Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 446

Thread: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

  1. #126

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    I've seen some pretty interesting stats on ESPN, NFL and maybe somewhere else showing how his numbers on deep passes (15+ yds downfield) took quite a drop his last season here. And I've read/heard in various places also that the arm just isn't there to throw those passes right now. Will the strength return with more rehab and playing ?? I'm sure Peyton would like to know too.

    If he needs to rely on pretty much the short game, it's not going to take long for defenses to start giving him the deep stuff and dare him to throw it. Then we'll see what he's got.

  2. #127
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,725

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    I didn't get to watch his game yesterday. How did he look? I see he completed 26 of 52 passes, which is obviously a lot of incomplete throws. He had 330 yards, two touchdowns, and no picks.

    The fact is, the Broncos have simply lost to two better teams in Atlanta and Texas. You could make an argument that these are the two best teams in the NFL.

    Remember, Manning was sloppy at the beginning of 2008 after missing training camp and pre-season. So it's not surprising that he's struggling a bit after missing an entire year and moving to a new team. I still think the Broncos win the division though. The Broncos could have maybe beat the Falcons if Manning didn't play so poorly in the first quarter. But San Diego got mowed down by the Falcons and only scored 3 points.

  3. #128

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't get to watch his game yesterday. How did he look? I see he completed 26 of 52 passes, which is obviously a lot of incomplete throws. He had 330 yards, two touchdowns, and no picks.

    The fact is, the Broncos have simply lost to two better teams in Atlanta and Texas. You could make an argument that these are the two best teams in the NFL.

    Remember, Manning was sloppy at the beginning of 2008 after missing training camp and pre-season. So it's not surprising that he's struggling a bit after missing an entire year and moving to a new team. I still think the Broncos win the division though. The Broncos could have maybe beat the Falcons if Manning didn't play so poorly in the first quarter. But San Diego got mowed down by the Falcons and only scored 3 points.


    I thought he looked better at the end of the game the Broncos are flat in the 1st half but wake up in the second half. I mean he threw a 40 yd TD to Stokely it was like old times but different unis of course.

    I don't get why they don't let Peyton begin the game as a no huddle I think the team would be a lot better if they had done so.

  4. #129

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    He's looking great today of course it could very well be the Raiders Defense is really bad.

  5. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's looking great today of course it could very well be the Raiders Defense is really bad.
    Very near perfection..... ...

  6. #131

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    I really think the Raiders defense is bad though which is ironic since their HC is the former D coordinator of the Broncos.

    But their two losses were against two of the three undefeated teams left in the NFL so there's that.

  7. #132

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Manning closing in on 56,000 yards. With 407 TDs. Good for him

  8. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manning closing in on 56,000 yards. With 407 TDs. Good for him
    He added one more to his record for 300 yard games. And people thought he should retire!! I look forward to seeomg three to four more years of this kind of production. ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 09-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.

  9. #134
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,725

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Next week's game against the Pats will be huge.

  10. #135

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Its weird to see Manning vs Brady so early in the season its usually a November outing.

    Hopefully they bring it to Foxboro.

  11. #136

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He added one more to his record for 300 yard games. And people thought he should retire!! I look forward to seeomg three to four more years of this kind of production. ...

    Get real. There's a better chance of me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson than Manning putting up the same numbers when he's 39 or 40.

  12. #137

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get real. There's a better chance of me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson than Manning putting up the same numbers when he's 39 or 40.
    Whose to say, they could get better offensive personnel. Favre was effective till what, 39?

  13. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get real. There's a better chance of me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson than Manning putting up the same numbers when he's 39 or 40.
    This is a different age. Farve put up those kinds of numbers in his 40s. Farve took a beating throughout his career, Manning has not. Manning keeps himself in great shape and he wins with his mind as much as his arm and that is not going to fade. So, yes, barring injury, I expect to see him at this level for another three or four years.... ... Andrew Luck, on the other hand, will never play at Manning's level in my opinion. But, who else will either.....

  14. #139

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He added one more to his record for 300 yard games. And people thought he should retire!! I look forward to seeomg three to four more years of this kind of production. ...
    Against the Raiders for sure but I am not so quick to forget the Atlanta game. Any team with a half way good secondary an a top notch run defense will give Manning fits.

  15. #140
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a different age. Farve put up those kinds of numbers in his 40s. Farve took a beating throughout his career, Manning has not. Manning keeps himself in great shape and he wins with his mind as much as his arm and that is not going to fade. So, yes, barring injury, I expect to see him at this level for another three or four years.... ... Andrew Luck, on the other hand, will never play at Manning's level in my opinion. But, who else will either.....
    You're funny. Where were you when Manning threw 3 interceptions in 5 passes against the Falcons just two WEEKs ago? I'll tell you where you were --- not here. Go figure. You only show up when the situation suits you.

    Manning has a fused neck; Favre did not. Favre didn't win a ring since 1996, so while he was entertaining, he ultimately didn't do much for the teams he hopped around to in his final years. Hint hint.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  16. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're funny. Where were you when Manning threw 3 interceptions in 5 passes against the Falcons just two WEEKs ago? I'll tell you where you were --- not here. Go figure. You only show up when the situation suits you.

    Manning has a fused neck; Favre did not. Favre didn't win a ring since 1996, so while he was entertaining, he ultimately didn't do much for the teams he hopped around to in his final years. Hint hint.
    Hint, Hint? What have you been smoking? Favre did well his first season in Minnesota. He had one of his best years ever. I was here when that Atlanta game was played. That might be the best team in the entire NFL. Yes, he threw three interceptions and had a very good game after that and Denver had a chance to win that game on the end. He was great against the Steelers (wonder what they would do to Luck, hint hint). He played almost perfect against the Raiders. I thought that Denver would be in good shape if they went 3-3 in their first six game against a tough schedule and a transition to Peyton's system at QB. I still think that. If they go 3-3 in those games, I expect them to go 8-2 or 7-3 in the last ten to make the playoffs... I also expect the Colts to continue to be inept and finish 2-14 or 3-13.... Less if Luck goes down and he probably will playing behind that line..... ...

  17. #142
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Fine, you wanna talk about Favre? Let's talk about Favre, since the Packers are probly the one team most people relate to the Colts quarterbacking situation:

    2008:
    - Favre left the Packers, briefly plays in NY, starts off hot going 8-3 and looking like GB had made a mistake... he then fizzled down the stretch, throwing a ton of interceptions and finally injurying his bicep.
    - Next season, tore it up for the Vikings. The Vikings went 12-4, and went to the AFC championship, narrowly missing the SB. It looked like the Vikings were finally on the cusp, setup for quite some time with Favre and Adrian Peterson.
    - The Packers went with a young unproven guy at QB. The Packers went 6-10 and went through growing pains.

    The Vikings were soaring high and the Packers had f'd it up. Or had they...

    ---------------------------------------------------
    2010 (a whole two years later):
    - Favre suffers shoulder injury, then concussion, Vikings limp to 6-10 record, let go of Favre, go 3-13 the next season, one of the worst teams in the league, was in the "Suck For Luck" sweepstakes.
    - The Packers won the SuperBowl, with said young unproven guy winning game MVP.

    Now, class, who can tell me which team won the "Favre" decision?

    Huh? What's that? That's the sound of air escaping uncontrollably from what used to be the zeppelin known as "Your Argument".
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  19. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine, you wanna talk about Favre? Let's talk about Favre, since the Packers are probly the one team most people relate to the Colts quarterbacking situation:

    2008:
    - Favre left the Packers, briefly plays in NY, starts off hot going 8-3 and looking like GB had made a mistake... he then fizzled down the stretch, throwing a ton of interceptions and finally injurying his bicep.
    - Next season, tore it up for the Vikings. The Vikings went 12-4, and went to the AFC championship, narrowly missing the SB. It looked like the Vikings were finally on the cusp, setup for quite some time with Favre and Adrian Peterson.
    - The Packers went with a young unproven guy at QB. The Packers went 6-10 and went through growing pains.

    The Vikings were soaring high and the Packers had f'd it up. Or had they...

