Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 193

Thread: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you honestly contending that the only reason people say anything about vnzla81 is that his opinions are negative? Really? Really?

    I can't speak for the others, but let me speak for myself: I often disagree with him, but that's not my problem with him.
    And you finally admit it publicly that you have a problem with me, you always have, I've been telling Bills the same thing for years now.

    Edit: and this prove my previous complaints of double standards in PD were whoever the administrators agree with are free to do whatever they want while those that they administrators don't agree with are always under the microcoscope and are always getting penalties for doing the same things other members(who the administrators like) do.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 09-03-2012 at 05:55 PM.

  2. #152
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    never freaking heard of him.
    apparently he's from the d-league
    Smothered Chicken!

  3. #153
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,355
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    never freaking heard of him.
    He's not KG or Paul Pierce apparently...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  4. #154
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,260

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you honestly contending that the only reason people say anything about vnzla81 is that his opinions are negative? Really? Really?

    I can't speak for the others, but let me speak for myself: I often disagree with him, but that's not my problem with him.
    Maybe I don't pay enough attention...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  6. #155

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what did you think was going to happen?

    There's a difference between what would have been nice and what was really ever probable.
    This question was not for me, but I got really excited about the Steve Nash possibility. Unti I qut dreaming and realized that Nash had his choice of the NBA, wanted a real shot at a ring in the 2-3 years he intended to play and probably had no interest in helping an up and coming theam that was 3-5 years and a couple of players away. I also wanted to go after Kamen but IMO if we had told Hibbert to wait for us to sign a guy who very well might take his position Hibbs would be in Portland this year. First time poster, be gentle.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  8. #156
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,046

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get mad at me if you were the recipient of those trophies.
    We all can't be as big a winner as you Vnzla that much is clear. You must have a room full of first place trophies.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #157
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,046

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overkill is the crying and whining from the "positive people", the you are either in our side or else is also overkill, there is a reason why I blocked you on twitter, I couldn't deal with the constant complaining and whining about how "negative" PD has become, it looks like everybody has to be in one side or you are getting removed from PD.
    How can you say this with a straight face after over 18K posts on this forum? You act like you are always getting banned or something.

    For someone who always talks about being a winner you certainly are fantastic at playing the victim.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all can't be as big a winner as you Vnzla that much is clear. You must have a room full of first place trophies.
    Nope I don't have any trophies.

  12. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you say this with a straight face after over 18K posts on this forum? You act like you are always getting banned or something.

    For someone who always talks about being a winner you certainly are fantastic at playing the victim.
    I'm not always getting banned but I'm always getting infractions from bs other people do and don't get infractions for and nope I'm not playing the victim I'm not the one crying and whining about how "negative" other people are.

  13. #160
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,046

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not always getting banned but I'm always getting infractions from bs other people do and don't get infractions for and nope I'm not playing the victim I'm not the one crying and whining about how "negative" other people are.
    How do you know if people are getting infractions or not? You are crying and whining right now by suggesting that you are punished for things other people get away with.

    Anyway, I hope Blake Ahearn ends up making the team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #161
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I don't pay enough attention...
    I'm aware you share some/many of his views, but do I or anyone else talk to you the same as we do him? Of course not. There's a difference, and it's obviously not the views since you share some of them.

    It's like the difference of having a conversation with someone in person who is intelligent and talks to you calmly (you), or a guy who follows you around for an hour after the conversation is over from room to room yelling unintelligible diatribe in your ear. You disagree with both, but one is just far more annoying about it.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  17. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you know if people are getting infractions or not? You are crying and whining right now by suggesting that you are punished for things other people get away with.

    Anyway, I hope Blake Ahearn ends up making the team.
    Well somebody called me not long ago dips*** and he is still posting, there is not doubt I would have been banned from PD if I do the same thing.

  18. #163
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm aware you share some/many of his views, but do I or anyone else talk to you the same as we do him? Of course not. There's a difference, and it's obviously not the views since you share some of them.
    Yep.

  19. #164
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well somebody called me not long ago dips*** and he is still posting, there is not doubt I would have been banned from PD if I do the same thing.
    And how do you know that he didn't get the same infraction you did?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  21. #165
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Well this thread has been ruined by a stupid petty argument

  22. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These people are ****ing professionals, they get paid to go out there and try to get FAs to come here, and if they don't they don't have a job. To act like they didn't try is ridiculous. They never were just sitting on their asses twirling in their chairs counting the dollars going into their bank accounts. They were there working on getting players to come to the Pacers. Just because you don't see every little phone call, or action does not mean it does not happen. It just means you don't see it happen. It is far more likely that players like Deron Williams or Nash got a call from the Pacers than it was they didn't. Hell they even had a meeting with Gordon.

    Stop acting like if it isn't in the media it didn't happen. Start using your brains for what it is there for. We aren't talking about a bunch of high school kids, we are talking about professionals.
    Other teams are very public with their attempts. Fans of the Lakers, Mavs, and Celtics have no gripes because their teams are more transparant with their fans. If the Pacers can let it be publicly known that they have meeting with Kaman and Gordon then they can let the fans know of their efforts with other players if they make these efforts. They have nothing to gain by keeping things like that from the fans. I don't assume they made these efforts when I'm given no reason to. It would go so far to know that they even tried to hold off on Hibbert and Hill in order to land Scola but were told what to do by their agents. Scola was already waived before Hibbert and Hill were signed. It's the job of our front office to manage the timing of these signings and at the very least they did an imcompetent job of this.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  24. #167
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,180

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    What's worse than being called out for optimism by a Pacers fan on a Pacers board is beign called out by a certain non-Pacers fan on a Pacers board. You can't say anything too positive without being attacked and you're supporsed to like the big name NBA stars no matter how much of a dick they are.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  26. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how do you know that he didn't get the same infraction you did?
    Well if you get called and idiot and the first people that thanks the post are administrators I'm not expecting them to turn around and give that person an infraction.

  27. #169
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,355
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other teams are very public with their attempts. Fans of the Lakers, Mavs, and Celtics have no gripes because their teams are more transparant with their fans. If the Pacers can let it be publicly known that they have meeting with Kaman and Gordon then they can let the fans know of their efforts with other players if they make these efforts. They have nothing to gain by keeping things like that from the fans. I don't assume they made these efforts when I'm given no reason to. It would go so far to know that they even tried to hold off on Hibbert and Hill in order to land Scola but were told what to do by their agents. Scola was already waived before Hibbert and Hill were signed. It's the job of our front office to manage the timing of these signings and at the very least they did an imcompetent job of this.
    I am fairly certain that if the Pacers were rumored to be pursuing specific players and they ended up not aquiring them then this board would been burned down...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  29. #170
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am fairly certain that if the Pacers were rumored to be pursuing specific players and they ended up not aquiring them then this board would been burned down...
    "Pacers failed / are failures"

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am fairly certain that if the Pacers were rumored to be pursuing specific players and they ended up not aquiring them then this board would been burned down...
    That is a good point when you consider the over reaction to the pursuit of Mayo, but I know I wouldn't have an issue with it. No one was too upset when Nene went a different direction. I was glad that Bird made the effort.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  33. #172
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,355
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a good point when you consider the over reaction to the pursuit of Mayo, but I know I wouldn't have an issue with it. No one was too upset when Nene went a different direction. I was glad that Bird made the effort.
    I get what you are saying, but tptb shouldn't have to tell you that they are trying for you to know that they are.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  34. #173
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you get called and idiot and the first people that thanks the post are administrators I'm not expecting them to turn around and give that person an infraction.
    Except we're not talking about someone calling another an idiot, your example was an user calling you a dip****, which an admin DID NOT thank. (but I did report the post when it happened) Just because the amigo didn't get canned for that doesn't mean he didn't get away with it either.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  35. #174
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    you guys are dumb. it's called freedom of speech ever heard of it? Please let us leave the political comments at the front door, thank you.........
    Last edited by Peck; 09-04-2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Way to overtly political for the main page...

  36. #175
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Report: Pacers to Sign Blake Ahearn

    Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys are dumb. it's called freedom of speech ever heard of it? .........
    Let me just remind you that the bill of rights refers to your relationship with government. Not individuals or businesses or organizations. So 1st amendment is saying that government can not impede your freedom to express yourself.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Jazz will sign Ahearn for rest of season (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 02:50 AM
  3. Los Angeles Clippers sign No. 1 overall draft pick Blake Griffin [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM
  4. Report: Jones to sign with Suns
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 01:54 AM
  5. Report: Claxton to sign with the Hawks
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •