Thread: Trade Deadline - Pacers/NOH

Default Trade Deadline - Pacers/NOH

I want to start off by saying that this isn't just another Gordon trade thread.

NOH have to make a decision by next season. I honestly think Rivers playing point will be as successful as Tyreke playing point. I don't think it's gonna end well. So, Rivers wants to start and his natural position is sg. That means, that I def think Gordon will get moved at some point. Maybe not this season, but def by the trade deadline next season.

However, if the fall/winter stay hot, I could see a big trade by the deadline that should help cool off planet earth and set things right again.

I think Granger will play much better than he has in the past 2 seasons. He's honestly has to or he'll lose those touches to PG, West & Hibbs. Also, to that end, I don't think Granger will be happy having to spread the wealth. Talk is one thing, but when he sees his touches dip further and further down, he's not going to like it.

So, by the trade deadline, I could see a Granger + DJ (I think this guy is def gonna be trade bait) for Gordon + Pick (top 5 protected).

Why it makes sense:

For NOH
    -Doesn't hurt that Granger is from NO. Granger will also get his shots
    -DJ will get to start again and rack up dimes feeding Rivers, Lance and the soon to be ROY.

For the Pacers:
    -I think PG at the sg spot is nice and all, but I think he's getting too tall for the position. If the Pacers want to ensure his legs don't go to crap defending shorter and quick players, they'll want to move him over to the SF spot. Plus, PGs handles just aren't going to develop enough to be a full time sg. SF makes the most sense.
    -Gordon comes back home. He's a gamble, but the Pacers seriously need to make a huge gamble if they ever want this team to be a serious contender. I know getting to the playoffs is fine for management, but it's not for the fans. We want to contend for a title, and a move like this guarantees it...so long as Gordon stays healthy. And I think he will stay healthy since he won't have to do most of the heavy lifting like he had to for his previous teams.
    -Lance would then have to slide over to the backup pg (no I don't think the Pacers are done letting him play point) position unless the Pacers sign Ahearn or someone else out of the DLeague. Lance and Green would split duties as backup sg. Pacers still have a lot of flexibility with guys able to play multiple positions.

The pick could also help out the Pacers. They could package that to go after a PF. Perhaps a sign and trade with ATL for Josh Smith in the offseason. I'm not sure how expensive he'll be, but with West coming off the books & Hans, he might be worth it. I don't see him getting more than what he's making now, $12M. He's not a franchise player, so I just don't see him getting more.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade Deadline - Pacers/NOH

If I was too make a trade that made no sense to NOLA this would be it no offense. You don't rebuild by trading your 24 year best player for a 29 year old especially when your entire roster is all under 24 makes 0 sense smart rebuilding teams dont do that then throw in a pick?? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was too make a trade that made no sense to NOLA this would be it no offense. You don't rebuild by trading your 24 year best player for a 29 year old especially when your entire roster is all under 24 makes 0 sense smart rebuilding teams dont do that then throw in a pick?? LOL.
    I disagree with you there. Every roster needs some quality vets. Granger would bring that along with a great work ethic and attitude.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

I dunno. I'd say they'd want young talent, like George. Gordon was the main piece in the CP3 trade, they won't trade him for a 1.5 year rental of a one time all-star who won't get them anywhere.
    I don't think it makes sense for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love this trade for us (getting the best player by far AND what could easily be a top-10 pick) for an older vet who is declining and a backup-caliber PG... but it totally sucks for New Orleans.

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but what about Granger for that other Hornets SG with PG skills: Austin Rivers?

I don't think the Hornets wouldn't be interested in Granger but the question is, is Granger willing to stay in New Orleans when he could get a chance to play for a team from LA.
    Gordon and Anderson are getting close to their prime and a talent like Davis doesn't need 4 years to develop into something useful, so I could see the use for a veteran SF who still has approximately 5-6 years left.

?/Gordon/Granger/Anderson/Davis that ain't bad at all and I think they might be already too good this year to get another top 8-10 pick

The Pacers get younger and address a glaring weakness: creating offense.

Gordon for Granger is a downgrade for the Hornets so they would need something better than an unrestricted FA in return IMO
    The pick doesn't belong in there at all.

It looks pretty bad for the Hornets. Granger+George for Gordon+Aminu might be closer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post: