Thread: Verizon users, how is your reception at Pacer games?

Default Verizon users, how is your reception at Pacer games?

I know for years I've had a lot of trouble with my AT&T connection inside of that building during the game. I also know that until a year or two ago they had Verizon sponsors (the ads that surrounded the speakers in the rafters). I was just curious to know if Verizon phones have an easier time getting signal in that building versus AT&T?

I'm going to be updating to the new iPhone that comes out later this month, so I thought maybe I should consider switching if everything else is equal.

Default Re: Verizon users, how is your reception at Pacer games?

Personally, I have no clue. However, I remember the big deal Verizon made about all the upgrades they did downtown for the Super Bowl. One would hope they remembered the fieldhouse in that process.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Ha ha... You know you're a true Pacers fan when you make cell provider decisions based on how well it performs at the Fieldhouse!

I've never had any service issues at BLF with my Verizon iPhone...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

It has been awhile, but I don't remember having any problems. Although I also don't remember if I ever even needed to get my cell phone out during a game. With that said you are almost always better off with Verizon in the Indy market, especially if there is a high concentration of people. AT&T while charging as much, and being just as big, doesn't invest the same kind of money into their grid as Verizon does.

Dang. That makes it a little tough. It would probably be smarter to stay with AT&T since I'm already there and I have a 15% discount on my monthly that would disappear if I jump ship. And in New Castle there is no LTE so it's actually faster for me to use AT&T's "4G" with my next iPhone's dual antennae. I also happen to occasionally use the ability to talk and use data at the same time, which I would lose.

I just wish the service wasn't crap at the games. Maybe with AT&T's LTE in Indy it will be different than with Indy's AT&T 3G?

I'm upgrading from iPhone 4 to what I guess is going to be called iPhone 5 (even though this is the 6th generation; go figure), so I've not yet been at a game even with AT&T's non-LTE '4G' before to even try that.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My AT&T service seems fine at the games with my Palm Pre.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I couldnt tell you what the problem is with AT&T. In previous years I was using the Blackjack2 and never had any problems sending out messages in The Fieldhouse. However, the past 2 seasons it has been awful since I changed to the iPhone4. It seems that whenever I'm in there, it is hit or miss whether I can get a text through. I also wonder if this has anything to do with the attendance...during my Blackjack2 days, The Fieldhouse was at most half full...

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Me and my dad always use Verizon at the games and we have never had trouble
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

During the playoffs I was texting back and forth with someone quite often with my Verizon phone and no issues. Pretty sure I would've noticed if my signal strength meter was down too.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I have never had any trouble with Verizon in BLF. None at all.
    DG for 3

It's always worked really well for me. Personally I've always thought the Verizon/Sprint CDMA technology worked much better indoors than the the ATT UMTS/GSM tech. It makes a world of difference to me because I work in a warehouse with lots of internal interference. My work phone is ATT and I pretty much always have to use my personal VZW phone if I'm there. That of course could just be due to antennae placement in Plainfield. I don't think I've ever done the side-by-side test in Conseco.