Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Vikings - Colts

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Vikings - Colts

Keeping in mind that this was the Vikings...I thought the defense played very well. Much better then I expected. Freeman, Mathis, Bethea, Powers, Davis, Conner and Redding where all on the beastly side and Fokou had a few impressive plays as well. Very good coverage, pursuits and tackling was nice to see. To hold AP and Gerhart to 3.5 ypc is amazing, I didn't think this would be the case. For quite awhile AP was averaging like 5 ypc while looking really good and I was just waiting for him to bust a few big ones off, but the Colts just wasn't going to let it happen. The offense was much less impressive as a team but Luck did do a really good job. Avery was money and I hope he continues to stay healthy. The running game was just terrible. You can blame the O-Line all you want and I will not disagree about the O-line, but Brown has to be accountable. Take his 15 yard rush away and he was 15 for 30 yards. I don't think I have ever seen such a bad performance by a running back. He couldn't even block worth a crap. The dude has to go after this year. The 2 kickers was awesome as usual and McAfee was kicking awe inspiring.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

To think that Minny is the worst team we will face this season is a stretch. We will win games by beating lesser teams, by beating teams that have turnovers at inopportune times, by beating teams underestimating the colts, by beating teams decimated by injuries, etc. There are all kinds of reasons that good teams lose so to think we are not going to win a fair share is laughable.

The colts are not the worst team out there.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Luck has looked impressive within the two minute offense in the few opportunities that he's had to run it, but the Vikings were in the very same "prevent defense" that the colts were playing when they gave up the TD. ((I don't remember if the Bears were in the same type of defensive setup when the Colts were marching down the field for the FGA.)) You said it yourself, being in prevent defense is a quick way to allow the offense move down the field. With that said, getting us in FG position in 30 seconds is pretty awesome -- I'd be Pi$$ED if I were a VIking fan lol.
    I don't recall Minny going to prevent until maaaaybe the final :30 drive that Luck conducted. The other 20 points were all legitimate drives against a non-prevent. I mean, I have no idea why Minny would have went to prevent, they were behind the entire game.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-17-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

It reminds me of basketball teams on offense when they have the lead late in a game. They change. Usually for the worse.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, Minnesota would of had no chance to get back in this game if the Colts didn't go into the "prevent offense" half way through the third.

Trying to sit on a 2 score lead that early in the game? What a joke. Arians better grow some balls or at least show a little trust his QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I don't recall Minny going to prevent until maaaaybe the final :30 drive that Luck conducted. The other 20 points were all legitimate drives against a non-prevent. I mean, I have no idea why Minny would have went to prevent, they were behind the entire game.
    Lol no no, that's what I meant! The final drive of the game--they were in prevent. They played a lot of man coverage through most of the game, though they were in 2-deep zone with Wayne's TD

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay, but Indy went prevent waaaaay before Minny did.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice coverage of the game:

The comment below the vid remarking about the throw he made at the 2:30 mark is dead-on... that throw was ridiculous. You won't see anyone outside of Aaron Rodgers making a similar throw. To do that as a rook.... holy smokes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    Honestly, Minnesota would of had no chance to get back in this game if the Colts didn't go into the "prevent offense" half way through the third.

Trying to sit on a 2 score lead that early in the game? What a joke. Arians better grow some balls or at least show a little trust his QB.
    It's not about trusting Luck, it's the other young players on the field.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

I understand that but you have to let them grow, in game. I'd rather the game have been close due to young player mistakes (which I'd hope they'd learn from) than from going conservative too early.

They at least could of tried running somewhere besides right up the middle...perhaps some play action would of been nice (considering the Vikings were stacking the line).

I understand their hands were also tied because of an all ready shaky line being banged up, but I still felt it was too conservative, too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    3. Dang that kids is ugly.
    Yeah - poor guy.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/college...chanec-photos/

LOL at pro football talk faking an Irsay tweet:

25. Colts: Wee wun ar gaim! TRADES WINDZ STILL BLOWING!!!!! HATPICKKC!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-3/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Really? People feel compelled to call Luck ugly? He looks pretty average to me.

Mood

I try not to judge another guy's looks, not that there's anything wrong with that...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He looks like a football player, not a GQ cover model. Sorry Pats fans. Well, actually.... I'm not.

You can tell by his beard that looks aren't real important to him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    He looks like a football player, not a GQ cover model. Sorry Pats fans. Well, actually.... I'm not.
    Larry Fitzgerald had a hilarious tweet the other day, saying he wanted to be just like Brady....so he went out and bought some Uggs.

Don't forget that we lost that game to the Jets in large part because of Caldwells incompetence. 12 year olds playing Madden understood clock management better than him.