Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody else ever had an experience like this with StubHub

Default Has anybody else ever had an experience like this with StubHub

I bought some balcony center tickets last Tuesday for the Bulls regular season finale this Wednesday. I paid for the tickets, my PayPal account has been charged and I received this confirmation:

"Thanks for your purchase! Your order is covered by our FanProtectTM Guarantee and you can expect your tickets to be delivered by the date below.

Expected delivery date: Monday, 04/23/2012 (based on seller estimate)

We'll send you another email as soon as the seller ships your tickets. You can check your order status any time in My Account."

So, today, I get this email:

"Regarding order 52443372, the seller has informed us the tickets you
    ordered are no longer available. While this is rare, rest assured your
    purchase is covered by our FanProtectTM Guarantee.

We have found substitute tickets for you. Please contact us immediately
    at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482) to secure these tickets.

Balcony Corner 227, Row 16
    Electronic - Instant Download

NOTE: We will hold these tickets as long as possible, but the nature of
    the ticket market is such that they may not be available by the time you
    get back to us. So call us right away!

If you have any further questions, please send us an email at
    customerservice@stubhub.com.

Thank you for choosing StubHub!"

So, how does a seller sell me tickets he doesn't have? And why does StubHub think it's okay to offer me lower-value replacement tickets in a worse section that are also in a higher row than what I had purchased?

I called StubHub and my choices were to accept the lower-value balcony corner tickets or to get a refund and buy new tickets. Of course, comparable tickets to the ones I bought last week would now cost more than twice as much now on StubHub, which is why I bought tickets early.

I took the refund (well, I'm supposed to get a refund in 10 days or so - I wonder if they'll refund the service charge) and I think I'm just going to watch the game on TV. I was looking forward to attending the game without paying a whole lot, so this is a bummer. I wonder how often this happens. Has anybody else had an experience like this?

Default Re: Has anybody else ever had an experience like this with StubHub

The seller probably had tickets, but decided he rather go to the game. It happens, stubhub is a highly reputable aftermarket service, there might be a few annoyances here and there, but usually they are very reliable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Never, although I've heard of it happeneing in rare occasions. What'll happen is a guy will post them to various sites, then drop as soon as one site sells them.

While your account was hit for the price of the tickets, he doesn't recieve the money until he releases the tickets to you. Therefore, StubHub SHOULD refund everything, including the fee.

Unfortunately, they can't control that at all. But, I would be unhappy. Sorry for your luck.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only trouble I've ever had was purchasing a ticket and then it never showing up as ready to download, and come game day they never did. I called and got it resolved, and although very time crunched, arrived on time.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never, although I've heard of it happeneing in rare occasions. What'll happen is a guy will post them to various sites, then drop as soon as one site sells them.

While your account was hit for the price of the tickets, he doesn't recieve the money until he releases the tickets to you. Therefore, StubHub SHOULD refund everything, including the fee.

Unfortunately, they can't control that at all. But, I would be unhappy. Sorry for your luck.
    Thanks for the explanation. It's not a big deal, obviously, but it is annoying. I'd feel better about it if StubHub had lived up to its guarantee to provide alternative tickets that are at least as good as those I purchased. Instead, StubHub offered seats that are obviously of lower value as demonstrated by the prices of tickets in each seating area on StubHub's own site.

Mood

If it helps, I've got a couple on Pacers Ticket Exchange (right next to Area 55), for just a couple bucks more than my STH price...
    Unfortunately my kid has a baseball game, so we're prioritizing that...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    If it helps, I've got a couple on Pacers Ticket Exchange (right next to Area 55), for just a couple bucks more than my STH price...
    Thank you, CoolHand, I will check out Pacers Ticket Exchange.

And, Derek, I wonder if StubHub has a procedure for not continuing to sell tickets from brokers who advertise the same ticket on multiple sites, resulting in people buying tickets and finding out a week later that the tickets had already been sold to somebody else. You couldn't do that on eBay, for instance, without getting suspended or banned.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

same thing happened to me with reds tickets...seller probably got more money out of tix elsewhere.
    Last edited by HC; 04-24-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    Thank you, CoolHand, I will check out Pacers Ticket Exchange.

And, Derek, I wonder if StubHub has a procedure for not continuing to sell tickets from brokers who advertise the same ticket on multiple sites, resulting in people buying tickets and finding out a week later that the tickets had already been sold to somebody else. You couldn't do that on eBay, for instance, without getting suspended or banned.
    I'm sure if a seller shows a track record of screwing people, they get banned.

I'm pretty surprised they offered you inferior tickets like that. I'd probably call back and explain my unhappiness, and get them to make a better offer.

