Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

  1. #1

    Default Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    You know in Indianapolis this would never happen

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

    Third-grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties




    We've got a great story for everyone who hasn't come across enough idiocy on this glorious Wednesday.






    A third-grade student in Greeley, Colorado was told he could not wear a Peyton Manning Denver Broncos jersey to school because, well ...

    "They told me I couldn't wear 18 anymore because it's a gang number and I had to take it off," Konnor Vanatta told KDVR-TV in Denver.

    The policy apparently doesn't allow six different numbers: 13, 14, 18, 31, 41 and 81. The policy also does not allow for common sense.

    "I'm pretty upset the schools have come down to this and I think they need to start paying attention to the education the children are getting rather than what they're wearing," said Konnor's mother, Pam Vanatta.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Must be the lack of oxygen at their altitude.

  3. #3
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    So are grade school students only taught to count to 12?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. #4
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,987

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    So Manning is a gang member or a gang leader?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #5

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    An elementary student in Oklahoma City had to turn his Michigan football shirt inside out because they don't allow shirts representing universities from outside the state.


    Nationwide school uniforms are inevitable. Political correctness is taking over and people get offended more easily than ever before.

  6. #6
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Manning is a gang member or a gang leader?
    You never heard of the Peytons? Vicious gang. They are deadly accurate.

  7. #7
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You never heard of the Peytons? Vicious gang. They are deadly accurate.
    But they can't make the big score!


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  9. #8

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    I actually wouldn't be surprised if 18th street gangs have used manning jerseys for identification before. We have gang problems here in NW Arkansas occasionally and they tend to make use of otherwise innocuous symbols as identification.

  10. #9
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    There was a Peyton gang member involved in fight a couple years ago, down the street from the "Tobias is Queen Mary" bar...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  11. #10
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You never heard of the Peytons? Vicious gang. They are deadly accurate.
    They can be a pain in the neck sometimes...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  12. #11

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    The emergence of those Oreo-licking gangs needs to be nipped in the bud.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. #12
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    13, 14, and 18 are numbers that are banned from the schools
    "We want Miami"

  14. #13
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    13, 14, and 18 are numbers that are banned from the schools


    LOL I'm just busting your chops. I think this picture is hilarious and was waiting for a good opportunity to post it.
    Last edited by travmil; 09-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.

  15. #14
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,102
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Well 13 is obviously Mark Jackson, 18 is Peyton Manning, 31 is Reggie Miller, must be some Indiana gang in Denver. Would suck being a Pacers fan at the time in Denver.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  16. #15
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,625

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You never heard of the Peytons? Vicious gang. They are deadly accurate.
    They are a huge homeland security threat. They've been stockpiling laser rocket arms.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  18. #16
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    I've been suspicious every since I so Peyton giving gang signs to 10 other guys in his posse.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Third grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

    Exclusive footage of the Peytons in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2C7zKC0vk

    wont let me embed

Similar Threads

  1. Some QB That I Used To Know - Peyton Manning
    By ECKrueger in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
  2. Peyton Manning Returns
    By Bball in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
  3. Peyton and Eli Manning: Good Cop, Better Cop
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM
  4. Peyton Manning
    By Jonathan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
  5. Selfish Peyton Manning...
    By RWB in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •