Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jags-Colts

Default Re: Jags-Colts

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts will go 8-8 this year, watch
    That would be awesome actually considering.. but I still stand by 4-12 either way its an improvement from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    On the bright side, we just helped our draft chances...
    Its sad but I am happy with this team either way. Lose and the colts get better talent next year. Win and the colts build on their success.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That play calling before the fieldgoal pissed me off, why not try something else? safe calling almost lost the game for the Colts last week and lost it for them this one.

And why not play deep if you know the other team is out of timeouts and has not time to do s***?
    Actually they only used all their timeouts because of those run plays right before our FG attempt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Choke special. Nearly second in two weeks. Criticisms of 2nd half offensive approach both games are spot on.

Positives:

Luck - outside the INT looked pretty good and already has consistently shown his capabilities in 2 - minute/pressure situations

Hilton - Nice to see him get involved with some big plays; too bad for the penalty on the one 30 some yard punt return; if he stays healthy gives us an explosive threat

Run game - NOT! Was thinking it might have started clicking a bit in the latter part of the game, but after further review I'm chalking it up to Jags defending pass at that time; however, did think the O-line was pretty good on pass protection, at least relative to other two games

Negatives:

Everything else

Vinatieri?: What is he now 2/4 on 40 or less FGs? And one of those makes yesterday was barely in. Sorry. Know he was once automatic and clutch, but at this point in his career I say he's no more than adequate. It's a crap shoot on every other kick now.

Defense: Don't care how decent you perform on all but two plays, you can't allow those types of one-strike big plays; absolute back breakers and the second one was straight horseshit in that situation of the game - straight choke.

Tough to lose like that period, but especially one of the handful you know are legit winning opportunities.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

6. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's incredible just how good Luck is three games into the season. Yeah, the interception was awful, but those things are going to happen. But man he can play. He has been so poised leading drives at the end of games. And I can't believe how athletic he is. If he can just get by with running and scrambling this season while he is still young, hopefully we can begin to shore up the line this off-season so he doesn't have to do that for the rest of his career.

This sucks. We should be 2-1. But we now have two weeks to prepare for Green Bay. We likely won't win, but it would be nice to give the Pack all they can handle.

If we won yesterday, we would have had a better record than the Pats, Steelers, and Broncos.

When I was watching the Giants-Panthers game, the announcers mentioned that everyone on the Giants' offensive line has been in the NFL for at least 7 years. No wonder the Giants are so good. They created such big holes that a no-name running back was able to torch the Panthers for over 100 yards and two touchdowns. And Eli had all the time in the world to pick the Panthers D apart. We have to improve our line this offseason.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.

The people complaining about the running plays at the end are wrong IMHO. It forced Jax to burn timeouts, left less than a minute left, and put the fate of the game on the foot of your clutch veteran. And didn't Brown end up a yard away from getting the first down in 3rd down anyway? It's not the offensive strategy's fault the defense had another inopportune collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    That would be awesome actually considering.. but I still stand by 4-12 either way its an improvement from last season.
    at this stage, i'd rather they struggle. we need more quality players. drafting higher allows a better chance of getting those guys. granted, it is easier to acquire them in the nfl than nba but still, the chances are better.
    so i am ok with losing for now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    The people complaining about the running plays at the end are wrong IMHO. It forced Jax to burn timeouts, left less than a minute left, and put the fate of the game on the foot of your clutch veteran. And didn't Brown end up a yard away from getting the first down in 3rd down anyway? It's not the offensive strategy's fault the defense had another inopportune collapse.
    Sorry. I disagree. When your defense has proven over and over again that they can't get a stop when its absolutely NEEDED, then you play for the touchdown, not the field goal. Every time. The old adage that you "take the points and rely on your D to stop them" doesn't apply to a team with a D like the Colts have.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Ouch, 1st pick of the 2013 draft can't get here quick enough. Trade it for multiple picks will be a great boost with a FA offseason with tons of cap will be a huge improvement.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Sorry. I disagree. When your defense has proven over and over again that they can't get a stop when its absolutely NEEDED, then you play for the touchdown, not the field goal. Every time. The old adage that you "take the points and rely on your D to stop them" doesn't apply to a team with a D like the Colts have.
    Being more aggressive was definitely the way to go. Even if we hasn't scored a TD; another first down in that situation wins us the game because JAX was out of T.O's.

A screen pass, a simple slant or curl route, anything over 8 yards essentially a wins the game and yet we choose to run it 3 plays in a row. Cowardly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Those refs were terrible. They called 11 penalties on the Colts and only 6 on JAC.
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned

How about going for it on 3 and 1? Luck is big enough to get one or two yards right?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Being more aggressive was definitely the way to go. Even if we hasn't scored a TD; another first down in that situation wins us the game because JAX was out of T.O's.

A screen pass, a simple slant or curl route, anything over 8 yards essentially a wins the game and yet we choose to run it 3 plays in a row. Cowardly.
    They were out of timeouts because the Colts ran the ball, and its not ridiculous to think the defefense could have stopped a qb who before his last pass had nine completions for 75 yards.
    Last edited by Natston; 09-25-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not uncommon for young, inexperienced teams to not have a good grasp of putting their foot on the throats of their opponents. The fact that we're outplaying teams for large chunks of the game is really a good sign for the future once these guys "grow up" so to speak. Not gonna be the case 3 games into a new regime.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    They were out of timeouts because they ran the ball, and its not ridiculous to think the defefense could have stopped a qb who before his last pass had nine completions for 75 yards.
    This is true. But I would much rather end the game with the ball in my possession while going for a win. Heck just last week we were able to get the ball down the field and put ourselves in position to win in about 40 seconds or so; so anything is possible.

Also, 2 of our top corners were hurting and not able to go back into the game. It was a tough position to put our 4th and 5th string DB's when we didnt have to.

They should have called a few screen passes to get ball outside, being aggressive and still running time down.
    Smothered Chicken!