Mood

Just call and raise hell...politely of course. The worst that could happen is that they tell you is this is part of their policy and they offer you lesser tickets. I've only had to call them once before and they were extremely pleasant and courteous and explained everything down to the last detail. It never hurts to raise complaints about service.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Nice to meet you...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Nice to meet you...
    Likewise! Although we'd met before-now we know who each other are!

Sounds crazy, why 10 days?

I don't why refunds can take up to 10 days to process, but that's what the email I received said and what the person on the phone told me. I do know that some companies seem to be a lot faster in processing incoming funds than outgoing, and the main reason seems to be that it's the way they like it.

After the quite polite and apologetic StubHub representative on the phone told me that he couldn't help me with any better replacement tickets than the corner balcony, I gave up on the situation and took the refund for the tickets, which is annoying because those tickets I supposedly bought last week are worth twice as much now (at least that's what similar tickets are going for on StubHub). I did later this afternoon send an email to a different StubHub employee who had earlier sent me the email notification that the tickets I bought were not available and I told her in my email that I was unhappy with my StubHub experience and particularly with the offer of lower value tickets to replace the ones I bought and should rightfully own. She has not gotten back to me so far and I don't think she will.

I appreciate people's suggestions here and the opportunity to vent a bit about this annoying but ultimately trivial situation. The important thing, of course, is that the Pacers are wrapping up their best season in years, they have home court advantage to start the playoffs and seemingly a bright future in the years ahead. Ain't gonna let a little StubFlub rain on the parade.

Mood

I had a pair of balcony seats that I was looking to dump off on someone because I won't be able to make it tomorrow. If I hadn't given them to a couple friends yesterday, I'd have had no problem leaving them at will call for you. Sorry you couldn't get those.

So how weird is this? After telling me yesterday that the tickets I bought are unfortunately no longer available and issuing an unhappy me a refund, I came home from work today and FedEx had left an envelope at our front door with the tickets that I initially bought and that supposedly were not available for me.

I'm going to call StubHub now and try to find out what the deal is.

Mood

So how weird is this? After telling me yesterday that the tickets I bought are unfortunately no longer available and issuing an unhappy me a refund, I came home from work today and FedEx had left an envelope at our front door with the tickets that I initially bought and that supposedly were not available for me.

That IS weird....

I think it's pretty obvious what you do now...

Evidentally that second employee you emailed that you didn't think you would hear back responded.

By beating the original seller with a crowbar.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

I think StubHub is the best customer service ticket exchange I know of. I had Michigan Ohio tickets that got lost. Don't ask, but I called them and they gave me the same value that I paid for the tickets in the first place and since Ohio sucked this year, I actually moved from about the 90th row to the 30th (and got the rest of my money back for the difference). It worked out well. Typically if you call and talk to one of their representatives, they do a fantastic job of hooking you up as much as possible. They are able in most instances to keep you in the same range of setas even if ticket prices have gone up either through a credit or getting as close as possible to those seats since they can see everything in inventory much better. I will continue to do business with them.

There is a local ticket exchange who also does a lot of VIP pregame events that is based in Indy. They are fantastic, but I will have to look up their name again.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 04-25-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

billbradley

Vivid Seats is pretty good too. I usually go with StubHub but they didn't have any floor GA tickets for Radiohead in San Jose. So I bought my tickets from Vivid, 15 minutes later I get a call saying that I can't download the tickets and they have to mail them to me. I was leaving for Cali in two days, so they overnighted the tickets to me, took off the extra fees, gave me $20 off my next purchase and $20 off my next purchase after that over $200.

I just got some tickets off StubHub in case I can't get better seats for Game 1. $15 for 2nd row in the balcony. It's $20 to sit against the wall on Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post

There is a local ticket exchange who also does a lot of VIP pregame events that is based in Indy. They are fantastic, but I will have to look up their name again.
    Circle City Tickets?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

We had bought tickets to the Final Four in Indy...turns out the row didn't actually exist or anything.

StubHub gave us some pretty damn good tickets as a replacement, which were actually closer than what we had bought.

@Pacers24Colts12

Mood

www.sportevents.com

My buddy's cousin is a rep for them and we went to Peyton Manning's last game VIP. Very kool. Except they lost, obviously, and that it ended up being Peyton's last game as a Colt.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by joeshow31 View Post
    Sounds crazy, why 10 days?
    I work for a company who does the same thing.
    Typically they say 10 days but is it usually faster. They refund your money via an old school ACH transaction or sometimes just mail your bank a check.

Never made sense to me since they take the funds from you in seconds and then give them back as slow as they could.

This happened to me at Fry's once. I was buying a Pacers neon sign for about 150.00. It was the only one they had and I noticed when placing it on the counter there was something loose in the box. Long story short I asked if I could open it before I bought it to see if it was okay. The clerk said no, but if it was broken they would gladly take it back. It was broken and I got the 10 day deal too. I was a little mad. it took about 4 days.