Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 684

Thread: Non-Colts thread

  1. #201

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    I don't feel sorry for the Packers. They put themselves in that situation. They are better than what they showed in that game. Which is the sad part in this all. We should be discussing how awful their offensive line is and how good Seattle's defense is but instead we are talking about the refs and one particular play.

    I am not saying the refs made the right call. I am not saying that the call didn't impact this game because it did. However it didn't have to be that way...that play didn't have to matter. I think Seattle is a good team but I think Green Bay is much better. Had Green Bay played like they are capable of then this never happens. So as players take to Twitter and conduct interviews expressing their displeasure with the performance of these replacement officials they should first look in the mirror and express displeasure with their own performance on the field.

  2. #202
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    The Calvin Johnson touchdown that wasn't a touchdown last year illustrates that one Jay.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_713897.html

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  4. #203
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Calvin Johnson touchdown that wasn't a touchdown last year illustrates that one Jay.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_713897.html
    I think most players and fans think of the traditional rule - that as soon as you've broken the plane - or gotten both feet down in the end zone - with ball the play is over.

    Can you imagine how confused everyone would be if *this* play happened in a big MNF or Super Bowl game when Madden was butchering the rules. Nobody would know what the hell just happened, and they'd all have the same incorrect argument!

    That play is nearly identical to the Hines Ward play against the Browns in 2009. That game was more famous for one other "controversial" call - the Steelers got a measurement around the 20 yard line, and from the midfield camera angle zoomed in super tight, it appeared they were an inch or two short of the first down. But the camera angle was at about a 45-degree angle to the chains being stretched on the field, not perpindicular, so the angle the tv viewers got was not the same as the referree's viewing angle. Referree signalled for first down, and confusion reigned in the broadcast booth. It wasn't Madden that time, so I'll give him a break. But a similar problem to what Madden had with announcing the controversial touchdown in SBXL. Same issue - the correct camera angle wasn't available and everything shown to the television viewers was inconclusive by definition.

    I think it was the next season that the NFL added 12 permanently-fixed cameras - 2 along each goal line, 2 along each end line, 2 along each side line. These aren't really used by the broadcast crew but they're avaiable to the replay officials for goal line and sideline, endline calls.

    After Sunday night's game, they may need to add four more, shooting straight into the sky under each side of the goal post. Of course, these replacement refs would probably stand on the camera and the replay of a controversial kick would just be a ground-level view of the backjudge's crotch!!
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  5. #204
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't feel sorry for the Packers. They put themselves in that situation. They are better than what they showed in that game. Which is the sad part in this all. We should be discussing how awful their offensive line is and how good Seattle's defense is but instead we are talking about the refs and one particular play.

    I am not saying the refs made the right call. I am not saying that the call didn't impact this game because it did. However it didn't have to be that way...that play didn't have to matter. I think Seattle is a good team but I think Green Bay is much better. Had Green Bay played like they are capable of then this never happens. So as players take to Twitter and conduct interviews expressing their displeasure with the performance of these replacement officials they should first look in the mirror and express displeasure with their own performance on the field.
    This isn't really fair to say. Winning games in the NFL is damn hard. Winning games against good teams is even more difficult. If Braylon Edwards doesn't drop the ball in the Arizona game, Seattle is 3-0. Also playing in Seattle is very difficult.

    Green Bay set themselves up to win. A hail mary very rarely works. And last night it didn't work. Green Bay won that game. It doesn't matter if its by 1 or 100. Green Bay got straight up robbed of a win because of the officials.

  6. #205
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what can cause spontaneous cranial combustion:
    Oh, ya that was stupid. I guess indisputable would've been better.

  7. #206

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, that's not true. Ask Hines Ward. Still trying to find the video on the internet but I remember the play itself vividly - both feet down, in the end zone, play over, touchdown, then he rolled over out of bounds and the ball wobbled and they ruled he didn't have control all the way through the catch even though he broke plane, with possession, two feet down, etc.
    Jefferson didn't let the ball wobble though. My point was just that his butt touching the ground is the same as two feet touching in bounds, so touching out of bounds with his left foot after that doesn't matter. It would be like a receiver not falling and never bobbling the ball, getting his left foot in, right foot in, then stepping his left foot out. The last step would not matter, as long as he permanently secured the ball before getting each foot in.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  8. #207
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jefferson didn't let the ball wobble though. My point was just that his butt touching the ground is the same as two feet touching in bounds, so touching out of bounds with his left foot after that doesn't matter. It would be like a receiver not falling and never bobbling the ball, getting his left foot in, right foot in, then stepping his left foot out. The last step would not matter, as long as he permanently secured the ball before getting each foot in.
    Agreed. But its not cut-and-dry, both-feet-down-in-the-endzone-therefore-the-play-is-over, which many NFL fans might still think is true if they haven't seen the Calvin Johnson and Hines Ward plays.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  10. #208

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Goodell won't be shamed into ending this any quicker.

    Us fans probably won't be able/willing to apply any financial pressure

    Politicians likely won't (and shouldn't) intervene.

    What is the hope? I guess the knowledge that at least a few owners care about the integrity of the game nearly as much as they do about not writing a big check. Maybe like with the players lockout, they can convince the rest of the owners to let some compromises get on the table, giving Goodell new orders.

    I'm thinking of the Maras, the Rooneys, Robert Kraft. others?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. #209
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodell won't be shamed into ending this any quicker.

    Us fans probably won't be able/willing to apply any financial pressure

    Politicians likely won't (and shouldn't) intervene.

    What is the hope? I guess the knowledge that at least a few owners care about the integrity of the game nearly as much as they do about not writing a big check. Maybe like with the players lockout, they can convince the rest of the owners to let some compromises get on the table, giving Goodell new orders.

    I'm thinking of the Maras, the Rooneys, Robert Kraft. others?

    Which owners are hellbent on not giving the refs what they want? I would imagine that there is a small group leading the charge, as there was with the lockout (Jerry Jones, Richardson, Bowlen).

  12. #210

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    plus Mike Brown I'd guess.

    Let's hope that the Cowboys are the next to get reamed on the last play of the game.

    In other news, Jay Cutler has weighed in:


    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  14. #211

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    I like Clay Matthews

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  16. #212
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Clay Matthews

    winner
    "We want Miami"

  17. #213
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Arizona has the best defense in the league right now
    "We want Miami"

  18. #214
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it matter that before the call is made, Jennings left foot touches out of bounds and then comes back in? If they are wrestling for possession wouldn't he be ineligible? Or were they claiming simutaneous catch? Interference is nearly never called on a jump ball as everyone is making a play on the ball.
    On a hail Mary, it's one thing to bump a guy going up at the same time, and another to flat out shove a guy to the ground with both hands.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  19. #215
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arizona has the best defense in the league right now

    Tell you what, they've got a great coaching staff over at Steelers West and they're getting more out of that roster than I thought was possible.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  21. #216
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, they've got a great coaching staff over at Steelers West and they're getting more out of that roster than I thought was possible.
    They've drafted very well defensively. Patrick Peterson has been huge
    "We want Miami"

  22. #217
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Why is there no game on CBS here in Indy? Why are they showing cartoons?

  23. #218
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    I hate the Pats, but today I'm sure glad I have Ridley, Gronk, and Welker on my fantasy team.

    You can never go wrong drafting Patriots to your fantasy squad.

  24. #219

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is there no game on CBS here in Indy? Why are they showing cartoons?
    The Raiders/Broncos game is the only one we're getting I'm surprised we're not getting the Bengals/Jags game though since Jags is our division rival and the Bengals are only a couple hours from Indy.

  25. #220
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Raiders/Broncos game is the only one we're getting I'm surprised we're not getting the Bengals/Jags game though since Jags is our division rival and the Bengals are only a couple hours from Indy.
    They know that people around here want to watch Peyton.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #221

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Clay Matthews

    Fan page, not actually him.

  28. #222

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Wilfork tackles a wide receiver who never knew a tank was in the area.

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  30. #223

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They know that people around here want to watch Peyton.
    I can understand that but can they really do that? I figured they were obligated to air the market teams.

    Then again I remember Ft Wayne last season aired a Bears game over the Colts game because the Colts were still winless at that point.

  31. #224
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,627

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand that but can they really do that? I figured they were obligated to air the market teams.

    Then again I remember Ft Wayne last season aired a Bears game over the Colts game because the Colts were still winless at that point.

    The Bengals aren't a market team for Indy though.

    Anyone else watching this Bears-Cowboys game? Man, what an absolute beatdown.

  32. #225
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else watching this Bears-Cowboys game? Man, what an absolute beatdown.
    When you throw 5 INT's, two returned for TD's, and get replaced by Kyle Orton, you're goose is cooked. Romo is probably done as a Cowgirl after this season. Does anyone REALLY believe they're a threat to win it all with him as their QB?

Similar Threads

  1. heywoode's Colts cheerleader photo thread Colts-Chiefs 11/18/07
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
  2. Colts Vs. Steelers War Cry Thread
    By Isaac in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 06:07 PM
  3. COLTS VS. PATRIOTS WAR CRY THREAD!
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
  4. Colts/Rams thread.
    By pacercoltfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 05:15 PM
  5. Non-Colts week 3 thread......
    By Kstat in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 09:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •