Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mean to be a jerk here VA, but when I see you complain about the Skins line all I can do is chuckle a bit. I would give anything to have that line compared to ours.
    The line that got blown the hell up yesterday? It may be better then the Colts, but it still has big issues.

Granted I think Lincenstein getting hurt also did not help.

As for your competitive fire comment, I agree. I dont think Shanny was looking to save his job as much as he just wants to win. But I agree

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I was pretty weirded out by the best option thing as well, though I wasn't really sure what the context was. It's not really his call to say who the best option is--that's on the coach. I don't want to say that makes him conceited or anything, but it's a very strange thing to say.

I would be calling for Shanahan's job if I were a Skins fan. I think he has put his own short term gain over the long-term health of that franchise. And hell, considering how important RG3 could be for this league, he's costing the NFL as a whole quite a bit with his stupidity.
    A weird comment, but the kid is honest.

More PC would be to say its not my decision, but we did mortgage our future for this kid.

I am OK with people being less PC, especially when you want your QB to be "that guy" and want all the pressure.

I actually said earlier, I think Shanny needed to put his foot down more. But I also have a lot of faith that RG3 woulda pulled himself if he felt he couldnt do anything and was really hurt.

To me the injury doesnt scare me as much as the future does. The injury can heal, but if they dont stop the option and QB draw stuff we will be right back here next year.

They need to still let him run, but rely on him to be more of a passes.

I have faith that will happen, but time will tell

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And i thought only in European soccer you can see plain stupid coaching decisions in a professional environment. What i witnessed yesterday, was probably the weirdest and fully inexplicable calls in pro sports. Honestly, what were they thinking?

You have a franchise QB that will make you competitive and part of the playoffs from many years to come. He is on his rookie year and you treat him like that? You have to think of his and the team's future, you know? I am not saying to throw the game away but it's even more mind boggling when you see that RGIII was hurting your team and you had on the bench a competent back up QB. Can't believe this happened on a pro level. Madness!
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I keep hearing people talk about Cousins.

SEA would have destroyed cousins. Absolutely destroyed him

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Instead, they absolutely destroyed Griffin.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    The line that got blown the hell up yesterday? It may be better then the Colts, but it still has big issues.

Granted I think Lincenstein getting hurt also did not help.

As for your competitive fire comment, I agree. I dont think Shanny was looking to save his job as much as he just wants to win. But I agree
    The same line that was letting Morris run for 5 yards per carry? I don't know I can only dream of having a line that bad I guess as a Colts fan right now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

They werent terrible, but you like to make it sound like they had 5 pro bowlers.

Morris had help from the line, but he also made a lot of plays himself (and got great help from the option and RG3, though last time I argued this I was told I was crazy because RG3 does not help Morris at all)

If Shanahan had pulled out RG3 at halftime and they lost, he would be getting lambasted all over the place today.

If people as so upset about RG3 playing hurt in a playoff game, where was the criticism last week when he was worse and he played vs. Dallas as they tried to get into the playoffs?

20-20 hindsight. Sure if you gaze into your crystal ball and tell me when the guy is going to blow up his knee, then I will take him out the play before.

It's a gladiator sport. Everyone is banged up. If the doctor says he can play, if the player says he can play, if you as the coach thinks he gives you more of a chance to win than the backup does, then he plays. That's the way this game works and always has. The whining mediots second-guessing Shanahan today are only relying on that 20-20 hindsight, trying to make a name for themselves, or flat-out do not understand the game.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    If Shanahan had pulled out RG3 at halftime and they lost, he would be getting lambasted all over the place today.

If people as so upset about RG3 playing hurt in a playoff game, where was the criticism last week when he was worse and he played vs. Dallas as they tried to get into the playoffs?

20-20 hindsight. Sure if you gaze into your crystal ball and tell me when the guy is going to blow up his knee, then I will take him out the play before.

It's a gladiator sport. Everyone is banged up. If the doctor says he can play, if the player says he can play, if you as the coach thinks he gives you more of a chance to win than the backup does, then he plays. That's the way this game works and always has. The whining mediots second-guessing Shanahan today are only relying on that 20-20 hindsight, trying to make a name for themselves, or flat-out do not understand the game.
    Thank you. From my post in another thread replying to BBALL

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I said yesterday I bet Shanny comes out and says he talked to an assistant who talked to the Dr. He will chalk it up to a misunderstanding

If RG3 had pulled himself he would be called a quitter and soft.

I have no problem with him wanting to stay in, my problem is with the coach not pulling him.

I never even played pro sports, but at the college and semi pro level I hardly ever see/hear of guys saying "Pull me out." Sometimes you gotta say "I know you think you are good, but you need to sit down". It is a tough decision to make, but that is the reason the coach gets paid 12M dollars a year

I will leave the rest of your quote alone, as I have already said numerous times that the Redskins have changed the offense a lot, and RG3 has played a lot smarter since his first concussion
    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I never said you did. I was more speaking in generals. I tend to agree with you, and like I said when you make 12M a year to make decisions.....well sometimes you gotta make unpopular ones

Of course hindsight in 20/20. And remember Cutler pulled himself a couple of years ago. And all I remember is people calling him soft and saying he quit on the team.

Of course hindsight being 20/20 I wish they woulda pulled Robert at the end of the 1st quarter up 14 points

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope. Completely and utterly incorrect. There are some injuries that are namby pamby, but RG3 had a visibly obvious injury and has had it since he suffered it. We all were watching the game at my house screaming to take him out of hte game, and he kept limping back up there. It was like watching a slow-motion train-wreck. Anyone watching that game and not making the realization that RG3 was on the verge of busting that knee literally at any minute needs to have an examination. I've been watching this guy for the past few weeks and wondering what the hell he was doing out there, medically. No one in their right mind would have questioned taking him out. He never should've come back from that injury, especially so soon. When it happened and then directly afterwards it was generally a 2-3 week recovery time, and then within 3 days all those "miraculous" reports of him walking just fine around the facility started surfacing. I could see from the very next game he wasn't "walking just fine". The way he was dragging that leg at the end of out-of-bounds runs last night was the biggest sign yet that they ignored. When a guy is dragging is damn leg out of bounds --- he should not be in there. Who knows how much pain-killers and whatever they had coursing through him not to mention a massive knee brace and he was still dragging that thing around and favoring it. There was the one sack where he ran straight back for 15 yards and set to throw a deep one, and he got sacked because he couldnt' even move, and he had about a 3 second lead on the guy. The "old" RG3 would've left that guy in the dust and he couldn't even begin to run. It was that play precisely that I said "he absolutely needs to come out", but nope, they kept him in there.

That's the thing about ligaments, when one is damaged you're no longer supported fully, so your other tendons and ligaments are then put into bad situations, and you risk doing damage to a ligament/tendon other than the one you had already injured.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-07-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Shanahan has always been known to ride his stars into oblivion and I think RGIII could already be in jeopardy of that. We will have to see what the MRI shows.
    I'm sure Elway never complained about how much Shanahan rode Terrell Davis into oblivion, since it allowed Elway to piggyback his way to his only two Super Bowl victories. You see, there's also something to be said about maxing out the capabilities of your star players, too. Davis only played seven seasons, and only made three pro bowls. And then he only gained 1200 yards total in his last three seasons. Yes, that is oblivion, but how many other running backs with only 7 seasons and only 7600 yards are even gathering a single hall of fame vote?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

They werent terrible, but you like to make it sound like they had 5 pro bowlers.

Morris had help from the line, but he also made a lot of plays himself (and got great help from the option and RG3, though last time I argued this I was told I was crazy because RG3 does not help Morris at all)
    Personally I think you under sell your line quite a bit. Their push was pretty good against a top ranked run defense and that has nothing to do with the style of offense they run. IT mostly disrupts the DE but the other 3 guys were getting man handled by the Redskins line.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

You guys seriously overrate our line, IMO

Once again, why the hell was the doctor not telling (who is the doctor? I keep hearing doctors?) the HC or whoever to pull the QB is a bigger concern for me.

Granted the last artcile implied Shanny ignored his opinion (or did not seek it) but if the injury was so bad why were other doctors not saying pull him out.

And why were people not saying this last week when we beat Dallas?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys seriously overrate our line, IMO
    Have you watched the Colts? I've watched Wash on a number of occasions since the media is all over RG3's nutsack and he's on nationally way more often, and their line routinely seems better than what I'm used to watching Indy use. It may not be a great line, but you got it good it would seem to me, compared to Luck's line. Luck did everything he did with half the line that Wash has, and most teams for that matter. He's constantly got dudes draped all over him, chasing him, jumping in his face. The one throw a game he got that was uncontested, he usually did some pretty cool things.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Once again, why the hell was the doctor not telling (who is the doctor? I keep hearing doctors?) the HC or whoever to pull the QB is a bigger concern for me.

Granted the last artcile implied Shanny ignored his opinion (or did not seek it) but if the injury was so bad why were other doctors not saying pull him out.

And why were people not saying this last week when we beat Dallas?

