Page 126 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #3126
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,327
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Damn fishy. Wasn't he barely top 100 a few months ago?

  2. #3127
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn fishy. Wasn't he barely top 100 a few months ago?
    Yeah, but his hype has been building for the past 16 months or so. He completely dominated this high school season.

    I don't think he'll be quite as good as some think right away, but I think he will have an immediate impact.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #3128
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,078

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but his hype has been building for the past 16 months or so. He completely dominated this high school season.

    I don't think he'll be quite as good as some think right away, but I think he will have an immediate impact.
    Certainly I think he should/will start over our hapless friend Hanner Perea.

  4. #3129
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn fishy. Wasn't he barely top 100 a few months ago?
    Fischer was #67 in ESPN's earlier rankings and prior to that he was unranked so needless to say he has been shooting up the charts. Rivals still has him ranked outside the top 100.

  5. #3130
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    The #16 IU baseball team won its ninth straight game today, beating Nebraska 8-6. They are 35-8 on the season and tied with Minnesota atop the Big Ten standings. Winning the conference won't be easy though as the schedule down the stretch is pretty tough. They should be able to get an at large bid to the NCAA tourney at least

  6. #3131
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    The now #14 IU baseball team took the rubber match against Nebraska today improving their mark to 36-9, 13-5 in the Big Ten.

  7. #3132
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    IU will play at Syracuse in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. That will be a tough matchup obviously but good preparation for conference play.

    Purwho gets Boston College. Haha. Yep, that is where PU is now.

  8. #3133
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,078

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Rumors afoot that Evan Gordan is transferring to IU for his final season of eligibility.

  9. #3134

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems more like Crean or Glass or whomever it was that decided to make the rings didn't understand what was expected at IU.
    Expectations are lower for Crean because he didn't reach the Sweet 16 4 times out of 5 tournament appearances with Marquette.

  10. #3135
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedConfusion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expectations are lower for Crean because he didn't reach the Sweet 16 4 times out of 5 tournament appearances with Marquette.
    That isn't true. Those rings celebrated the long, hard journey back to respectability. There were no Sweet 16 rings after this past season I can assure you of that. The expectations were higher.

  11. #3136
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    In other news, Crean met with Evan Gordon today about possibly transferring to IU. He will visit Butler on Tuesday. I don't know where he will end up but he would add a much needed veteran presence to the team not to mention offensive production.

    The IU baseball team wrapped up the weekend taking 2 of 3 against Northwestern and are now 38-11 overall, 15-6 in the Big Ten. They have a huge three game series at O$U to end the regular season. The race for the conference title is tight down the stretch so the Hoosiers need a good showing in Columbus.

  12. #3137

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Evan Gordon seems to be only interested in Butler and IU, per the twitterverse such as Rabjohns and Peegs

    Considering Remy's transfer, he seems a very good 1-year fit, unless Yogi backup minutes are not what he's after. 15 minutes a game would be about his ceiling, but if that floats his boat then welcome aboard.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. #3138
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,285

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    IU/Purdue only playing once next year, @ Purdue. stupid.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  15. #3139

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Might as well get used to it. With conference expansion, home and homes will soon become a thing of the past. It sucks.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  17. #3140
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    IU and Purdue should enter into an agreement to play each other in Indy before Big Ten play if they only meet once in conference.

  18. #3141
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,078

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU and Purdue should enter into an agreement to play each other in Indy before Big Ten play if they only meet once in conference.
    The last time the schedule broke like this, they did play a non-conference game on the other team's home court.

  19. #3142
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Evan Gordon has transferred from Arizona State to Indiana, and will have immediate eligibility as a 5th year senior.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  21. #3143

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    https://twitter.com/KyleNeddenriep/s...53395103272960

    Arizona State transfer Evan Gordon has committed to Indiana. Also considered Butler. "Nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU," he said.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  22. #3144
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Really happy to get Evan. Seems all but a conclusion that Eron will probably end up there too and Evan fills our backup point spot nicely. Should be able to give us 7 or 8 a game off the bench.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #3145
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,078

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems all but a conclusion that Eron will probably end up there too and Evan fills our backup point spot nicely.
    Whoa there chief. Still a loooong way to go in that recruitment. We are in good standing with him but I wouldn't call it imminent or anything.

  24. #3146

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    It cannot hurt, having Eron presumably coming down to see his brother play on a regular basis.

    It's three years away, two until a decision, but it already seems to be only IU, Michigan, and Purdue in the running.

    edit: OK, I could be wrong there in that days ago Louisville, OSU, Michigan St. and Baylor got mentions too.

    http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/05...e-for-himself/
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 05-15-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  25. #3147
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    He's a sophomore this fall right? I mean it can't hurt us that both of his older brothers will have been in cream and crimson.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #3148
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,078

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    He's looking like he's going to be a top notch recruit. Possibly 5-star. So expect the rest of the blue bloods to get involved at some point. Like I said, a long way to go here.

  27. #3149
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,503

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might as well get used to it. With conference expansion, home and homes will soon become a thing of the past. It sucks.


    Yes, but we added the super elite powerhouses of Maryland and Rutgers, so it's worth it.........

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  29. #3150
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's looking like he's going to be a top notch recruit. Possibly 5-star. So expect the rest of the blue bloods to get involved at some point. Like I said, a long way to go here.
    Much like Cody, he's supposed to be the best of the group.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •