Thread: How cool is this? (Gamers)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How cool is this? (Gamers)

I went to my mother and father's house today to be around my nephews. My nephew was having a friend stay over as well. I went to the room where they were hanging out in. ( I forgot to mention that one is 6 and the other is 9.) I had left a nice amount of comics for them to delve into, but instead when I went in there they were playing my Nintendo 64. Not only were they playing Nintendo 64, they were playing multiplayer on 007 Goldeneye.

If there are other players out there who grew up playing games, you can remember Goldeneye was a golden age for us. I sat in there and watched them have the time o their lives playing a game I used to love. Just a weird gamers moment that happened that I wanted to share.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Default Re: How cool is this? (Gamers)

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to my mother and father's house today to be around my nephews. My nephew was having a friend stay over as well. I went to the room where they were hanging out in. ( I forgot to mention that one is 6 and the other is 9.) I had left a nice amount of comics for them to delve into, but instead when I went in there they were playing my Nintendo 64. Not only were they playing Nintendo 64, they were playing multiplayer on 007 Goldeneye.

If there are other players out there who grew up playing games, you can remember Goldeneye was a golden age for us. I sat in there and watched them have the time o their lives playing a game I used to love. Just a weird gamers moment that happened that I wanted to share.
    Goldeneye was good, however, I never got to play it that much. I remember some younger cousins bringing it over (cause I didn't have a 64), and they had played so much they knew all the spawn points and just kept killing me when I would respawn. Needless to say, I didn't play long. Kids just have no respect.

Other than that, it was pretty fun.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Goldeneye was/is wonderful. I have been seriously thinking of buying a used N64 off ebay for awhile. Mario Kart, Mario 64, and Goldeneye could keep me occupied forever.

I still remember when I got an N64 for Christmas. They were super expensive and it was like my only gift that year. I didn't care though, because my parents had been leading on for months that they couldn't afford it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still remember when I got an N64 for Christmas. They were super expensive and it was like my only gift that year. I didn't care though, because my parents had been leading on for months that they couldn't afford it.
    I had the same experience for the Super NES. My folks had prepared me, saying they just couldn't get it, it was just too much. I knew my friends were going to get one, I was so bummed. When I opened it I literally wept. Not even close to ashamed to admit it. I blubbered like a baby. Then I beat Super Mario World in about 3 hours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

The N64 Christmas...it was like a million voices crying out at once and then they were never silenced. What a great day

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sooo you grabbed the controller and golden gunned those little punks with the quickness right? That's what I'd'a done.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Still probably my pick for best video game ever. Man I need to find a copy on ebay, I still remember how pissed I was when someone stole it from me back in junior high.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

GoldenEye is still fun. I was playing it with a bunch of friends a few years ago. We had it hooked up to the big screen and were as competitive as ever. Good times.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

When we played in college there was a no Odd Job rule. That littlePrick would run around so fast and you had to shoot down on him.

It was the greatest until Perfect Dark.

even though it wasn't multi-player, star wars shadows of the empire is a terrific game for that system.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember when a friend got his 64 and a copy of Golden Eye. We'd have sleep-overs every weekend without the sleep.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."