My impression from Andrews was that he wasn't even conferred with by the coach when RG3 was first injured, and Shanahan fed everyone a line. It also sounds like Andrews was never comfortable sticking RG3 back out there this season, period, and has been walking on pins and needles ever since... and like Trader Joe said, the expression on his face as he walked off with RG3 last night was one of sickness, like his fears had just come true.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's the quote:
    "[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."
    While Andrews eventually gave Griffin the green light to play in the Redskins' wins over the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys, and Griffin is closer to optimal health for Sunday afternoon's wild-cardgame against the Seattle Seahawks, Andrews is still uncomfortale with the way Griffin's injury was handled.
    "He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it," Andrews said. "He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."
    Doesn't sound like the words of a guy who's real comfortable sticking RG3 out there.

He may have been at a much more stable condition right before this playoff game, but what about the few weeks before? When he re-tweaked it in the 2nd quarter or whatever, why didn't they yank him? We may hear more yet from Andrews about this game.

It definitely sounds like this situation was mostly controlled by the coach and player

Docs: "Ehhhhh ya, he technically passes, but I'm not all that comfortable sticking him out there".
    Shanahan: "Griffin, you good to go?"
    RG3: "Yea"
    Shanahan: "Well then, get out there."
    Docs: *cringe*
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

People can play with ACLs gone. Ask Dejuan Blair. It is about how your body reacts, swelling, pain tolerance, it's possible, but it's not advised. I think that is what happened yesterday after the 1st quarter. I'll be shocked if his ACL is in one piece, to me the bigger question right now is that status of his MCL and PCL.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Tired of double posting. I updated in the other thread. Mixed reviews. Official word at 1500 PC

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea let's move this discussion to the other thread haha.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Here's the quote:

Doesn't sound like the words of a guy who's real comfortable sticking RG3 out there.

He may have been at a much more stable condition right before this playoff game, but what about the few weeks before? When he re-tweaked it in the 2nd quarter or whatever, why didn't they yank him? We may hear more yet from Andrews about this game.

It definitely sounds like this situation was mostly controlled by the coach and player

Docs: "Ehhhhh ya, he technically passes, but I'm not all that comfortable sticking him out there".
    Shanahan: "Griffin, you good to go?"
    RG3: "Yea"
    Shanahan: "Well then, get out there."
    Docs: *cringe*
    and this happens every damn week in the NFL. RG3 was in his best shape this Sunday that he's been since he got injured. and they started the game pretty damn well btw. i didnt see anyone saying that RG3 shouldn't be playing until he got hurt again. Thats just the NFL quite frankly. You play hurt.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course he was in the "best shape since injury", everyone improves slowly at some point! Saying he's in the "best shape" and "ready to play an NFL game" are two different things. Obviously, his knee was compromised. I felt like they rushed him back after the first injury.

The big difference was this game, he re-injured it in the 2nd quarter and they kept him out there, when he was clearly not up to the task and opening himself up for further injury, which happened. This wasn't hindsight, there were many people watching that game and wondering why the hell he was out there, fearing a bad injury --- and it happened. I didn't get like this after he got injured, I was saying this exact same crap DURING the 2nd and 3rd quarters to my buds --- get his butt out of there.

I also think our line looks better because of RG3 this year. Teams have to respect two running backs in RG and AM.

This is the same line that could not block for Sexy Rexy or Stephen Davis or Roy Helu last year.

Not that it matters. I hope everyone gets healthy on the line and they draft some more lineman for next year

The whining mediots second-guessing Shanahan today are only relying on that 20-20 hindsight, trying to make a name for themselves, or flat-out do not understand the game.
    It really isn't a hindsight thing. Did you even watch the game? Everyone I watched the game with was talking about this well before that final bad-snap play happened. It was extremely obvious. The espn.com blog someone posted discussed this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I'm sure Elway never complained about how much Shanahan rode Terrell Davis into oblivion, since it allowed Elway to piggyback his way to his only two Super Bowl victories. You see, there's also something to be said about maxing out the capabilities of your star players, too. Davis only played seven seasons, and only made three pro bowls. And then he only gained 1200 yards total in his last three seasons. Yes, that is oblivion, but how many other running backs with only 7 seasons and only 7600 yards are even gathering a single hall of fame vote?
    Somehow I don't think Redskins fans want to see RG3 go out in a blaze of overworked glory after only playing for a few years. And I think that's probably not what Snyder had in mind when he traded the house for him. You trade up for RG3 because you think you may be set at the QB position for the next 10-15 years.
    Last edited by SoupIsGood; 01-07-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL. Hindsight is 20/20? The mediots are using 20/20 hindsight? Pretty funny that the guys in the booth kept mentioning that RGIII wasn't right BEFORE the injury. And the cameras kept focusing on him limping back to the huddle and the booth pointing out that he practically limp/ran on one of his carries BEFORE the injury.

Sounds more like 20/20 foresight to me.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: