Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Bears

Default Re: Colts-Bears

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game got me thinking about how many years Bill Polian wasted at drafting? last 2 years? last 3?
    I think the last first round pick that was worth it was Joseph Addai back in the 2006 draft. Anthony Castanzo might end up being worth the first round pick but the players picked in the first round in between those years have not been worth it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    I think the last first round pick that was worth it was Joseph Addai back in the 2006 draft. Anthony Castanzo might end up being worth the first round pick but the players picked in the first round in between those years have not been worth it.
    It's not the first round that has killed us either. It's just miss after miss in the early rounds.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    Honestly, he lost his drafting "touch" all the way back in '07. Look at the Colts drafts from then on...relatively nothing.
    Pretty much, the 2007-2008 drafts there are probably like 5 guys max still in the league, some hanging onto rosters as ST guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The only thing worse for Colts fans (as for hearing questions of doubt about the current direction) would be Manning looking great tonight.

Colts look weak in the trenches. Luck has no time and has made questionable decisions as the score and clock has spiraled away. Meanwhile, RGIII has had a great game.

Well it would be a select few I think anyone who's a fan of the Horseshoe realizes these things take time well they should anyways. The Manning era wasn't going to last forever.

And even if he stayed I don't think Manning would've lasted long with this O-Line if today is any indication.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

15 more like today and we'll have the 2013 #1 draft pick to trade out of for multiple picks, maybe get a DT, OG and a SS out of it or maybe the next Edge. Can't wait till then, cause this year is gonna get ugly. Will be lucky to when a game this season. As on the win prediction thread, I hold with 0-16.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    15 more like today and we'll have the 2013 #1 draft pick to trade out of for multiple picks, maybe get a DT, OG and a SS out of it or maybe the next Edge. Can't wait till then, cause this year is gonna get ugly. Will be lucky to when a game this season. As on the win prediction thread, I hold with 0-16.

A little OTT no?

I figured we'll be 4-12 which is still better than last year.

Last Year was inexcusable its one thing to lose Manning for an entire season but its another to not have a backup plan in case we were to lose him.

At least this time nobody really expects much but 0-16? If we managed to win 2 games last year we can win more than that this year.

This game really changes nothing for my prognosis of this team. I think we will improve as the season goes on and end up around 6-7 wins. I realize the 0-16 post was mainly frustration or thrown out there purely for shock effect, but it is still an incredibly stupid post. Sorry.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    A little OTT no?

I figured we'll be 4-12 which is still better than last year.

Last Year was inexcusable its one thing to lose Manning for an entire season but its another to not have a backup plan in case we were to lose him.

At least this time nobody really expects much but 0-16? If we managed to win 2 games last year we can win more than that this year.
    OTT, heck no, it's reality. The Colts are worse now then last year. The Colts let everyone walk away and brought in rookies, 3rd string 2-3 year players and a couple washed up veterans to replace the once talented team. This year is gonna be ugly and the player turnover next off season is gonna be huge. It's just the pain of starting over. Ask Peyton Manning how his rookie season went and yet he had a much better team around him then Luck.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Banned

I expect them to win 4 or 5 games, Luck is too good not win that many games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This game really changes nothing for my prognosis of this team. I think we will improve as the season goes on and end up around 6-7 wins. I realize the 0-16 post was mainly frustration or thrown out there purely for shock effect, but it is still an incredibly stupid post. Sorry.
    I'm not a stupid man and it wasn't out of frustration. I posted 0-16 weeks ago and it wasn't out of frustration. It's just reality. Colts players as a team are very poor and will have a hard time winning. The Bears could have scored another 20 points if they had wanted too. That is reality and not stupid.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How can 0-16 anything other than wishful thinking when the Colts play againts the Jags twice, the Bills, Browns, and the Dolphins...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I'm not a stupid man and it wasn't out of frustration. I posted 0-16 weeks ago and it wasn't out of frustration. It's just reality. Colts players as a team are very poor and will have a hard time winning. The Bears could have scored another 20 points if they had wanted too. That is reality and not stupid.
    Your reality and mine are vastly different, I'll put it that way. For the record, I didn't call you stupid, I said that post was stupid. The team isn't good, but 0-16 is historically bad--to the point that only one team has ever done it. This team was awful and had no hope last year with maybe the worst quarterback combination in the league and still squeaked out 2 wins. This team upgraded their QB (drastically, imo) and their coaching staff. There will be bumps in the road, and today was certainly one of them, but this team will not be historically bad. Putting too much stock into week 1 games is short sighted--and this Bears team (and offense) is really good. They are a potential Super Bowl team. So while you have chalked us up for 0-16 based off of "reality", I guess I'll chalk them up for 6-7 wins living in my fantasy world with unicorns sliding down rainbows while the Lorax lords over all.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Your reality and mine are vastly different, I'll put it that way. For the record, I didn't call you stupid, I said that post was stupid. The team isn't good, but 0-16 is historically bad--to the point that only one team has ever done it. This team was awful and had no hope last year with maybe the worst quarterback combination in the league and still squeaked out 2 wins. This team upgraded their QB (drastically, imo) and their coaching staff. There will be bumps in the road, and today was certainly one of them, but this team will not be historically bad. Putting too much stock into week 1 games is short sighted--and this Bears team (and offense) is really good. They are a potential Super Bowl team. So while you have chalked us up for 0-16 based off of "reality", I guess I'll chalk them up for 6-7 wins living in my fantasy world with unicorns sliding down rainbows while the Lorax lords over all.
    I didn't need this game to make a 0-16 prediction and to be honest I don't like predicting wins and losses cause we don't know what tomorrow will bring (injuries). But I did predict a losing season several weeks ago after evaluating all the players the Colts brought in and I came to a solid conclusion that they are really bad. I hope they can when 1 game at least cause I don't want to see them with a winless season, I just have my doubts and I don't see that as stupid. However, unicorns sure are!

I didn't need this game to make a 0-16 prediction and to be honest I don't like predicting wins and losses cause we don't know what tomorrow will bring (injuries). But I did predict a losing season several weeks ago after evaluating all the players the Colts brought in and I came to a solid conclusion that they are really bad. I hope they can when 1 game at least cause I don't want to see them with a winless season, I just have my doubts and I don't see that as stupid. However, unicorns sure are!
    Well you cited the Bears as being able to score 20 more if they wanted to, so I assumed you put some stock into today's lackluster effort. That's fine if you think that, I just don't see anyway that this team goes winless. Last year the bottom dropped out, I think this year's version is vastly superior with a much softer schedule to boot. But, to each his own. And as long as your only problem with my world is the unicorns, we are good. If you started hating on the Lorax, we would have problems

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Luck vs. RG3 --- Wouldn't ya know it. Exactly what I said. 'Skins have a better team, period. Much better o-line, better defense. So of course he looked better and had better stats. If Luck had as much time as RG3 to throw, he woulda had astronomical numbers. Remember Newton had a ridiculous first game and trailed off big-time as the season went on. Don't get sold on RG3 yet, although I do think he'll be a fine QB.... but don't get used to this production. Saints have holes, not as good as Chicago, I saw that coming.
    If you really did, then props. It seemed everyone in the national media, even the WAPO, had NO winning....and winning big after the announcement of the suspensions overturned.

Agreed the O-line played well and that made RG3 look great, even with his stupid decisions on the option plays. Defense kinda sucked today, but they were opportunistic. That and Brees played like ****.

PS. IMO no way the Colts go 0-16. That would be historically awful.

Colts win 4 - 6 range.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

25. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Mood

OTT, heck no, it's reality.
    I'm sorry, but that is not reality. Reality is a 3-5 win team. The Colts have an easy schedule and if you think all their young players won't improve enough, through out the season, to pull out a few then you are the one being unrealistic. The improvement at the QB and coaching positions is enough to make them better than last season. A lot of the players they got rid of did not add much of value last season (besides Garcon). Clark was awful and everyone else was injured and barely played. Would Saturday make that much of a difference?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

I expect the Colts to beat Minnesota next week and end all this nonsense.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I expect the Colts to beat Minnesota next week and end all this nonsense.
    Yeah, I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    If you really did, then props. It seemed everyone in the national media, even the WAPO, had NO winning....and winning big after the announcement of the suspensions overturned.

Agreed the O-line played well and that made RG3 look great, even with his stupid decisions on the option plays. Defense kinda sucked today, but they were opportunistic. That and Brees played like ****.
    RG3 never should have had the opportunity to make those bad decisions on those option plays, because it is grossly irresponsible for K. Shanahan to mortgage RG3's future by letting him run the option in the frigging NFL. For a franchise QB, at least in my opinion, designed runs are a no-no, I don't care how good at running the ball he is. It is especially a no-no with RG3, who has a golden arm and can be an effective player in the NFL without designed runs. Now of course gaining some yards if your options break down in the passing game is entirely different, but Shanahan is going to get RG3 killed out there letting him run those plays.

Even as someone who only mildly cares about the Redskins, it pissed me off that Shanahan was being that stupid and putting the franchise player at such unnecessary risk.

Agreed about option. Oter running plays i liked. They kept the d honest

Nnow RG3 trying to block when the RB bounced that one run out, that was stupid

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    How can 0-16 anything other than wishful thinking when the Colts play againts the Jags twice, the Bills, Browns, and the Dolphins...
    And close the year against Houston's backups most likely

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

Two things:

- Any "expert" who thought the Saints were going to rocket out of the gates after the horrendous off-season they had needs a lobotomy. Seriously. We're talking BountyGate... we're talking internal management tiffs, we're talking Brees holding out forever... new coach, loss of players from suspensions (even the reversal of BountyGate rulings didn't mean Vilma was gonna play in this game, and he's likely not in game shape). Then there were allegations of their owner wiretapping visiting teams ---- the Saints did not have a good off-season, that is a team embroiled in controversy and turmoil. Even disregarding that, they have some issues on the defensive side of the ball. Not surprising at all that they flopped out of the gate this year.

- That 'Skin defense is still better than what Luck is working with.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-10-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

RGIII brought it today, and took it to the Saints. RGIII 1 Luck 0
    David "And One" West