Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solozzo, Ridley may not see the field again this year, after those two fumbles!
    Ha, that's for sure. After a fantastic regular season, my team was complete crap yesterday. I'd be in a pinch with Ridley if I were playing in the championship next week. I loved having Ridley all year though. He was a tremendous value pick and far exceeded my expectations. I had Welker, Ridley, and Gronk. Those guys gave me massive points all year long, but they obviously didn't help yesterday because of Gronk's injury and Welker and Ridley not doing much. But I always like having Patriots on my team because they score so many freaking points. I'll have Gronk for as long as he's good because it's a keeper league and there's no way I'd ever get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I've never understood the Collinsworth hate. I like him too. He's like an articulate John Madden minus the Favre love fest. He was also good at the Olympics. Of course, working with Bob Costas and Al Michaels would make anyone look good but I don't think that's it. He's my favorite color man of the MNF, SNF, TNF groups by a pretty wide margin. He's light years better than Gruden. You ever really listen to Gruden. If you didn't know better, you'd think that every player and play he commented on was the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of sport. Add to that that ESPN forced Jaws, a guy who REALLY knows football, out of the booth to make room for Gruden and it's even worse.

I agree. I watch quite a bit of NFL football and I think Collingsworth does a better job of explaining the game than about any other color guy. He just sees the game so well and does an excellent job quickly explaining what happened. I liked Brian Billick a lot too when he did the Colts-Packers game. I just don't watch a ton of his games since most of the Colts games are on CBS, and when I watch a Fox game, it's usually the Buck-Aikman combo. I don't mind Aikman either.

I guess overall, I like most analysts. I just love the whole Sunday Night NBC production. For some reason their HD looks especially beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Kaepernick is the real deal

A Super Bowl contender making a massive change like that mid-season is certainly a gutsy move, but you gotta hand it to Harbaugh for doing it. Clearly he knew what he was doing. I'm sure he saw Kaepernick do things in practice that made it an easy decision for him. Kaepernick made throws last night that I've never seen Alex Smith make. To play like that in Foxboro in just your fifth career start is something special. If that team develops a threatening passing game, then they are literally flawless. They already have a great coach, great running game, and great defense. Add a good passing game to that and they are about as perfect a football team as you can have.

What about Randy Moss catching a TD last night in Foxboro?

I like Collinsworth's analysis too, but he misses some obvious important things. Like Pats starting CB Dennard got hurt in the second quarter and he NEVER came back. He never mentioned that. It was critical when his crappy backup Arrington got burned in the 3rd Q and then burned when isolated 1-on-1 for the TD that broke the 31-31 tie
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

What if Peyton had gone to the Niners? Frank Gore to hand off to, Michael Crabtree to throw to.....there would be serious talk about them going undefeated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Whoever is responsible for scheduling this Monday Night Jets-Titans game should be fired immediately. What an awful choice for a December MNF game.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

With the Jets, as 7-3 deficit seems far more insurmountable than a 31-3 deficit seemed last night, even at the time.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this Jets/Titans game shows the importance of a halfway decent quarterback. These two QBs are horrible, and their teams are horrible. They're sacked on every possession--which invariably is a three-and-out. Awful football.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

lol... I jinxed them.

10 points.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watched last night's 49ers/Patriots game from a bar in Dallas. For better or worse, I knew I wouldn't get to town in time to see the Steelers play (but given the way our season has derailed, that's okay.) The bar at the hotel ended up with about 400 people in it after the stadium emptied out, and was about 50% Steelers jerseys and 50% Cowboys jerseys.

Interestingly enough, everybody got along fine after the game. And everybody gathered together to cheer for SF. It was quite hilarious how everybody wanted NE to lose. Not sure that many Cowboys fans in one place have ever agreed to cheer for the 49ers before. I get the Steelers dislike... Spygate actually did involve the Steelers, we've lost too many AFC Title games in Pittsburgh to those guys. But Dallas... they're not even in the same conference. What do they care?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mark Sanchez is terrible.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Mark Sanchez is terrible.
    Yep. Now way he's a Jet next year. Had already thrown 3 INT's and his team is driving to score late in a game they are somehow still in and throws a 4th goal line INT. Just unreal. The Jets are going to get the ball back, but Sanchez is still their QB so I'd be shocked if they pull it off.

LOL they fumbled the snap after getting the ball back. Hilarious. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch...
    Last edited by travmil; 12-17-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Yep. Now way he's a Jet next year. Had already thrown 3 INT's and his team is driving to score late in a game they are somehow still in and throws a 4th goal line INT. Just unreal. The Jets are going to get the ball back, but Sanchez is still their QB so I'd be shocked if they pull it off.
    5th interception is coming. No doubt about it.

LMAO.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Tirico...

that's the way the game should end, that's the way the Jets season should end.

lol

Please don't give these clowns any nationally televised games next year.

Mood

ESPN just showed a highlight of Tebow, said "look at the strenght and accuracy of Tebow throwing it on the run out of bounds". LOL!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

The MNF crew is just ROASTING the Jets on SportsCenter right now...

Calling them dysfunctional (duh!) and saying that the combo they have is obviously not the right combo (again duh!).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    5th interception is coming. No doubt about it.
    Did you see the throw he threw that 4th INT on? He TRIPLE pumped. I didn't play beyond high school and didn't even play QB and I know you don't do that. I don't care how good you think your line and your wr's are, they aren't giving you enough time to triple pump and if the line does give you that time, your receivers are covered like a rug. This is basic high school **** that Sanchez is screwing up.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

BTW, in the 2009 draft, the Jets traded up with Cleveland from 17 to 5 to select Sanchez. Cleveland then traded that 17th pick to Tampa. Who did Tampa take with that 17th pick? Josh Freeman. LOL!
    Last edited by travmil; 12-18-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Mood

BTW, in the 2009 draft, the Jets traded up with Cleveland from 17 to 5 to select Sanchez. Cleveland then traded that 17th pick to Tampa. Who did Tampa take with that 17th pick? Josh Freeman. LOL!
    Who did Cleveland get... was that Colt McCoy?
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Who did Cleveland get... was that Colt McCoy?
    No, Cleveland actually traded that pick back down twice. They traded from 17 to 19 with Tampa and then from 19 to 21 with Philly where they selected Alex Mack who is their pro bowl center. They also got a 6th rounder from Philly used on James Davis who is currently out of football. As far as McCoy, I forget exactly where it was but that pick came from New England.

The MNF crew is just ROASTING the Jets on SportsCenter right now...

Calling them dysfunctional (duh!) and saying that the combo they have is obviously not the right combo (again duh!).
    Dilfer was getting extremely animated. You know an analyst is serious when they say "NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE" instead of "NFL".

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Stephen A. Smith just called them a joke and circus on Sportcenter. Said that New Yorkers expect and deserve better. Said that Rex doesn't coach offense, firing Brian Schottenheimer as OC was a mistake, bringing in Sparano as OC was a mistake, bringing in Tebow was a mistake, Tannenbaum needs to go, Rex needs to go, Tebow needs to go, they need to get a front office and coaching combo that can give the crew they have a chance. Hard to argue with him.

Mood

No, Cleveland actually traded that pick back down twice. They traded from 17 to 19 with Tampa and then from 19 to 21 with Philly where they selected Alex Mack who is their pro bowl center. They also got a 6th rounder from Philly used on James Davis who is currently out of football. As far as McCoy, I forget exactly where it was but that pick came from New England.
    Yeah I looked that up, Mack was a good selection, and yeah was pretty sad what happened to James Davis.
    Why so SERIOUS