Page 114 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3264

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

  1. #2826
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who knows if Crean will ever have a roster with this much talent again?

    Next year's team will have MORE raw talent than this year's team, I mean good Lord guys, I love this team, but our starting backcourt were both 5'11" ish and one of them was a complete and utter liability when his jumper wasn't falling which was pretty much the case for the last six weeks.
    It's very hard for me to believe a team, that isn't Kentucky at least, can lose both the preseason player of the year and a possible the national player of the year and have better talent the next year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  3. #2827
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very hard for me to believe a team, that isn't Kentucky at least, can lose both the preseason player of the year and a possible the national player of the year and have better talent the next year.
    I'm still assuming Zeller is coming back. If he doesn't that changes things.

    Vonleh is really good.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #2828
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I'm trying to decide if I even want to venture over to the dumpster fire that is probably Peegs today.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #2829
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Here is my question

    If we start either Hulls or Yogi and then Vic, Sheehey, Watford, Zeller last night does that change the complexion of the game? I think it does. Like I said I think sticking with the small backcourt is my biggest head scratcher from last night.

    We spotted them an 18 point lead and then from then on at least played them even or maybe slightly better, but that small lineup simply set us back too far. Bilas basically said the same thing this morning. They picked on our small guards, especially Triche on Hulls early and then we let them get ahead and stay ahead.

    **** happens, Cuse's zone was a bad matchup and we couldn't hit our 3s either, which you know you need to hit at least 5 or 6 against Cuse to make them bring that zone out a bit and we didn't.

    Perfect storm, perfect storm, but I certinaly think the program is in a great spot and we are going to be competitive every year. I am excited for the future and I think we all should be. Disappointed in last night, but excited for what the future can hold. Vonleh is great. Troy Williams is a really exciting commit for a lot of reasons. I heard something last night that surprised me, but I guess it shouldn't Ohio State has the longest streak in the nation right now at 4 straight sweet 16 appearances everybody else is at 3 or less at the moment.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-29-2013 at 11:13 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #2830
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    I'm going to say exactly what I said last year. Selfishly, I really hope Cody Zeller stays. But he should absolutely go pro. No question.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  9. #2831
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Eh I think he's going 10-13 whether it's this year or next. But I won't begrudge him one bit if he declares.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #2832
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,906

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brad Stevens. Obviously, they're not going to fire Crean yet but I have hard time believing Brad would pass up a huge pay raise to go 60 some odd miles down the road to Bloomington.
    Maybe 2 years ago, but not now. IU may be able to pay him more (although Butler's move to the Big East means Stevens is likely due for a raise), but I can't see him jumping ship. It should be Duke or bust for Stevens if he leaves at all.

    I'd say on a 10 point scale, Crean is an 8.5...he's an excellent recruiter and his enthusiasm for the game is contagious, but as far as an X's and O's coach, he's probably above average at best. He's done enough for IU's program to get the benefit of the doubt for at least the next 5 years or so.

  11. #2833
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    If IU wanted to make the move to get Brad Stevens they could, but there is no reason for them to.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #2834
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very hard for me to believe a team, that isn't Kentucky at least, can lose both the preseason player of the year and a possible the national player of the year and have better talent the next year.
    If you go by recruit rankings IU will have better talent next year. Vonleh is the highest ranked recruit Crean has ever landed at IU and the 2013 class is ranked #4 in the country by ESPN.

    Next year's team will have more talent but won't be as good due to the loss of upperclassmen and possibly Zeller. I think IU will be back in the top 10 in 2014-15 though.

  13. #2835
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe 2 years ago, but not now. IU may be able to pay him more (although Butler's move to the Big East means Stevens is likely due for a raise), but I can't see him jumping ship. It should be Duke or bust for Stevens if he leaves at all.

    I'd say on a 10 point scale, Crean is an 8.5...he's an excellent recruiter and his enthusiasm for the game is contagious, but as far as an X's and O's coach, he's probably above average at best. He's done enough for IU's program to get the benefit of the doubt for at least the next 5 years or so.
    Stevens would come to IU in a heartbeat. His father went to IU and it wouldn't be a culture shock going 50 miles south.

  14. #2836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevens would come to IU in a heartbeat. His father went to IU and it wouldn't be a culture shock going 50 miles south.
    The same chance of that happening is the chance of him coming to Indiana state. It's not going to happen.

  15. #2837
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same chance of that happening is the chance of him coming to Indiana state. It's not going to happen.
    That's absurd.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #2838
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,906

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevens would come to IU in a heartbeat. His father went to IU and it wouldn't be a culture shock going 50 miles south.
    The only people who think this are IU fans.

    Stevens isn't going to take someone's job that got fired. He'll take someone's like Coach K who retires in an environment where he knows he can be successful. Honestly, would you feel safe if IU fired Tom Crean (who has been fairly successful) to get you? There's some pretty unreasonable expectations there if that would be the case.
    Last edited by PR07; 03-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  19. #2839
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Stevens is staying put at Butler. One of the classiest, most loyal guys out there.

  20. #2840
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only people who think this are IU fans.
    And the only people who dismiss it offhand are Butler fans.

    Moot point, Crean isn't going anywhere and neither is Stevens.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #2841
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,906

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the only people who dismiss it offhand are Butler fans.

    Moot point, Crean isn't going anywhere and neither is Stevens.
    If he was about the money, he would've gone to Oregon where Nike's CEO would open up his wallet and make him one of the highest paid coaches in the sport. If he was about prestige, he would've gone to UCLA. This leads me to believe he's about success, being in an environment where he's comfortable, and building something great from the ground up...not chasing ghosts.

  23. #2842

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevens would come to IU in a heartbeat. His father went to IU and it wouldn't be a culture shock going 50 miles south.
    Why does his dad going to IU mean anything?

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  25. #2843
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Stevens will stay with Butler. Look at what Butler's AD has done to get him more consistent access to talent and national respect. A10 this year, and now the Big East. He is not going to leave when his AD is making huge efforts in helping him build a legendary program. Stevens could essentially have his pick of available programs as this point. He wants to build something from scratch.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  26. #2844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the only people who dismiss it offhand are Butler fans.

    Moot point, Crean isn't going anywhere and neither is Stevens.
    I am no butler fan but I dismiss it offhand. He may like the program but does he seem like the type of guy who would move an hour south? No, no he doesn't.

  27. #2845
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does his dad going to IU mean anything?
    Really? A direct family tie to the school? He grew up cheering for IU.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  29. #2846
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only people who think this are IU fans.

    Stevens isn't going to take someone's job that got fired. He'll take someone's like Coach K who retires in an environment where he knows he can be successful. Honestly, would you feel safe if IU fired Tom Crean (who has been fairly successful) to get you? There's some pretty unreasonable expectations there if that would be the case.
    Crean would only get fired if IU reverted back to missing the tournament. Fred Glass is a smart guy- if Crean keeps getting IU into the NCAAT he will be here until he decides to leave.

  30. #2847
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does his dad going to IU mean anything?
    Brad has talked about this before. How he used to go to every IU game with his dad as a kid. It meant a lot to him. There was an article about it a couple years ago.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #2848
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are Cody Zeller, don't you have to watch last night's tape and think "Ok, I've lost enough money already, I'm out of here."
    I don't know about what Zeller is thinking, but I totally agree with your point.

    I don't see Zeller as a post player at all in the NBA. He has no where near the required strength and his elevation just doesn't enable it. I haven't seen him taking a lot of 15-18 foot jumpers to go well with the PF position either. He does run the floor well and has the quickness to get around defenders away from the basket. If I were Zeller, I would definitely take the money, I don't think he could be drafted any high next year than this year and he risks being lower next year. This year, I don't think he will be drafted as high as he was slotted earlier this year; I think he will settle in at 7-10.

    As for the game last night, I can't state strongly enough how disappointed I am in Crean. Although we really weren't playing a high/low post combination, we were still getting a ton of open looks at the high post for Zeller. The problem was that Zeller took very few of them. My assumption is that Zeler must not have much confidence in that shot. But jeez, come on. That is where you expect the shots to present themselves and that is where you have to be prepared to take them.

    Crean should have slid Watford into the high post and established Zeller on the baseline just outside of the lane. Watford has the size to get those shots and can easily make those shots or take the ball to he rim. As one or two of the baseline defenders would close on him, he then would have had the choice of shooting or passing to Zeller or Sheehy near the rim.

    Crean is probably a good coach for option A or option B, but he doesn't seem to be great at providing an impromptu option C. Even though we did miss a lot of open shots, I just didn't think we were all that well prepared. If we were, our players would have been far more prepared to take those 10-12 foot high post shots as they presented themselves. After all, those are the shots you hope to get against the 2-3 if you are hoping to open up better opportunities along the baseline.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  34. #2849
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please go with him. The man takes over a job nobody wants and wins 29 GAMES this year and this is the crap he gets?
    No see how this works, if you love him so much, you go with him. Trust me, Hoosier fans won't miss you. I will need someone new to give me maturity lessons though.

  35. #2850
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,438

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crean would only get fired if IU reverted back to missing the tournament. Fred Glass is a smart guy- if Crean keeps getting IU into the NCAAT he will be here until he decides to leave.

    Any coach should be able to get into the NCAA tournament with Indiana's recruiting resources. That's an awfully low bar to set. You'd have to be an absolutely terrible coach and recruiter to miss out on the NCAAT given everything Indiana has to sell.

    I'm not giving up on Crean yet, but a bunch of Sweet 16's isn't going to cut it. The end of this season was a complete failure.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •