Thread: Non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    officially he is "questionable"

unofficially though he is "out"-- see the last line

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...able-patriots/
    Yeah I never got my hopes up too much, but I was definitely praying for a miracle. Oh well, I'll have him for like 8 years in my fantasy league because it's a keeper league and I don't envision a scenario where I ever let him go.

Good news for Pats fans though that he's at least back out there. Looks like he'll be ready to go for the playoffs.

Is there a more bizarre team in football than the New York Giants? Some weeks, like last week, they look like a team that is on the verge of defending their title. Other weeks, like today, they look a team that has no business whatsoever of being anywhere near the playoffs. They are one of the most perplexing teams I've ever seen in any sport.

Big statement win by the Falcons today. But the thing is, I could easily see the Giants going into Atlanta and winning in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-16-2012 at 04:05 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Houston's win and Denver's win means the Patriots must win tonight or drop to the #3 seed. A loss would leave little hope of catching Denver, who finishes at home vs. the Browns and the Chiefs.

The Ravens are just awful right now.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I obviously want the Colts to play the Ravens if they make the playoffs. That would be much much much better than playing New England or Denver.

The Ravens' big opportunity was last year. That AFC Championship game in New England was very winnable, but they just didn't make the plays at the end.

I think New England will beat the Niners tonight, though I expect the Niners too look much better than the Texans last week (though it would be hard to play worse). Kaepernick is going to have to make some huge plays in Foxboro for the Niners to win and I just don't see it. If he does make some plays to pull out a win though, then I guess the debate about whether Harbaugh made the right call or not will be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Is there a more bizarre team in football than the New York Giants? Some weeks, like last week, they look like a team that is on the verge of defending their title. Other weeks, like today, they look a team that has no business whatsoever of being anywhere near the playoffs. They are one of the most perplexing teams I've ever seen in any sport.

Big statement win by the Falcons today. But the thing is, I could easily see the Giants going into Atlanta and winning in the playoffs.
    They really are one tough nut. I've given up on trying to figure them out when it comes to the regular season.

I love watching the bears collapse.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    They really are one tough nut. I've given up on trying to figure them out when it comes to the regular season.

I love watching the bears collapse.

Me too. I can't sand the Bears.

The Giants won two out of five Super Bowls in epic fashion. Two wins at Lambeau and two Super Bowls against New England. They only won one home playoff game during those two runs, which was last year against Atlanta. It's remarkable what they accomplished. But how can a team that goes on playoff runs like that be so incredibly average in the regular season year after year? It's perplexing.

Eli has a playoff resume' that is matched only by Brady. I guess you could put Big Ben in there too because he's come up big in the playoffs. But what's so disappointing about Eli is that he's never been able to put the Giants on his back in the regular season year after year and will them to 11+ wins. That's what great quarterbacks too. Obviously the playoffs are important and Eli's playoff resume' can go up against anyone's, but you risk not even making the playoffs when you have so many mediocre regular seasons like the Giants have had. Peyton and Brady basically guarantee their teams 12+ wins year after year and that's what makes them special. I keep waiting for Eli to get to that level and it never happens. It's what holds him back when you grade his career.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

hahahaha.In the NFC now there is bedlam.5 teams(Washington,Chicago,NY,Minnesota and Dallas) have right now a 8-6 record.
    BTW Bengals at Steelers should be fun next week.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, NE getting smashed!

49ers are absolutely pulverizing the Pats. Man Harbaugh can coach. Oh, and this game ends what was left of the Kaepernick-Smith debate. Kaepernick is simply the more talented player and can make throws that Smith can't. Just think how good this guy could be once he gets experience under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    hahahaha.In the NFC now there is bedlam.5 teams(Washington,Chicago,NY,Minnesota and Dallas) have right now a 8-6 record.
    BTW Bengals at Steelers should be fun next week.
    It would be 6 teams if the Seahawks hadn't been gifted a win by the replacement refs against the Packers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This year is so weird.

Teams that smashed a very good team the week before get smashed the next week, sometimes by an inferior team. There is just no continuity at all.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Why is New England's offensive line so good while ours is so terrible? Is it talent? Is it coaching? It just blows my mind how ours can be so terrible while other QB's have enough time to take a dump and read a Chris Baldwin article before feeling any pressure.

Pats tie it at 31 after trailing 31-3.

TD Niners! That was fast!

I absolutely hate it when teams go to the prevent. It backfires so much, and yet teams keep doing it.

Mood

I anticipated a good game tonight and it has lived up to its billing.

I just love everything about Sunday Night Football. The match-ups, the graphics, the presentation, the awesome HD-quality. I've actually always kind of liked Collingsworth too. He is quick at pointing stuff out. He teaches you more than most color guys, IMO.

LOL at Brady's tantrum after the Niners' first timeout.

I just love everything about Sunday Night Football. The match-ups, the graphics, the presentation, the awesome HD-quality. I've actually always kind of liked Collingsworth too. He is quick at pointing stuff out. He teaches you more than most color guys, IMO.

Agreed.

I very rarely watch a full 60 minutes of a non-colts regular season game. I watched that entire niners game. Entertaining football at its finest.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    It would be 6 teams if the Seahawks hadn't been gifted a win by the replacement refs against the Packers.
    Seattle is sneaky good too though. The NFC is a lot more interesting than the AFC as I could make a claim for Atlanta (w/HFA), Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington (healthy RGIII) all potentially getting to the Super Bowl. They're all very good teams, but none are so dominate like Denver and New England probably are in AFC (If one of those two doesn't make Super Bowl in AFC I'd be shocked). New England just had a terrible game vs SF and a let down from the Houston game, I don't see it as some huge flaw for them going forward that wasn't already known.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Solozzo, Ridley may not see the field again this year, after those two fumbles!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Kaepernick is the real deal
    Smothered Chicken!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Kaep too.He seems to be really accurate with his throws and assured.

Mood

Wonder what Skip will say to day about Harbaugh making the switch to Kapernic over A Smith after being critical of the move after last weeks lose, lol
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've actually always kind of liked Collingsworth too. He is quick at pointing stuff out. He teaches you more than most color guys, IMO.
    I've never understood the Collinsworth hate. I like him too. He's like an articulate John Madden minus the Favre love fest. He was also good at the Olympics. Of course, working with Bob Costas and Al Michaels would make anyone look good but I don't think that's it. He's my favorite color man of the MNF, SNF, TNF groups by a pretty wide margin. He's light years better than Gruden. You ever really listen to Gruden. If you didn't know better, you'd think that every player and play he commented on was the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of sport. Add to that that ESPN forced Jaws, a guy who REALLY knows football, out of the booth to make room for Gruden and it's even worse.
    Last edited by travmil; 12-17-2012 at 11:01 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: