Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a 140 character limit on direct messages. One of those is way longer than 140.
    I just looked at my dm's and several of them are displayed as a message larger than 140 characters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

When you message someone, is your avatar on the right or left? Mine is always on the right. No matter if I message the person or if the person messages me...

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That's an important question. Does anyone know if deadspin has addressed what made them start digging?
    My understanding is they started digging for the same reason everyone saw "red flags" but did nothing, they couldn't find obit, speak to family, find crash records, no Lexis Nexis record, nothin'. That may be the saddest thing about all this, very poor journalism, if you can even call it that.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    When you message someone, is your avatar on the right or left? Mine is always on the right. No matter if I message the person or if the person messages me...
    Mine is left.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Mine is left.
    Ok cool. So who knows.

Oh well. It doesnt really matter anyways.

I just find this entire story very hilarious.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ate-girlfriend

from the ESPN article)
    Quote:
    WTF LOL

This guy is so full of ****.

good read by yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ma...043012320.html
    I just read the WHOLE transcript (it is long)

Unless I missed it, Teo says it did NOT impact his play in the NC game

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-jeremy-schaap

I thought you had to be smart to go the Notre Dame.

Then again, USC was his second choice

I believe he was hoaxed, and he lied to cover his *** (look at the reaction some are giving him for having an online GF). Which I still think is stupid because in 2011/2012 online relationships are more and more common

I think he should have sidestepped all questions after Dec 6, or simply gave a "no comment" when asked.

That or he is gay and this is his cover.

EDIT: Deadspin is looking worse and worse IMO. They got a LOT of details wrong, and while I get that is par for the course the 80% confident quote keeps coming back to me. Plus I heard a journalist say on the radio 80% is a ******** number 80% basically means I am guessing and hope I am right

He also says that she asked him for his bank acct #. That is interesting as it does now provide the "what is in it for the hoaxer" explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah at this point I don't believe that you guys are even real, how do I know I'm not getting hosed by the same person on this forum? are all my haters just one person after all? are Cdash, Nuntius, Xbulletproof and Since86 the same person playing some sick joke on me? .......
    I'm going to be honest with you and to hell with the consequences. You're close enough to the truth to just tell you- Those people are really Lennay Kekua and Lennay runs Pacers Digest.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I posted it as a joke yesterday, but I am more and more serious.

There is money to be made on a Manti Teo twitter story movie.

Every time I think it cant get weirder, it does.

First she is dead. Then she is dead. Then she is running from drug dealers.

On a more serious note, and I want to believe Manti, but I have one HUGE problem. I can get past looking at online obituaries, I can get past not seeing her ever (on FT or SKYPE), but I CANNOT understand why you never visit your sick GF. I mean, if you care about her why the hell not visit her. And some if the time she was in the hospital he was on summer break.

That along makes me question that maybe he knew it was a scam before he is letting on.

That, or he is one of the dumbest and heartless people ever. I always google family members when they pass (to post links on facebook and via email) but I sure as hell would hope I would visit a sick GF, even if we only met on the internet.
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 01-19-2013 at 06:24 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    What's the obvious tell?
    If they were actual tweets or direct messages the end of the story would be at the top and the start would be at the bottom, but right now it is backwards. Tweets that start sentences come before those that end them as you read down when it should be the other way around.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    There is a 140 character limit on direct messages. One of those is way longer than 140.
    This too

Ok, yes folks, online relationships are more and more common.

However, online relationships for 3 years where you never actually see someone's face are not.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

However, online relationships for 3 years where you never actually see someone's face are not.
    Like Since, my girlfriend has dragged me into watching Catfish (but I'll admit I started to at least be kind of interested in the outcomes) and I would say it's not uncommon for a long relationship based only online.

Think about it, you meet online, you believe it's love, you just stop after a year because you haven't met? I mean, you've gone this far. I think it's crazy that someone could get back with a cheater, but people do it. Why wouldn't you still be in love with someone that is saying maybe they're just afraid to meet you? It's not a betrayal. If you can fall in love with someone you haven't met, it's not out of the question that you could let it drag on for years.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

His justification for this was weird.

It was on and off, and we did not meet as early as media are saying

Also, I have only received on DM (I am not a huge fan of twitter) but I swear mine was really, really, really long.

From yahoo answers, and I know this is far form official "I believe if it longer than 140 characters, some apps will use twitlonger to make the messages longer. Officially it is 140 characters."

From twitter:

note about DM fails: Your service provider may split SMS messages greater than 160 characters into multiple messages. In this case, the second message will post as a normal Tweet because it doesn't begin with d username, as the first message did. Please be careful to ensure that your messages are under 160 characters, including the d command and username.

https://support.twitter.com/articles...-messages-dms#

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Like Since, my girlfriend has dragged me into watching Catfish (but I'll admit I started to at least be kind of interested in the outcomes) and I would say it's not uncommon for a long relationship based only online.

Think about it, you meet online, you believe it's love, you just stop after a year because you haven't met? I mean, you've gone this far. I think it's crazy that someone could get back with a cheater, but people do it. Why wouldn't you still be in love with someone that is saying maybe they're just afraid to meet you? It's not a betrayal. If you can fall in love with someone you haven't met, it's not out of the question that you could let it drag on for years.
    I know this is me judging because I was in college and did stupid **** all the time, but to me if you do that you are just not very smart. You have to ignore a LOT of red flags

http://www.knoe.com/story/20632285/r...e-and-teo-case

CARSON, Calif. (AP) - When Notre Dame football star Manti Te'o ordered two dozen white roses delivered to 21503 Water Street, he says he thought they were headed to the home of his dead girlfriend, Lennay Kekua. In fact, the man implicated as the ringleader of a false-identity hoax and many of his relatives have lived in the single-story, stucco bungalow, according to publicly available records and interviews with neighbors.

Water Street, in a working-class community 13 miles south of downtown Los Angeles, adds another element to the Te'o-Lennay Kekua hoax: the house six doors down, at 21403 Water, belongs to a family named Kekua - an uncommon Hawaiian name but the same one as the fictitious girlfriend at the center of the ruse.

Two members of the real Kekua family told The Associated Press they had never heard of a "Lennay Kekua."

The Kekua fabrication came to light Wednesday, when Deadspin.com revealed that the story of Te'o's girlfriend dying from leukemia last September was a fake - because Lennay Kekua never existed.

Deadspin suggested Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was the person responsible for carrying out the hoax. Te'o said Friday he had been contacted by the 22-year-old Tuiasosopo, and that the man had admitted to masterminding the scam. Members of the Kekua family and others in the neighborhood told the AP on Saturday that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo had lived at 21503 Water St. and has visited it since moving out about a year ago.

The AP reviewed a compilation of documents about the property from a variety of sources, such as real estate and bankruptcy records.

In specifying where he had sent the roses, Te'o said Friday in an interview with ESPN that he still didn't know who lives at 21503 Water Street or of any possible connection between the address and the hoax.

But he did say he knew the residents had accepted delivery of the bouquet. "They sent me a picture of the roses, of them getting it," he said. And they also sent a photo of the flowers that Te'o's parents had delivered "as proof" that their tribute to the nonexistent girlfriend had been received.

Publicly available records indicate that Tuiasosopo used to live at 21503 Water Street. One neighbor said Saturday that Ronaiah had lived in the house for several years, until about a year ago. Another neighbor said that in her 27 years living on the block there had always been a Tuiasosopo living in 21503, including Ronaiah, his father and an uncle, Navy.

Multiple public records indicate that Navy, who played football for Utah State and the Los Angeles Rams, was a brother of former USC football player Titus Tuiasosopo, Ronaiah's father. A neighbor said Navy had lived at 21503 until his death in 2011.

A Cadillac still registered to Navy Tuiasosopo was parked in the driveway of Titus Tuiasosopo's home in Palmdale, about 90 miles north of Carson, on Saturday. Titus is the pastor of Oasis Christian Church of the Antelope Valley in Lancaster, Calif., and Ronaiah is active in the church band, and most recently has been living with his father.

In a joint interview Saturday, Barbara Kekua, 78, said she has lived at 21403 Water Street since it was built about 50 years ago. Her daughter, Kris Kekua, 45, grew up there, and moved back two years ago, across the street to 21406 Water, to be near her mother.

The two Kekua women said they do not know why their name was chosen for the scheme.

Kris recalled that when the story of Lennay Kekua's supposed death made national sports headlines last fall, friends asked if she was related. "I'm like, 'I don't know who that is,'" she said.

Kris said she had grown up with Titus and Navy on the block.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tion-was-prank

Facebook messages from Teo to a friend where he doubts if this is a hoax. The messages are dated 2010

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A day after Manti Te'o spoke publicly for the first time since it was revealed the story of whom he considered his dead girlfriend was a hoax, a friend of the former Notre Dame linebacker came to his defense, recalling a scene from this past spring that appears to validate the purported April 28 car accident in which Te'o was told "Lennay Kekua" was involved.

John Pepelnjak, a junior political science and computer applications major at Notre Dame, told ESPN.com that he was playing video games with Te'o one night this past spring in Te'o's Dillon Hall dorm room when Te'o received an anticipated phone call from multiple males that Te'o believed to be the brothers of Kekua.

"As a close friend of Manti's, I feel obliged to tell a story about a situation that I had witnessed in which his feelings for Lennay were made very real," Pepelnjak said in a statement. "Back in late April or early May, I want to say within the first couple days following the supposed car crash, I can testify with 100 percent certainty that he spoke on the phone with Lennay's 'brothers' and that he did NOT create this hoax. Manti and I were playing video games in his room, and he received a phone call that he had been anxiously awaiting. Manti desperately wanted to understand what had happened and what kind of condition she was in."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-call-april-28

^Somebody is getting some 50-yardline seats for their senior year!

and that somebody is John Pepelnjak.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tion-was-prank

Facebook messages from Teo to a friend where he doubts if this is a hoax. The messages are dated 2010
    lol @ she claims to be a Victoria's secret model. If that is not a clue for "I'm some dude pretending to be a hot babe online" I don't know what is.
    Last edited by dal9; 01-19-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Mood

I think it's pretty simple. It's a hoax, he's a victim, but he lied after finding out about the hoax to keep from looking like a dumbass.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

The big question I have is WHEN did he find out.

2010? 2011? 2012?

Not that is matters. His name is ****. Reminds me of the Lou Holtz poem from back in the day. I cant find it but it is similar to this:

Guard Your Name

You got it from your father,
    it was all he had to give
    So it’s yours to use and cherish,
    for as long as you may live.

If you lose the watch he gave you,
    it can always be replaced.
    But a black mark on your name, son,
    can never be erased.

It was clean the day you took it,
    and a worthy name to bear.
    When he got it from his father,
    there was no dishonor there.

So make sure you guard it wisely,
    after all is said and done.
    You’ll be glad the name is spotless,
    when you give it to your son.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    He also says that she asked him for his bank acct #. That is interesting as it does now provide the "what is in it for the hoaxer" explanation.
    Ah, now that makes more sense. I just couldn't see this massive hoax without there being some sort of end game. That's a lot of effort to put in for nothing but the sadistic lulz.

And, yeah, I think deadspin may come to regret printing the 80% bit. I know it was technically credited to someone else, but they chose to include it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post: