Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Siderant

Dude, you had a college tour in 8th grade? Man, I was in the wrong middle school. I did not even think of college until like 11th grade. Then again, I traveled every 2 years. That is awesome though!

And I hate arrogant people in general, esp tour guides. At my Univeristy I had the coolest tour guide ever. She even whined about her parking tickets and said she should be allowed to drive the .4 miles to class everyday. Ok the fact she was hot as hell helped!

/siderant
    I went to a Catholic Middle School in Central Indiana. I am pretty sure we were required by something in the Bible to visit Notre Dame.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Basically Notre Dame wants us to believe that Manti Te'o carried on a year long relationship with a twitter account, only interacting with her online assuming she was real, and just blatantly exaggerated their relationship antics to the media? I'm not sure this is any better than him making the whole thing up. He seems kind of pathetic (really pathetic) if this is the case.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

To all the people who keep saying how sad of a story this is, haven't you at least considered the fact that it is just ****ing hilarious?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    To all the people who keep saying how sad of a story this is, haven't you at least considered the fact that it is just ****ing hilarious?
    Um
    Prepare for it to be more hilarious

http://teoing.tumblr.com/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Basically Notre Dame wants us to believe that Manti Te'o carried on a year long relationship with a twitter account, only interacting with her online assuming she was real, and just blatantly exaggerated their relationship antics to the media? I'm not sure this is any better than him making the whole thing up. He seems kind of pathetic (really pathetic) if this is the case.
    It sounds stupid to say, but have you watched the show Catfish? My GF has been making me watch it, prior to all of this, but it's not as farfetched as one would believe. There are a lot of people out there that do carry online relationships like this, and just delude themselves into ignoring all the flashing signs of crazy.

The MI hick who thought he was interacting with that Miss Teen USA was too good.

Te'o is a moron though. To what extent is the question.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It sounds stupid to say, but have you watched the show Catfish? My GF has been making me watch it, prior to all of this, but it's not as farfetched as one would believe. There are a lot of people out there that do carry online relationships like this, and just delude themselves into ignoring all the flashing signs of crazy.

The MI hick who thought he was interacting with that Miss Teen USA was too good.
    Yeah, but that means Manti is apparently such a poorly adjusted human being that he had to exaggerate all the things he siad they did together.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Te'o is a moron though. To what extent is the question.
    "They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

They sure made it seem like it was more than online.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Any chance he falls after that in the late 20's in the draft pick and the Colts get him? Is he a good pass rusher?

Edit: Just saw he is a middle linebacker. Not for us then.

IF he is complicit in this, then I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Colts. Even if he isn't complicit, then that means he's a complete moron. I don't want morons on the Colts. Plus whatever team he goes to is going to have a ton of unneeded media attention. Players are going to be asked what they think about him as a teammate, whether they can trust him or not, etc etc. No thank you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

If that AZ fullback claims he met her, why would it be farfetched to think that Te'o didn't "meet" her? (I'm just trying to rationalize all of it, not saying what I believe as I'm just utterly lost on all of it.)

If I was "dating" a girl who I thought had leukemia and a girl showed up with a bald head looking sickly, knowing the details of our relationship, I could very easily see overlooking the phsyical differences from the pictures you saw to the person you saw. People believe what they want to believe, and who's going to really question whether or not someone has cancer? It's just so sick to even joke about.

This just goes against everything we thought we knew about Te'o as a person. I think it's funny on a level, but it's more disgusting.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

If that AZ fullback claims he met her, why would it be farfetched to think that Te'o didn't "meet" her? (I'm just trying to rationalize all of it, not saying what I believe as I'm just utterly lost on all of it.)
    I just don't understand why they would use another girl's pictures on Twitter, why not just use the physical stand in in the pictures? Plus didn't the ND AD deny that they ever actually met?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I love that this has at no time since it broke been the lead story at ESPN.com. The rumor is that Jeremy Schaap will conduct the interview, an ESPN reporter. How can we trust anything that is said in that interview when we have info suggesting that ESPN knew for 10 days and didn't say peep?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I thought he was trying to frame the answer to just that one report about her going to Hawaii. But he also did say that they had a casual encounter (I think that was the phrase he used) so I'm just lost on all of it.

Basically Notre Dame wants us to believe that Manti Te'o carried on a year long relationship with a twitter account, only interacting with her online assuming she was real, and just blatantly exaggerated their relationship antics to the media?
    Not a year-long internet relationship, a 3-year-long internet relationship, if you believe the timeline of the South Bend newspaper that said that they "met" in 2009 after a ND-Stanford game.

Can you talk to someone for 3 years, often daily, with them becoming "the love of your life" without ever meeting them in person, finding out enough about them in your conversations that you would have seen red flags, etc.

If he was duped then he also made up lots about the length and depth of their relationship and gave lots of false info (or others did for him, and he did not correct any of it).
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I love that this has at no time since it broke been the lead story at ESPN.com. The rumor is that Jeremy Schaap will conduct the interview, an ESPN reporter. How can we trust anything that is said in that interview when we have info suggesting that ESPN knew for 10 days and didn't say peep?
    This story says a lot IMHO about the level of reporting that we have now. Wojo said he remembers looking for her obit and reports of the accident, and couldn't find either. How does that not raise suspicision from someone on the outside that has no emotional attachment to the situation? Not being able to atleast find the obit should have atleast started the questions.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Pretty good article from USA Today answering major questions http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...mplicated-plot

Confirms that Manti is a liar (because his statement and ND's statement say he never actually met her, as he claimed he had, the Stanford story was clearly always BS), but now the question becomes how big of a liar is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Can you talk to someone for 3 years, often daily, with them becoming "the love of your life" without ever meeting them in person, finding out enough about them in your conversations that you would have seen red flags, etc.
    Here's a girl who had a relationship for two years, even sending gifts worth $10,000 during that time, before she found out.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/fak...3478270&page=2

It's more common than people think, even without Te'o's story.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Here's a girl who had a relationship for two years, even sending gifts worth $10,000 during that time, before she found out.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/fak...3478270&page=2

It's more common than people think, even without Te'o's story.
    People are dumb this is true.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I went to a Catholic Middle School in Central Indiana. I am pretty sure we were required by something in the Bible to visit Notre Dame.
    I just laughed my *** off.

Point taken

I suppose I could see him having an online relationship that he doesn't know is a hoax, and him being so attached that he wants to believe it's real yet realizing people 'wouldn't understand a 'serious' relationship that exists only online'.... So he creates the lies about meetings to make people think he's not crazy for being emotionally attached in a 100% online relationship. Then the whole thing turns out to be a hoax and his lies make him look even more crazy than if he'd just told people it was a completely 100% online relationship all along.

Really... I'm just trying to make some sense of this and extend him the benefit of the doubt but no matter how you slice it, it is weird.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

this **** is LOL I agree I couldnt stop laughing reading ESPN's BREAKING NEWS last night. was something like "Teo's dead GF is fake" just LOL I never thought I would see a story like this. Most certainly the weirdest yet funniest story I have heard. I cant wait for the movie who will play Teo I hope Tom Hanks plays the AD!!

A former Stanford football player says that Te'o asked him about whether he knew the (fake) girlfriend, adding support to the idea that Te'o at least though she was real:
    http://collegespun.com/big-east/notr...x#.UPgjpSc8B8E

Then an article by a Notre Dame student named Tyler Morehead (a fake-sounding name, but his twitter account is not new and he has many older articles posted) asserts that many of Manti's friends and teammates long ago suspected he was being "catfished" and were worried for him when her "death" became a national story: http://collegespun.com/big-east/notr...x#.UPgk8yc8B8E
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I'm in love with a twitter account The Manti Te'o Story.

I mean if it's true and he was hoaxed, 3 years of twitter acount love, multiple made up stories of meeting her? Dude better have thick skin on the field and in NFL locker room because he is going to be the butt of jokes for his whole career.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm in love with a twitter account The Manti Te'o Story.

I mean if it's true and he was hoaxed, 3 years of twitter acount love, multiple made up stories of meeting her? Dude better have thick skin on the field and in NFL locker room because he is going to be the butt of jokes for his whole career.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_No..._football_team

Notre Dame played at Stanford on November 26, 2011. So did it not occur to him to say: "Hey, I'm going to be in town playing Stanford this week, maybe we could actually MEET FOR ONCE?!"

So many bizarre things would have to be true for him to really have been the victim of a hoax. I just don't buy it. OTOH, him being a willing participant in the hoax is a pretty simple explanation and makes everything believable.

This just goes against everything we thought we knew about Te'o as a person. I think it's funny on a level, but it's more disgusting.
    Yeah, but if following sports has taught us one thing, it's that athletes often aren't the type of people that they are made out to be. Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, baseball players, etc etc. Kobe also had a rock solid image before the rape allegations. I could go on and on. In reality, we really don't know anything about any of these people. We watch them play a game for a few hours a week and that's it. The media can manufacture an image of someone that often turns out not to be true.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: