Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did Vontae Davis play vs the Bears?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How did Vontae Davis play vs the Bears?

No, not fixed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just depends on the system, sometimes corners are up in run-support and what-not.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He just tried to evaluate Freeney's game performance, a guy who got hurt early in the first quarter...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He just tried to evaluate Freeney's game performance, a guy who got hurt early in the first quarter...
    Freeney has never ever been good as a run stopper. He is a pass rusher that needs to be on the line. He over pursues on every play. I have watched him in many practices and preseason games. Colts need to run the 4/3 or trade him. Mathis does alittle better against the run as he doesn't over pursue as much, but he is not much better in the 3/4. I really think that the coach should go with the 4/3 until better equipped. A coach should use formations that best fit the team. Not sure wtf the coach is thinking. Hardheaded I guess.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Freeney has never ever been good as a run stopper. He is a pass rusher that needs to be on the line. He over pursues on every play. I have watched him in many practices and preseason games. Colts need to run the 4/3 or trade him. Mathis does alittle better against the run as he doesn't over pursue as much, but he is not much better in the 3/4. I really think that the coach should go with the 4/3 until better equipped. A coach should use formations that best fit the team. Not sure wtf the coach is thinking. Hardheaded I guess.
    You may want to take a year or two off from being a colts fan if you think they are going to be so terrible and horrible to watch. Yes they may be terrible but there will be times when you see a particular player make the transition to becoming a contributor. It's not the SB it's just seeing the team make progress. Didn't you enjoy seeing Manning become the great pro he is or Reggie take over when Marvin left, or Garcon step up in the last few years?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    You may want to take a year or two off from being a colts fan if you think they are going to be so terrible and horrible to watch. Yes they may be terrible but there will be times when you see a particular player make the transition to becoming a contributor. It's not the SB it's just seeing the team make progress. Didn't you enjoy seeing Manning become the great pro he is or Reggie take over when Marvin left, or Garcon step up in the last few years?
    Seriously, take a year or two off, wtf are you talking about, just cause I don't agree with curtain things the Colts have done or are doing and I think they will have a hard time to win a game doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them play. Where the heck your mind is to concoct your statement on what I have stated previously is beyond me.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because it sounds like you're on the cliff, about to jump. I don't understand the mindset of someone who shows support for a team by being extremely negative. Even if it makes you feel better, it does no other good. That great Manning team went through the exact same struggles this one is, and you were okay with that team, so.....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

I'm ok with this team cause It's the Colts, doesn't mean I can't talk about how bad they're roster is or the coaching moves being made. One thing I won't do is say or think they are going to win 4-6 games when that will be more impossible to do then them winning that many last year or Mannings rookie year. This doesn't mean Im falling off the cliff. Just means I'm identifying problems the Colts are dealing with. This should be able to be talked about without outlandish nonsense remarks like falling off the cliff or being told how I should stop watching the Colts for the next 2 years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Outlandish is saying the Colts are going to win zero games this year. If you don't want outlandish responses, don't give us outlandish reasons to do so. It's why OlBlu gets so much feedback, because all of his claims are just outlandish and nobody wants to hear a negative nancy.

This start is exactly how Peyton's team started 14 years ago, you don't need to freak out yet.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-13-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Outlandish is saying the Colts are going to win zero games this year. If you don't want outlandish responses, don't give us outlandish reasons to do so. It's why OlBlu gets so much feedback, because all of his claims are just outlandish and nobody wants to hear a negative nancy.

This start is exactly how Peyton's team started 14 years ago, you don't need to freak out yet.
    This is pacers digest, people like to whine here. Its sad but true. Pacers were 5th in the league last year and there has been an incredibly negative tone all summer. Negative is unavoidable, negative and innaccurate(uninfomed, ignorant, ect) is very annoying.

Sent from my SGH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mood

I don't see the Colts losing all season as outlandish. It is a personal view and I understand that. However, instead of firing back nonsense remarks and fabrication of what I think, like speakout 4 said "Didn't you enjoy seeing Manning become the great pro he is or Reggie take over when Marvin left, or Garcon step up in the last few years?" or like you stating that I'm falling off the cliff, wouldn't it be more constructive to tell me what you think of the team and why I may be wrong with constructive rebuttal rather then fabricated mental slams.

I'm not going around here slamming you as a person, but I may argue the point at hand.

Mood

I get it, It's like you telling me how your 1974 Honda Civic is so great and how you are going to improve it, But it's hard to brag about it so you elect to just keep your mouth shut unless someone talks negative about it. Then you'll just talk smack to them cause you get 50 MPG. The problem is is at the end of the day, the 1974 Honda Civic is still a piece of crap! LOL

Mood

I don't see the Colts losing all season as outlandish. It is a personal view and I understand that. However, instead of firing back nonsense remarks and fabrication of what I think, like speakout 4 said "Didn't you enjoy seeing Manning become the great pro he is or Reggie take over when Marvin left, or Garcon step up in the last few years?" or like you stating that I'm falling off the cliff, wouldn't it be more constructive to tell me what you think of the team and why I may be wrong with constructive rebuttal rather then fabricated mental slams.

I'm not going around here slamming you as a person, but I may argue the point at hand.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you also have to realize that your prediction is an extreme one that very few agree with (even in the media outside our market). There has been only one team in NFL history to go 0-16, so history and probabilty are not on your side. It has nothing to do with being negative or critical, but hanging your hat purely on your own subjectivity is what will get you in trouble here. I personally hope you and Blu continue to post here, but you guys need to remember to be constructive and objective as well, and to not drone on after you've stated your opinion.

Mood

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you also have to realize that your prediction is an extreme one that very few agree with (even in the media outside our market). There has been only one team in NFL history to go 0-16, so history and probabilty are not on your side. It has nothing to do with being negative or critical, but hanging your hat purely on your own subjectivity is what will get you in trouble here. I personally hope you and Blu continue to post here, but you guys need to remember to be constructive and objective as well, and to not drone on after you've stated your opinion.
    So, your saying there still is a chance?

Mood

Yeah probably the same chance of you practicing what you were preaching a whole 35 minutes ago...

Mood

Yeah probably the same chance of you practicing what you were preaching a whole 35 minutes ago...
    Then that is a heck of a chance!! 2013 1st rnd pick here we come!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You have issues.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get it, It's like you telling me how your 1974 Honda Civic is so great and how you are going to improve it, But it's hard to brag about it so you elect to just keep your mouth shut unless someone talks negative about it. Then you'll just talk smack to them cause you get 50 MPG. The problem is is at the end of the day, the 1974 Honda Civic is still a piece of crap! LOL
    You have got.... to be joking.

Mood

You have issues.
    I like puns, and he likes riding around on his high horse.

Mood

Then that is a heck of a chance!! 2013 1st rnd pick here we come!
    Since your call for constructive feedback and the withdrawl of mental attacks, you've pretty much gone against that so the chances are low, like Lloyd Christmas-Mary Swanson low.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Mood

You have issues.
    That's funny, I'm not the one that is telling someone they are falling off the cliff. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me why the Colts are capable of winning a game other then the probability cause history says so.

Mood

I like puns, and he likes riding around on his high horse.
    That would be my wife likes riding on my horse. I don't ride horses.

Mood

That's funny, I'm not the one that is telling someone they are falling off the cliff. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me why the Colts are capable of winning a game other then the probability cause history says so.
    I'd say you have the burden of proving why this year's team is going do what only one team has done in 30+ years of 16 game seasons...

Seriously, take a year or two off, wtf are you talking about, just cause I don't agree with curtain things the Colts have done or are doing and I think they will have a hard time to win a game doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them play. Where the heck your mind is to concoct your statement on what I have stated previously is beyond me.
    Because as Kid Minneapolis says you sound as if you're going off a cliff. Why does anyone have to argue with you that the Colts will win a game when it's clear you will not be convinced? You want to see gloom and doom so enjoy yourself. There are ways to say you think this is a bad team that can be respected.

Mood

I'd say you have the burden of proving why this year's team is going do what only one team has done in 30+ years of 16 game seasons...
    You are 100% correct and when I get some quality time, I will do so, however, the other side of this rebuttal is not excluded from this either and that's also my point in all this. If one wants to be on the other side, then great, just bring something to the table that has a point. Like you actually do have a valid point. Can't say that to the other two.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post: