Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Well you said you could see getting hoaxed, I can't see getting hoaxed for this long. Wasn't his quote in the past that she had come to Hawaii? Now the story is they were supposed to meet but she never showed up?

He must think we are all dumb.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This whole "met" thing, how stupid do they think we are?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

I just have a hard time believing you'd fake your fake gf's death the same time as your grandmother's. Just a bizarre situation.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Notre Dame better tell the truth or they are all going to get shown the door, and noone will want to go to Notre Dame anymore. I would think they would be smart enough to seperate themselves from him if he is indeed a liar.

Te'o is either a huge douche beyond words or really taken advantage of in a horrible way.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Yeah that article from the Trib is damning. How deep is the rabbit hole.

Honestly the gay thing is the only story tht makes it make even a tiny bit of sense for me.

I could see how this could spiral out of control from little white lies they would tell when they first got together. When talking of the bf say "she" everytime instead of "he." But he becomes a national star and reporters start sniffing around and they try to nip things in the bud with a supposed death. They didn't consider that the media would latch onto the death as a heartwarming angle on his Heisman campaign.

I'd bet that this will end with a very public and embarassing coming out of the closet. And honestly that makes it more "meh," to me. He wouldn't have been lying to advance his career, but out of shame.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

He didn't think the death would be positive for his Heisman candidacy? Tough for me to swallow that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole "met" thing, how stupid do they think we are?
    Totally agree and theses quotes basically make the "we meet" as a misunderstanding impossible. Because his dad claims to have meet her.

from that article idioteque posted

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.
    "They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.
    So his Dad is basiclly saying she was with the Teo family several times in Hawaii. You really cant get away from that quote as a "misunderstanding" he basically says he meet her
    "And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."

WOW! yes everyone was in on it. I would just read that quote to Teo tomorrow what could he say back?? Just sick and disgusting should of came clean. Now this will drag with him much longer the cover up is just as bad as making the fake story.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Well you said you could see getting hoaxed, I can't see getting hoaxed for this long. Wasn't his quote in the past that she had come to Hawaii? Now the story is they were supposed to meet but she never showed up?

He must think we are all dumb.
    I called my dad before this broke. His quote to me was "No way that is true, unless the whole state of Hawaii was in on it".

Sadly, dad may be more right then anyone cares to admit......

I agree about the time. No way he doesnt even want to see her in 3 years. But then his dad says they met in Hawaii. Then he says the shook hands.....so screwed up of a story

He didn't think the death would be positive for his Heisman candidacy? Tough for me to swallow that.
    I dont buy that angle. I never thought he was in the running, but that did not heat up until like halfway through the season.

Then again, if this was all planned......

Yeah, I got nothing

FWIW,

I could see the dad exaggerating....or even assuming his son was telling the truth and running with it.

Regardless, as I get ready to crash tonight I know one thing for sure

Manti's stock in the NFl draft just took a huge hit, and I hope we get a clear answer soon. Though like SIG I could see him coming out, which would be a shame that in 2013 sports are the last place that barrier has not been broken.

Not that it ever makes a stupid hoax acceptable, esp when it gets weirder and weirder by the minute

I would guess one of them made it up in the heat of the moment. There are only so many ways to make a supposed girlfriend disappear in a way that makes it both impossible for reporters to talk to her and insensitive for them to badger the family too much.

Assuming they were gay and they had reporters curious to talk to his gf, what else can they say to prevent being found out? She either has to suddenly die or get kidnapped or something . . . of course it would have been easy to have a female friend pretend, but perhaps they didn't want to trust anyone with that secret.

So far I think it makes the most sense. And I don't think a friend carries out a prank for that long. Most hoaxes like that are put on by strangers conning money.

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs
    Theory about why Manti did what he did has reached NFL team circles and if true absolutely explains his actions.

If this theory is true, Manti would end up being one of the most important stories in history.

Honestly even if this was some kind of scam and he is a stone-cold sociopath, once he sits down and thinks about this he'll see that the gay story is the way to go. He'll come out confess his love talk about how ashamed and scared he was . . . some will see him as a hero. Let it all marinate awhile . . . and then book deal!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Theory about why Manti did what he did has reached NFL team circles and if true absolutely explains his actions.

If this theory is true, Manti would end up being one of the most important stories in history.
    also if he is gay no doubt it would hurt his draft stock dont blame him for hiding it if true. That is the only real explanation that makes complete sense. Why not just hire a ND girl or something like that as a GF. Making the story up for her death isnt necessary.

But no doubt especially in the NFL if teams knew he was gay it would hurt his NFL draft status.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know if he got fooled or not.

I do know that Jack Swarbrick just said all parties involved knew well before the BCS title game. Guess what they did a feature on before the title game, and involved Teo.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

can anyone confirm the story I heard on twitter earlier that ESPN sat on this story for 10 days?

anyone hear that anywhere else

EDIT: P4E, I agree. Befriend a hot chick and just hang out with her. Dont even have to tell her you are using her. I am most confused about why the killed off the fake girl

and what is Notre Dame's end game? Were they fooled? How deep does it go?

Mood

There are two options....either Manti Te'o all American linebacker unkowingly fell in love with a twitter account run by his good friend who happens to be a dude, which makes him a pathetic loser.
    Hey!! That hurts...I fall in love with fake twitter accounts run by dudes all the time, it's so easy.

But seriously...the "Teo being gay" thing wraps everything up in an easy package. He needs to come out with the truth, whatever it is, instead of continuing to dig a hole. No one is buying that he was hoaxed. I didn't think his draft stock could get any worse after the Alabama game...2013 has not been too kind to him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he is indeed gay, it will be the biggest story in sports for a long time. There has never been an athlete so popular, and as well known prior to his NFL career seeing how NFL teams react to him. This is a completely different story if he is indeed gay. It affects every player and coach out there, and would really drop his NFL status.

That would be the best case and probably makes most sense answer, at this point. I can see where he would be scared to admit he's gay at a Catholic school of institution, and I can see where Notre Dame would let him make the confession tomorrow before saying anything themselves.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Sports Logo

ND's end game was hype. I wish someone would have had the balls to ask Swarbrick about Lizzy Seeberg.

Now, before we judge, or make jokes, soberly remember that a girl who never existed is dead.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-16-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Lennay Kekua is an anagram of Leukemia, spelled "Leukkennya'a" in Hawaiian.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Breaking News: Brian Kelly also takes Eagles job.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Breaking News: Brian Kelly also takes Eagles job.
    Not sure if joking or not but that was Chip Kelly of Oregon who took job.

It's Chip Kelly.

Honestly, if he is gay I don't know what to make of this. He's still an ahole.