Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Notre Dame Football Thread

Notre Dame's players have executed poorly, but the coaching staff sure isn't helping them out any. This game plan has been baffling. The offensive play calling, which I realize by now has been thrown by the wayside, has been puzzling all night long.

Well what a bitter ending to a great season but like the Colts I didn't expect them to get this far...

Was hoping for a more competitive game but maybe this will be someting that ND can hopefully look back as a learning experience(I hope)

These have been a bad two days sportswise(Colts eliminated and ND falls short)

And the Pacers play Miami tomorrow.. just great..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Notre Dame looked like a Pop Warner team and Alabama was a team of ringers with forged birth certificates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Manti showed some great intelligence to shoot gaps in the o-line, but he looked small and not quite as quick as he needs to be when he actually got a chance to down runners in the backfield. Certainly it's just one game, but not a great sign for his pro career.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Taio played like ****, but then again so did everyone else on D. They looked rusty and lost...

still damn proud of this team. Never even dreamed of 12-1 and a trip to the NC

cue all the morons cutting down ND schedule and saying we didnt belong. For all the talk of ND "bandwagonera" the haters who come out only when things are goin south for us atr really stupid and point blank ignorant half the time. Im all for some trash talking, bit ND played cupcakes all year and disnt beat a top ten team? Really?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

What was that?!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

No this wasn't a nightmare. The Irish did get spanked. I hate the SEC.

Changes at the stadium:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Brian Kelly apparently interviewed with the Eagles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...acancy-sources

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brian Kelly apparently interviewed with the Eagles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...acancy-sources
    That woudl be interesting.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would be interesting if ND lost Kelly at this point who they'd go after as coach. I could see them maybe going after David Shaw from Stanford, but an interview is nothing but maybe hope from the Eagles side of things. Notre Dame probably won't go to crazy in the wallet to keep Kelly if he gets enticed because of what happened with Weis.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Kelly wants to go pro his stock'll pretty much never be higher. And either way ND fans can't be THAT mad, either he stays or he leaves after resurrecting a program that was a ghost.

What a snoozefest of a "championship" game. I was on the verge of falling asleep, but thankfully Pulp Fiction was on another channel.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

"I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

amazing... wow. made up?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

dude has serious issues if true that is disgusting

Hubbawuhnow!?!??!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anyone get something from this story?
    Did he or did he not have a relationship with her? He had a girlfriend that had never met? He had a long distance relationship? WTF is going on?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

ND is calling him the victim:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

not...buying...it...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    ND is calling him the victim:

not...buying...it...
    Yeah, how could he be the victim? That makes no sense. Is this like Men in Black where someone used a device to screw up his memory or something? He was the one talking about his girlfriend:

Q. How hard was it being focused on football but knowing that there is a bigger picture

Manti Te'o: Yeah, it was definitely hard. That has to be the hardest thing that I've had to do so far; to be able to operate, and to be able to try to continue with my daily routine, but knowing that I just lost two women that I truly loved. That was the hardest thing. And the other hardest thing was my girlfriend's service was the day of Michigan's game. And I remember when I found out I knew when they were going to close the casket and all that stuff, and it was during walk thru. And I remember I asked Coach Diaco, "Coach, what time is it?" And he said, "It's 12:01." And that would be 9:00, 9:01, California time and 9:00 is when they closed the casket for my girlfriend, so I had a moment then. But I've never felt so strong; especially strong, and I never I could never thank the student body and the fans around the world for their all love and all their prayers and support. I truly felt all of that and it's helped me to get through these past three weeks and I'm truly grateful and I'm truly humbled, and I said I can't thank them enough.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/s...100412aaa.html

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Wow. Just. Wow.

I am hoping he lied because he was embarrassed. If he is in on it he is done.

He is either an idiot or scum.

Especially sine he will need to answer who he was talking to on the phone.

Rumor on the twitterverae os ESPN sat on this story for 10 days

rumor 2 is this is a cover up for a homosexual relationship. I dont buy that, but who knows

His statement:
    "This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

(pure speculation).....

I think he was in on this from day 1,

someone with his permission created a fake girlfriend, and fake was just fine with him since since, well...he doesn't date females (and that's OK, except to Heisman voters and people running a Catholic school)

Then they got the idea of publicizing her "tragic death" to help his Heisman chances

and yet somehow they didn't really think this one through.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

As dubious as it seems, in this day and age where a huge number of relationships (including me and my wife), begin online, I'm not ready to say this is impossible, by any stretch.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    As dubious as it seems, in this day and age where a huge number of relationships (including me and my wife), begin online, I'm not ready to say this is impossible, by any stretch.
    If you read the whole thing it is. He said he met her on several occasions and then now in his statements says that isnt true. Why does he go public with her death if he never met her? This whole story is like a fiction movie really puzzling and for sure a 30 for 30 will be made about this day. Dude doesnt finish 2nd in the Heisman without this story IMO.

If what dead spin wrote is true I would take him off my draft board if im a GM.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post: