Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Colts thread

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Non-Colts thread

I enjoyed seeing the Panthers get smoked. Well, I didn't see it because its on stupid nfl network, but I enjoy the fact that they got smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's experiencing a sophmore slump but their defense was terrible too.
    I would guess it's more about how the lockout effected how teams played last year. I think things were much more simple and that's going to cause him to look like a rookie this year.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cam Newton is enduring a classic sophomore slump, holy crap. Methinks the league is figuring him out.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Cam Newton is enduring a classic sophomore slump, holy crap. Methinks the league is figuring him out.

I wouldn't overreact. They are 1-2 and beat the Saints last week with Newton putting up a lot of points. Yeah they got creamed last night, but the Giants are the Super Bowl champs and hadn't looked too hot during the first two weeks. So they were due for a great game. After losing to Dallas and almost losing to Tampa, it's not surprising that the Giants took all their frustrations out on the inferior Panthers. Like I said, it was a classic "we are the champs and you are some overhyped team that hasn't won anything" type of beat down.

Newton threw some bad passes, but not everything is his fault. They can't run the ball, nor can they stop the run. Newton will be fine. Young QB's go through slumps. Peyton had a bad season in his fourth year.

Newton also from what I saw was under a lot of pressure and made bad throws while under pressure. Not surprising that a QB would play bad with no running game going and bad blocking.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Newton trailed off most of last season though, not fast, but his production started off sky-high and went down lil by lil all season long, especially in passing yardage... that's what most people don't realize about his "amazing" rookie campaign. He had a 55 total QBR rating last year. To put things in perspective, Luck has an 81 QBR and that's including a pretty bad statistical game in week 1. And now Newton comes out this year not looking very impressive at all... I just wonder if the league figured him out. His athleticism and arm strength appears to have surprised early on, but I just wonder if he's got the brains to counter the adjustments that opposing defenses have made.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Listening to NFL Radio this morning, they made it sound like they just yanked him to protect him in a blowout, but that article sort of makes it sound like a benching. Ouch.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-o...97&feedID=2801

Marcus Allen to light Al Davis flame Sunday

"Marcus Allen, come back home." - Ice Cube, on 'Come and Get It'

ALAMEDA -- The long simmering feud between Marcus Allen and the Raiders, specifically, Al Davis, has come to an end.

Allen, at the behest of Mark Davis, will light the team's ceremonial flame in honor of the late Raiders owner before Oakland's game against Pittsburgh on Sunday, CSNBayArea.com has learned.

Allen, the Raiders' top draft pick in 1982 as the reigning Heisman Trophy winner out of USC, was Super Bowl XVIII MVP and the NFL MVP in 1985. But shortly thereafter he was on the receiving end of the elder Davis' cool rage.

"What do you think about a guy that has attempted to ruin your career?" Allen said in 1992, in an interview aired on Monday Night Football.

"He told me he was going to get me. We've had conversations. I don't know for what reason, but he told me he was going to get me."

Some theories had Davis angry that Allen wanted more carries and more money. Others had Davis jealous that Allen had become a bigger star than him in the team's then-home of Los Angeles. The most scandalous, though, was the one whispered the loudest, and given legs in Murray Olderman's new book, "Just Win, Baby, The Al Davis Story," that Davis disapproved of Allen's relationship with O.J. Simpson and his inner circle.

This much is true, though, year after year, Davis brought in different running backs -- from Bo Jackson to Greg Bell to Nick Bell to Roger Craig to Eric Dickerson -- and Allen's time on the field grew shorter while his time on the bench grew longer.

After 11 star-crossed years with the Raiders, Allen went to Kansas City and enjoyed a

resurgence playing five more seasons for the Chiefs. He won Comeback Player of the Year in 1993 and entered the Hall of Fame in 2003.

Ice Cube, in his 2010 documentary "Straight Outta L.A.," asked Al Davis if Marcus Allen was a true Raider.

"At one time he was," Davis said. "Yeah, he was.

So what happened with Allen, then?

"I'm not going to tell you," Davis told Ice Cube. "It's a deeper story than you even dream, that I was well aware of, and I just got a certain approach to life."

The younger Davis would not wade into it now, though. After all, there's a homecoming for which to prepare, even if Allen never played a home game in Oakland.

Tebow goes out for a pass.... DOINK!

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

The Broncos almost came back reminded me of those Colts/Texans games but alas no.

Revis is indeed out for the year. Tough break for the Jets. He's a guy who gets it done on the field and unlike many current or former teammates (Bart Scott, Octodad Cromartie, the retired Ladainian Tomlinson) doesn't yap all day about themselves or why somebody else is to blame for something that went wrong.

I will miss the thrill of seeing whether elite QBs and elite WRs would dare go after him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-for-season/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Holy cow with all the penalties in this Seahawks packers game.

And that my friends was the sound of the proverbial **** hitting the fan.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    And that my friends was the sound of the proverbial **** hitting the fan.
    what happened?

Probably one of the worst calls in sports history just happened, and the Packers lost because of it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    what happened?
    Oh you'll know soon enough. It'll be on everywhere.

Blatant offensive pass interference was missed, but other than that, strangely, IMO TD is the right call. Simultaneous possession = offensive TD. It doesn't matter "how much" of the ball you have.

That is precisely why you always coach defenders to knock the ball down rather than to catch it. Someone can rip it away or grab a piece of it and you are screwed.

^^ i don't have cable
    Last edited by dal9; 09-24-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

How in the world is that not a interception, the refs have made a mockery of the game the entire weekend and MNF. That was NOT a simultaneous offense/defense catch IMO.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Blatant offensive pass interference was missed, but other than that, strangely, IMO TD is the right call. Simultaneous possession = offensive TD. It doesn't matter "how much" of the ball you have.

That is precisely why you always coach defenders to knock the ball down rather than to catch it. Someone can rip it away or grab a piece of it and you are screwed.
    Dude, that was an interception.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    How in the world is that not a interception, the refs have made a mockery of the game the entire weekend and MNF. That was NOT a simultaneous offense/defense catch IMO.
    I agree and this is coming from someone that hates the Packers imagine if this one game kept them out of the playoffs.....

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    ^^ i don't have cable
    I'm sure Packers fans wish they didn't have cable. Like I said if they got the win they'd be on top of the NFC North now they are tied for last place while the Bears are on top of the division

I haven't seen the play but I was already thinking about refusing to watch any NFL games until they get the refs back. This is pathetic.

Was it bad enough that Dan Dakich will finally stfu about how the replacements are fine? I hope so. His stupid rants about it are unbearable.

Dakich will probably defend this call too. Unless the precedent is now that you can catch the ball with only your forearm touching it, that was an interception.