Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL PD NBA 2K13 TEAM UP THREAD

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OFFICIAL PD NBA 2K13 TEAM UP THREAD

Btw congrats on your Xbox trophy

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you wanna come back I'm sure CGG and someone else will play with you.

Mend that broken heart

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 weeks later, the denial...sorry, a little late. I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt despite what Ryan told me, but you decided to "not get pulled in."
    Dude, come on. I told you the truth, you don't believe it, so now you're going to call me a liar? In public no less? That's so damned rude. I don't deserve that from you.

Sent a PM days ago with no response, but now that it's out here you want to play innocent...no. Maybe you're being truthful, and maybe you aren't.
    I am absolutely being truthful, and I'm more than a little offended at your accusations to the contrary. That is totally unfair to me.

I stopped playing with you, I didn't want to talk about it, so I just shut up about it because I was done. After you started making these chippy comments, even then I initially was letting it go, but when you kept it up, I wanted to at least set the record straight that yes I WAS reading it and it DID bother me, but no I was NOT interested in a tit for tat. But you just seriously crossed a line by calling me a liar, and I'm not going to ignore that.

One of you is hiding behind the other, and at is point I don't care who's lying to me about the driving force behind this, and i doubt you care if i believe you or not, so just drop it. You apparently think I want to argue with you. I don't. That would accomplish nothing.
    I'm not lying, and I don't see where Ryan is lying. My choice was to no longer play with you. His choice was to kick you off the team. He didn't ask me if I wanted you to stay or go, I didn't ask him to keep you or to kick you. There's no lie there.

As a matter of fact, I don't care if you play with them or if you don't. That's between all of you. If you want to play, and they want to play with you, GO AHEAD. Kicking you out was never my idea or my intention or my call. I just wanted to refrain from playing with you, and I stick to that. But you guys go ahead and play; why not? There's no rule that says it has to be all of us or none of us. He can make you or whomever a captain and you can play whenever. It doesn't matter to me.

What does matter to me is you calling me a liar, and that's absolutely unjust and I'm offended by that.

I realized that I'd hit my limit with you when I got frustrated enough to start snapping at you in the party chat, so I decided I wasn't going to do it anymore. I was also burned out from playing team up in general, so I stopped playing entirely for a bit. Later, I got the itch to play again, but still not with you, so I start playing again with some of the others. Then a few days ago, Ryan tells me you were kicked off the team. That was the first I knew he was even thinking about doing it, and here we are.

And if you really never wanted to argue about any of this, you should have not come in here with a bad attitude after you were kicked. That part is on you.

Like they said, this is clearly not the place for who did what to.
    Too late; you already called me a liar after they said something to you. This was your choice to go this direction.

why so serious?
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Btw congrats on your Xbox trophy
    Thanks. Going to try for the repeat next season.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Dude, come on. I told you the truth, you don't believe it, so now you're going to call me a liar? In public no less? That's so damned rude. I don't deserve that from you.

No...I would say rude would be the non-response from the PM I sent you Monday morning, giving you one last chance to deny it...explaining that if you didn't deny it, I'd have no choice but to believe it. But...you let it continue to fester,and after 2 weeks, you decide you want to talk after, as you just said, "I called you out in public. If it were you on the other end of this, you'd be annoyed, too.

I just said I have absolutely no proof that you're lying to me. I stated that repeatedly in this thread, so everyone would know that. But this is a "he said she said" situation, so what I believed is what I believed.

If I owe you an apology for accusing you, then you owe me one for allowing me to believe it for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-30-2013 at 01:33 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I'm just about beside myself right now. First this nasty attitude, and now passive aggression? This kind of communication is why I decided to stop playing with you in the first damned place, and even after I stopped playing, I'm still getting it from you here, and now I'm being called a liar on the eve of a sudden commitment to not wanting to talk about it anymore. That's like smacking someone in the face immediately before you don't want to fight anymore. Unbelievable. You are just being plain ugly here.

no, the passive aggression is because I was asked to stop by moderators. Now you're pulling me back in.

Would it make you feel better if I went and deleted all my posts concerning you? Wish granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    No...I would say rude would be the non-response from the PM I sent you Monday morning, giving you one last chance to deny it...explaining that if you didn't deny it, I'd have no choice but to believe it. But...you let it continue to fester
    Huh? A PM on Monday? Not that I recall. I'll check now to see if I'm missing something. No, I don't see anything.

Actually, I think I know why that is. Days back, I had put you on my ignore list, but curiosity got the better of me when I kept seeing you comment here, so I took you back off to look at what was being said. You must have sent it when you were on the list. That is what it is, but I didn't ignore it because I didn't even know it existed. Unfortunately, it added fuel to your fire.

As for this 'one last chance to deny it' stuff, sorry, I don't get to be guilty until proven innocent. That's not how it works, and frankly, I wouldn't bother with some stupid cover up over a 2K team up. That's just absurd. You know damn well I haven't had a problem telling you exactly how I feel in years past, and I wasn't going to suddenly start lying about it now. The only difference now was I decide to try to just drop it, and obviously I've failed to do that.

,and after 2 weeks, you decide you want to talk
    If you're referring to my reply about not getting pulled in, I only even bothered to say that much because I saw where you were telling the admins that I probably wasn't even reading what you had been posting. As it was, you were only half correct; I had put you on ignore, then I stupidly decided to take you back off to see what the fuss might be about as I kept noticing you responding here. That was my mistake.

after, as you just said, "I called you out in public. If it were you on the other end of this, you'd be annoyed, too.
    Annoyed or not, that's no excuse to be so nasty about it. I failed to completely walk away, but other than that I haven't done anything wrong.

Huh? A PM on Monday? Not that I recall. I'll check now to see if I'm missing something. No, I don't see anything.

Actually, I think I know why that is. Days back, I had put you on my ignore list, but curiosity got the better of me when I kept seeing you comment here, so I took you back off to look at what was being said. You must have sent it when you were on the list. That is what it is, but I didn't ignore it because I didn't even know it existed. Unfortunately, it added fuel to your fire.

As for this 'one last chance to deny it' stuff, sorry, I don't get to be guilty until proven innocent. That's not how it works, and frankly, I wouldn't bother with some stupid cover up over a 2K team up. That's just absurd. You know damn well I haven't had a problem telling you exactly how I feel in years past, and I wasn't going to suddenly start lying about it now. The only difference now was I decide to try to just drop it, and obviously I've failed to do that.

If you're referring to my reply about not getting pulled in, I only even bothered to say that much because I saw where you were telling the admins that I probably wasn't even reading what you had been posting. As it was, you were only half correct; I had put you on ignore, then I stupidly decided to take you back off to see what the fuss might be about as I kept noticing you responding here. That was my mistake.

Annoyed or not, that's no excuse to be so nasty about it. I failed to completely walk away, but other than that I haven't done anything wrong.
    ...you're not going to let this go, are you....

This isn't going to be settled here. It just isn't. Let it go. This is an amazing string of coincidences that all seem to favor you, and if so, then fine. But if you were going to ignore me (and for what reason on Pacers Digest I have no idea as to my knowledge we haven't gotten into one argument on this forum in almost ten years), then you should have gone about it differently.

The root of all this is, despite the fact I was long since burned out by the losing, it was still my team as much as anyone else's. I started this team-up idea years ago because I wanted the forum to have a team where anyone could jump in and participate in competitive situations in a competitive league without having to fear being cut on a whim. Not once in three years as leader did I ever cut anybody. This year I asked Ryan to be the team leader because I wanted to avoid being put in positions where I had to be looked to for leadership, but apparently that was misplaced trust. You and Ryan both knew that, and Ryan absolutely knew that I'd take this personally.

Did all of the losing turn me into a volcano? Yep. Guilty on that. I was also constantly being poked and prodded by the guy I asked to lead the team (and handed the team over to), to give my analysis and come up with solutions to our problems. ****, %99 of the time, my response was "nobody wants to hear my opinion of why we're losing," but I kept getting asked, didn't I? Because someone had to break the awkward silence when we were down 35 in the 4th quarter, and it always had to be me. Ironically, the same guy that kept asking me to talk was the one who stabbed me in the back for talking.

But I'm not going to defend myself as far as what I said. I have absolutely no tact, and despite my intentions, I realize any analysis I ever give comes across as rude and mean-spirited. Don't get me wrong, I stand by every word of it, but I know and understand the frustration with the way it was said. I even sent an apology to you of all people (which you never read) for driving you away for the 16th time. But I always explained and made very clear that nothing I said was ever meant to be taken personally. This was made personal. If you think you'd be happier not playing with me, that's cool. I respect that. Telling me I have no right to be on the team? That's different.

If I had any regrets, it was getting robbed of the chance of continuing this:

and this

and this

We had a good thing going. We finally found something that worked. We were winning games, against quality opposition. I would have gladly played one game a month just to play with those guys, on that team.

On that note, why have we not gone back to that once in over a month? We've been losing games at a ridiculous clip for what, 3 years now? 4 years? We had a .667 winning percentage with the 1993 Hornets! Murph was averaging 30ppg with two role players! Nobody thought that it might be a good idea to see that through, even without me?
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-30-2013 at 03:27 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I'm telling you what I did, and I'm giving you my point of view. If it sounds made up to you, then it sounds made up to you, but it's the truth.

I'm not lying, and I wanted to make that as clear as I can.

If you and Ryan decide to play again, that's cool. It just means I'm not going to join you if/when that happens, which I think we can all agree is fine, and that was how I felt from the day I decided not to play with you. He can decide for himself what he wants; it's his team.

All I have wanted since we last played team up together was to not have to have any more unpleasant exchanges with you. Unfortunately, we've managed to do that again, but hopefully now that's over with. You've explained your side, and I can see where you're coming from, and I think I've explained my side, so hopefully this'll be the end of it. Peace.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I'm telling you what I did, and I'm giving you my point of view. If it sounds made up to you, then it sounds made up to you, but it's the truth.

I'm not lying, and I wanted to make that as clear as I can.

If you and Ryan decide to play again, that's cool. It just means I'm not going to join you if/when that happens, which I think we can all agree is fine, and that was how I felt from the day I decided not to play with you. He can decide for himself what he wants; it's his team.

All I have wanted since we last played team up together was to not have to have any more unpleasant exchanges with you. Unfortunately, we've managed to do that again, but hopefully now that's over with. You've explained your side, and I can see where you're coming from, and I think I've explained my side, so hopefully this'll be the end of it. Peace.
    Fair enough. And I re-sent the PM from Monday, just to show that I sent it. You don't need to respond to it; It covers most of the same ground from tonight anyway.

Obviously there's no going back for me. I knew that the moment I got kicked I'd never play on the Digest team again, because the instant that happened the bridge between myself and the guy in charge of the team was was incinerated. You couldn't pay me enough to play on the same team with Ryan again. Obviously I've long since burned the bridge with you, so that makes two burned bridges between myself and two of the three biggest regulars. There's no way to make this work, so what's done is done.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-31-2013 at 05:32 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Life goes on!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

On tonight. Had a good night weds despite having to forfeit one game due to connection issues. Lets get back to it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Life goes on!
    Seriously? **** off. You're the one that caused all this.

You're the one that told me "if you weren't here Hicks would still be playing."

You're the one that booted me off the team after throwing a hissy fit when I called you out after you clearly weren't playing and you were passing out of wide open breakaway layups just to be a dick. Funny how the guy that gets outscored 30-2 (when he's using Paul freaking Pierce) boots anybody at all.

You're the one that claimed the day I confronted you about cutting me that it was a team issue, when in reality it turns out that it was just you going on a power trip. Two weeks later? Total 180.

...and you're the one still with a team after all of this, after your colossal failure of leadership. And you've essentially torpedoed your own team's chances of winning games over a personal vendetta with me.

I'm at the point where I really do want this team to win some games, in spite of what I think of you.

It's done and over with, and I accept that nothing can be done to fix this, but spare me the sarcastic ********. That's all I have left to say to you.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-01-2013 at 01:20 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Creeks friend has joined our team. Got a few wins last night

Sports Logo Sports Logo