Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennay Kekua is an anagram of Leukemia, spelled "Leukkennya'a" in Hawaiian.
    Really? Sorry that's not a coincidence

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree that he'd still be an ******* for fabricating the story if he is indeed gay, but is a little bit understandable as being gay is not very socially acceptable in the sports world in any real way, shape or form.

I'm just going to stop though before I look back a short time from now and see something I posted that may have been totally wrong or whatnot. I honestly have no ****ing clue at this point. This is the most bizarre story I've heard in a long time.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, it's tough to see the university coming out of this smelling like roses. Which as a Catholic is why I got so offended by the Indystar article before the championship game about how much all Catholics love Notre Dame and Notre Dame football. Either they are still telling him to hide that he is gay or they were in on the ruse all along. Either way, I am glad that 10 years ago when I first visited their campus I was in a group with the most pompous tour guide of all time who told me "Only a few of you will be "Notre Dame material" even less will have the privilege to get in". Decided that day I didn't want to be a part of the "Domers". Do I think they would encourage Te'o to cover up his sexuality? You bet your *** I do. And I think they still may be doing it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I agree that he'd still be an ******* for fabricating the story if he is indeed gay, but is a little bit understandable as being gay is not very socially acceptable in the sports world in any real way, shape or form.

I'm just going to stop though before I look back a short time from now and see something I posted that may have been totally wrong or whatnot. I honestly have no ****ing clue at this point. This is the most bizarre story I've heard in a long time.
    I agree in a sense. No doubt being gay would drop him from a top 10 pick to maybe not even getting drafted(I am sure a few teams would still take him he is a great player). But I have a problem with his cover story in the worst way. You don't make up storys about cancer and what not and then get more famous because he played great days after his Gma and "GF" died.

I dont follow football at all and really the national championship game was the only game I watched. I have a question for people who do follow the sport and ND. Was Teo NFL material back in 09?? I mean was projected to be as good as he is?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I agree in a sense. No doubt being gay would drop him from a top 10 pick to maybe not even getting drafted(I am sure a few teams would still take him he is a great player). But I have a problem with his cover story in the worst way. You don't make up storys about cancer and what not and then get more famous because he played great days after his Gma and "GF" died.

I dont follow football at all and really the national championship game was the only game I watched. I have a question for people who do follow the sport and ND. Was Teo NFL material back in 09?? I mean was projected to be as good as he is?
    Te'o was a huge recruit for ND. I think the top LB of his high school class. He was probably close to their best defensive player by his sophomore year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that he couldn't see that this was a terrible decision. Between faking a person's death and coming out of the closet, I think the intelligent decision is obvious. I don't know I knoiw I am not in his spot, but man, cancer isn't somehting to just carry on about.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

pretty sure Teo was one of the biggest recruits in the nation. He was expected to go to USC, but changed his mind to ND after watching The Dead Poets Society and talking with God. Thats what he said in his interview with Dan Patrick about a month ago. I don't pay much attention to ND so I can't say what kind of year he was having back in 09, but he was definitely a big time recruit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."
    what in the world

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Really? Sorry that's not a coincidence
    It's also not true.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

He is probably one of the most decorated linebacking recruits in the history of college football. Certainly the biggest recruit in the history of Hawaii.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    It's also not true.
    figured.

also, this is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What the **** is going on.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

It is established that she the pictures on twitter were of another girl....so is there a stand in? What is the deal here. Why use pictures of another girl on twitter if there was a stand in anyway? None of this makes any sense.

Wasn't the girl herself always real? Someone just appropriated her likeness.

Somewhere in hollywood, someone is furoiously working on the first scene in the screen play of this movie....a beautiful drop in on an autumn day at Notre Dame University as the irish prepare to fly out to face the Stanford Cardinal.......

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Wasn't the girl herself always real? Someone just appropriated her likeness.
    The girl who's picture was used on twitter was another girl who didn't know what was going on and had known Tuiasosopo in high school according to deadspin. She however says she never met Te'o. So Te'o couldn't have ever met a physical stand in to fool him, so he was in on it or just really, really, really gullible.

There's always the chance there was a hoax that led to a delusional relationship that either existed entirely in fantasy or existed with embellishments (either delusional or designed to create a persona and a life he wished he was leading (happy, outgoing, w/beautiful GF)) (Is he introverted and shy in his personal life). Then maybe the hoaxer decided to pull the plug when he realized it was getting out of control and death seemed like a way to do it.

...Although I'm skeptical of that... But the whole thing is so weird that that is about the only way I can see extending any benefit of the doubt.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

How have we gone this far without this

Easiest explanation

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Somewhere in hollywood, someone is furoiously working on the first scene in the screen play of this movie....a beautiful drop in on an autumn day at Notre Dame University as the irish prepare to fly out to face the Stanford Cardinal.......
    The ending of the movie will be a giant mind-f..k with the viewer unsure if what he just saw was real or fantasy... fade to black... roll credits...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The girl who's picture was used on twitter was another girl who didn't know what was going on and had known Tuiasosopo in high school according to deadspin. She however says she never met Te'o. So Te'o couldn't have ever met a physical stand in to fool him, so he was in on it or just really, really, really gullible.

I just meant that couldn't Maula have actually met this one girl? And just assumed all the other stuff was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The ending of the movie will be a giant mind-f..k with the viewer unsure if what he just saw was real or fantasy... fade to black... roll credits...
    What happens in the middle? Well I guess that is what we will find out between now and the draft. Because rest assured the NFL will get all of this out in the open.

I just meant that couldn't Maula have actually met this one girl? And just assumed all the other stuff was true.
    But the one girl didn't go by this name...

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    There's always the chance there was a hoax that led to a delusional relationship that either existed entirely in fantasy or existed with embellishments (either delusional or designed to create a persona and a life he wished he was leading (happy, outgoing, w/beautiful GF)) (Is he introverted and shy in his personal life). Then maybe the hoaxer decided to pull the plug when he realized it was getting out of control and death seemed like a way to do it.

...Although I'm skeptical of that... But the whole thing is so weird that that is about the only way I can see extending any benefit of the doubt.
    I'm almost starting to think this. The gay story wraps everything up with a nice bow on top, but maybe it's a combo of delusion and narcissism or something. In that case it doesn't really have to all add up.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

I'm almost starting to think this. The gay story wraps everything up with a nice bow on top, but maybe it's a combo of delusion and narcissism or something. In that case it doesn't really have to all add up.
    Well that was my initial reaction, if you wathc him when he is speaking aout her death, he is so calm. Almost like a psychopath.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I was just texting my supermodel girlfriend in Paris about how messed up this is, and how badly I feel for Te'o.

I wish she'd get her webcam fixed though. Thing's been broken for two years.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post: