Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Non-Colts thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened? I'm not watching.
    Snap was on the ground, he turned to get it and his knee rotated pass where it is supposed to go and he fall to the ground and did not get up for atleast 4 minutes
    Why so SERIOUS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What is with Washington's center?

I have been really, really impressed with Russell Wilson tonight. That guy is a cool customer, a natural born leader, and makes smart decisions. He's going to be a good one.

This is a really interesting came to watch. Two teams clearly on the rise with (in my mind) three solid rookie QBs. Kirk Cousins will be a starter in a year or two somewhere. I liked him coming out of Michigan State.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

That's probably game right there.

Bleh, please Notre Dame win tomorrow so I don't go crazy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Bleh, please Notre Dame win tomorrow so I don't go crazy
    You might as well go to an crazy house now...
    Why so SERIOUS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well if it is an ACL or equally serious injury, I could see them keeping Cousins for the next season, unless RGIII goes Adrian Peterson on the league next season.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Well if it is an ACL or equally serious injury, I could see them keeping Cousins for the next season, unless RGIII goes Adrian Peterson on the league next season.
    I doubt they would trade Cousins this soon anyways, but who knows...
    Why so SERIOUS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

The Redskins are going to have to reconsider how they're using RG3, guy has been really beat up the second half of this season and it isn't sustainable for a long-term career path. They should be using him more like McNabb or Elway and less like Vick.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well D.C. got to see both ends of either being really cautious (Stephen Strausberg) or letting them play too hard (RGIII), and it didn't work out well either way in the end, but I'm sure the Nationals feel a little better today than the Redskins do.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

The way he was moving after the game I don't think it was an ACL, but I have to admit I have never seen a knee buckle like that with a knee brace on so it's tough for me to think that it was really just a strained LCL to begin with but what do I know.

Hope the kid is ok, but they really need to get him started on the pro style offense because that offensive scheme was a **** show as soon as his legs left him today.

Also, Washington should be embarrassed by their field. What a piece of **** that was you can make an argument that part of the reason his leg got stuck in the first place was the field.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Man I would be upset at how poorly the Skins have guarded RG3's health if I were a fan. Like someone else said this guy should be your McNabb-style quarterback for the next decade. Just extremely upsetting.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Earlier this yr. sure. But today he got hurt of a late hit and on two scrambles cause our line ant block. Oh, and bc for whatever reason our center couldn't snap today.

I woulda pulled RG3. Hindsight is 20/20. But it was funny troy kept saying pull RG3 and the same play ran for 8 yards then threw a strike for a first down.

He looked decent, but e has looked decent the last 5 or 6 weeks.

He is definitely hurting, though he walked ofd the field fine (then could barely walk in the locker room)

i agree the field was a joke

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I woulda pulled RG3 two games ago. The way he dragged his leg at the end of out-of-bounds runs.... his loss of mobility.... it's been clear to me that he was injured more than they were letting on, and the article disclosed by his doc this morning just confirms it.

Shanahan is pullin some shenanighans. He's saying this, when reality is that isn't true. He said the doc told him to let him go out there, when in fact the doc said the exact opposite. Now he's saying he let RG3 stay in because RG3 "wanted to". Dude, you're the head honcho --- if you 1) can't recognize that your guy is badly hurt, and 2) don't realize that he's hurting your team's chances, and/or 3) don't have the balls to stand up to a rookie, or 4) is pressured from above to put the "money maker" on the field --- then the process is f'd from the start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...ut-of-the-game

This guy sums me up perfectly --- as I watched the game and watched how ineffective he was becoming and how much he was hobbling, I kept saying yank him. He's going to really hurt that knee, you watch. And then that fumbled snap and knee buckling occurred and I told my buddies "Yup" they just ruined this kid. Horrible management by the 'Skins of the entire scenario. I still doubt the entire system they stuck him, instead of trying to develop him, they catered to what he knew, and that style is gonna get him killed.... just puts him in positions to get hurt. He got hurt a LOT this year. A LOT. It wasn't just his knee. I'm pretty certain he suffered at least 2 concussions, also. And he has no idea how to slide or take a hit properly, which is just a recipe for disaster. Combine that with his coaches and management's propensity to prop him up out there for God knows what reason (probly $$$) when he's clearly injured ---- it was an assinine situation. This didn't have to happen. They have Cousins back there, who proved on multiple occasions that he's at least capable of comin' in and doing something, RG3 was not the only and clear answer. Hell, their play down the stretch wasn't even hinged on RG3 anyway --- it was their D and Morris. They actually averaged less points per game during that stretch than they did in the first half of the season.

And not to pile on... but I've said this season that RG3 says things on occasion that raise red flags for me, and he comes out after tonight and says this:

""I'm the quarterback of this team," Griffin said. "My job is to be out there if I can play. And to answer the next question, no, I don't feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way. I'm the best option for this team, and that's why I'm the starter."

Who says that????? Those are the words of a conceited man. It's like RG has bought into his own Superman hype and really does think he's all that and a bag of chips. Could you imagine ANY other quarterback in this league saying that?? Luck? Manning? This comment floored me. It not only showed his incredible ego, but also threw his backup under the bus at the same time, saying he's teh "best option". If I was Cousins, I'd be like... givin' him the 1-finger salute.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

The team doctor thing concerns me, but its also weird it comes out while he is touring for a new book.

Be curious what shanny says in reply to that article. I bet he says he talked to one of the assistants who talked to the doc

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll even say this about Cousins.... they're on their way to ruining that kid, too. I actually think Cousins has NFL-caliber abilities, a possible good starter in this league down the road, hell maybe even for the 'Skins. He gets thrown into the worst situations because of their lack of game-planning and Griffin's propensity to miss time. Poor kid, gets thrown in tonight halfway through the 4th quarter of a playoff game, into a no huddle that he apparently has had very little practice with, in a run-option type offense that clearly doesn't suit his skillset, down 2 scores. I mean... talk about just absolutely shoving the kid out in front of a bus on an interstate. He still managed to make a few completions.

I'll tell ya what, man.... by the end of that game, it felt like a circus to me.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-07-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Wait, what?

They are going to ruin him because he got put in a bad situation

was he ruined when he was winning the Games he won earlier this tear as well?

yeah in a perfect qorld that injury woulda happened earlier in the game but its not like they planned on him coming in with 5 minutes left.

The kid still gets repa in practice. Just not as much as RG. You know, the starting qb....

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Earlier this yr. sure. But today he got hurt of a late hit and on two scrambles cause our line ant block. Oh, and bc for whatever reason our center couldn't snap today.

I woulda pulled RG3. Hindsight is 20/20. But it was funny troy kept saying pull RG3 and the same play ran for 8 yards then threw a strike for a first down.

He looked decent, but e has looked decent the last 5 or 6 weeks.

He is definitely hurting, though he walked ofd the field fine (then could barely walk in the locker room)

i agree the field was a joke
    I don't mean to be a jerk here VA, but when I see you complain about the Skins line all I can do is chuckle a bit. I would give anything to have that line compared to ours.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

IMO Shanahan is taking advantage of RGIII's competitive fire which I think is really dangerous. Andrews is a known expert so I am going to go with him and I think Shanahan is being really reckless. He needed to save his job this year more than anything else.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I woulda pulled RG3 two games ago. The way he dragged his leg at the end of out-of-bounds runs.... his loss of mobility.... it's been clear to me that he was injured more than they were letting on, and the article disclosed by his doc this morning just confirms it.

Shanahan is pullin some shenanighans. He's saying this, when reality is that isn't true. He said the doc told him to let him go out there, when in fact the doc said the exact opposite. Now he's saying he let RG3 stay in because RG3 "wanted to". Dude, you're the head honcho --- if you 1) can't recognize that your guy is badly hurt, and 2) don't realize that he's hurting your team's chances, and/or 3) don't have the balls to stand up to a rookie, or 4) is pressured from above to put the "money maker" on the field --- then the process is f'd from the start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...ut-of-the-game

This guy sums me up perfectly --- as I watched the game and watched how ineffective he was becoming and how much he was hobbling, I kept saying yank him. He's going to really hurt that knee, you watch. And then that fumbled snap and knee buckling occurred and I told my buddies "Yup" they just ruined this kid. Horrible management by the 'Skins of the entire scenario. I still doubt the entire system they stuck him, instead of trying to develop him, they catered to what he knew, and that style is gonna get him killed.... just puts him in positions to get hurt. He got hurt a LOT this year. A LOT. It wasn't just his knee. I'm pretty certain he suffered at least 2 concussions, also. And he has no idea how to slide or take a hit properly, which is just a recipe for disaster. Combine that with his coaches and management's propensity to prop him up out there for God knows what reason (probly $$$) when he's clearly injured ---- it was an assinine situation. This didn't have to happen. They have Cousins back there, who proved on multiple occasions that he's at least capable of comin' in and doing something, RG3 was not the only and clear answer. Hell, their play down the stretch wasn't even hinged on RG3 anyway --- it was their D and Morris. They actually averaged less points per game during that stretch than they did in the first half of the season.

And not to pile on... but I've said this season that RG3 says things on occasion that raise red flags for me, and he comes out after tonight and says this:

""I'm the quarterback of this team," Griffin said. "My job is to be out there if I can play. And to answer the next question, no, I don't feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way. I'm the best option for this team, and that's why I'm the starter."

Who says that????? Those are the words of a conceited man. It's like RG has bought into his own Superman hype and really does think he's all that and a bag of chips. Could you imagine ANY other quarterback in this league saying that?? Luck? Manning? This comment floored me. It not only showed his incredible ego, but also threw his backup under the bus at the same time, saying he's teh "best option". If I was Cousins, I'd be like... givin' him the 1-finger salute.
    Eh, I think you are overreacting to the comment, but I agree with a lot of what you are saying otherwise. I just don't think Shanahan is the right guy to coach him. Shanahan has always been known to ride his stars into oblivion and I think RGIII could already be in jeopardy of that. We will have to see what the MRI shows.

Griffin was being asked a lot of leading questions and he gave an honest answer on what he believes which I think is the kid's MO. I don't know he's still only what 22? He's got a lot of time to continue to develop how responds to questions.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The team doctor thing concerns me, but its also weird it comes out while he is touring for a new book.

Be curious what shanny says in reply to that article. I bet he says he talked to one of the assistants who talked to the doc
    I mean Andrews is THE guy when it comes to joint injuries. He perfected Tommy John surgery and he is really become big on ACLs recently, didn't he do AP's reconstruction? He's the guy the Pacers brought into consult on Danny's knee. I mean he is a rock star, by himself he has probably moved orthopaedic medicine forward 20 years.

Bayless on Twitter tried to pin Andrews as the bad guy, said his comments made RGIII nervous and is what caused the injury today, so the fact that Bayless is being a jackass should tell you that Andrews is probably in the right here.

I don't know if you saw Andrews face as he walked off the field behind RGIII after he got hurt today but he looked like he wanted to be sick.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Wait, what?

They are going to ruin him because he got put in a bad situation

was he ruined when he was winning the Games he won earlier this tear as well?

yeah in a perfect qorld that injury woulda happened earlier in the game but its not like they planned on him coming in with 5 minutes left.

The kid still gets repa in practice. Just not as much as RG. You know, the starting qb....
    Yeah, but I think the big question right now is when did the injury really happen VA.

Was it really that 4th quarter event or was that event just a result of an injury that had already happen? Was it in the 2nd quarter? Has the injury been worse than expressed to the media since the initial hit?

That was a beefy brace, a really beefy brace, and for RGIII's knee to buckle like that with that kind of a brace on? Well I don't know, like I said I'm no medical expert, but I am having a tough time swallowing that it was just an LCL strain this whole. RGIII was dragging that leg around after he slid out of bounds. He had no pop and zero ability to cut, which is a sign of one specific injury that we all know about.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, as a Skins fan you can't be feeling great right now about what the MRI is going to reveal, RGIII was pretty adamant in the post game after the first knee injury that it didn't feel like an ACL. Today we get "Honestly, it's up in the air for me right now".

My opinion? He tore the ACL in the first quarter when the knee caught and slid to a funny stop as he fell out of bounds. I thought then it looked like a typical way that an ACL goes. I think they took him in, gave him a pain killer, slapped that absurd brace back on and he went back out, he never really cut after that, indicating to me a failure of the ACL. A structurally sound knee doesn't not bend this way in a non-contact injury folks, JMO.

And that is with that crazy *** knee brace which is about twice as beefy as what Luck wears as a precaution.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-07-2013 at 02:36 AM.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

I was pretty weirded out by the best option thing as well, though I wasn't really sure what the context was. It's not really his call to say who the best option is--that's on the coach. I don't want to say that makes him conceited or anything, but it's a very strange thing to say.

I would be calling for Shanahan's job if I were a Skins fan. I think he has put his own short term gain over the long-term health of that franchise. And hell, considering how important RG3 could be for this league, he's costing the NFL as a whole quite a bit with his stupidity.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, as a Skins fan you can't be feeling great right now about what the MRI is going to reveal, RGIII was pretty adamant in the post game after the first knee injury that it didn't feel like an ACL. Today we get "Honestly, it's up in the air for me right now".

My opinion? He tore the ACL in the first quarter when the knee caught and slid to a funny stop as he fell out of bounds. I thought then it looked like a typical way that an ACL goes. I think they took him in, gave him a pain killer, slapped that absurd brace back on and he went back out, he never really cut after that, indicating to me a failure of the ACL. A structurally sound knee doesn't not bend this way in a non-contact injury folks, JMO.

And that is with that crazy *** knee brace which is about twice as beefy as what Luck wears as a precaution.
    THIS is a big part of what pissed me off. I thought it was clear that he was out there playing on a knee made of Jell-O. Absolutely no concern for his health or career. And then you have the reports about how uneasy Andrews is about the whole thing.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post: