you talk about and I was watching for it because Sims and Parcells both said he couldn't make that throw.... and he can't.....
    Your assessment of arm strength aside, Luck has looked has looked good behind a struggling o line and a non existent running game. Instead of recognizing that he's doing more with less, you'd rather say he's going to suffer an injury bc of his o line or you want to talk about what you perceive is a lack of arm strength. No Lucks arm isn't Cutler, Rodgers, Flacco elite. But that's not the sole ability that makes a QB special, or even makes them good.

I've been critical of Luck and his lack of accuracy on short throws, and his turnovers. But the guy is a ROOKIE playing against defenses that know we can't run. The fact he's putting up 300 yds and hasn't even really played well through the duration of an entire game yet, speaks for itself.

If you don't like Luck, that's fine, you've made your point. But why continue to make the sane point over and over? We understand your assessment of Luck and the Colts by now in your eyes they suck and have no hope.
    But a lot of other posters don't think that, so just agree to disagree and let it go.

Or just find something else to nitpick about Luck lol

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: