Thread: Non-Colts thread

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Broncos win tonight, just 2 teams in the AFC will be over 0.500. One of those, Baltimore, seems doomed by injury.

9 teams will have 3 losses, 7 at 3-3 and two at 2-3, having had an early bye (IND, PIT).

Parity has arrived.
    What some folks call parity others call mediocrity.......

Sad to see Lewis out for year (career?), but he's lost more than a few steps. Ellerbe and Kindle should be able to slide in and give us 90% of what Lewis gave us, at least on the field. Losing Webb for the year, however, is just a huge blow. That's going to be tough.

Still, I wouldn't write the Ravens off just yet. We haven't looked like an elite team, especially because the defense can't stop the run some games, and keeps our offense off the field. Probably being a homer here, but I'm optimistic that our D can get it together if TSuggs comes back. Can't underestimate just how important Suggs' ball pressure is to Ravens D. He's slated to come back November and could be in decent shape for playoffs.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Oh that just sucks. Helps my team in that division but that isn't the way you want to see Ray end his season or career.
    I'm glad that Ray's career is in jeopardy. He is a phony and a murderer. I like how the media paints this picture that he is a good guy, but in reality he is a piece of garbage
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I'm glad that Ray's career is in jeopardy. He is a phony and a murderer. I like how the media paints this picture that he is a good guy, but in reality he is a piece of garbage
    I know this little detail won't help your hat of Ray but he was found not guilty so he is not a murderer except in your mind. I think he has been a good guy and he has been great for the NFL...... But I can understand you having a player you just don't like.....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I know this little detail won't help your hat of Ray but he was found not guilty so he is not a murderer except in your mind. I think he has been a good guy and he has been great for the NFL...... But I can understand you having a player you just don't like.....
    Whatever Blu, Ray had something to do with that man losing his life. Perhaps Ray didn't directly kill him, but he was still part of the "posse"
    David "And One" West

If the Broncos win tonight, just 2 teams in the AFC will be over 0.500. One of those, Baltimore, seems doomed by injury.

9 teams will have 3 losses, 7 at 3-3 and two at 2-3, having had an early bye (IND, PIT).

Parity has arrived.
    Its a pretty big "IF"....Peyton always sucks agains SD
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Jets-Pats game next weekend should be good.

I think the Giants playing at their max potential are still the best team in the NFL. They completely demolished the Niners on the road.
    And the Giants have the leagues marquee QB, Eli Manning
    David "And One" West

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    And the Giants have the leagues marquee QB, Eli Manning
    It's true. Man he is good. Eli obviously has one of the most impressive playoff resume's ever. But what was missing from his resume' going into this season was him willing his team to great regular season records like Peyton and Brady do. If this season is any indication, it looks like he's finally going to start doing that as he enters the prime of his career. He is playing great right now and you can say with a straight face that he is the best QB in the NFL. I know it's brutally difficult to make back to back Super Bowls, but I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-15-2012 at 09:04 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

point of clarification: Ray Lewis was never found "not guilty" of anything in that murder case.

He negotiated a plea agreement where the murder charges against him were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against the two other men. His reward: accepting a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and eleven days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged that the bloodstained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.

Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender; and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lew...i_whitesuit-31
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned
    Mood

point of clarification: Ray Lewis was never found "not guilty" of anything in that murder case.

He negotiated a plea agreement where the murder charges against him were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against the two other men. His reward: accepting a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and eleven days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged that the bloodstained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.

Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender; and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL.

So apparently he was not guilty.....

It's true. Man he is good. Eli obviously has one of the most impressive playoff resume's ever. But what was missing from his resume' going into this season was him willing his team to great regular season records like Peyton and Brady do. If this season is any indication, it looks like he's finally going to start doing that as he enters the prime of his career. He is playing great right now and you can say with a straight face that he is the best QB in the NFL. I know it's brutally difficult to make back to back Super Bowls, but I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now.

And then watch them lose to the Redskins at home on Sunday

It really doesn't matter who looks good in October I mean the Giants were lights out the following year after the SB well until Plax channeled Cheddar Bob and they were one and done.

Honestly I have no idea who will be there at the end

That whole evening seems shady to me. What was Ray hiding from the police when questioned? Why even give misleading information when there are 2 dead bodies? Ray was part of the crime. I don't care what the corrupt judicial system said about the case
    David "And One" West

This is a classic Manning vs. Chargers game.

Banned
    Mood

This is a classic Manning vs. Chargers game.
    Not Manning's fault. Receiver tripped over the 40 yard line on a sure TD bomb. Two fumbles by special teams on a KO and punt....

Not Manning's fault. Receiver tripped over the 40 yard line on a sure TD bomb. Two fumbles by special teams on a KO and punt....
    And the pick 6? Sometimes you need to know you have an idiot on your team. Personally I know the feeling.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-15-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Didn't say it was his fault. But he does always seem to have especially bad luck against the Chargers. They always seem to come out on top against him.

It's one thing to lose to the Steelers and Patriots in the playoffs. Those were great championship teams. But those two back to back playoff losses against SD in 07 and 08 drive me nuts. They were two completely wasted seasons of Manning's prime. We are the only upper-tier team in the AFC that struggled with those clowns. The Pats, Steelers, and even the Jets didn't have trouble disposing them in the playoffs. We were the only AFC team they could beat. It was maddening.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-15-2012 at 10:02 PM.

This is the one thing that made it baffling for me that Manning even chose the Broncos he'd face this team twice a season.

I mean really

That being said the rest of the Broncos aren't doing so good either.

Manning chose the broncos because of Elway plan and simple. Its just too bad Denver is not the real deal.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Manning chose the broncos because of Elway plan and simple. Its just too bad Denver is not the real deal.
    They have a tough early schedule. Peyton is playing well and I expect them to get better and better.....

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah they are my pick to win it all this year, too. Eli has become really good. Just think back to his first 2-3 "deer in the headlight" seasons, and look at him now.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Denver went 8-5 with Tebow and may soon be 2-4 with Peyton

just sayin...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned
    Mood

Denver went 8-5 with Tebow and may soon be 2-4 with Peyton

just sayin...
    Then again, they might not be 2-4..... I don't give up on Peyton until the end of the game. He has certainly taught me that over the years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I doubt it was Elway as it was having control of the offense something Harbaugh would've never given him had he chosen SF and well its an AFC team easier path to the SB in this conference.

The last time a QB not named Brady/Manning/Roethlisberger made it to the SB was Rich Gannon 10 years ago.

That being said the Broncos just scored a TD and now its 24-21 Chargers

Manning to Decker for 29 yards and he didn't trip either.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Um.... that touchdown catch by Stokley was absolutely sick. Peyton is killing them this half.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:

Classic Manning right here.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: