Page 25 of 131 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #601
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So maybe you should stop watching all sports? That comment makes you sound like an idiot. Purdue fans, smh.
    If that's your prerogative. Only idiots want a rival school to be bad as opposed to the school/team they support be good. There's a gigantic difference between enjoying watching good basketball players play and watching good basketball players play and being of the opinion that somehow since you like their shirt it makes you "better." "shake your head" all you want, it's true.

  2. #602
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's your prerogative. Only idiots want a rival school to be bad as opposed to the school/team they support be good. There's a gigantic difference between enjoying watching good basketball players play and watching good basketball players play and being of the opinion that somehow since you like their shirt it makes you "better." "shake your head" all you want, it's true.
    I'm not sure I follow. I think most people want their school/team to be good while their biggest rivals struggle. It's not just a hoosierguy thing or an IU fan thing--you would be lying if you told me you didn't take a little bit of joy when IU was down and Purdue was up.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #603
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure I follow. I think most people want their school/team to be good while their biggest rivals struggle. It's not just a hoosierguy thing or an IU fan thing--you would be lying if you told me you didn't take a little bit of joy when IU was down and Purdue was up.
    No I wouldn't. The only time I care about what IU's doing any more than any other Big Ten school is when they're playing Purdue or going after the same recruits. This is a massive, massive problem within the Purdue fanbase. The "little brother" thing isn't just IU knocking Purdue, it's engrained in Purdue's culture. Look at the blogs and message boards. It's pathetic and hurts the school.

  5. #604
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,329
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Vonleh and Williams just like I called it! Woooooooo

  6. #605

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Wow, on the other message boards conversation has already turned to. What are the chances we keep Zeller. Which isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.

    My thoughts are this

    1 - Zeller may stay if we win it all, so he can have back to back titles, something his brother didn't do. And if we don't he might stay to try and win one.

    2 - Zeller is smart about his future. Yes he will be a later pick in the 2014 NBA draft. But that can be better for a player. You go to a better team, have more quality veterans to learn from. And likely better coaching. And Zeller knows, you don't make your money in the NBA on your rookie deal. Your rookie deal is about improving as much as possible to get more money on later deals.

  7. #606
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Anyone who thinks Zeller is going to stick around for another year is living in a dream world. I've said it before, but it looks like it needs to be said again: Barring injury, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that Zeller returns to Indiana. For Christ's sake, we basically just gave his scholarship to Noah Vonleh.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  9. #607

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who thinks Zeller is going to stick around for another year is living in a dream world. I've said it before, but it looks like it needs to be said again: Barring injury, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that Zeller returns to Indiana. For Christ's sake, we basically just gave his scholarship to Noah Vonleh.
    People who know him seem to think differently. Hate to break it to you. But just because its your opinion, doesn't make it virtual fact.

    If Zeller only cared about the NBA he would already have left.

    And he obviously hasn't decided even, because he is killing himself in the classroom to be on pace for a 3 year degree.

  10. #608
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who know him seem to think differently. Hate to break it to you. But just because its your opinion, doesn't make it virtual fact.

    If Zeller only cared about the NBA he would already have left.

    And he obviously hasn't decided even, because he is killing himself in the classroom to be on pace for a 3 year degree.
    Name your wager. My opinion is my opinion, but it is rooted in deep, deep common sense and widely held beliefs.

    Oh, and he's on pace for a degree in under three years. He had so many classes in high school that he got college credit for, took so many summer classes, that he could graduate in less than three years.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #609

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Name your wager. My opinion is my opinion, but it is rooted in deep, deep common sense and widely held beliefs.

    Oh, and he's on pace for a degree in under three years. He had so many classes in high school that he got college credit for, took so many summer classes, that he could graduate in less than three years.
    Well unless its less than 2 your point seems to be nonexistent. Because he wouldn't have a degree when leaving. So it begs the question why he is killing himself in the classroom. And from what I have heard he hasn't even taken I-core yet. Which with his schedule means he can't take it till next summer. And after I-core he has 30 credit hours give or take.

    I don't care about betting. Since I don't really know what he is going to do. And just because its your opinion doesn't make it widely held belief. On other boards people are saying its around 50-50. I believe a mod on hoosiersportsnation even referred to it as 60-40 in our favor.

  13. #610
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well unless its less than 2 your point seems to be nonexistent. Because he wouldn't have a degree when leaving. So it begs the question why he is killing himself in the classroom. And from what I have heard he hasn't even taken I-core yet. Which with his schedule means he can't take it till next summer. And after I-core he has 30 credit hours give or take.

    I don't care about betting. Since I don't really know what he is going to do. And just because its your opinion doesn't make it widely held belief. On other boards people are saying its around 50-50. I believe a mod on hoosiersportsnation even referred to it as 60-40 in our favor.
    I have not seen a reputable place or person say that Zeller is 50/50 on returning. The staff is sure expecting for him to be gone. The writing is on the wall. If you want to pump rainbows into your *** and hold onto the hope that he is staying, don't let me stop you But I am not getting my hopes up.

  14. #611
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    cdash is bang on the money anyone that thinks Zeller is staying needs there head checked.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  15. #612
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who know him seem to think differently. Hate to break it to you. But just because its your opinion, doesn't make it virtual fact.

    If Zeller only cared about the NBA he would already have left.

    And he obviously hasn't decided even, because he is killing himself in the classroom to be on pace for a 3 year degree.
    I hope you understand that unless Zeller leaves, we are royally ****ed when it comes to scholarships.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #613
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,329
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    When you have the chance to be the number one pick, I'm sorry, but you gotta take advantage of it.

  18. #614

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cdash is bang on the money anyone that thinks Zeller is staying needs there head checked.
    No, he isn't. No one on this board or anyone other than Cody or his parents knows what he's going to do.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  20. #615

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you have the chance to be the number one pick, I'm sorry, but you gotta take advantage of it.
    Well, good thing Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck didn't feel the same way you do.


    And passing up #1 didn't exactly derail Tim Duncan's career.

  21. #616
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, good thing Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck didn't feel the same way you do.


    And passing up #1 didn't exactly derail Tim Duncan's career.
    you are living in the land of hope and dreams.

    and why are you comparing zeller to NFL dudes the systems are totally different.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  22. #617
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,329
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you are living in the land of hope and dreams.

    and why are you comparing zeller to NFL dudes the systems are totally different.
    Exactly. The draft in 2014 is so much stronger than this year. He would be pretty stupid to stay. Not to mention the scholarship situation. I think Noah committing made it pretty clear Cody is gone. If by some miracle he stays, well that's awesome.

  23. #618

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    For all the out-of-market folks, like me, the IU - North Dakota State game is being shown on BTN tomorrow at 5 pm.

  24. #619
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he isn't. No one on this board or anyone other than Cody or his parents knows what he's going to do.
    Of course I don't "know" what he is going to do, but get real people. No one "knew" that Anthony Davis was going to go pro at this point last year, but it was a commonly held belief that he would. Everyone seemed to understand this and take it for what it was. I don't see why so many people are in denial about it around here.

  25. #620
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    You know people, not everyone only cares about getting the biggest pay day possible as soon as possible. Based on what people say who are a lot closer to the Zeller family say it seems to me that it is highly likely he stays to get his degree before going to the NBA.

  26. #621
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Now for the real issue as to why I came into this thread. ****ing Big Ten Network and their greedy ****ing asses. No I will not pay to watch the IU game on some ****** *** streaming service. Stop being so ****ing greedy, or start ****ing paying the players. I hated the idea of the BTN when I first heard of it, now I hate it even more.

  27. #622
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know people, not everyone only cares about getting the biggest pay day possible as soon as possible. Based on what people say who are a lot closer to the Zeller family say it seems to me that it is highly likely he stays to get his degree before going to the NBA.
    Little piece of news for those of us who think it's either "degree or NBA": You can do both. Athletes do it all the time. He can finish up his classes during the summer and earn a degree. There are a number of ways he can accomplish this. He isn't the first elite athlete in basketball history to value his education.

    I'm done arguing this, but I welcome any and all wagers on Cody staying in school. Lay some odds on me.

  28. #623
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now for the real issue as to why I came into this thread. ****ing Big Ten Network and their greedy ****ing asses. No I will not pay to watch the IU game on some ****** *** streaming service. Stop being so ****ing greedy, or start ****ing paying the players. I hated the idea of the BTN when I first heard of it, now I hate it even more.
    This is courtesy of Jeff Rabjohns:

    There has been a lot of conversation about the BTN.com broadcast of tonight's game, so I reached out to the Big Ten Network for an explanation of how things work.

    Below is the response from Elizabeth Conlisk, the BTN's vice president of communications.

    The IU-North Daktoa State game will be replayed Tuesday at 5 p.m. (Eastern) on the Big Ten Network.



    "I understand that folks are disappointed it's not airing on BTN tonight. We are airing the Central Michigan at Iowa game at 7: 30 PM ET, so there's a conflict. Last Friday, we had nine Big Ten teams playing, and the game we aired was Bryant at Indiana. Every Big Ten team will appear at least once on the Big Ten Digital Network this season, and tonight is IU's only appearance on BTDN, the fewest of any Big Ten team. We'd certainly prefer to air IU, since IU men's basketball games are top rated, but we have to be fair to all the schools. It's also important to note that extra channels are only available on football Saturdays, and with so many Big Ten games scheduled for the same date and time, we don't have a choice."

  29. #624
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    ...that post being made, the pay for streaming thing is a complete load of ********.

  30. #625
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Oh I wouldn't mind if I had to stream it at all, it is the paying to stream it that pisses me off.

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •