Last week NBATV celebrated Reggie in a way that has never been done before. It started with the airing of 5 of his greatest games, which were repeated at some point each day of the week through Thursday. Then we had the in-depth retrospective show, "Looking Back at Reggie", which highlighted Reggie's career in a very insightful way. Then on Friday, Reggie was officially inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame as the headliner of the 2012 class.
What a blast that was! I'm still on from the HOF ceremony and Reggie's triumphant, funny, and touching speech. Reggie has given Pacers fans so many great memories and the HOF acceptance is right at the top of the list for me. I've watched it twice already and can see myself watching it again whenever company comes over.
As far as his playing days are concerned there's so many great moments to choose from. So I'll list them in no particular order:
1. 8 Points in 8.9 seconds, 1995 Game 1 Eastern Semi-Finals against the Knicks
2. 25 points in the 4th quarter of 1994 Game 5 ECF to turn a 12 point deficit into a 9 point victory.
3. 41 points in Game 5 - 2000 first round against the Bucks.
4. 57 point Career High game against Charlotte in 1993.
5. 36 points in the 2000 ECF game 6 against the Knicks that propelled the Pacers to their 1st NBA Finals.
6. 40/40 game against the Sixers in 2000 where Reggie and Jalen Rose each scored 40 points (NBA playoffs record).
7. The Game winning 3-pointer over Iverson in 2001 Game 1
8. 39 points at age 39 against Kobe and the Lakers in his final season in a Pacers victory.
9. Hitting the game winner in the 1998 Game 4 OT game against the Knicks.
10. Hitting the game Winner against the Bulls in Game 4 of the ECF
11. Hitting the game winner against the Pistons in 2005 Semi Finals Game 3.
I know that I'm forgetting one... or 9 or 10. That's the great thing about Reggie. He had so many great performances and about 90% of them were in the playoffs.
My favorite has to be the 2000 ECF Game 6 in New York. The Knicks tried guarding him with Spreewell and Houston and he made both of them look silly. One of his best all around games and it came at the most important moments and time - 17 points in the fourth quarter.