Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably taking a transcript, also probably making sure that Manti doesn't look too bad because the fact he obviously lied regardless of whether he knew about the hoax in the first place is being completely overlookd by the media. Ok so he fell in love with a twitter account for 3 years, doesn't change the fact that once he knew in early December he kept it going for another month.

Oh twitter account you so sexy. Oh stranger's voice on the phone, you're my beloved girlfriend.
    No according to him he didn't know it was a hoax until 2 days ago via what Schaap just said this story is so freaking weird.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Hold on. Schaap said Teo wasn't sure it was a hoax until 2 days ago. That sure as hell isn't what Swarbrick said.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hold on. Schaap said Teo wasn't sure it was a hoax until 2 days ago. That sure as hell isn't what Swarbrick said.
    I could of been hearing thing I had class all day and tired as **** but pretty sure he stated that she called him early December or something like that claiming she was hiding out from the drug deals but was fine and still loved him. He didn't fully know until the story broke 2 days ago according to what I heard but maybe I am just hearing things completely possible.

EDIT: I wasnt hearing things

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Manti Te'o told Schaap that he was not fully convinced the woman didn't exist until two days ago.

I had the same reaction you did this kid is finished I couldnt believe halve the dhit coming from Schaap main reason I thought I was hearing things. Talking out of his *** Teo and Schaap.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well he's either (most likely) digging an even bigger grave by continuing to lie, or really might be the dumbest person alive. I feel like ESPN is buddying up with him, I'd rather he be interviewed at large.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Banned

Man this guy is bsing everybody.

Sounds like the lawyer did a ****** job

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Apparently Manti Te'o would like us to believe he is the dumbest mother ****er alive over whatever the alternative is

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Well he's either (most likely) digging an even bigger grave by continuing to lie, or really might be the dumbest person alive. I feel like ESPN is buddying up with him, I'd rather he be interviewed at large.
    Schaap is a serious *** kisser you can really tell that by all the excuses he is making for him and saying he sounded convincing. I guess going hard after someone who trashed your family name can really boost your career like Schaap did with Bobby Fisher.

Schaap just said Tuososoapa or whatever meet up with Teo at USC and meet with a 9 year old cousin of his GF who died.

This just keeps getting more lol
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-19-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

omg...i feel like Schapp is talking out of his *** too. Good lord there are so many conspiracy theories I have more belief in than T'eo's nonsense atm.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

So let me see what Te'o would like us to believe.

Meets gf once? Claims he fell for it for THREE years.

GF dies of leukemia.

GF suddenly ressurects and says she is running/hiding from drug dealers. Manti thinks this sounds pretty plausible, however he doesn't tell anyone? Forget getting her help you run from those drug dealers baby, I'll keep your fake death going in the media!

Finally figures out he is duped 2 days ago when he has no choice.

I mean is this his timeline? Does he really expect us to believe this?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

So did ND or did they not hire a private investigator to clear his name?

Swarbrick is probably puking right now.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ate-girlfriend

Some real gems in here.

Te'o said he didn't know for sure that "Lennay Kekua" never existed until Wednesday, when Ronaiah Tuiasosopo called Te'o and admitted he was behind the hoax.
    Te'o said he received a direct message from Tuiasosopo on Twitter where Tuiasosopo said he was the perpetrator, along with one other man and a woman.
    "Two guys and a girl are responsible for the whole thing," Te'o said. Asked who they are, he said: "I don't know. According to Ronaiah, Ronaiah's one."
    He lied to his father about having met Kekua, prompting his father to tell reporters that the two had met. Several media stories indicated that he and Kekua had met. Te'o insisted they never did.
    A group of people, including a woman claiming to be Lennay, showed up at the team hotel for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the lobby of the hotel. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14.
    Te'o said he "catered" his stories so people would think he "met her before she passed away."
    "I knew that -- I even knew that it was crazy that I was with somebody that I didn't meet," he said. "And that alone people find out that this girl who died I was so invested in, and I didn't meet her as well."
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.

I really don't know what Te'o knew, didn't know, and at this point I don't care really. One thing is painfully obvious, he's not a very bright kid either way.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8859212

Try and watch the last couple minutes of this without laughing your *** off.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8859212

Try and watch the last couple minutes of this without laughing your *** off.
    It really is hilarious. To me Te'o is just a joke at this point. How could you trust this moron to lead your defense in the NFL?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

So did ND or did they not hire a private investigator to clear his name?

Swarbrick is probably puking right now.
    I would guess he is packing up his office. Sheds tears over a lying media hungry player and lets kids rape girls without even questioning the kid. ND clearly doesn't have their priority straight he should of cried over the death of that girl and the death of the cameraman put in unnecessary danger.

You know nothing says full disclosure and completely coming clean like an interview behind closed doors with no video cameras present with your lawyer by your side. Amirite?

Mood

You know nothing says full disclosure and completely coming clean like an interview behind closed doors with no video cameras present with your lawyer by your side. Amirite?
    Agreed Lance didn't look believable last night at all but at least he agreed to do it on camera so we could tell he wasn't believable With Teo we just have to go on his background which isn't to good now.

Teo would of looked terrible on camera though could of been even worse

I think that is the thing that irks me the most. His pious, holier than thou quote of the interview about "forgiving him". Look you still lied Manti. You lied about meeting her, you lied about being in love with her. It was all an act one way or the other. It's just a matter of how much you knew you were acting. He is not the humble superstar anymore. He's just another liar, admittedly an extraordinarily hilarious and dumb liar that will hopefully continue to provide years of entertainment to my TV, but a liar nonetheless.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton
    Manti Te'o on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo: "I don't wish an ill thing to somebody. I just hope he learns. I think embarrassment is big enough."

My favorite gem of all...

Teo should of patented himself I would pays tons of money for this kind of entertainment.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-19-2013 at 02:34 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton
    Manti Te'o on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo: "I don't wish an ill thing to somebody. I just hope he learns. I think embarrassment is big enough."

My favorite gem of all...

Teo should of patented himself I would pays tons of money for this kind of entertainment.
    lol I mean he seriously has to know he's being shown in every aspect to be a complete tool, they're not laughing with you towards Tuiasosopo, or caring about him at all.

I mean he's relegated to a biased, off-camera "interview" to a guy bowing before him, and he thinks that guy is being embarrassed?

I think my favorite is this little gem:

"He tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and FaceTime on several occasions, but the person at the other end of the line was in what he called a "black box" and wasn't seen."
    Last edited by Cactus Jax; 01-19-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Mood

Later that day, Te'o was told Kekua had died from leukemia. He said he was in the Notre Dame locker room when he got the call.

Te'o said he stayed in contact with Kekua's family after her death. Then months later, on Dec. 6, Te'o said he received a phone call from the number Kekua had used. He answered and a woman's voice on the other end said there was something she needed to tell him, but it could wait until after the national title game on Jan. 8.

"I said you have to tell me now, because if you don't tell me now, I'm still going to think about it," Te'o said. "... She said, well, Manti, it's me. That's all she said. And I played stupid for a little bit. I was like, 'Oh, I know it's you, U'ilani (Kekua's purported sister). What do you mean?' And she's like, 'No, Manti, it's me.' "

Te'o asked who "me" was.

"She said, 'It's Lennay,' " he said. "So we carried on that conversation, and I just got mad. I just went on a rampage. 'How could you do this to me?' I ended that conversation by saying simply this: 'You know what? Lennay, my Lennay, died on Sept. 12.' "

After the interview, Te'o showed Schaap Twitter direct messages from Tuiasosopo that contained an apology for orchestrating the hoax.

Te'o was asked what he thought should happen to Tuiasosopo.

"I hope he learns," Te'o said. "I hope he understands what he's done. I don't wish an ill thing to somebody. I just hope he learns. I think embarrassment is big enough."

He added: "I'll be OK. As long as my family's OK, I'll be fine."
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ate-girlfriend

from the ESPN article)
    Quote:
    • A group of people, including a woman claiming to be Kekua, showed up at the team hotel for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the lobby of the hotel. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14.
    WTF LOL

One of the most pressing questions over the last few days was why Te'o didn't visit the supposedly ailing Kekua in the hospital. Schaap posed that to Te'o, who said, "It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school."!

This guy is so full of ****.

good read by yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ma...043012320.html
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-19-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I would guess he is packing up his office. Sheds tears over a lying media hungry player and lets kids rape girls without even questioning the kid. ND clearly doesn't have their priority straight he should of cried over the death of that girl and the death of the cameraman put in unnecessary danger.
    What the **** are you talking about? Rape? Really? I realize that you think you know everything (except how to properly use "should have" instead of "should of"), but come on. Melodrama galore here.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What the **** are you talking about? Rape? Really? I realize that you think you know everything (except how to properly use "should have" instead of "should of"), but come on. Melodrama galore here.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_797677.html

Ya and BTW the kid who allegedly did it is still on the active roster.

Pat Forde talked about it today on the DP show give a listen

5min mark
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-19-2013 at 03:04 AM.