Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm done arguing with Colts fans rarely find unbiased ones I just find most of them ridcoulous.
    We're ridiculous because we don't agree that a quarterback who threw it a whopping 18 times was "tossing dimes left and right"?

And hell yeah we're biased, just like every other fan base is. When you cut ties with a HOF QB and have a rookie lead you to an incredible 11-5 season while making many clutch plays in the process, then yeah, you're going to be biased towards that rookie. Of course we are biased towards Luck. We watch him every weak and have an obvious fondness for him. He threw the ball 234 more times than RG3 and was asked to do far more with his arm than RGIII. We give him points for that. He also didn't have a monster running back like Morris on his team. Luck would almost be unstoppable if he had a running threat like that behind him.

But acting like Colts fans are the only ones with bias is just silly. I think your obvious anti-Colts bias is just as strong as our pro-Colts bias.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-31-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only one mistake Wilson is playing far beyond expectations. I don't know if anyone though he would start let alone play like an elite QB this year. Also arguing about injuries is lol this is football everyone is hurt. I never complain about injuries and the Bears have them bad every year. But this is a contact sport **** happens. Also saying Wilson and RG won't last is lol. Again this is football tons of HOF QBs careers were derailed due to hits. In football you are one hit from being hurt PM proved that. No matter your build you can get hurt 5 years is a long career in football. I'm done arguing with Colts fans rarely find unbiased ones I just find most of them ridcoulous.
    Good the feeling is mutual then, since I don't care for most of your immature know-it-all posts.

And, incorrect on Wilson. He has had a small faction of people who felt he had big things coming and was underexposed, and I've personallyy said all season that I think whole-heartedly that he and Luck are by far the two best LONG-TERM prospects from this draft.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Are you freaking serious?

D-Hall shut Bryant down, if that is the injury you were talking about. Liek I have said twice already, I guess its a good thing the Redskins had a 100% healthy team

In Hawgtown? Thats cute. What did you do, stay up all night thinking that up?
    4 for 71 is now shutting someone down? Wow! The low expectations of the Redskins have really come through then?

If the NFC East wasn't a complete dumpster fire this season then the Redskins don't make the playoffs but to their credit they did. There is nothing wrong with that but as a NFL fan I don't get blinded or fooled by a crappy divison.

Celebrate all you want but it doesn't change the fact that RG3 is playing in a system that will get him hurt and long term as a fan of him I would be concerned. Making the playoffs as a fan makes very little difference to me. It doesn't change anything unless a champiionship is won and with RG3 is a step in the right direction but in that system I think they are fools gold.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 12-31-2012 at 02:35 PM.

It's pretty pathetic that the Giants couldn't win that division. There's no excuse for that team going 9-7. None. They should have won 11 games. They are maddening.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With Dez hell yeah it is!

Your lame sarcasm aside, as much as i hate dez he has shown he can be a hall of famer. Is he will or not is another story.

You can insult the conference and team all you want, we are still champs.

you, and everyone else, can tell us its fools gold and it wont last. Just like all the idiots who said we overpaid for RG3and wouldn't do **** with him

And lmfao lol @ playoffs dont matter.

Last i checked you play the game to win. To play in the second season. To hopefully win it all

last i checked you cant do the latter without the former

but thank you for allowing me to celebrate our first nfc championship since 99.

Yall enjoy keeping the hate up. Bits kind of entertaining cause yall dont drop the clown act. The only way it would be better would be if we won the SB. Im sure it would just be a "fluke" though

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's pretty pathetic that the Giants couldn't win that division. There's no excuse for that team going 9-7. None. They should have won 11 games. They are maddening.
    Karma for Mara screwing Dallas and Washington.

Sigh
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

And lmfao lol @ playoffs dont matter.

Last i checked you play the game to win. To play in the second season. To hopefully win it all

last i checked you cant do the latter without the former

but thank you for allowing me to celebrate our first nfc championship since 99.

Yall enjoy keeping the hate up. Bits kind of entertaining cause yall dont drop the clown act. The only way it would be better would be if we won the SB. Im sure it would just be a "fluke" though

You certainly deserve to be happy. It was a massive win for your franchise. You were better than every team in your division and deserve to be in the playoffs. You had two big victories against Dallas and that extremely clutch Monday Night win against the Giants. Your team certainly deserves to be playing next weekend. I like how the NFL rewards winning a division.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

With Dez hell yeah it is!

Your lame sarcasm aside, as much as i hate dez he has shown he can be a hall of famer. Is he will or not is another story.

You can insult the conference and team all you want, we are still champs.

you, and everyone else, can tell us its fools gold and it wont last. Just like all the idiots who said we overpaid for RG3and wouldn't do **** with him
    Being a champ of a weak divison for a long time I never hung my hate on that... Its about as stupid as it gets IMO as a fan. Does it matter in the long run? Not really and as a fan I know that my team is not likely to win another game which is the same as the redskins. I don't think that is meaningful in the least but if the either the Colts or the Redskins get to the superbowl then I will be shocked and all praise should go to them IMO. Do I expect that to happen this year? No..

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think RG3 is bad... I don't think the 'Skins didn't earn a hard-earned division champ. I don't think a ROY is more important than some playoff wins. I obviously hope that Luck and the Colts have much team success in the post-season.

Success and awards aren't an either/or thing for me as it is for some of you obviously. Every time I even mention a ROY, I get a lot of "who cares, I want wins" responses. Well no ****. I do too. You might as well say "who cares about food, I want oxygen to survive." Here's a little hint --- You can have both. And why not?

When I watch these guys with my own eyes and put everything into perspective with my football knowledge, I see a stud in Luck, a slightly lesser stud in Wilson, and a bit of fool's gold with RG3. That's it. The fool's gold will fool a lot of fools, lol. I see the system they're running, I see the stats he's putting up, it makes sense. I know where this story will eventually end. I see holes in his game that he's yet to answer for me, namely running a true pro style offense, which I personally believe he's going to HAVE to figure out eventually if he's going to be this so called "greatest player in history". These options and spreads and west-coasts hybrids aren't going to get him there. And I don't know if he has what it takes to do it.

Wilson is a straight-up baller; I was turned on to him by Gruden and after watching his footage, I whole-heartedly agreed. Under-exposed, under-rated, and mostly because he came on late at Wisconsin being there only 1 year, and he's short. To me he's an athletic Drew Brees --- which is absolutely lethal. He's a pocket passer first and he's fantastic at it, but he's even more fantastic moving around to extend plays and he has absolutely killer instincts.

Luck to me, though, is performing small miracles. He started with and continues to have the worst overall team. A team that gave up 300+ yards rushing just a week ago. An o-line that still cannot protect him. Very small resemblance of a running game. NOthing but rookie receivers to throw to (minus Wayne). He's playing in Peyton Manning's shadow. I don't see Wilson or RG3 being able to do that last one. I'm sorry. Manning is, as of now, the greatest player to play, and he's still playing... and Luck walked inot the house that the greatest player ever built and had to take over, and he produced 11 wins and broke numerous records and had the highest usage and most on his shoulders, all while dealing with a coach that was damn near dying. And he's out there running his own offense and calling most of his own plays; which the other two are not. To me, the context and the results aren't even close when considering the three. Luck is the real man amongst this group of man-childs. To me it's like the NBA draft of 2003 --- LeBron, Carmelo, DWade, and Bosh all went early... all were very good to great players.... but it's no contest as to who eventually was the best player in that group. Even if DWade won a ring first. I've made multiple mentions about Luck being the NFL version of LeBron in regards to smarts, athleticism, size, strength, vision --- that total package that LeBron posseses. Luck, to me, possesses the same rare traits, but Luck even exceeds a young LeBron in leadership and maturity and clutchness.

Outside of all of that context, look at wins. Luck and Wilson tied, RG3, slightly less. Total touchdowns, Wilson > Luck > RG3. Total yards, Luck > RG3 > Wilson. Records, Luck >>>> RG3 and Wilson.

Luck played in a deep vertical, and therefore, the most error-prone offense, while RG3 played in the least. That explains Lucks much higher yardage and attempts, but also his lower completion percentage and more INTs. RG3 threw it way less often, and when he did throw, it was usually short, high-completion rate passes with high YAC, and when he did go to throw deep he faced way less defensive backfield coverage because they were all up in run support, whereas Luck was constantly throwing into double and triple coverage because nobody respected Indy's run game and they dropped more back in coverage. RG3 led all in YAC which is more system than individual.

So context-wise, I think Luck wins easily. Stat-wise, RG3 really isn't even the top guy there, either --- and yet all you really hear is RG3 is going ot get this thing. That doesn't make sense to me and that's why I look at hype and exposure and his "cool factor" as to why he's going to steal this thing.

Based off actual football achievements and not hype, I think the ROY voting should be Luck > Wilson > RG3. I'd place more importance on Morris, but I'd just get laughed out of the building, because "he gets all of his stats from RG3", ya know...

I still think that order is how it will play out 3-5 years from now.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Being a champ of a weak divison for a long time I never hung my hate on that... Its about as stupid as it gets IMO as a fan. Does it matter in the long run? Not really and as a fan I know that my team is not likely to win another game which is the same as the redskins. I don't think that is meaningful in the least but if the either the Colts or the Redskins get to the superbowl then I will be shocked and all praise should go to them IMO. Do I expect that to happen this year? No..
    really? I expect both to win at least one game, maybe 2.

Maybe im just crazy ?

I see it RG3, then luck, but I digress

and of you watched at least half the games you'd realize why your laughing is out of place. With no RG3 running that zone read Morris doesn't grt half of his yards.

And thats no knock on the young man. He had an amazing season, but a huge part pf his gains this yr was off of the dive option or triple wing option

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see it RG3, then luck, but I digress

and of you watched at least half the games you'd realize why your laughing is out of place. With no RG3 running that zone read Morris doesn't grt half of his yards.

And thats no knock on the young man. He had an amazing season, but a huge part pf his gains this yr was off of the dive option or triple wing option
    My argument against that is if MOrris benefitted from a system, how did RG3 *not* benefit from it? I think that's setting a double standard, and why I think all these arguments fall through. It's not fair to say Morris benefits from a system, but RG3 does not. Of course RG3 benefits from that college option hybrid --- it's taking the league by storm right now and he's racking up production. Regardless, if we're going on pure results, even if you honestly think Morris got all his production because of RG3, Morris still executed a ridiculously amazing season, statistically. 1600+ yards, 13 touchdowns.... that's a damn good season. That's Adrian Peterson-type production. And last night was the most important game of the year for Wash, and who did they ride? Not a slightly gimpy RG3 --- they pounded the ball 33 times with Morris. He had 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. This is the NFL, you don't get your stats from the guy standing next to you, at some point in time you're at least mostly responsible for your own production. That was moneyball time, and Morris is who they rode.

As much hype as RG3, his season statistically was.... okay. It wasn't amazing. I think a 3200 yard season by a quarterback is less impressive than a 1600 yard season by a running back... and this isn't even a running league anymore, really.

I too cracked up about the "throwing dimes"... RG3 threw it 18 times. And as bad as the Cowgirls are, they weren't giving RG3 much respect run-wise, they knew he was gimped... so how Morris got all his yards because they were focused on RG3 is beyond my reasoning. Ball don't lie.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-31-2012 at 04:34 PM.

RG3 sis benefit from the system. They only cut back on the otpion plays. But rhey definotly cut back big time the middle of the season. Ot seems lately they just want him to learn to slide more

i agree morris has been money all season, and the zone blocking scheme has been huge. Of course the oline has been great as well

as for your last point, we killed them with pa passrs in dallas. They had 2 safties deep all game. They dared us to run the ball.....and as you said ball dont lie

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not a very smart gameplan on Dallas' behalf to dare the best running team in the league to run. "Hey, let's let them use their strength and take away the weaker side of their offense and see if it works."

'Course, no one said Dallas was a good team or very smart. Either that, or they just figured they had no chance at stopping the run, so they just let it come. 274 rushing yards allowed usually results in a loss... unless you're the Colts.

These rookie class of QBs has been outstanding. Lets not take away from any of them. The teams who drafted QBs last year were very fortunate, well with the exception of Cleveland. In regards to the success the Redskins had with RG3 was out I think that has much more to do with how good Kirk Cousins is then anything else. I don't think Cousins will end up being nearly as good as RG3 but I think Cousins would have started and enjoyed some success had he been on a handful of other teams in the league this year. If he turns out to be a decent QB that will just make this year's class of QBs even better.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    These rookie class of QBs has been outstanding. Lets not take away from any of them. The teams who drafted QBs last year were very fortunate, well with the exception of Cleveland. In regards to the success the Redskins had with RG3 was out I think that has much more to do with how good Kirk Cousins is then anything else. I don't think Cousins will end up being nearly as good as RG3 but I think Cousins would have started and enjoyed some success had he been on a handful of other teams in the league this year. If he turns out to be a decent QB that will just make this year's class of QBs even better.
    The Skins are probably going to get a decent package for Cousins, especially since they had to trade some of this upcoming draft to get RGIII.

They're all really good QB's, and even Weeden and Tannehill were decent. I would say though that I had at least heard from Bill Simmons before the season that he thought the Seahawks would be a playoff team and because of Russell Wilson. (think he even picked them to go to the Super Bowl, though he said they would win the division)
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I'm done arguing with Colts fans rarely find unbiased ones I just find most of them ridcoulous.
    No one cares who you argue with.

That Seattle-Washington game is going to be sweet. Can't wait for the playoffs.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

According to Schefter the Niners have signed Billy Cundiff as their kicker

I see Lil Harbaugh didn't talk to Big Harbaugh on this one.

RGIII's getting beat to hell out there. If the Colts had drafted him, he'd probably be dead right now.

The Colts must have loaned Seattle a couple of guys from their OL for this game.

RG3 just tore his ACL.

And Griffin's hurt again. Poor guy, OlBlu really put a jinx on him.

That was a blatant PI.

Seahawks with 24 unanswered points.

What happened? I'm not watching.