    ---------------------------------------------------
    2010 (a whole two years later):
    - Favre suffers shoulder injury, then concussion, Vikings limp to 6-10 record, let go of Favre, go 3-13 the next season, one of the worst teams in the league, was in the "Suck For Luck" sweepstakes.
    - The Packers won the SuperBowl, with said young unproven guy winning game MVP.

    Now, class, who can tell me which team won the "Favre" decision?

    Huh? What's that? That's the sound of air escaping uncontrollably from what used to be the zeppelin known as "Your Argument".

    So you are suggesting Farve should have retired when he one more great season in him? You wanted to "Suck for Luck", well, you got your wish and you will suck for years to come. The Packers were still a good team when Farve left and it didn't take long to put enough around Rogers to build a superbowl winner. That has nothing in common with the rape in Indy that discarded every decent player, changed coaches, changed defenses (without the personel to do so) and drafted the most overhyped player in NFL history. Five years from now, the Colts will still be rebuilding and the Packers will still be winning. You are comparing good management to horrible management or no management at all. It now appears we will lose our head coach. Luck is mediocre and doesn't make the people around him better. Now, if you had made that move and taken extra draft picks, and taken the REAL NFL ready QB in the draft, RGIII, we would have something to discuss. RGIII is a superstar right now. Luck, not so much. Manning is better than both of them and, oh yeah, he is better than Farve too and much better at this age.... ...

  20. #144
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Lol....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. #145
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Against the Raiders for sure but I am not so quick to forget the Atlanta game. Any team with a half way good secondary an a top notch run defense will give Manning fits.
    And with that, the Broncos had a chance to win that game if their D could have gotten a stop.

    Of course Manning will have bad games here or there, this is his first year with this team, this playbook, this O-line, a lot of the receivers, etc.

    I don't see him DOMINATING for 4,000 yds and 40 TD's every year, but 3,500+ yards and 25-30 TD's isn't out of the question, especially as he gets comfortable.

  22. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    For fun, lets compare three QBs


    Games QB Rating Passes Comp. % Total yds. Sacks INT. TD
    Peyton 4 96.9 153 99 64.7 1162 8 3 8
    RGIII 4 103.2 124 86 69.4 1070 11 1 4
    Luck 3 75.4 122 65 53.3 846 5 4 4

    Luck is rated 24th
    RGIII 4th
    Peyton 10th

    RGIII is the leader and star of his team
    Peyton is the leader and star on his team
    Luck is the below average QB his ratings say that he is....... ...

  23. #147

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And with that, the Broncos had a chance to win that game if their D could have gotten a stop.

    Of course Manning will have bad games here or there, this is his first year with this team, this playbook, this O-line, a lot of the receivers, etc.

    I don't see him DOMINATING for 4,000 yds and 40 TD's every year, but 3,500+ yards and 25-30 TD's isn't out of the question, especially as he gets comfortable.
    Man where have I heard that before..

    I expect Manning to be good against teams like Raiders and a injury depleted Steelers but against his archrivals of the Chargers and the Pats I just doubt that he has enough in the tank to win those type of games in the playoffs.

    Baltimore and the Pats will be a good test and I will defiantly change my tune if he plays well against them.

  24. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man where have I heard that before..

    I expect Manning to be good against teams like Raiders and a injury depleted Steelers but against his archrivals of the Chargers and the Pats I just doubt that he has enough in the tank to win those type of games in the playoffs.

    Baltimore and the Pats will be a good test and I will defiantly change my tune if he plays well against them.
    He will play well against them but Denver may not win those games...... ...

  25. #149
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,725

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck is the below average QB his ratings say that he is....... ...

    You must have hated Peyton as a rookie when he had 28 picks and a 71.2 rating...

  26. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must have hated Peyton as a rookie when he had 28 picks and a 71.2 rating...

    Hey!!! ... Peyton got better fast. I'm not sure Luck will. I, like Parcells and Sims, have not seen an NFL QB's arm...... ...

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
  5. 2012-2013 Season
    By Jose Slaughter in forum ABA League
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •