Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're "65 years old". Be the adult and leave it alone.
    So what...... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    There isn't a lot of arguing really, just a lot of laughing at hoosierchick showing off his finest shades of cream, crimson, and crazy.
    That's quite mature. I know seeing Purdue sqaunder the best chance it will ever have at national relevance has messed with the psyche of Boiler fans but that is no excuse for sophomoric insults.

Gloating? Thumping their chest? You think saying "it feels so freaking good," is over the top? They just beat the number 1 team in the nation on a "neutral" court. I was there. It was an awesome game, in an awesome atmosphere that was extremely hostile toward their team. I bet it did feel pretty good to see them pull it out. What did you want them to do? Rush the floor, create a permanent memorial display in Hinkle, and give out celebratory rings or something?
    Right, like Purdue fans wouldn't have rushed the court if their team hadn't won on a last second shot over a hated rival and announced their return to national relevance. It was a cathartic moment. IU didn't give out celebratory rings for beating Kentucky genius. We all know that you tools in West Laffy would have put up a banner in Mackey if your team was ever good enough to pull off such a feat.

Re-read the post that irritated me. That kid came here to gloat about how it felt so good to beat IU and thump their chest at IU fans. That is unacceptable behavior in my view. You are only defending him because you hate IU and were happy to see them lose. I know the two only things that make Purdue fans are happy are 1a) when IU loses and 1b) when Notre Dame loses.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Where did I gloat? Find it. Apparently, whatever classes you took at IU didn't emphasize reading.
    Apparently, the classes you took at Butler didn't teach you the definition of simple term such as "gloat" or how to act like a decent human being. You made that post specifically at me because I had the audacity to debate you on a few matters in the past.

Here is a nice firsthand account from an IU fan that attended the game on Saturday about the class and maturity with the Butler student section handled itself:

"I attended the game against Butler and sat right next to the Butler Student section "The Dawg Pound" in Section 211 of Banker's Life. The Dawg Pound had the whole of section 210 and all wore their shirts, stood the entire game, knew the cheers, so there's no doubt this was the official Student Section. As much as people gripe about our student section, I was literally taken aback by these students. It started when Butler went in to halftime down 4. Most of my section were IU fans who were overwhemingly 30+ years in age or older, most with children. The Butler kids booed people walking down the aisle, threw ice at a woman and her husband, and chanted "Zeller sucks" when a kid who couldn't have been older than 4 went down the aisle in his #40 jersey and candy stripe pants. It got way worse. When Butler opened up a lead late in the 2nd half, Butler students JOINED the Paint Crew, sitting opposite in the Fieldhouse, in an "IU Sucks" chant. Then, they started chanting BOILER UP with the Paint Crew. I literally couldn't believe it. These are students who have seen their team go to 2 National Championships. They were yelling like they were on the ropes, and like IU was their biggest rival. When Yogi hit the 3 to tie and IU fans began going nuts, a swarm of mini basketballs were thrown from the section at fans. A few older Butler fans in the section even tried to tell them they weren't acting like they do at Hinkle and to cut it out. They were booed. I guess this came to a big surprise to me because I have seen Butler play before at Hinkle. They had a great student section and no incidents. Last year at the same Crossroads Classic, these students were joined by IU fans in drowning out the boos from Purdue fans during player introductions. I know as students we are far from perfect. In fact, in the past 4 years I have seen some pretty shameful stuff. Never has it been more than a few morons and never has it been away from AH. I was extremely let down by this. I have always respected Butler. Not anymore. It would be one thing if it were a few bad apples, but an entire student section of 150+? As far as I'm concerned, there is no humble underdog Butler anymore. They are about as high and mighty as it gets and as delusional as Purdue fans. I guess that's why their final chant was so fitting...with zero banners and having lost to us last year they proclaimed "This is our state."

I am glad I never associated myself with a school like Butler. What terrible, shameful behavior.

Ah good Lord man, don't start with the bad fan behavior thing. You know I hate that argument. Every school has jackasses it's part of sports.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    That's quite mature. I know seeing Purdue sqaunder the best chance it will ever have at national relevance has messed with the psyche of Boiler fans but that is no excuse for sophomoric insults.
    What would you know about maturity? ...

Yeah, I heard enough made-up stories from crybaby Kentucky fans a year ago to last a lifetime. It's nothing but sour grapes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Here is a nice firsthand account from an IU fan that attended the game on Saturday about the class and maturity with the Butler student section handled itself:

"I attended the game against Butler and sat right next to the Butler Student section "The Dawg Pound" in Section 211 of Banker's Life. The Dawg Pound had the whole of section 210 and all wore their shirts, stood the entire game, knew the cheers, so there's no doubt this was the official Student Section. As much as people gripe about our student section, I was literally taken aback by these students. It started when Butler went in to halftime down 4. Most of my section were IU fans who were overwhemingly 30+ years in age or older, most with children. The Butler kids booed people walking down the aisle, threw ice at a woman and her husband, and chanted "Zeller sucks" when a kid who couldn't have been older than 4 went down the aisle in his #40 jersey and candy stripe pants. It got way worse. When Butler opened up a lead late in the 2nd half, Butler students JOINED the Paint Crew, sitting opposite in the Fieldhouse, in an "IU Sucks" chant. Then, they started chanting BOILER UP with the Paint Crew. I literally couldn't believe it. These are students who have seen their team go to 2 National Championships. They were yelling like they were on the ropes, and like IU was their biggest rival. When Yogi hit the 3 to tie and IU fans began going nuts, a swarm of mini basketballs were thrown from the section at fans. A few older Butler fans in the section even tried to tell them they weren't acting like they do at Hinkle and to cut it out. They were booed. I guess this came to a big surprise to me because I have seen Butler play before at Hinkle. They had a great student section and no incidents. Last year at the same Crossroads Classic, these students were joined by IU fans in drowning out the boos from Purdue fans during player introductions. I know as students we are far from perfect. In fact, in the past 4 years I have seen some pretty shameful stuff. Never has it been more than a few morons and never has it been away from AH. I was extremely let down by this. I have always respected Butler. Not anymore. It would be one thing if it were a few bad apples, but an entire student section of 150+? As far as I'm concerned, there is no humble underdog Butler anymore. They are about as high and mighty as it gets and as delusional as Purdue fans. I guess that's why their final chant was so fitting...with zero banners and having lost to us last year they proclaimed "This is our state."

I am glad I never associated myself with a school like Butler. What terrible, shameful behavior.
    absolutely shameful. with things so wildly out of control, i'm surprised nobody got called a "poopyhead"

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Hold up its an emergency, better call the WAHbulance

Apparently, the classes you took at Butler didn't teach you the definition of simple term such as "gloat" or how to act like a decent human being. You made that post specifically at me because I had the audacity to debate you on a few matters in the past.
    Uhhhh, you have posters mixed up and the definition of gloat is to boast in a boisterous fashion and I have seen that from no one here. The only thing I have seen is whining from you.

If he has sophomoric insults yours ate sixth gradish and I have no dog in this fight, I hate all three schools equally, roll trees.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where's that jerk off motion GIF that Darren caused me to search for?

Oh. Here it is.

Thanks hoosierdude. I needed to find a good spot to use this.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

you mean...

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

If anyone ever wonders why IU fans are stereotyped, one need not look further than this thread. Lots of good, rational fans, and then the one "IU fan."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

If anyone ever wonders why IU fans are stereotyped, one need not look further than this thread. Lots of good, rational fans, and then the one "IU fan."
    Yeah, but you could say the same about every single fan base which was my whole point when Darren was in here complaining about the way UK fans were "treated" at the game last December. One guy acting like an asshat can drown out 10 people acting completely sane. I mean look at how far off course this thread is.

Anyway, could be burrito time at Assembly tonight. Mount St. Mary's might be the worst team we've played this year (saying a lot)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

If throwing inflatable balls at people is so bad, I wonder what Hoosierguy thinks of people who throw unopened beer cans. Good thing he's not associated with a school that would ever, EVER do that.

...lots of good, rational fans, and then the one "IU fan."
    No, what you see are lots of good, rational, and fairly typical IU fans, and then there's one other IU fan who tends to act like a Kentucky fan, at least when any adversity arises, like... after a loss, perhaps?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Haha none of the throwing stuff even happened. Salty IU fan made it up to feel better.

I love how the pathetic banner argument seeps in at the end. Maybe students were chanting "This is our state" because for a majority of their lives Butler has been the superior program?
    Last edited by PacersHomer; 12-19-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    No, what you see are lots of good, rational, and fairly typical IU fans, and then there's one other IU fan who tends to act like a Kentucky fan, at least when any adversity arises, like... after a loss, perhaps?
    Again with the obsession of something related to UK. If it isnt one thing its another.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I am 100% with you. I realize that hoosierboy is an anomaly here. He's the worst kind of fan. He's the same guy that said he wasn't ever going to be a fan of the Colts again as they were losing last year, and then immediately jumped back on the bandwagon this season after it became obvious they were going to remain relevant. I'm sure he's probably a Notre Dame football fan too. At least until after the National Championship game that is.

I'm sort of a rare breed. I grew up as an IU fan (my grandfather made damned sure that he properly instilled in me the Gospel of Bobby as a young boy) but went to Purdue. I still root for IU when they aren't playing Purdue. I didn't mean to insinuate that all IU fans were like the scourge of this thread. I simply meant to say that he is perpetuating the stereotype that many people have of Hoosier fans. I apologize if my post came off as lumping all IU fans in with him. That was why I put "IU fan" in quotation marks, but it didn't read as well on paper, as it sounded in my head.

IU will be fine. It's one loss to a good team. If anything it will probably end up helping them, more than anything come B1G season, because God knows the rest of the preseason schedule isn't doing much to help.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

I grew up in southern Indiana so I know UK fans firsthand. As Obi Wan would say any time you entered a bar anywhere in UK country "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I disliked UK fans for gloating and obnoxiousness long before I knew anything about their program's long history of point shaving, paying players, fixing test scores, giving players fake jobs, money handshakes, packages of money bursting open, etc. etc. etc.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darren35 View Post
    Again with the obsession of something related to UK. If it isnt one thing its another.
    Says the UK fan who keeps reading and posting in a thread about IU athletics.

Who knew sticking up for one's school would warrant such an absurd backlash? It is comical the volume of insults that have been lobbed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Haha none of the throwing stuff even happened. Salty IU fan made it up to feel better.

I love how the pathetic banner argument seeps in at the end. Maybe students were chanting "This is our state" because for a majority of their lives Butler has been the superior program?
    But booing four year olds and throwing ice is just fine and dandy. A couple of tourney runs turned you people into a bunch of classless arrogant jackholes. Act like you've been there before.