Page 93 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying it is terrible? What is your point?
    What would really be terrible is having 2 Academic All-Americans not being able to help them enough to beat a bubble team.

If they could have, that would have really been something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    What would really be terrible is having 2 Academic All-Americans not being able to help them enough to beat a bubble team.

If they could have, that would have really been something.
    Figures that this game would make a Purdue fans day since your **** hole team is a joke and your avatar has shown he can't coach without his fluke recruiting class.

Go hang a banner in Mackey for this game. We all know Purdue fans are more concerned with how IU plays than their own pathetic band of scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So Gonzaga the new #1, and probably the rest of the year in that weak *** conference
    Gonzaga's got a good team. They should only have 1 loss. Going undefeated in any conference is a huge accomplishment.

Figures that this game would make a Purdue fans day since your **** hole team is a joke and your avatar has shown he can't coach without his fluke recruiting class.

Go hang a banner in Mackey for this game. We all know Purdue fans are more concerned with how IU plays than their own pathetic band of scrubs.
    You're a real treat.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

There's a poster on Hoosier Sports Nation named Iugradman whose posts are eerily similar to hoosierguy's. I'm starting to think they're the same person.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    There's a poster on Hoosier Sports Nation named Iugradman whose posts are eerily similar to hoosierguy's. I'm starting to think they're the same person.
    Does he also have an astonishingly awesome lack of self awareness?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

You know me so well.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    What the hell does that matter when posting anonymously on internet forums?

Cool thread idea: Let's lock Coopdog and hoosierguy in a thread where they can only talk to (and insult) one another. Charge a one time, $5 fee for other posters to watch the carnage. Set up a pot where people could donate money, and if it reaches a certain number, throw OlBlu into the fray to **** both of them off.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I never venture into the other threads in this sub-forum and give fans **** when their teams lose but apparently it's just fine for Butler, Kentucky, and Purdue fans to troll after a RARE IU loss.

I don't care about Butler or Purdue but it's quite obvious that Butler and Purdue fans are obsessed with IU and every aspect of its basketball program.

I never venture into the other threads in this sub-forum and give fans **** when their teams lose but apparently it's just fine for Butler, Kentucky, and Purdue fans to troll after a RARE IU loss.

I don't care about Butler or Purdue but it's quite obvious that Butler and Purdue fans are obsessed with IU and every aspect of its basketball program.
    You are a real hero and model for all of us to aspire to be.

Meh?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    The condescending tone, pot-shots at Butler/Stevens and inability to pick up on sarcasm made him easy to spot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

I still don't think that Zeller will make an immediate impact in the NBA. He just does not have an NBA body right now. Mbwake was abusing him. Can you imagine Zeller going up against the Pacers' front court?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I just can't work myself up over this loss at all. I am so indifferent towards it.

That Michigan State game told me everything I need to know about this team when the chips are down. I don't care that they got caught a little flat footed after a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I just can't work myself up over this loss at all. I am so indifferent towards it.

That Michigan State game told me everything I need to know about this team when the chips are down. I don't care that they got caught a little flat footed after a week off.
    But weren't the chips down last night? We're playing for a Big 10 championship. That was a very important game.

We play great against elite competition like Michigan, MSU, or OSU, but we seem to have a problem playing down against teams that aren't as hyped such as Illinois, Minnesota, or Butler. That pattern worries me in a Sweet 16 game against a non-elite team. I worry that someone could catch us off guard.

I mean of course the chips are down in every B1G game, but at the same time, I can see why we lost, a week lay off after the biggest win in the past decade maybe for IU in terms of just wow did that really happen and damn this team is for real for real. Minny needed that game, they've been stewing since BTown. I don't know I just can't get worked up. Usually I would be, but what can I say. I just didn't really care about that game. We're still up a game in the most difficult conference in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean of course the chips are down in every B1G game, but at the same time, I can see why we lost, a week lay off after the biggest win in the past decade maybe for IU in terms of just wow did that really happen and damn this team is for real for real. Minny needed that game, they've been stewing since BTown. I don't know I just can't get worked up. Usually I would be, but what can I say. I just didn't really care about that game. We're still up a game in the most difficult conference in America.
    I don't think it really matters in the long run. As long as they don't lose either of their remaining home games, which I don't think they will, they still should be in line for the #1 seed in Indy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

I have rarely been disappointed with Cody, but last night we needed him to hang with Mbwake and to just abuse Mbwake's backup stiff, and it didn't happen in the least. Part of it was not getting him the ball, part of it was him not getting in position to get the ball in a place to do damage. Watford not really showing up until the last minute didn't help either. I never thought we'd get beat on the boards like THAT. Plus we get into ruts where we don't take care of the ball, which really was a key both at Illinois, at Minnesota, and home vs. Wisconsin. Just a forgettable night. I think another Gopher 60% free throw shooter just rattled in two more free throws...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Minnesota shot a horrendous 4-20 from beyond the arc. This could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Minnesota shot a horrendous 4-20 from beyond the arc. This could have been much worse.
    Except for the fact that they got the offensive rebounds on the 16 shots that they missed! OK, I'm exaggerating, but how many times did it look like there was going to be a shot clock violation but they threw up an unanswered prayer, and then got an offensive rebound? Yuck...
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 02-27-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I still don't think that Zeller will make an immediate impact in the NBA. He just does not have an NBA body right now. Mbwake was abusing him. Can you imagine Zeller going up against the Pacers' front court?
    Freaking Elliot Eliason was abusing him.

This is why the NBA drives me crazy sometimes. They're all about drafting on potential now and don't even care if said prospects are polished enough to compete at the next level. We might lose Zeller prematurely because of the "win now" and "all about potential" mentality that's taken over the sport. We wouldn't be the first, either, and that's why the quality of NBA basketball has taken such a nosedive the last couple decades.

Freaking Elliot Eliason was abusing him.

This is why the NBA drives me crazy sometimes. They're all about drafting on potential now and don't even care if said prospects are polished enough to compete at the next level. We might lose Zeller prematurely because of the "win now" and "all about potential" mentality that's taken over the sport. We wouldn't be the first, either, and that's why the quality of NBA basketball has taken such a nosedive the last couple decades.
    I don't agree with that at all. Unless you meant to say the quality of NCAA basketball has taken a nosedive.

The bottom line is that players leave college before they are dominant college players, hurting the college game, arriving in the NBA before they are ready to contribute there, which hurts the NBA game as they have to learn on the job. Thus I think both have suffered from early entry.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    The bottom line is that players leave college before they are dominant college players, hurting the college game, arriving in the NBA before they are ready to contribute there, which hurts the NBA game as they have to learn on the job. Thus I think both have suffered from early entry.
    I don't agree. I think the NBA is as strong right now, as it ever has been. Is every rookie coming into the league ready to contribute? No, but a lot of them are, and spending at least 1 season at the college level doesn't really seem to make any difference.

Of the 25 (counting Rondo) 2013 All-Stars, there were 5 players who came straight out of high school. LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Tyson Chandler all never spent 1 minute playing college basketball. Are they worse as NBA players for it? I'm not sure you can make that argument.

7 more of the All-Stars spent just 1 year in college, a few of whom did so only because the rules changed and they couldn't join those 5 high schoolers. Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Jrue Holiday, and Zach Randolph left after one season of college basketball. Durant, Irving, and Holiday almost assuredly didn't need that year that was forced on them.

There were 9 All-Stars who spent 2 years playing in college. Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade, Paul George, Brook Lopez, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, James Harden, and Russell Westbrook have all had a pretty good impact on the NBA game early into their careers.

Joakim Noah is the only 2013 All-Star who spent 3 years in school. Tim Duncan and David Lee are the only All-Stars who used all 4 years of their eligibility. Tony Parker played professionally in France.

21 out of the 25 All-Stars came into the league as underclassmen or high school players. I'm failing to see how letting players start getting paid to do something that someone is willing to pay them for, is making the league worse.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post: