Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

You haven't seen an NFL QB's arm, because you don't see reality. It's some sort of alternate reality. The Blulight Zone.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You haven't seen an NFL QB's arm, because you don't see reality. It's some sort of alternate reality. The Blulight Zone.
    The difference between RGIII and Luck is the difference between a BB gun and a cannon....... I can see that.... ...

Peyton doesn't need to be 2004 Peyton for these Broncos defense looks decent and they do have a running game. As long as he's good they have a shot. I mean the AFC is pretty mediocre beyond the Texans

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Peyton doesn't need to be 2004 Peyton for these Broncos defense looks decent and they do have a running game. As long as he's good they have a shot. I mean the AFC is pretty mediocre beyond the Texans
    What about New England, Baltimore and San Diego? ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Heck I don't think Cincinnati is exactly a push over. Dalton has been freakishly good so far this season. Also can't ever count Pitt out, even if they aren't quite as strong as they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Heck I don't think Cincinnati is exactly a push over. Dalton has been freakishly good so far this season. Also can't ever count Pitt out, even if they aren't quite as strong as they used to be.
    Best ginger quarterback ever?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I still don't think any of them will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl

The forecast is for 45 degrees and rain in New England this Sunday.

It's in the 4:15 PM slot on a CBS doubleheader Sunday, so it is for the most part a national game.

The only games against it are:
    BUF @ SF
    TN @ MIN
    CHI @ JAX
    SEA @ CAR

---
    from another site, the career splits, for regular season games only:

Manning Career splits
    Indoors: 112 games, 98.3 QBR, 231:102 TD:INT ratio.
    Outdoors: 100 games, 91.4 QBR, 176:99 ratio
    Precipitation: 8 games, 83.8 QBR, 11:10 ratio
    Windy: 30 games, 82.8 QBR, 41:31 ratio
    Temp 41-60 31 games: 85.8 QBR, 51:37 ratio

Brady Career splits
    Indoors: 14 games, 103.1 QBR, 29:13 ratio
    Outdoors: 151 games, 96 QBR, 278:103 ratio
    Precipitation: 13 games, 94.2 QBR, 18:5 ratio
    Windy: 58 games, 98.4 QBR, 113:35 ratio
    Temp 41-60: 49 games, 97.6 QBR, 91:30 ratio

bottom line: Brady is better in every weather scenario. But... all QBs are better in domes, where PM has played 8X more often

similar splits for Brees have a much bigger home/road indoor/outdoor drop-off.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 10-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I can't think of a better way for Manning to say "I'm back" than beating the Pats this weekend and dropping them to 2-3.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

I can't think of a better way for Manning to say "I'm back" than beating the Pats this weekend and dropping them to 2-3.
    Is it just me or does it seem like Peyton ALWAYS has to play the Pats there and never at his place? I'll bet the record will show a lot more of those games played in New England than Indy and now Denver. The Bronks don't rate to win this game there but I think Manning will play well..... ...

Is it just me or does it seem like Peyton ALWAYS has to play the Pats there and never at his place? I'll bet the record will show a lot more of those games played in New England than Indy and now Denver. The Bronks don't rate to win this game there but I think Manning will play well..... ...
    It's all based on a formula. The Broncos were set to play in New England this year long before they got Manning.

Keep in mind that we did play them in Indy for three straight years from 07-09. That was after playing three straight in Foxboro from 04-06.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Every single game played in the NFL, and every single location for that game is set by a well-known formula based upon regular rotations between opposing divisions and your standing within your own division the previous year.

Every year people suggest the NFL gives teams a break or punishes a team. It's pure rubbish. The day after this season ends you will know, by the formula, every single opponent and where the game will be played, home vs. away.

The NFL and the networks only control the dates the games are played. They also look to move a game a year to London. That's it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Every single game played in the NFL, and every single location for that game is set by a well-known formula based upon regular rotations between opposing divisions and your standing within your own division the previous year.

Every year people suggest the NFL gives teams a break or punishes a team. It's pure rubbish. The day after this season ends you will know, by the formula, every single opponent and where the game will be played, home vs. away.

The NFL and the networks only control the dates the games are played. They also look to move a game a year to London. That's it.

There are probably quite a few people out there who will watch this Broncos-Pats game and believe that the NFL deliberately scheduled the Manning-Brady matchup.

There are lots of people who think that the NFL has arranged for the Pats and Colts to play every year, when the truth is that for something like 11 years in a row they have finished in the same rank-order slot in their division (usually 1st, but both were 2nd in 2008) all but twice. The two times were in 2002 and then last year. But every third year the whole AFC East plays the whole AFC South anyway (2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015...)

Next year there will be no Colts-Pats game unless they finish in the same rank-order slot in their division.

Then the idiots will say that the NFL dropped the games since its no longer a Brady-Manning matchup.

The tinfoil wearers always have something to grab ahold of.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Manning looked OK yesterday but the Broncos didn't seem to be in the same league as the Pats. The Pats did open the door a time or two for them with their play calls and a fumble, but the Broncos weren't able to take advantage.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

The Pats are especially dangerous right now because of their running attack.

I thought Manning looked pretty decent, though not great. But his throws seemed to have zip on them.

Broncos are 2-3, with losses to the Falcons, Texans, and Pats. Not very surprising as those are three better teams. The Broncos are about where they should be.

If you were to tell me that the Patriots, with Brady, were ever going to run the ball 54 times I would say you were nuts. To put it in perspective, the offenses of Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Buffalo didn't even run 54 plays in their games.

It was an oddity: a hurry-up, no-huddle, power running attack. I guess the normal defensive response would be to load up against the run, and then face a hurry-up, no-huddle passing attack, with the same set of offensive personnel in place. Versatility kills, and this was without the most versatile guy, Aaron Hernandez, who should be back soon.

Manning looked good though. His lack of zip on some deep throws was apparent, and they are running a lot more back-shoulder throws rather than airing it out. There isn't much run-after-catch on such throws. A caveat: Raw passing stats are not going to tell the story, since once the score gets to 31-7 late in the 3rd Q, the team with 31 is for the most part not going to pass the ball and the team with 7 is for the most part not going to run the ball.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

11 TDs/3 picks/101.2 rating at age 36 after missing an entire season due to a major neck surgery is without question impressive. He looked worse at the beginning of 08 after recovering from a knee surgery that cost him training camp and the preseason.

I still think Denver wins the division. If Manning looks this solid right now, then he will only look better mid-season.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The Pats are especially dangerous right now because of their running attack.

I thought Manning looked pretty decent, though not great. But his throws seemed to have zip on them.

Broncos are 2-3, with losses to the Falcons, Texans, and Pats. Not very surprising as those are three better teams. The Broncos are about where they should be.

I agree about the Broncos but I'm not entirely sold on the Pats they can win their division but beyond that I don't know then again their two losses were to the Ravens and Cardinals and they are both pretty good this year.

The AFC to me is wide open.

The offense of the Pats isn't the issue its the defense I find rather suspect sure they'll win a ton of regular season games but can they win it all?

Too soon to tell if at all really

I love Andrew Luck but games like this make me miss Peyton... D:

Love watching him play though, regardless of which team he plays for.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Banned

Peyton was running like crazy today, I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

He's done it at times but really the season was on the line for the Broncos they needed this win desperate times

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That play where he got out of a sack then jumped over a dude and threw for a first was amazing. I missed watching him play last year.

Manning's wife should keep a close eye on him around Jon Gruden. I think Gruden has a pining for the Sheriff
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I can't picture the Colts regretting this but I still found this hilarious

http://profootballmock.com/colts-mak...back-together/

Colts Make Late Night Drunken Phone Call To Peyton Manning, Ask To Get Back Together

October 19, 2012 ·

By PFM Staff

Originally Published Sept 13, 2012

After a night of heavy drinking, the Indianapolis Colts made a 3 a.m. phone call to former QB Peyton Manning, leaving a long, slurring voicemail in which the franchise begged the team’s former superstar to get back together again, sources close to the team reported.

“… and I was like, ‘how did you get this number? Get it through your head. It’s over!’”

“Hi, it’s us,” the Colts muttered in a quivering, barely coherent voice. “Just wanted to say that we miss you. And that we still think about you all the time. Listen we um…we know we made a mistake. And it’s tearing us up inside. Baby, come back to us, please. We were so special together. We can have that again.”

In March, the Colts released Manning, the team’s signature player since 1998, and used the first pick of April’s NFL draft to select Andrew Luck as Manning’s replacement. In his first official game this past Sunday, Luck threw one touchdown and three interceptions in a loss to the Bears while Manning was 19-26 for 253 yards, two touchdowns, and no picks as his new team, the Broncos beat the Steelers.

“We hate to see you with them,” the Colts continued, weeping in between swigs of Pabst Blue Ribbon. “They don’t deserve you. They don’t know you like we do. No one does.”

“This whole mess is our fault. We saw someone different, someone younger, and I guess we just got excited by the idea of trying things with someone new. It was a foolish, foolish decision. We know that now. But Pey, we’ll do anything to be with you again. Things will be different this time, we swear. Oh god, we screwed everything up so bad…” continued the Colts before breaking down into sobs.

According to sources, Manning played the voicemail the following day for the Broncos, who left the Colts an angry Facebook message warning them to, “stay the hell away from our man, *****es!!!!”